PDA

View Full Version : looting options u would like best?

sulfate
Sep 10, 2006, 12:06 PM
i remember reading that now theres different looting options before going on a mission...i for one would love a group one, that way its always fair correct?

o and hi everyone!

DarkShadowX
Sep 10, 2006, 12:11 PM
The two ways are as follows:

1) You grab it it's yours

2) Randomly ditributed

I personally like the 2nd one, sure with that option if you pick up the rare it might not be yours, but I find it a little bit more fair that way IMO.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 12:14 PM
2 seems to work so far for me.

sulfate
Sep 10, 2006, 12:17 PM
i thought there was also a...group leader distributes it?

DarkShadowX
Sep 10, 2006, 12:18 PM
As far as I kno, no there isn't. The group leader chooses which option to use.

On 2006-09-10 10:18, Wubbie wrote:
You can set it differently for different Tiers and Rarity. For instances:

0-5 Stars = Grab it, it's yours...
6+ = Randomly Distributed..

Or at least, I remember hearing you can do that... If so, I'll have it setup like the above.

If you can do that, then yeah I'd have it like that as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-09-10 10:19 ]</font>

Wubbie
Sep 10, 2006, 12:18 PM

Or at least, I remember hearing you can do that... If so, I'll have it setup like the above.

Fleece
Sep 10, 2006, 12:19 PM
yeah but its still gutting if your in a random party and find a shit hot rare and are Like WOOOOOOOOOO YES FINNALLY!!!!!!

*rare goes to someone else*

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo ooooooooooooooooooooo *shakes fist*

DarkShadowX
Sep 10, 2006, 12:21 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:19, Fleece wrote:
yeah but its still gutting if your in a random party and find a shit hot rare and are Like WOOOOOOOOOO YES FINNALLY!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo ooooooooooooooooooooo *shakes fist*

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I won't be like that, at least for the first few times, after that I'd probably be used to it, unless its like some UBER 10+ star rare that I picked up and someone else gets it.

sulfate
Sep 10, 2006, 12:21 PM

i would think its fair...lol, i played wow for like a year and let me tell you this is a fair system lol

Wubbie
Sep 10, 2006, 12:28 PM
Well I'm sure if the other person had no use for it, they wouldn't mind helping out a party member... Most PSO(now PSU) players keep a pretty strong community...

CherryLunar
Sep 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:21, sulfate wrote:

i would think its fair...lol, i played wow for like a year and let me tell you this is a fair system lol

God I hope I don't run into any ninjas on PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

DarkShadowX
Sep 10, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:33, CherryLunar wrote:

On 2006-09-10 10:21, sulfate wrote:

God I hope I don't run into any ninjas on PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

*POOF* I am Ninja, fear my wrath!!!!

Anyways, while the community can be pretty strong, there will always be those few exceptions, that piss ppl off.

Wubbie
Sep 10, 2006, 12:36 PM
That's where the AMAZING Black-list comes into play... Poof, they can't join ANY of your parties, nor can they hear you speak =P.

DarkShadowX
Sep 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:36, Wubbie wrote:
That's where the AMAZING Black-list comes into play... Poof, they can't join ANY of your parties, nor can they hear you speak =P.

That would only give me a minute feeling of satisfaction, before I realize I still didn't get the rare....... lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

sulfate
Sep 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:36, Wubbie wrote:

and *Poof* they still ran off with that wanetd item......damn who invented ninjas!...jk

Pure-chan
Sep 10, 2006, 01:43 PM
I was lucky enough to make friends on DCv1 who joined me again on GC from launch forward. We're planning on more of the same for PSU, so for me the difference between option 1 and option 2 when hunting rares will pretty much be:

<option 1>: *Picks up rare* "...hey weren't you looking for this?"
<Teammate>: "Yeah thanks!"
<option 1>: *Gives* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and:

<option 2>: *Receives distributed rare* "...hey weren't you looking for this?"
<Teammate>: "Yeah thanks!"
<option 2>: *Gives* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mananas
Sep 10, 2006, 01:47 PM
I thought there was another option?

Wubbie
Sep 10, 2006, 01:55 PM
But it won't happen again, eh.

Diablohead
Sep 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
If you dont see the item hit the floor first I think its ok, you would never know if you got a rare or not, or does the item stay on the floor untill someone picks it up = randomly given out?

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 10, 2006, 02:06 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:11, DarkShadowX wrote:

2) Randomly ditributed

I personally like the 2nd one, sure with that option if you pick up the rare it might not be yours, but I find it a little bit more fair that way IMO.

wait, can you choose between distribution and first come first serve? I think its pretty cool.

sulfate
Sep 10, 2006, 02:46 PM
is there anyways to see what people have picked up?....how would u know i pick up this ultra rare item lol?

MoonSblaise
Sep 10, 2006, 03:48 PM
From what i heard there is a lil message majig that comes up when someone picks up a rare??? Correct me someone!

Miphesto
Sep 10, 2006, 07:04 PM
need before greed

Cross
Sep 10, 2006, 07:12 PM
I just wish that there was an option to equally distribute meseta, too. The item situation is much better than in PSO with Random distribution, but you still have to be a ninja when meseta drops. I've had missions where I lost money in the end because I didn't stay on top of snatching up meseta and the costs of refilling my weapons' PP ended up being more than I got in the end.

Miphesto
Sep 10, 2006, 07:16 PM
u know, i think that in this game, people will begin establishing loot rules in the beginning...and if theres something that they dont like, the game will be disbanded..i can see that happening...

of course you'll have your typical ninja every now and then that'll lie and cheat until they get what they want....but everyone knows they end up not getting any gear anyways

sulfate
Sep 10, 2006, 07:37 PM
you know i saw a vid earlier by someone on these message boards who posted some chapter walkthroughs....one thin i did notice on his "online" part was that he ran from the battle to break rocks to obviously get loot before everyopne else.

no offense to that guy but seriuosly i will die protecting my team mates before loot. lol

Authenticate
Sep 10, 2006, 07:52 PM
I'd rather just set everything to random and let luck decide who gets what. This way if I see a loot whore, I can just chuckle a bit and get on with playing. If someone wants the item a guy got, guess what? They can negotiate on a price with each other or just give it to him if he's nice enough. If I'm looking for items I'll most likely solo or duo with a friend anyway, so it's not even that big of a deal to me.

Natrokos
Sep 11, 2006, 03:04 AM
I hate the 'first to grab it gets it' system. Completely unfair for poor rangers.

Garroway
Sep 11, 2006, 03:19 AM
Is there a random number generator built into the social commands so if 2 people want something that drops you could "roll" for it so to speak?

Most games I play it's someones job to loot and then distribute evenly at the end of the party/mission. It know it's hard to get 6 people in any one place where none of them are assholes, but if you were able to it seems like having someone master loot would work best for even distribution.

Cross
Sep 11, 2006, 03:34 AM
On 2006-09-11 01:19, Garroway wrote:
Is there a random number generator built into the social commands so if 2 people want something that drops you could "roll" for it so to speak?

I haven't tried this myself, but from Unknown_PC's post in the FAQ thread:

Misc. Chat commands :
/party <- No info yet
/mail <- No info yet
/dice <- Rolls a 6-sided dice
/random <- Picks a random number from 0~1000
/card <- Draws a random card from a deck

Of course, there's no automatic system set up in place, so you'd still have to rely on whoever picked it up being selfless enough to give it up if they lost, but it's at least possible to set up a rolling system.

Kurenaii
Sep 11, 2006, 03:44 AM
I think it's a little better on how you can randomly distrubute depending on who your party leader is, then again. Finders keepers is a little more fair, ne~?

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 04:01 AM
I hate the 'first to grab it gets it' system. Completely unfair for poor rangers.

I agree completely! I spent over 1000 hours playing as a ranger in PSOGC and I got SCREWED for rares. The only decent rares I got were the ones I got when hunting with a chill group of people who give me the item if it's the item I called. I didn't get anywhere close to 1/4 of the random good drops, they'd usually get picked up by a hunter.

I hope there's a way to check which looting system is in use before joining the party, because I'm using a ranger in PSU and I don't want to get screwed for rares again. I refuse to play with a party that uses the unfair 1st come 1st serve system unless they're a trusted group of friends who can be relied on to distribute rares fairly.

The distribution system should be much better than the one in WoW because the item will never bind to the player who randomly gets it like some rares do in WoW, so if someone calls an item the person who gets it randomly will always be able to give it to the player who called it.

Some of you have said that it will be annoying to pick up a rare and have it distributed to another player, but this will be balanced out when other players pick up good rares and they get distributed to you.

It's not fair to be punished just for using a long range playstyle and anyone who disagrees is a jerk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-09-11 02:05 ]</font>

Kurenaii
Sep 11, 2006, 04:06 AM
On 2006-09-11 02:01, Phaze37 wrote:

I agree completely! I spent over 1000 hours playing as a ranger in PSOGC and I got SCREWED for rares. The only decent rares I got were the ones I got when hunting with a chill group of people who give me the item if it's the item I called. I didn't get anywhere close to 1/4 of the random good drops, they'd usually get picked up by a hunter.

I hope there's a way to check which looting system is in use before joining the party, because I'm using a ranger in PSU and I don't want to get screwed for rares again. I refuse to play with a party that uses the unfair 1st come 1st serve system unless they're a trusted group of friends who can be relied on to distribute rares fairly.

The distribution system should be much better than the one in WoW because the item will never bind to the player who randomly gets it like some rares do in WoW, so if someone calls an item the person who gets it randomly will always be able to give it to the player who called it.

It's not fair to be punished just for using a long range playstyle and anyone who disagrees is a jerk.

You have a point, actually. I played a ranger in PSO, and got screwed over everytime someone/something dropped/found a rare. I guess random distributation would be more fair.

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 04:13 AM
I changed someone's opinion! That makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside... No wait that's just the drugs kicking in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tekershee
Sep 11, 2006, 04:24 AM
To be honest, most people set all their items on random so its completely luck based,

You win some, you lose some.

I personally don't get affected if I find a rare or not, since most rares are just materials and you need to find a fair amount of them to actually make something good.

Since it's all random, I don't actually have to worry about picking stuff up so I can stay back and help the team by casting resta or luring enemies away.

sulfate
Sep 11, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-09-11 01:34, Cross wrote:

On 2006-09-11 01:19, Garroway wrote:

I haven't tried this myself, but from Unknown_PC's post in the FAQ thread:

Misc. Chat commands :
/party <- No info yet
/mail <- No info yet
/dice <- Rolls a 6-sided dice
/random <- Picks a random number from 0~1000
/card <- Draws a random card from a deck

Of course, there's no automatic system set up in place, so you'd still have to rely on whoever picked it up being selfless enough to give it up if they lost, but it's at least possible to set up a rolling system.

yes this will be awesome!....atleast u can set rules before starting the mission. lol i will probably be naming my missions..."/dice or die" or "need b4 greed".

Phoenix_Black
Sep 11, 2006, 03:59 PM
There's a modified random that distributes items equally depending on star value.

Btw, do rare materials appear often? I would hope so. I wanna make that one, double saber!

sulfate
Sep 11, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-09-11 13:59, Phoenix_Black wrote:
There's a modified random that distributes items equally depending on star value.

Btw, do rare materials appear often? I would hope so. I wanna make that one, double saber!

oh so that means i can set the star value to whatever i want? meaning if i want the star value to be 1 star...anything thats 1 star will be randomly distrubited?

Phoenix_Black
Sep 11, 2006, 04:36 PM
No, say someone picks up a 10 star, others will pick up rares before the person who picked the 10 star wil, again, because he currently has the highest rare. The game evens up the odds.

Sevenfold
Sep 11, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:18, Wubbie wrote:

Is there also an option to switch that around? Or...vice-versa if you will?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sevenfold on 2006-09-11 16:09 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 12, 2006, 01:07 AM
I remember reading somewhere that rare acquisition (who got what) is announed to all players in the mission. Is this true, and are there options to set it? I hope to have that announcement thing...if I pick up a rare that I won't use, someone can remind me to give it to them. Or if it's rare material, it makes it easier to ask a more experienced Guardian what it does.

sulfate
Sep 12, 2006, 01:09 AM
yah i read the samething but were?

Zarbolord
Sep 12, 2006, 01:15 AM
I wonder... If like, half of the characters in the team (which makes 3) have thatrare already, will they not be taken in consideration for the randomly given option? I mean, it's only fair if those who don't have it get it. But yeah, as long as I find a good wand or staff.

Haze2in1
Oct 9, 2006, 09:37 PM
With the randomly distributed option, there are times when you might have a max amount of an item you are getting. On the screen it will say <player> skips <item>.
So what happens to the item, is it lost?, cause I dont see anybody else getting it?
Does anyone know?

RamenEater
Oct 9, 2006, 09:41 PM
There arent any items where you pick it up and then you arent able to give it away right? If there aren't any then i guess it wouldn't be a problem for some people since you can play with friends pretty easily on this game.

Trinitystar
Oct 9, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-09-10 10:11, DarkShadowX wrote:

2) Randomly ditributed

2 would work for me as well cuz if I ture around and see someone not fighting just picking up stuff im going to be to mad.

Vetto
Oct 9, 2006, 09:48 PM
I Vote a roll system >>;

Kyuu
Oct 9, 2006, 09:51 PM
On 2006-09-10 17:12, Cross wrote:

I just wish that there was an option to equally distribute meseta, too. The item situation is much better than in PSO with Random distribution, but you still have to be a ninja when meseta drops. I've had missions where I lost money in the end because I didn't stay on top of snatching up meseta and the costs of refilling my weapons' PP ended up being more than I got in the end.
Someone (I don't remember who) posted a video that proved that meseta is in fact randomly distributed along with the rest of the loot, if the looting is set to random distribution.

MattMattic
Oct 9, 2006, 10:00 PM
I say keep it old school, you grab it, it's yours

sulfate
Oct 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-10-09 20:00, MattMattic wrote:

u made me laugh...

Spellbinder
Oct 9, 2006, 10:06 PM
Rares: completely random
Non-rares: random distribution

Cheers~

Alexandrious1
Oct 9, 2006, 10:17 PM
Set everything to be on random.

I seen in plenty of vids people running off for the boxes when others were kept busy on mobs, setting everything to random eliminates that.

Nothing more I hate then noobs ninja-looting first then helping with the killin.

AquaFlare7
Oct 9, 2006, 10:19 PM

Good ideals to have until you play with a Ranger, who in turn gets absolutely nothing due to his distance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spork
Oct 10, 2006, 02:21 PM

Lolhunter stfu.

krika
Oct 10, 2006, 02:25 PM
Thank God that the old system is gone (atleast there is other options).

l3iohazard
Oct 10, 2006, 02:32 PM
believe it or not i think the runescape rare drop is the rarest the person who killed it (did the most damage) gets the drop it apears on the ground and is there for 60 secounds then it is free for all... i think that is the most fair

chewydawg
Oct 10, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-10-10 12:32, l3iohazard wrote:
believe it or not i think the runescape rare drop is the rarest the person who killed it (did the most damage) gets the drop it apears on the ground and is there for 60 secounds then it is free for all... i think that is the most fair

i totally agree. that means there is no slacking if you want it work for it i think this system would work the the best for all mmo's

ShurikenShino
Oct 10, 2006, 02:47 PM
Deffinatly evenly distributed IMO. A system like FF11 would be good where perhaps people could lot for the items aswell if some of the party already had that item or whatever.

krika
Oct 10, 2006, 03:00 PM

So if you got the crappiest gear in the group then you wont get any items? Even thou you are in most need of better items.

I think the random system is better.
Maybe a compromise between the systems. The loot will go random to the ones who done any damage to the enemy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-10-10 13:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-10-10 13:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-10-10 13:06 ]</font>

Phaze37
Oct 10, 2006, 04:03 PM

I'm guessing you never played as a ranger much? I hate to be the one to say this, but if you actually think that the 1st-come-1st-serve system is fair, you either haven't thought it through, or you are dumb. Give us a good reason as to why you think rangers should get less money and rares than other classes.

I disagree. Like Krika pointed out, this would give an unfair advantage to players who already have good equipment. The rich would get richer, and the poor would stay poor, much like north america's economy. Also, this fails to take into account the fact that different races and classes deal different amounts of damage. Support forces would get screwed by this sytem. If I were to play as a support force, why would I want to cast Shifta on you, increasing your damage and therefor reducing the chances of me getting any rare items? Rangers would also get screwed by this system as, if im not mistaken, they do the least damage of the 3 classes. You don't necessarily have to be dealing big damage to contribute to the party. In PSO, a good force was always very welcome in the party not because of the (weak) damage they dished out, but because of their ability to raise the damage that HUs and RAs dish out as well as reducing the damage taken from enemies.

Face it, there is only one fair option: random distribution. When I am the leader of the party, I will set money and items to be randomly distributed every time. Aside from being fair, random distribution also means that everyone can concentrate on fighting instead of having to worry about collecting enough meseta drops to cover your PP costs.

mechatra
Oct 10, 2006, 04:12 PM
I hate to say this

But meseta cannot be placed on random distrobution.
It's always first come first served.

Spork
Oct 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-10-10 12:44, chewydawg wrote:

i totally agree. that means there is no slacking if you want it work for it i think this system would work the the best for all mmo'sThis system is a good choice for you if you're a hunter who never wants to be buffed or healed.

Phaze37
Oct 10, 2006, 04:24 PM
On 2006-10-10 14:12, mechatra wrote:
I hate to say this

But meseta cannot be placed on random distrobution.
It's always first come first served.

Are you sure? I heard otherwise. I have a video on my computer right now that I found in a similiar topic to this one. I don't know how to share this video with you, so I'll just explain what it shows. The player who is recording the video has his menu open that shows his current meseta total, amongst other things. While this menu is open, another player runs around collecting various meseta drops on the floor. After picking up the 2nd or 3rd meseta drop, the player recording the video gets some meseta, even though he is standing there doing nothing except watching another player pick up items.

From what I can see in this video, the meseta isn't distributed evenly. It seems like the full meseta drop is given to one player instead of being divided up among the party. So if someone picks up 6 meseta, one player will get 6 meseta instead of everyone getting 1 meseta.

Perhaps meseta is set to 1st-come-1st-serve by default, and some players either don't know that you can set it to random or just choose not to? Unfortunately, I think 1st-come-1st serve will be a popular option, at least for meseta. This is one reason why I'm going to use a Hunter in PSU, I won't get screwed when the leader doesnt set distribution to random. And if my teammates whine about me taking the meseta and items, they can take it up with the team leader, 'cuz I'm not the one who set it to 1st-come-1st-serve.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-10-10 14:30 ]</font>