PDA

View Full Version : Different looks of weapons.

Ryoten
Sep 10, 2006, 05:15 PM
I was looking at some videos & I saw some different types of sabers. At first I thought they were Musashis but it was a form of saber. Can anyone tell me what level you need to be on to use them? & also I want to see some pics of different forms & types of weapons.

Shinjiro
Sep 10, 2006, 05:24 PM
Heres some other weapons if your wondering:(Kinda lower down in the page) http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=117985&forum=20&start=75
Heres some other good images of sabers, swords, etc.:
http://bbs.psupedia.org/psu/src/1156260986575.jpg

Hope that helps!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinjiro on 2006-09-10 15:24 ]</font>

Ryoten
Sep 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah that helped alot but are there different colors to the second saber selection? I just can wait till this game comes out!

Zeig123
Sep 10, 2006, 05:45 PM
yes the color depends on the type of photon art that is equiped to the weapon...I think

Shinjiro
Sep 10, 2006, 05:49 PM
There are a lot of colors for every weapon (for each weapon, you can choose from the same colors) the colors I've seen are green (starter color) and theres blue, red , yellow, and purple. Those are all of the colors I've seen, but I'm sure there are many other colors. Each color corresponds to an element like I believe blue is ice, so I bet it does more damage to fire type enemies, and so on and so forth. Hope that helps.

Ryoten
Sep 10, 2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah thats what I heard too. But the photon arts that many weapons have can be linked together with others right? Like if a complete a 'Rising Strike' & someone breaks out a 'Tornado slash', will it affect the monster if the colors are different?

Kyuu
Sep 10, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-09-10 15:51, Ryoten wrote:

Yeah thats what I heard too. But the photon arts that many weapons have can be linked together with others right? Like if a complete a 'Rising Strike' & someone breaks out a 'Tornado slash', will it affect the monster if the colors are different?
I dunno about anyone else, but I don't quite understand the question. Rephrase please?

Ryoten
Sep 10, 2006, 09:05 PM
Oh sorry about that, I was just wondering if we can link our Photons Arts together? Sorry about that. I just have a lot I want to do when it comes out.

Kyuu
Sep 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
Link your Photon Arts together? In what way? You mean have two different PAs being used by two different people somehow interact with each other in a special way? If that's the question, then the answer is no.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 11, 2006, 08:53 AM
man, most of the Tenora wepons look like ownage! especially the dual pistols!!! i can see that tenora may be my favorite producer when the NA game hits! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-09-11 06:59 ]</font>

DarkShadowX
Sep 11, 2006, 08:55 AM
On 2006-09-11 06:53, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
man, most of the Tenora wepons look like ownage! especially the dual pitols!!! i can see that tenora may be my favorite producer when the NA game hits! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Damn straight!

The Tenora Handgun looks freaking kickass can't wait to have me one of those when NA PSU gets here.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 11, 2006, 09:00 AM
though I really like the GRM rattlesnake as well. but the tenora handguns and dual/2 handed sword just looks crazy!!!

Conn89
Sep 11, 2006, 09:12 AM
I mostly like the GRM stuff, but some of them, the Tenora versions are definitely better looking.

Nika
Sep 11, 2006, 09:30 AM
http://bbs.psupedia.org/psu/src/1156260986575.jpg
Why I can't see full version og that page.
Can you check the link please?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-09-11 08:02 ]</font>

Ryoten
Sep 11, 2006, 09:40 AM
Wait a minute, they have different manufacters of weapons too? I didn't know that. I thought you had to make it like that instead of buying it. So what is this'Tenora' & 'GRM' stuff about?

DizzyDi
Sep 11, 2006, 09:45 AM
Its just the different manufacters' names. Each manufacturer has different strengths and weaknesses associated with it.

Ryoten
Sep 11, 2006, 09:49 AM
So on each planet theres a different manufacter there, huh? Which one is popular right now? I'm really like those Musashi-like sabers. Which weapon(s) do you guys like?

princejake2
Sep 11, 2006, 09:50 AM
Dual Tenora Handguns FTW

DarkShadowX
Sep 11, 2006, 09:54 AM
It all depends on what your preference is, PSUPedia has info on the manufacturers, Youmei (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Youmei) , Tenora Works (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Tenora_Works), GRM (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=GRM) and Kubara (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Kubara)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2006-09-11 07:59 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 11, 2006, 10:08 AM
thanks for the edited info DSX! too bad the tenora guns have less PP. i'll still use the hand guns till I find a better rare, lol. they just look too good.

zandra117
Sep 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
I wonder how you would go about grinding kubara weapons? You have to bring the weapon to its manufacturer to grind it, would we have to find a hidden kubara grind counter in some quest?

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 11, 2006, 11:48 AM
i'm still kinda lost on what kubara weapons really are. PSUpedia doesn't have much yet.

A2K
Sep 11, 2006, 12:19 PM
When you synthesize a weapon, can it have a brand name or are they all "Kubara"?

Lyrise
Sep 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
On 2006-09-11 09:39, zandra117 wrote:
I wonder how you would go about grinding kubara weapons? You have to bring the weapon to its manufacturer to grind it, would we have to find a hidden kubara grind counter in some quest?

Kubara weapons are just a term for "other", in short, a weapon with no manufacturer specified. You grind these types of weapons on the colony.

Ryoten
Sep 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
So each weapons can only be grinded at the shop which it is orignally from? Sounds like real life to me. lol. But each weapon have a rank on it right? So if I choose to weild double saber at lvl 1, will I be able to used them then, or will I have to level up?

Kaply
Sep 11, 2006, 01:17 PM
Weapons have an attack point requirement. Armor have a defense point requirement. Different makers also seem to have different requirements even in the same price bracket (true for armor, didn't pay attention to weapons as I was usually above the requirements for the weapon once I collected that amount of meseta)

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 01:10 PM
Ya, they all have different requirements. Also look may not be the only thing you're interested in. Your race and playstyle may effect your choices aswell since certain manufacturers have higher ATP, ATA, PP, etc with their weapons. For example, RA and FO might prefer Youmei because Youmei tend to have higher PP pools. But in tough situations, where you want maximum damage output you might go for a different manufacturer.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 12, 2006, 01:18 PM
so kubara weapons can only be droped from monsters or made from materials droped? Manufactured weapons can't be made or droped and only bought at shops? where do enemy weapons fit in? are they kubara then as well?

for example the "hand gun" is kubara and can only be found from a drop?

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
I think the "hand" gun randomly comes from boxes actually, not that it matters. Also, theres alot of synthing that requires "kubara wood". I would assume these weapons are synth only weapons. In offline mode, you can buy the boards for these from the colony shop, BUT, most of the boards you can buy and that you find are of manufactured weapons.

If I remember right, each area sells boards of their own melee type weapon boards, which you can synth into different elements of said melee weapons. Then for ranged and force weapons, you can change the type of wood to create a different manufacturer's weapon. Or something along those lines... I know atleast for ranged weapons the wood is wild carded.

ayrista
Sep 18, 2006, 12:31 PM
As far as the color goes, each color represents a photon element that the weapon has, Fire,Ice,Earth,lightning, light, dark, and the percents can vary. The percent of photon element that a weapon had determines the amount of damage it does to its opposite example:
in the pic below, this weap is a kubara weapon dropped, it has fire photon ability and does 40% more damage to Ice type monsters.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/Opythia/psu20060918_033734_001.jpg

and yes kubara weapons can only be synthed or dropped,
the Hand gun I found was in a box in parnum.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/Opythia/PSU/handgun.jpg

DiosGX
Sep 18, 2006, 03:40 PM
A thought to the people wanting to use Tenora Works guns for their looks, while their guns have the best attack power their photon points are somewhat lacking. Really for online I'd only suggest Tenora guns for enemies of substantial higher level than you if you're trying to damage them, but if you're trying to proc a status on them I would really go with Youmei for the higher PP limit. Also if you're doing a mission to maul down enemies and are ridiculously over leveled and just want to make cash, go with Youmei guns because they will last you longer for the mission.

You can do whatever you want of course, just my personal observations from using them. To sum it up all quick and stuff.

GRM: Balanced Stats.
Youmei: PP favored, ATA TAP ATA lowered.
Tenora: PP Lowered, ATA TAP ATA heightened.
Kubara: Depends on weapon, they seem to be high performance to me though.

Sev
Sep 18, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:40, DiosGX wrote:
A thought to the people wanting to use Tenora Works guns for their looks, while their guns have the best attack power their photon points are somewhat lacking. Really for online I'd only suggest Tenora guns for enemies of substantial higher level than you if you're trying to damage them, but if you're trying to proc a status on them I would really go with Youmei for the higher PP limit. Also if you're doing a mission to maul down enemies and are ridiculously over leveled and just want to make cash, go with Youmei guns because they will last you longer for the mission.

You can do whatever you want of course, just my personal observations from using them. To sum it up all quick and stuff.

GRM: Balanced Stats.
Youmei: PP favored, ATA TAP ATA lowered.
Tenora: PP Lowered, ATA TAP ATA heightened.
Kubara: Depends on weapon, they seem to be high performance to me though.

Then do you think that Tenora weapons would be better for Melee? I know that your PP determines how often you can use your Photon Arts on your Melee weapon and while having a good bit is good, I don't think it's as necessary to have alot of it depending on the weapon. Well, like you said I guess it's just preference. I'd sacrifice not using my PA that often to have higher base ATA and ATP.

DiosGX
Sep 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
Really the big variable in your weapon choice for optimal performance, is just going to be the enemies you're fighting, or rather the area you're fighting in. Your race is also going to affect it.

Overall I would say for melee, the element of your weapon matters more than your manufacturer. Melee weapon elemental affinity doesn't add status debuffs, instead it gives you bonus damage when used against an opposing element enemy.

There really isn't a single straight out answer to what manufacturer is best for a job.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 18, 2006, 05:59 PM
I'd like to ask what manufacturers are associated with what planet.

DiosGX
Sep 18, 2006, 06:06 PM
GRM is Parum, Youmei is Neudiaz, Tenora Works is Moatoob (what a ridiculous name).

Flamingo99
Sep 18, 2006, 06:22 PM
Okay... in PSO the color photon on the weapon changes the stronger the weapon class becomes. For example normal weak sabers had green photon, while stronger saber "gladius" had a yellow photon. I was wondering if there is any way to differentiate the strength of a weapon by it's appearance, now that the photons on the PSU weapons represent an element.

Parn
Sep 18, 2006, 06:25 PM
There is. Newbie weapons are red. Second tier weapons are blue. Third tier is yellow, fourth tier is green. Haven't gone beyond that.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 18, 2006, 06:26 PM
I've noticed sabers and other melee weaponry with a blue color on them. Does this color mean it has an elemental attack bonus (ice)?

EtherForce
Sep 18, 2006, 06:35 PM
The different color weapons have elemental stats, so far I've gotten green, blue, orange and red. So some colors are more useful against different enemies, depending on which element the enemy is based on.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 06:41 AM
aww, so tenora is beast made weaponry. that explains the tribal design on all of their products.

and i'll still use the tenora guns til my noob period expires and i realize the PP hinderance for myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2006-09-18 16:06, DiosGX wrote:
GRM is Parum, Youmei is Neudiaz, Tenora Works is Moatoob (what a ridiculous name).

mechatra
Sep 19, 2006, 06:44 AM
On 2006-09-18 16:25, Parn wrote:
There is. Newbie weapons are red. Second tier weapons are blue. Third tier is yellow, fourth tier is green. Haven't gone beyond that.

Wrong way round buddy. Third tier is green, fourth tier is Yellow.

I believe there is also purple and orange in there, but I'm unsure.

DizzyDi
Sep 19, 2006, 06:50 AM
On 2006-09-19 04:44, mechatra wrote:

On 2006-09-18 16:25, Parn wrote:

Wrong way round buddy. Third tier is green, fourth tier is Yellow.

I believe there is also purple and orange in there, but I'm unsure.

You guys should also point out that its not the photon blade that changes color depending on the tier of the weapon, but rather the handle of the weapon.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 06:53 AM
oh, so it's the handle and blade that changes. handle for tier and blade for element. makes perfect sense now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-09-19 05:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-09-19 05:50 ]</font>

DiosGX
Sep 19, 2006, 07:43 AM
Read his post again chief, he states that the non-elemental part of the weapon changes its color depending on its tier. The photon itself on all weapons determines its elemental alignment.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 07:46 AM
look at the time of the post chief, i was typing as he hit submit. thanks for the clarifictaion DizzyDi

DiosGX
Sep 19, 2006, 07:55 AM
Saw 3 minute time difference, didn't know if you misread it or not. *shrug*

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 08:04 AM
i'm at work so i'm ducking the manager as i post. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif as far as the topic goes, wouldn't it look a little weird to have say a 2nd tier fire element sword, lol?