PDA

View Full Version : Offline Extra Mode Class Level Cap (10?)

MrPOW
Sep 9, 2006, 10:12 AM
So in offline extra mode I just got an S-rank on a mission and my class level bar was raised enough to go from level 10 to 11...but it didn't. It seems to have maxed out at 10. This sucks, I thought it was supposed to go to 20? I know online and offline modes will have differences, but a lvl 10 cap on classes seems a bit low. I guess now I need to switch to Hunter and start leveling that....thing is I just blew almost all my money on an S-rank handgun thinking I was going to be a Ranger for quite awhile longer, and if I switch I won't even be able to use it.

Can anyne confirm tht class levels are in fact going to 20 online?

Nika
Sep 9, 2006, 10:15 AM
ํYes , I can confirm for you becaz I max Hu and Fo already. Max class level = 10

Nuke
Sep 9, 2006, 10:23 AM
Is it that easy to max out your class levels?

loblin
Sep 9, 2006, 11:02 AM
But it's 20 online, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chaobo99
Sep 9, 2006, 11:47 AM
I think its 50 online....then SEGA will magically raise it with the push of a button when lots of people are leveling faster then they thought

Yuji Naka: OMG! They're leveling faster then we thought
Us: Damn right we are!!!
Some guy: I like Pie...
Us: ENOUGH WITH THE PIE!!!
Yugi Naka: Fine, I will now push this button
(lvl lowers to 20)
Yuji Naka: Wait, this one!
(raises level cap to 300)

Tystys
Sep 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
I hope you're right. I really hate the fact that the level cap is only 50, especially considering PSO was like 200.

Chaobo99
Sep 9, 2006, 11:51 AM
They'll raise every once in awhile, but maybe you need 1000 EXP to be lvl 2....And I saw the movies..A huge monster gave 4 EXP....

Tystys
Sep 9, 2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah....in a sense....I hope so, O_O

Wubbie
Sep 9, 2006, 11:59 AM
The level cap for CHARACTER Level is 50 as of now...

The level cap for Job Levels will be 20 on Network Mode.

Chaobo99
Sep 9, 2006, 12:02 PM
so...you can ahve 2 lvl 20s Example: Force and Ranger both Lvl 20 and a hunter at 10 (-_-;)

MrPOW
Sep 9, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-09-09 09:47, Chaobo99 wrote:
I think its 50 online....then SEGA will magically raise it with the push of a button when lots of people are leveling faster then they thought

I'm talking about class level caps...not the character level cap. When you say 50 you're talking about your character's level, right?

I'm getting pretty close to beating the Hive on Extra Mode; I'm level 65. I've seen it mentioned before that mission difficulties (C, B, A, and S) would replace the old PSO difficulties (Normal, Hard, ect.). Starting out in Extra Mode it doesn't give you the option to choose a difficulty for missions. Has anyone else cleared the last area in Extra Mode? I'm hoping that perhaps in addition to opening up new mission diffuculties, clearing the last area might raise the class level cap... I'll post if it does.

Chaobo99
Sep 9, 2006, 12:09 PM
You can be LVL. 65 offline.?

MrPOW
Sep 9, 2006, 12:13 PM
On 2006-09-09 10:02, Chaobo99 wrote:
so...you can ahve 2 lvl 20s Example: Force and Ranger both Lvl 20 and a hunter at 10 (-_-;)

No.
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Classes

And I assume you can be at least level 100 offline. As fast as you level I'm hoping you can get to 200.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrPOW on 2006-09-09 10:13 ]</font>

Nilot
Sep 9, 2006, 12:38 PM
Once they add new missions, and probably new areas, they'll probably be more difficult, and boosting the level cap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif The lvl 50 cap is probably another test theyre running, to make sure their system is working (not including connectivity!) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 01:41 PM
What is the diff. between character lvl and class lvl?

DarkShadowX
Sep 9, 2006, 01:49 PM
Mainly Character lvls affect your Base Stats, while Class lvls do 2 things.

Firstly, your stats will increase, particularly those that are important for your Class. Hunters, for example, will get more HP and ATP than the other classes.

Secondly, when reaching certain Class Levels you may 'Rank Up' - that is to say, your proficiency with certain weapon types will increase, allowing you to use more powerful weapons. For example, you may level up your Hunter Class and upon reaching a certain Class Level for Hunters, your proficiency with Sabers may rise from C to B, allowing you to use B-Rank Sabers.

If you should change your class, the stat boosts you got from the class will be removed I believe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-09-09 11:50 ]</font>

Zabrio
Sep 9, 2006, 02:07 PM
i hope it does not if it stay s the same then you would be able to make up for the loss of the mag stat boost

Nedeti
Sep 9, 2006, 02:19 PM
i am currently Lv60 offline

Fironial
Sep 9, 2006, 03:02 PM
The max level for online mode is level 100 (it's just capped at 50), and leveling is slower in general than offline mode.

Job level max is 20, as previously stated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fironial on 2006-09-09 13:03 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Sep 9, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-09-09 09:47, Chaobo99 wrote:

Yuji Naka: OMG! They're leveling faster then we thought
Us: Damn right we are!!!
Some guy: I like Pie...
Us: ENOUGH WITH THE PIE!!!
Yugi Naka: Fine, I will now push this button
(lvl lowers to 20)
Yuji Naka: Wait, this one!
(raises level cap to 300)

>_>; I can't help it if I like pie D:
But that sounds like the general response to situations like that. xD
It was like a summary of PSO Dreamcast, with the expansion of levels and random people proclaiming love of pie.
mmm..pie..

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 9, 2006, 06:06 PM
Um... Yuji Naka's not with Sega anymore...

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-09-09 11:49, DarkShadowX wrote:
Mainly Character lvls affect your Base Stats, while Class lvls do 2 things.

Firstly, your stats will increase, particularly those that are important for your Class. Hunters, for example, will get more HP and ATP than the other classes.

Secondly, when reaching certain Class Levels you may 'Rank Up' - that is to say, your proficiency with certain weapon types will increase, allowing you to use more powerful weapons. For example, you may level up your Hunter Class and upon reaching a certain Class Level for Hunters, your proficiency with Sabers may rise from C to B, allowing you to use B-Rank Sabers.

If you should change your class, the stat boosts you got from the class will be removed I believe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-09-09 11:50 ]</font>

Ty you cleared everything up for me, i really like this system from the sounds of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Chaobo99
Sep 9, 2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah..its always pie..its usually nothing else...It always has to be.. "I like pie....*burp*"

Nika
Sep 9, 2006, 10:31 PM
I can give you a conclusion for offline mode(extra)
LV max 100
LV class 10

DreamTonight
Sep 10, 2006, 08:05 AM
And where can I find this type select counter to change my class?

A2K
Sep 10, 2006, 08:16 AM
On the fifth floor of Clyez City, Guardian's Colony, there is a counter where you can change your type. There should be a receptionist in front of you when you enter the floor: the class changer is behind her on the other side of that counter.

In any case, I don't really see what the big deal is about the Extra Mode cap being 10. In both offline modes you have S ranks in pretty much everything relevant to the type you've selected as it stands...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-10 06:19 ]</font>

DreamTonight
Sep 10, 2006, 08:52 AM
On 2006-09-10 06:16, A2K wrote:
On the fifth floor of Clyez City, Guardian's Colony, there is a counter where you can change your type. There should be a receptionist in front of you when you enter the floor: the class changer is behind her on the other side of that counter.

In any case, I don't really see what the big deal is about the Extra Mode cap being 10. In both offline modes you have S ranks in pretty much everything relevant to the type you've selected as it stands...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-10 06:19 ]</font>

thanks man! I need as much help as possible in this game and so it makes more fun when I know what I do lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif