PDA

View Full Version : Further Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban Details

Ether
Sep 9, 2006, 05:36 PM
With Newtype's scoop out in Japan this weekend the floodgates of inquiry on the 4 new Evangelion movies have apparently opened wide. While the Newtype information is new to general public, like most print magazines the material was most likely put together several weeks to a month in advance of publication. In that time new things with story have happened and Sankei Shimbun has interesting new information on the project already. First off they mention the original 3 Eva films made 4.5 billion Yen in total at the Japanese boxoffice. The manga published by Kadokawa Shoten has exceeded 15 million copies sold over the existing 10 volumes. Videos and DVD's sold exceed 4.5 million copies and about 30 billion Yen. Total goods sales exceeds 100 billion Yen. While the overall project is being called "Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban" as mentioned in Newtype, the individual films are being titled "REBUILD OF EVANGELION". The First Volume, REBUILD OF EVANGELION:01 is due out in early summer 2007 it will have an estimated running time of 90 minutes. The Second Part, REBUILD OF EVANGELION:02 is expected in January 2008, also with a running time of 90 minutes. The Latter Part + Last Program of the series, REBUILD OF EVANGELION:03-04 are expected in early summer (possibly June) of 2008, they will have an estimated length of 45 minutes each. Additionally, ANS has learned the 3rd part (Latter Part) (which corresponds to the events of the movies and episodes 25 and 26 of the TV series) and the 4th "Last Program" will be mostly new stories and material. Parts 1-3 will use some key animation sequences from the original TV series, with new backgrounds (settings) and music. Shinji Higuchi is confirmed on the project and has already completed a new story board for the 1st film. A good deal of 3DCG animation will be implemented. The total economic effect of the 4 new Evangelion films is estimated at around 100 billion Yen or more.

Soinkus
Sep 9, 2006, 06:00 PM
Pickup Line #643

"Does this rag smell like ether to you?"

It's worked on me.

Woke up in some dudez house.

Solstis
Sep 9, 2006, 06:18 PM
Now see, this here is why

I'm not sure.

Ether
Sep 9, 2006, 09:36 PM
Wow. I can almost smell the milking of Evangelion. Seriously, it's becoming like Star Wars. They keep releasing the DVD's over and over again and now the want to do more projects. I wish Hideki Anno would do something different like when he did Ebichu.

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
I'm really ambivalent about this - my inner fanboy is hyper-hyper-freaking out and leaping for joy at the very idea, but my jaded outer shell formed by 3 crappy star wars prequels and matrix : revolutions is afraid they're just milking it for all its worth, and that there's nothing really left to add after the stunningly phenomenal "End of Eva" (which if you STILL haven't seen... shame on you!!).

So, as I see it :

#1 pro - End of Evangelion was the best anime movie capping off the best anime series of all time
#1 con - End of Evangelion was the best anime movie capping off the best anime series of all time

Bottom line: I'm HELLA looking forward to them, gonna RUSH to see them all, but if they suck it'll be Star Wars all over again... (ie: ultimately a huuuuge mistake)

Niki
Sep 11, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-09-09 16:00, Soinkus wrote:
Pickup Line #643

"Does this rag smell like ether to you?"

It's worked on me.

Woke up in some dudez house.

Classic.