PDA

View Full Version : Remember When Renvolt came to the Forum LOL

Fleece
Sep 9, 2006, 04:20 PM
We should email him some Magashi Renvolt clips when the US version is out. I assume the admins didnt delete his account info and still have his email.

zandra117
Sep 9, 2006, 04:31 PM
His website is http://www.briansommer.com/

Fleece
Sep 9, 2006, 04:42 PM
Cool, I couldnt remember his last name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

We should make a community zip file of clips for him or something, as a thanks for seeking us out and talking to us.

princejake2
Sep 9, 2006, 07:06 PM
Could someone explain?

Kupi
Sep 9, 2006, 07:11 PM
Brian Sommer, the voice actor for Magashi (the offline story's main villain, so far as someone who's avoided the spoiler threads can tell you), registered an account at this site to ask for some information on the game. When asked why he came to PSOW, he explained that it's far easier to get information about a product from the fans than from the company... I forget what exactly he was asking about, though.

VioletSkye
Sep 9, 2006, 07:12 PM
Brian Sommer (who did the voice work for the English version of Magashi) stopped by the PSOW forums awhile back looking for a clip of the English version that featured Magashi speaking.

Ryna
Sep 9, 2006, 07:13 PM
On 2006-09-09 17:06, princejake2 wrote:
Could someone explain?

Look at this thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=112687&forum=20

Sessilu
Sep 9, 2006, 07:54 PM
No freakin' way xD
That was amazing O_O;;

He was right though, better hear the fans then game producers themselves sometimes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Emrald
Sep 9, 2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah...I listened to his demo...some pretty sweet stuff

Fleece
Sep 9, 2006, 08:17 PM
So we gonna stick a sample pack together for him when its out? Ill do it if noone else wants to.

Ryna
Sep 9, 2006, 08:20 PM
If someone is willing to compile the videos, it would be fairly easy to send him the compilation.

Emrald
Sep 9, 2006, 08:21 PM
I'd love to see that stuff to people >_>

RoninJoku
Sep 9, 2006, 08:36 PM
On 2006-09-09 18:17, Fleece wrote:
So we gonna stick a sample pack together for him when its out? Ill do it if noone else wants to.

That would be a cool idea! I'm sure he would really appreciate it too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Alisha
Sep 9, 2006, 09:17 PM
wow that thread was excellent cant believe i missed it. i was probally engrossed in ToAU at that time. do we know any of the other voice actors yet?

Calibur
Sep 9, 2006, 09:19 PM
Well, it seems like hes still comes frequently...

Brian PSOW Profile (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=BrianSommer)

Kyuu
Sep 9, 2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, looks like he logs on and reads, but doesn't post. Hey there Brian! Say something! =P

DamonKatu
Sep 9, 2006, 09:36 PM
Hay, he is a popular, busy guy. I bet he's tring to finish his projects, exspecially casting his voice for the evil Cast. Everyone has a life you know n.n

BrianSommer
Sep 9, 2006, 10:07 PM
Hmmmm, let's see....what is that old adage....ahhh yes!...."Speak of the Devil and the Devil appears!"

Hello Everyone, its nice to be chatting with you agin. Fleece, it was very kind of you to "wax nostalgic" and remember my last visit to the boards. It has been awhile indeed. I do check in every few weeks just to see if there is any news regarding the release (sadly, it appears there is still nothing solid). But it looks as thou you folks are keeping busy chatting about the game and all that entails.

I hope the wait will be over soon for you. A dedicated group like you deserves the pay off.

All my best

Brian

Nuclearranger
Sep 9, 2006, 10:15 PM
We have pmed a bit lol

Ryna
Sep 9, 2006, 10:20 PM
On 2006-09-09 20:07, BrianSommer wrote:
I do check in every few weeks just to see if there is any news regarding the release (sadly, it appears there is still nothing solid). But it looks as thou you folks are keeping busy chat

In case you didn't know, the official release date for the United State is October 24th. Also, the official English website has been opened:
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/

Thanks for visiting. We look forward to hearing your voice in the game!

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 10:33 PM
Hey Brian....It's so cool that you visit these forums http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kyuu
Sep 9, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-09-09 20:07, BrianSommer wrote:

Hmmmm, let's see....what is that old adage....ahhh yes!...."Speak of the Devil and the Devil appears!"

Hello Everyone, its nice to be chatting with you agin. Fleece, it was very kind of you to "wax nostalgic" and remember my last visit to the boards. It has been awhile indeed. I do check in every few weeks just to see if there is any news regarding the release (sadly, it appears there is still nothing solid). But it looks as thou you folks are keeping busy chatting about the game and all that entails.

I hope the wait will be over soon for you. A dedicated group like you deserves the pay off.

All my best

Brian
I knew you were there. =P

And yeah, the NA release is the 24th of October, so we're all eagerly awaiting that date. Can't wait to hear your performance; all that I've heard so far in trailers and clips is top-notch.

BrianSommer
Sep 10, 2006, 12:16 AM
Ryna and Kyuu, thanks for the release date info. Its not all that far away is it??!! I had no idea that the US website had launched, I iwll take a look at it soon.

Damonkatu, your right, I have been plenty busy with other projects, but I always find time to check in with the games that have been recorded just to see what folks think. I hope you will all enjoy this one.

And to the rest of you, thanks for the comments.

All my best

Brian

Fleece
Sep 10, 2006, 08:17 AM
w00t Return of brian FTW, You changed your mind yet about getting the game and playing online?

Emrald
Sep 10, 2006, 08:19 AM
Dear Brian,

You rock for being in PSU....I don't have any questions....

Your new fan,

Coolcat33333

Sessilu
Sep 10, 2006, 08:26 AM
Lol, cool.

I do wonder though, how come any of the staff, namely Mr. Sommer here, is not given details about any release date or websites for the game he voiced-over O.o?

They should at least tell him something right?

And as everyone above, I pretty much want to hear all the voice-overs, though I haven't really seen any trailer with Mr Sommer's voice in it, anyone care to lay a PM or so? I wanna hear it xD, so far, I like ethan's as well.
Must've been a blast doing maniac-ish laughs xD

Fleece
Sep 10, 2006, 08:49 AM
No they employ him to dub a character, its the companies personal choice to tell him or not.

But the fact is he dubbed it like last year and remember how the release dates went all over the place?

RoninJoku
Sep 10, 2006, 08:59 AM
On 2006-09-10 06:26, Sessilu wrote:
Lol, cool.

I do wonder though, how come any of the staff, namely Mr. Sommer here, is not given details about any release date or websites for the game he voiced-over O.o?

They should at least tell him something right?

And as everyone above, I pretty much want to hear all the voice-overs, though I haven't really seen any trailer with Mr Sommer's voice in it, anyone care to lay a PM or so? I wanna hear it xD, so far, I like ethan's as well.
Must've been a blast doing maniac-ish laughs xD

Yea, what Fleece said... Basically he's under NDA like everyone else involved (is he under NDA? I assume he is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

As for trailers, there was one where he spoke for a moment... But it was almost totally drown out by other noise... If you want to hear his other stuff though, I suggest checking out his site. There are sample clips of stuff he's lended his voice to.

BrianSommer
Sep 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
You are all absolutely correct. I am just an 'independant contractor" for the game. Once my job is completed, that is the extent of my contact with the company. There are alot of talented folks responsible for bringing you this game (directors, artists, composers, etc). Most of those work directly for Sega, while I just hop from project to project doing my thing.

Rurounijoku, you are also correct about the NDA (non-disclosure agreement). That mostly has to do with the storyline and character information. I am under contract not to disclose any specific information about the scenes or the story. That kind of information I would have picked up during the recording sessions.

My last visit I was able to answer some GENERAL questions, but as you know, the SPECIFIC stuff is off-limits. But the good news is, it looks like you wont be waiting much longer to find out everything you want to know for yourself.!

I did take a look at the US webstite, and it doesn't look like they have posted any of the trailers yet. And, strangley enough, they are listing the Japanese voice actors names with the characters ? (hmm?)

But the game is nearly here, so ENJOY

Brian

watashiwa
Sep 10, 2006, 11:10 AM
On 2006-09-10 09:04, BrianSommer wrote:
I did take a look at the US webstite, and it doesn't look like they have posted any of the trailers yet. And, strangley enough, they are listing the Japanese voice actors names with the characters ? (hmm?)

The person who is in charge of the website development probably just quick translated the info about the characters from the JP one... they'll probably update it. I don't think they'd have paid you guys to do voice over work for nothing..

Tystys
Sep 10, 2006, 11:12 AM
I don't think this was really asked in the last thread....but if it was, well answer it again if you will XD.

Are you much of a gamer yourself, Brian? It'd rock seeing your avatar just pop up and group up with a bunch of regular gamers, hehe

watashiwa
Sep 10, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-09-10 09:12, Tystys wrote:
Are you much of a gamer yourself, Brian? It'd rock seeing your avatar just pop up and group up with a bunch of regular gamers, hehe

He answered this already..

****Thus far I have not seen (nor heard) a video with the English voice for Renvolt. BTW, do you plan on playing the game also lol. ******

Ok, here it comes.....Iam actually not much of a gamer. (you may begin throwing rotten tomatoes and cabbage now). Its not that I dont enjoy it, its just that Ive never really sat down and tried it. So shame on me.

Emrald
Thank you for taking the game project and making it so we have something cool to listen to with a character...I listend to your Demo last night and you are very tallented and funny if I do say so myself

Your newest fan,

Coolcat33333

Emrald
On 2006-09-10 09:12, Tystys wrote:
I don't think this was really asked in the last thread....but if it was, well answer it again if you will XD.

SOrry double post but I must anwser

he did anwser that in the other thread and he said he wasn't much of one...shame on him shame on him lol

Tystys
Sep 10, 2006, 11:24 AM
Well, he needs to try it now on PSU! lol.

I love how he goes from totally kick ass Android sounding dude, to Peter Cotton Tail.

That's variety, my freinds! lmao.

CherryLunar
Sep 10, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-09-10 06:17, Fleece wrote:
w00t Return of brian FTW, You changed your mind yet about getting the game and playing online?

Haha! You could actually say that you got to play with Magashi if he does. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BrianSommer
Sep 10, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-09-10 09:17, coolcat33333 wrote:
Thank you for taking the game project and making it so we have something cool to listen to with a character...I listend to your Demo last night and you are very tallented and funny if I do say so myself

Your newest fan,

Coolcat33333

That is very kind of you to say. Thanks. I hope the game turns out to be everything you had hoped it to be.

Brian

BrianSommer
Sep 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
On 2006-09-10 09:24, Tystys wrote:

I love how he goes from totally kick ass Android sounding dude, to Peter Cotton Tail.

In the "biz" it's called "range". Which is something I hope I have achieved. If one actor can play many different characters with a wide range across the vocal/character spectrum, then they are more versital. And (hopefully) more employable! By the way, that Peter Cotton tail spot is one of my silly favorites. Of course it was quite a departure from my normal nasty villains.

Brian

xenokai
Sep 10, 2006, 12:47 PM
Id be happy to make him some video's (OMG it's me that dial up guy =/) But what exactly does he want? Just English trailer where Renvolt is talking?

Fleece
Sep 10, 2006, 01:27 PM
Lol Xeno When the game is out ill make some short clips and audio clips and mail them to him. Don't worry.

Expect them around the beginning of november Brian.

Tystys
Sep 10, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:44, BrianSommer wrote:

On 2006-09-10 09:24, Tystys wrote:

In the "biz" it's called "range". Which is something I hope I have achieved. If one actor can play many different characters with a wide range across the vocal/character spectrum, then they are more versital. And (hopefully) more employable! By the way, that Peter Cotton tail spot is one of my silly favorites. Of course it was quite a departure from my normal nasty villains.

Brian

Yes, you did quite a good job on it, XD