PDA

View Full Version : Alot of questions

loblin
Sep 9, 2006, 08:53 AM
I hope someone's gonna help me with these questions. I'd be really thankful if you did.

1. I read on PSU's official site. And I saw this:

In Phantasy Star Universe, combat types, such as "hunter," "ranger," and "force," are important. Each Guardian receives combat information and support from the main computer at headquarters. This support differs based on combat style.

When you change types, your weapons and abilities also change. Change your type as many times as you'd like at the type selection counter. Your types will also be leveled up based on mission points. The levels are maintained, so you can choose the best type suited for each mission.

Does that mean I can change between FOrce, hunter and ranger whenever I want, because that seems awesome.

2. How do you obtain expert classes? And can you switch between your class and the expert class when you obtain it?

3. Will the PM work like mags did in PSO? Like, they'll follow you and boost your stats?

4. I checked the techs-list and didn't see any sign of shifta or other buff-techs. Will they still be in the game?

5. I heard there are 4 huge planets. But how many areas are there and how big are they?

6. How much playtime would you estimate it takes to reach level 50? (I know they're gonna raise the level cap, but it would be nice to know)

7. How much is the monthly fee? I've heard it's $8, but other says it's $10.

8. I read that there are 70 weapons. Is that weapon types (like axe, gun, shotgun, launcher) or does that number include rares? I think I know the answer (which is the first one) but I wanna be sure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tystys
Sep 9, 2006, 09:02 AM
1.Yes, I believe that this is possible

2.Unknown

3.In a sense. You feed your PM items and it grows, but I don't know if it'll increase your stats

4.They're probably under a different name

5.Someone with import could probably answer this

6.Possibly above 200 hours

7.10-12$. PSO was known to never have an overly priced monthly fee, so I'm guessing this won't either.

8.I don't think it includes rares.

EspioKaos
Sep 9, 2006, 09:14 AM
On 2006-09-09 06:53, loblin wrote:
1. I read on PSU's official site. And I saw this:

In Phantasy Star Universe, combat types, such as "hunter," "ranger," and "force," are important. Each Guardian receives combat information and support from the main computer at headquarters. This support differs based on combat style.

When you change types, your weapons and abilities also change. Change your type as many times as you'd like at the type selection counter. Your types will also be leveled up based on mission points. The levels are maintained, so you can choose the best type suited for each mission.

Does that mean I can change between FOrce, hunter and ranger whenever I want, because that seems awesome.
Almost whenever you want. You can't change in the middle of a mission. And the very first mission you take after creating your character in network and extra modes will be classed based on race. Humans and beasts will be hunters, newmans will be forces, and casts will be rangers.

2. How do you obtain expert classes? And can you switch between your class and the expert class when you obtain it?
As far as we know, you have to completely max out the level cap of one particular class. The other half of this question I'm not sure about.

3. Will the PM work like mags did in PSO? Like, they'll follow you and boost your stats?
No. At first, your PM stays in your room as a weapon/item synthesis machine as well as storage bank. You can level it up to make it evolve similar to a MAG, and eventually it will evolve into a little humanoid robot that you can take out into the field with you to battle at your side. It doesn't boost your stats, however.

4. I checked the techs-list and didn't see any sign of shifta or other buff-techs. Will they still be in the game?
They are; they're just under different names.

Shifta = Agtal
Jellen = Agdeal
Deband = Defbal
Zalure = Defdeal

There are also other support techs such as zodial, zoldeal, deezas, rendis, retial, megiverse and megistal.

5. I heard there are 4 huge planets. But how many areas are there and how big are they?
Three planets and one space colony. Here are the known levels:

Guardians Colony
|_Linear Line

Parum
|_Raffon Meadow
|_Raffon Relics
|_Rozenom Line Milate 04

Neudaiz
|_Mizuraki C.D.
|_Shikon Archipelago
|_Hakura Temple

Moatoob
|_Galenigare Mine
|_Kugu Desert

Both Neudaiz and Moatoob should have their own Relics sites, as well, from what I've read, I just didn't add them in since I can't confirm that. I know this list isn't complete, though. Oh, yeah, and then there's the last level which is a big spoiler. Don't highlight the following text if you don't want the surprise ruined: SEED Hive.

6. How much playtime would you estimate it takes to reach level 50? (I know they're gonna raise the level cap, but it would be nice to know)
Sorry, I'm not sure.

7. How much is the monthly fee? I've heard it's $8, but other says it's $10.
The U.S. monthly fee has not yet been revealed by SEGA.

8. I read that there are 70 weapons. Is that weapon types (like axe, gun, shotgun, launcher) or does that number include rares? I think I know the answer (which is the first one) but I wanna be sure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
There are 20 or so weapon categories, and between those, there are over 200 weapons. I'm not sure if that includes rares, though.

Haze2in1
Sep 9, 2006, 09:19 AM
1. Yes it is. I dont know how to really do it yet, perhaps you need to reach a certain level in one class to go on to the next.......

2. There are expert classes in the offline mode, dont know how to get them and dont konw f there are any online

3. PM need to be fed to grow, when it reaches a certain level it evolves into it humanoid form and you can take it to battle

4. What Tystys said i think

5. As far as I konw there are 3 planets and the space station. So I guess you could call it 4 planets

6. lots

7. again what Tystys said

8.unknown

loblin
Sep 9, 2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the answers!

loblin
Sep 9, 2006, 09:37 AM
Uhm, by the way, what happens when you level up a class? Do your stats changes or anything?

Zabrio
Sep 9, 2006, 09:44 AM
dunno that would be cool though, think about it instead of your mag increasing stats it is you class lvs (Hunter ATP, Ranger ATA, Force MST) that would be complete le awesome

Zabrio
Sep 9, 2006, 09:45 AM
That would make up for the loss of the mag

Fleece
Sep 9, 2006, 10:03 AM
6 = Offline on extra mode, Around 13 - 14 hours to hit 50

A2K
Sep 9, 2006, 10:10 AM
1. To clarify, you walk up to a counter in Guardian's Colony and pay a meseta fee in order to change your class. When you level up a class, you gain a slight boost in stats. More importantly, I believe you also eventually are able to equip higher-rank weapons.

Each of the categories of weapons available you're given a rank in. The higher your rank is, the higher rank weapon of that type you can equip. For example, if you're "B" rank with, say, rifles, you can equip up to rifles that are labeled as "B" rank. I believe leveling up your class will also (eventually) raise your weapons' ranks.

Zabrio
Sep 9, 2006, 12:22 PM
Awsome