PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Difficulty, technics

mananas
Sep 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
I haven't got a clear picture of this but do you have to "train" your technics to go up to level 20 or can you just buy them like in PSO?

And is S-Rank really the equivalent to Very Hard? If people are already doing it and are less than level 50... well... that really sucks. Say it ain't so!!

Kyuu
Sep 9, 2006, 09:35 PM
Once you learn a particular technic (or PA, or BA), the only way to grow it beyond level 1 is through use.

Kindaichi
Sep 9, 2006, 10:51 PM
On 2006-09-09 19:34, mananas wrote:
And is S-Rank really the equivalent to Very Hard? If people are already doing it and are less than level 50... well... that really sucks. Say it ain't so!!

Ya this worries me also...I fear that they are dumbing this game down to much

Tetsuro
Sep 10, 2006, 12:17 AM
I don't think they will be dumbing down, I think Sega just wants people to be able to do S ranks so they will have more to do. Once the new content arrives I'm sure the new missions will increase in difficulty.

Kyuu
Sep 10, 2006, 02:19 AM
On 2006-09-09 19:34, mananas wrote:

. There are two different ranking systems. One is for when you're ranked on how well you and your party performed at the end of a mission. The other is a ranking of the difficulty of a mission. They both have C-, B-, A-, and S-ranks, which is why you might confuse them.

As far as I'm aware, only B-rank difficulty missions are available online currently. This is just what I've gathered from what I've read from those who are actually playing the game, though. I could be wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-10 00:23 ]</font>

Tycho
Sep 10, 2006, 02:21 AM
I imagine S-rank Linear Line will be quite a bit easier than S-rank [the last area].

Mewn
Sep 10, 2006, 03:36 AM
No, Kyuu. A-Rank is available as well, but very few people have the levels to 1) meet the requirements and 2) not get completely owned.