PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Sleet_v2
Sep 9, 2006, 12:29 PM
I am trying to decide to go Splurge on an Xbox 360 or to just get a PS2... I need a DVD player, and either of them will work, I dont play many games but I LOVE online games.. Does the Xbox 360 online service make it worth it? I want to play this PSU game with my little brother back home in order to keep in touch better, and he def cant get a 360, only a PS2.. I love Guitar Hero, and I dont see that out for 360.. but I dont see a point in buying an old System..so why should I buy a 360 is the main ordeal here ..

just a compliation of thoughts if anyone could help me out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 12:37 PM
well if you want to play with your brother and he cant get a 360 you have to geta ps2 ><

-Crokar-
Sep 9, 2006, 12:48 PM
id say family comes first. im not a big fan of ps2's online. xbox360's online is amazing with all the content downloads, but family is more important than anything

Sleet_v2
Sep 9, 2006, 12:49 PM
Keep in mind my brother is 11... and I havent even told him I want him to play PSU yet

Garroway
Sep 9, 2006, 12:53 PM
I agree, just get a PS2 for now and get the 360 later. Sony expects the PS2 to linger on for 5 more years or so, so you don't have to worry about not finding new content. Then when the price for the 360 drops you can buy that. Right now I find myself buying more PS2 games anyways even though I have both. I don't know what your game preferances are but if you're like me you'll stare dissapointedly at a rack of sports games and first person shooters every time you go looking for a new game with the 360. Without the PS2 to fall back on I'd be pretty screwed.

Raba
Sep 9, 2006, 12:56 PM
Just get the PS2 then. The 360's online is overhyped anyways. And for a good while to come still you will be getting a finely polished machine in the PS2 where as say, my 360 delights in overheating within 5 minutes of starting in a well ventilated area. And then you play games such as BF 2 on it and are constantly disconnected due to EA's horrible servers. Its really not worth the even smaller sum than the PS3 will be asking. The 360 will just be a lot of headaches for you in the long-run.

-Crokar-
Sep 9, 2006, 12:57 PM
well you have to see that the ps2 has been out for a long time while the 360 has not even been out a year. so there are alot more ps2 games to choose from. but i dont play my ps2 anymore. i will when ffxii drops but until then im on the 360 for it is more to my liking.

and ive had my 360 since launch day and use it in a non ventilated area and it has never overheated, froze, or mess up in any way

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-09-09 10:59 ]</font>

Miphesto
Sep 9, 2006, 12:58 PM
360 hands down best choice....u wont be playin wit ur brother anyways...because one of you is gonna be better and higher lvl than the other...so it wont matter

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 01:02 PM
Well do you plan to play any games on the 360? Cause to fork ove rliek $500 bucks to play 1 game is insane but the 360 is way better than the ps2 hands down. The ps2 controller sucks,grpahics sucks, i hate the online...i just really dislike the ps2 lol.

Sleet_v2
Sep 9, 2006, 01:05 PM
Thats the thing I dont know any good games for Xbox 360 or what they are like...

Kers
Sep 9, 2006, 01:06 PM
The plan to seperate the 360 server hasn't been finalized yet, right? So, as long as you have the window of opportunity, I'd wait until an official word or the day before launch to commit yourself to a console.

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 01:22 PM
Do you have a pc? If you have a good one you can just play psu on that and not buy a whole console for psu.

Z-man
Sep 9, 2006, 01:33 PM
Definitely get an Xbox 360. I haven't had this much fun with a console since the Dreamcast. The online play and integration is superb. There are a ton of free downloadables-- demos, game videos, etc. and the achievements system is pretty nifty as well. As for games, aside from PSU (Xbox 360 will be the best looking version of the three), there's Dead Rising, Saints Row, Dead or Alive 4, Chromehounds and a ton more, not to mention everything slated to come out this Fall and Winter.

Sleet_v2
Sep 9, 2006, 01:33 PM
I own a Mac http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 01:35 PM
There are a ton of great games coming out for the 360 but my favorite is , Mass Effect its a rpg that will own all!!!

McLaughlin
Sep 9, 2006, 01:46 PM
Mass Effect is looking sweet. Other Notable games would be Chrome Hounds, Gears of War, Halo3 (if you like Halo), Oblivion, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Enchanted Arms (What? It's a good game), and several others slated for this fall/winter and early '07.

Plus more Sports games than you can shake a stick at.

Sleet_v2
Sep 9, 2006, 01:58 PM
I dont like Sports game.. I am almost pure RPG sometimes FPS...

Dynheart
Sep 9, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-09-09 11:02, Kindaichi wrote:
The ps2 controller sucks,grpahics sucks, i hate the online...i just really dislike the ps2 lol.

To my understanding all 3 platforms will sport the same graphics. You know, same meshes, same textures, same lighting effects.

Only reason PC, and the 360 look better is because of resolution, not because of better "graphics".

Unless they do a whole engine/graphic rehaul for the 360 version. This whole one platform has better graphics than the other argument is pretty pointless.

Just my 2Mesetas worth

Dynheart
Sep 9, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-09-09 12:08, Dynheart wrote:

On 2006-09-09 11:02, Kindaichi wrote:
The ps2 controller sucks,grpahics sucks, i hate the online...i just really dislike the ps2 lol.

To my understanding all 3 platforms will sport the same graphics. You know, same meshes, same textures, same lighting effects.

Only reason PC, and the 360 look better is because of resolution, not because of better "graphics".

Unless they do a whole engine/graphic rehaul for the 360 version. This whole one platform has better graphics than the other argument is pretty pointless.
(this is all related to PSU)

Just my 2Mesetas worth

Garroway
Sep 9, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-09-09 11:58, Sleet_v2 wrote:
I dont like Sports game.. I am almost pure RPG sometimes FPS...

You wont see a lot of RPGs for the xbox or the xbox 360 . It sucks, but most of the developers that do RPGs are Japanese and they just don't like working with American companies. I don't want to sound like I'm 360 bashing because I own a 360. I'll probably be playing PSU on my 360. Overall I believe that microsoft did an outstanding job on the consol. It's noisy and it tends to run a little hot, but other than that I don't have any problems with the consol itself. There just isn't a large game selection that caters to me.

Z-man
Sep 9, 2006, 02:28 PM

No. The 360 version will, in addition to being in high-res, be widescreen, have a higher frame rate and have some extra effects (motion blur, etc.).

So, while the basic look of the game is the same, the 360 will be the sharpest and cleanest of them all. And believe me, once you've played in high-res widescreen, it's very, very difficult to go back.

Dynheart
Sep 9, 2006, 02:47 PM
[/quote]

So, while the basic look of the game is the same, the 360 will be the sharpest and cleanest of them all. And believe me, once you've played in high-res widescreen, it's very, very difficult to go back.

[/quote]

I'll give you that it will look cleaner than the PS2, but not a high end PC. If anything a PC will sport higher resolution (if your PC can handle it).

As for added effects over the other the PS2, and PC versions. I can not find any info on that. I have read several reviews/previews of all version on many diffrent sites, and I never read anything about added effects. They all say it's a port. If anything 60% of the reviews/previews are disappointed that the game looks "dated", as the put it.

Please show me a link please, I'm curious.

Miphesto
Sep 9, 2006, 03:04 PM
i have spent 1500$ on a new PC for computer games in the past....i consider 400, it's FOUR hundred, not FIVE....cheap