PDA

View Full Version : A question about Ps2 Psu.

Sessilu
Sep 10, 2006, 08:16 AM
Ok, after what I've heard about level caps, let me ask you guys something.

On Offline Extra Mode, Max Cap is Lv10 correct? If so, does this apply for the Ps2?

I'm not in a big mood to go buy loads of stuff, namely a new Pc Box, or however you call it <.<;, a graphic Card, and possibly another HDD, since mine has "stuff" I don't want to lose.

So what do I think, hell, I'll get it for the Ps2 for the offline's sake, and so I plan to, but I also don't see in the future me getting another memory card+network adaptor for the sake of some updates I must do Online V_V.

So, after that confusing explanation, my real questions stands, Will I need to go Online on the Ps2 to allow bigger cap levels when the EU version comes out or something? Cuz if so, Sega is making me waste my money for something "incomplete" so to say V_V.

Thanks for your answer (If any <.<;)

- Sess.

A2K
Sep 10, 2006, 08:17 AM
The PC and PS2 versions are identical in gameplay.

Sessilu
Sep 10, 2006, 08:22 AM
If so, I'm dead then <.<;
I mean, having to go Online just to get an extra cap for Extra mode or something O_o, not fair, don't you think?

Fleece
Sep 10, 2006, 08:33 AM
No, you buy the game you get offline single player mode, you get an online account you get Network mode as well. You shouldnt get the equivalent of network mode offline as an extra that'd be a bad idea for sega as theyd have to have everything unlocked from the get go such as rares etc. Extra Mode is just an add on for people to get a short glimpse of what network mode has in store for them.

Kind of like a teaser.

Sessilu
Sep 10, 2006, 08:40 AM
Ohhhhh! Now I get it, oh well, as long as I can play it, it's all good.

Oh and another question wich isn't part of this, yet I don't know if I can post it, but I'll put it in Spoiler tags so it'll be blackened out or something X_X

Is it possible to share an account between friends/family? Or must there be two seperate accounts?

A2K
Sep 10, 2006, 09:09 AM
Sure you can. Bear in mind, though, you can't actually go online with the same account info from two places at once. If you want to do that you'll need two separate subscriptions.

Sessilu
Sep 10, 2006, 04:38 PM
Ah, thank you very much! My friend also wants to play, and as most of you probaly know, he is eating pillows, waiting for the game. xD Poor dude...

Also, another question I have http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;, say I buy my copy of Psu, and he installs it his PC, will it work on mine? I'm afraid becase of the key on the manual I won't be able to play offline (Since he will buy it) but probably Online? I'm rooting for the Ps2 version as off now.

We plan, since we aren't rich and his computer totally pwns mine, he gets the PC and I get the Ps2, we both do ourselves a favour http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

And for the final question, I've read it somewhere, but I'm not sure, I WILL be able to play online both on my PC and Ps2 with the same account right? I know it is but, I'm just making sure.

Thank you all for your answers, you have my newbie gratitude <.<;
And my cookies! *Passes them to each of you*

DizzyDi
Sep 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
As A2K said before you can't play with one account at the same time but you will be able to play your account on the PS2 and later log onto a PC and play the same account.

AwakenSardis
Sep 10, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-09-10 14:38, Sessilu wrote:
My friend also wants to play, and as most of you probaly know, he is eating pillows, waiting for the game. xD Poor dude...

What does this mean? eating pillows?

Sessilu
Sep 10, 2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks DizzyDi, sometimes I just read to fast without understanding I suppose.

And Sardis, I meant it as he bites his pillow in agony of waiting the game, and I find him pretty much kickin' my pillow and such http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;;

Miphesto
Sep 10, 2006, 07:03 PM
ps2 psu is going to suck...it's 360 or nothin

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
Well let's see if it sucks since I AM PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW...

...still is awesome. The 360 or nothin? HA. Have fun with a seperate server and 1/8 the population. Good, you say? Less people is better, you say? I say, I play where my friends are and even though I have a 360 I am on the PS2 and PC servers. Go play Viva Pinata.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Number6 on 2006-09-10 17:10 ]</font>

Miphesto
Sep 10, 2006, 07:14 PM
1/8 my ass...recent polls have shows 360 will have a comparible population to the combined ps2, and PC user pop.

and yes, ps2 does suck. no matter what you say, when i think of ps2 i think of atari, and nintendo NES and coleco vision...POS outdated dinosaur machine

peenk
Sep 10, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-09-10 17:14, Miphesto wrote:
1/8 my ass...recent polls have shows 360 will have a comparible population to the combined ps2, and PC user pop.

And not that many of those 360ers will get PSU.
Unless there is a secret PSU remade into a mind blowing graphics FPS! Which is pretty much .... never.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 07:53 PM
It is outdated. I hate Sony. But PSU is awesome on it and will be a framey MESS on the 360, if you look at the reviewers who are playing it right now they say the same thing.

1/8 is about right. Bank on it. Don't believe me? We'll see when it comes out, genius.

Tetsuro
Sep 10, 2006, 07:58 PM
when i think of ps2 i think of atari, and nintendo NES and coleco vision
You mean the systems that defined over a decade of gaming? Please don't give PS2 that much credit. Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything wrong with PS2, but it will never be what those systems were (except maybe cleco vision)

PS 360 population is going to far from comparible to the PC/PS2 population.

Kers
Sep 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-09-10 17:53, Number6 wrote:
It is outdated. I hate Sony. But PSU is awesome on it and will be a framey MESS on the 360, if you look at the reviewers who are playing it right now they say the same thing.

1/8 is about right. Bank on it. Don't believe me? We'll see when it comes out, genius.

Oh, the hate! It burns my eyes.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 08:09 PM
I can simultaneously hate Sony and play PS2, ya know? =)

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
In fact I am dong it right now...

Ahhh, Sony you stink... I love you PSU.

STUPID HOUSE I stil can't get in you...

IhateUrHate
Sep 10, 2006, 09:19 PM
to Miphesto: haha the SONY ps2 reminds u of the NITENDO NES?! and i think ur also forgetting the PC version, which i will be playing on. And yes the PS2 MAY be outdated because it is being engulfed with all the next gen hype, but that doesnt mean that it sucks. BTW have funn with the
seperate severs. Dido to what peenk said.

srry kinda late >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IhateUrHate on 2006-09-10 19:20 ]</font>

Zeig123
Sep 10, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-09-10 18:18, Number6 wrote:
In fact I am dong it right now...

Ahhh, Sony you stink... I love you PSU.

aint that the truth...I hate sony but Im getting the PS2 version because my friend is getting the pc version ad my pc sucks....plus when ever I get a ps3 (prolly not for a while or never I will still be playing the ps2 version because I hate xbox and 360....plus i want to play with my friends and I lived through 5 years of bad PSO graphics so a change in graphics really wont bother me....end of story

Pure-chan
Sep 10, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-09-10 17:03, Miphesto wrote:

@XBLtroll:

I really like Xbox a lot. I think Live is a very well thought out online service. I'm sure a lot of gaming enthusiasts here would agree.

Sadly, none of this helps cover up you sounding like a jerk.

...Since when is wiping your ass on someone else's console a good look? Way to represent the exact stereotype that non-xbl gamers use to pigeonhole xbox fans as immature fanboys that are oblivious of anything else going on in the gaming world.

and yes, ps2 does suck. no matter what you say, when i think of ps2 i think of atari, and nintendo NES and coleco vision...POS outdated dinosaur machine

I don't know what sort of magic beans Peter Moore was slipping you, but the last published reports point to the XBL userbase at being at 2 million recorded subscribers. [1] ...and before you start in on how the report is from 2005; by MS's own estimate, 60% of 360 users have an Xbox Live subscription. [2]

The total amount of 360 users is listed as being in the vicinity of 5 million units. [3] Carry the one and... 60% of 5,000,000 = 3,000,000.

So go ahead and back out all of the XBL Silver subscribers that MS uses to pump up those numbers, then tell everyone how uber your community is. GG

To put it in perspective, WoW has roughly 7 million subscribers. By itself.[4]

Of course, if you don't want to look at it that way, you could always stack the Xbox360's 5 million person user base (3 million of whom are online) agains PS2. ...which has a user base of only 106.23 million shipped units. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox
[2] http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66092
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft
[5] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_2

PS: In all fairness, MS is planning on having around 6 mil subscribers by this time NEXT YEAR. (...just thought I'd through that out there since I do actually like the system and will probably end up buying one at some point). For the time being though, there's no comparing the population gap. Unless every single player on xbox360 rallies to outdo the non-XBL PSU community; the majority of PSU players will be split up between the 106 million PS2's and countless PC out on the market. In fact, even at a 10% user base being online, the PS2 more than triples XBL. -.-

One last interesting 360 Fact:

"Microsoft has sold 75,837 Xbox 360 units in Japan in 2006 so far, according to Enterbrain's data. Nintendo, meanwhile, has sold 77,124 GameCubes during the same period."

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/731/731951p1.html

Yeah...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-10 20:37 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 10, 2006, 10:53 PM
haha xbltroll is the best word ever

as for mephisto i'd blist you on the forums if i could.

Miphesto
Sep 10, 2006, 11:04 PM
i dont call me an immature fanboy, i'm older than you, and i get paid more than your parents do combined kid.

how many people do you people NEED to play with....if a MEER 5000 people played on XBL i'd be happy....and for the last time

WHY THE HELL DOES A HUGE POPULATION MATTER ANYWAYS??? all huge populations do are increase the rate of inflation, there is a 'sweet spot' a balance if you will, to how many people you actually want playing.

oh and btw....BLACKLIST ME IF YOU WANT....like i give a flying fuck what you people think about me....the only posts i do are negative ones to contradict someone elses bias toward a system, or something related to the game that isnt true...

if you dont like my posts....chances are, your misinformed, or you are wrong...u can shove all the 'facts' in my face that you want...but i been playing mmo's long enough to know how things are going to pan out.

360 will be the most enjoyable experience, i guarantee it, just so long as they dont put it in thier back pocket, which is a possibility....

Phalynx
Sep 10, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-09-10 21:04, Miphesto wrote:
i dont call me an immature fanboy, i'm older than you, and i get paid more than your parents do combined kid.

Sounds pretty immature to me, your making yourself look like an ass so you should probably stop talking now, kthx.

xenokai
Sep 10, 2006, 11:24 PM
360 is alot more known then xbox 1 was. It will have alot of people compared toe PSO episode 1&2 on xbox. Ill get the pc version prob if the server is split. but if its not ill go for the 360 version. Itls be the pc version pumped to max xD but if the server are seprate that just turns me away from the 360 version.

Phalynx
Sep 10, 2006, 11:31 PM
Im really hoping they are linked, id love to get it for pc but I dont wanna have to spend money on a controller for my pc, so most likely im going to play on the 360 either way.

Pure-chan
Sep 11, 2006, 12:32 AM
i dont call me an immature fanboy,

First off, I didn't. I said that your actions we're a spitting image of "the exact stereotype that non-xbl gamers use to pigeonhole xbox fans as immature fanboys that are oblivious of anything else going on in the gaming world".

i'm older than you, and i get paid more than your parents do combined kid.

What can I say? e-peen ftw? Your qualifying statements for maturity are iron-clad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

1) "I'm older than you..."

I'll have to check my calendar, but I'm pretty sure 1980 came before 1984.

2) "...i get paid more than your parents do combined"

More of that vaunted math that you decided to flaunt above? Do you have any valid points? So far this is like fending off Deep Blue ...if Deep Blue were designed to spout out logical fallacies instead of play chess.

Sadly, your "NO U!" arguement is falling on deaf ears ...since:

a) Whatever you earn fails to make you look less immature.

b) I haven't lived with my parents in about 8 years.

c) judging on your batting average for making correct statements so far, I doubt it. Sincerely.

...u can shove all the 'facts' in my face that you want...but i been playing mmo's long enough to know how things are going to pan out.

Truthiness ftw, huh? I like that in a troll - sort of an "ignorance is the best defense" approach...

Say... are you sure you aren't some sort of plant from Kaz Harai and Ken Kutaragi, sent to undermine the momentum of the Xbox360? You sound like you post with the sole purpose of perpetuating the stereotype of XBL users being foul-mouthed, oblivious jerk-offs. Just my $0.02 while you're busy not giving "a flying fuck". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

how many people do you people NEED to play with....if a MEER 5000 people played on XBL i'd be happy....and for the last time

WHY THE HELL DOES A HUGE POPULATION MATTER ANYWAYS??? all huge populations do are increase the rate of inflation, there is a 'sweet spot' a balance if you will, to how many people you actually want playing.

How about trying to win one side of an arguement, first? It matters since you made a statement about xbl while crapping on PS2. (see below)

recent polls have shows 360 will have a comparible population to the combined ps2, and PC user pop.

and yes, ps2 does suck.

Just stop. You look ridiculous. You're making Xbox fans look ridiculous.

If you don't want people to call you an immature fanboy, your best bet is to try not being one. -- And this is coming from a 360 fan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-11 00:23 ]</font>

Losodo1976
Sep 11, 2006, 01:00 AM
LoL! Nevermind that Miphesto... he's ALWAYS grumpy.

Population matters to me in online games so I'm going with the PC version. I was going to go with PS2 but scrapped the idea. Time for a new PC anyways...

And PS2 does not suck. Some the best games in the last 5+ years have been on PS2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TremorChrist
Sep 11, 2006, 02:44 AM
On 2006-09-10 21:31, Phalynx wrote:
Im really hoping they are linked, id love to get it for pc but I dont wanna have to spend money on a controller for my pc, so most likely im going to play on the 360 either way.

I suppose you have a wireless controller for the 360. There is supoose to be some device coming out later this year to allow you to use a wireless on the PC, but I haven't found a release date for it.

I have a wired controller and have used it on my PC before and it works great. I'd use it if I get the PC version.

Also, I don't think PSU should be called a MMO, since it's missing the "Massive" part of the acronym for the actual game part. It's more like Diablo II.

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 04:27 AM

Miphesto, this is the first post you made in this thread. Why did you even bring this up? It's off topic. Youre nothing but a grumpy troll who's getting his kicks out of causing a fuss on the forums. Even if you have to say that, why can't you say it in a way that doesn't look like an attack on the topic creator, like "You should consider the Xbox 360 version instead, I think it's better because etc etc."

Miphesto enjoys killing topics I think.

A2K
Sep 11, 2006, 06:02 AM
I suggest you all drop it, now. Honestly, is it that hard to ignore a troll?

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 06:14 AM
i'm older than you

I lol'd. Age = Maturity...

And A2K... It's a nice idea, but, it's like... Having a magnifying glass infront of an ant hill. You know you shouldn't, but, y'know...

... And others, well, just get off on fighting ;p

Mikedot
Sep 11, 2006, 06:36 AM
Once again, console wars make me lol.

Sessilu
Sep 11, 2006, 07:20 AM
Awww man, your fighting on my thread <.<;
C'mon guys, let it drop, it's just a guy who said his OFFTOPIC view on this topic V_V;

I think my questions were answerd, so, Moderators, if you please, lock this X_X;