PDA

View Full Version : forgiving

Cry0
Sep 10, 2006, 01:14 PM
I just wanted to know if psu was a bit more forgiving then pso. I mean, in pso, if you took one mat wrong, you could never max, or if you gave your lv 180 mag one wrong item, you'd have to restart because it's stats weren't right. or you could never rename you s-rank.

stuff like that, is everything redoable? (like PA) or are there stuff you absolutely have to know in advance if you want to make a max stat char, or the best stats possible, anyway.

DarkShadowX
Sep 10, 2006, 01:18 PM
I think you have to know in advance how you raise your PM, since you only get 1 per char. As for the other stuff, well PAs can be relearned eventually, as for stat IDK.

Fleece
Sep 10, 2006, 01:35 PM
Meh just feed your PM everything you have its what ill be doing.

Diablohead
Sep 10, 2006, 02:11 PM
The one wrong mat in pso thing was quite forgivable, losing out on 1 str wasnt the end of the world, no one could see your stats anyway.

Only 1 PM worrys me a little bit, incase I somehow make the wrong type.

Conn89
Sep 10, 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm going to plan out my PM in advance for each of my characters. But everything else, I'll just go with what happens naturally.

Cry0
Sep 10, 2006, 04:18 PM
I'm just gonna focus on atp>ata>hp>def then. That's what i did for my hucast on pso, and that got me quite a long way.

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 04:58 AM
Your PM doesn't affect your characters stats, right? If not, what does it matter what it turns out to be?

Granted, I don't know much about PMs yet... Perhaps there's something I'm overlooking? Have PMs turned out to be more complicated than originally preceived? Someone willing to shed some light on the subject? I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about them.

Unknown_PC
Sep 11, 2006, 05:38 AM
On 2006-09-11 02:58, Miyoko wrote:
Your PM doesn't affect your characters stats, right? If not, what does it matter what it turns out to be?

Granted, I don't know much about PMs yet... Perhaps there's something I'm overlooking? Have PMs turned out to be more complicated than originally preceived? Someone willing to shed some light on the subject? I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about them.

PM doesn't affect character stats. The 4 bars represent its production levels, which in turn raises your chance of success when synthesizing items.

PMs' final form also gains bonus chance of success when crafting certain category of items.

GH 410 and 420 specializes in synthesizing melee weapons
GH 430 and 440 specializes in synthesizing ranged weapons
GH 450 specializes in synthesizing wand and staff

When raising PMs, definitely watch out for your Melee production level in the beginning, since it determines your evolution to GH 201 or 202

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 05:41 AM
I'm assuming, those with intent for casting go 202, those who're going to be strictly melee/ranged go 201?

... Sigh, the min/max freak in me is feeling a growing urge to research this non-stop for hours on end. ;- ;

Unknown_PC
Sep 11, 2006, 05:48 AM
On 2006-09-11 03:41, Miyoko wrote:
I'm assuming, those with intent for casting go 202, those who're going to be strictly melee/ranged go 201?

... Sigh, the min/max freak in me is feeling a growing urge to research this non-stop for hours on end. ;- ;

Pretty much.

GH201 eventually becomes GH 410, 420 or 430
GH202 becomes GH 430, 440 or 450

If you want 440 or 450 at the end and accidentally get melee production level 3+ before the first evolution, you pretty much have to remake...

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 05:54 AM
Thankfully, the first two characters I'm going to make are a pure ranger, and a hunter/ranger, so ... pow ftw? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've also got a lot of really close friends who're going to be getting the game. Chances are, if one of us screws up a PM, the other will have the same PM we were trying to go for anyway. I'm sure they'll synth for eachother if we provide materials and such.

A2K
Sep 11, 2006, 06:08 AM
If you'll "full" when it comes to Photon Arts or recipe board dealies for your PM, it gives you the option to overwrite now. I don't think there are "materials" per se in the game anymore...

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 06:17 AM
Ah, my mistake! I didn't mean materials like the PSO materials, I meant synthesizing ingredients! Sorry for the confusion x. x;