PDA

View Full Version : Like pretty boys? A warning to you.

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 05:59 PM
So, I meade my character pretty much nearest the thinnest setting because muscle tone makes me puke.

Here is a sad, sad story.

I am level 22 and I have to remake.

ALL the good clothes, ie the 10,000 meseta plus ones that make you look unique, knock your muscle tone down furthur. I'm saying the character model actually changes. If you make a very thin character, you are going to be breathing out of a concave chest, and your arms will be sticks. You'll look like a stick man.

I didn't notice in the shop which evaluating clothes because you don't really see what will happen at an angle, nor in animation. And it looks bad.

This character, naked, is quite buff, but with the tight chinese short on he is not! He looks fine.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/ih8usega.jpg

Now, image is important to me and I fucked my level 22 HUmar over, that is if I want him to wear anything but the skin revealing first run of clothes that don't make you look bad, but EVERYONE wears them.

You want to improve your looks later on? Don't go for the thinnest body setting. Or even a bit slightly above that, as mine was.

You're gonna make enough money MUCH later on to buy good clothes. And you are going to regret it.

I spent half a day in bed when I realised. Weeping.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 06:02 PM
You're the reason the boys have low self esteem and the girls are anorexic.

jstroh
Sep 10, 2006, 06:02 PM
um I hope you're a girl.

Diablohead
Sep 10, 2006, 06:03 PM
I understand the clothes making you look slightly different in build, but to get so upset over it?

I always like my character to look perfect also, but I would not weep in bed for half a day because of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 06:04 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^Get with hyperbole.

On 2006-09-10 16:02, jstroh wrote:
um I hope you're a girl.

I tried to respond to this, but I accidentally blocked you! Now how on earth did that happen. It is a shame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-09-10 16:05 ]</font>

ORM-D
Sep 10, 2006, 06:05 PM
um I hope you're a girl.

I too hope the same. Im going to be playing for the game experiance and the looks of the char is just 1 of many of those experiences.

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-09-10 16:02, Number6 wrote:
You're the reason the boys have low self esteem and the girls are anorexic.

Actually girls look better with big boobies.

I don't hate good physique. I just hate visible, rippling muscles. I don't really want to see what is inside of your body, working on the outside. I don't even like "pretty boys" per se, I'm not a shoujo or yaoi fan. I'm a nerd fan. I like weedy nerds but I do NOT like stick men.

OK that beast dude I've made is a pretty, pretty boy but it's about the only way you can make a male from that race without it looking horrible. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-09-10 16:08 ]</font>

Saiffy
Sep 10, 2006, 06:08 PM
Shit, if anyone has a cute dude, it's you.

Well, thx 4 the tip. But I didn't think I was gonna make my dude very thin anyways

Ether
Sep 10, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-09-10 15:59, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I meade my character pretty much nearest the thinnest setting because muscle tone makes me puke.

ALL the good clothes, ie the 10,000 meseta plus ones that make you look unique, knock your muscle tone down furthur

Uhh, so whats the problem?

Ryoga4523
Sep 10, 2006, 06:14 PM
My character will be short... but not anorexic or "frail" looking... and what is wrong with a little bit of muscle??? having him look like toby mcquire (post cool spiderman physigue) or looking like an olympic kenyan long distance runner...

TheStoicOne
Sep 10, 2006, 06:18 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 06:26 PM
Uhh, so whats the problem?

Your character won't even be anatomically possible. Read:

If you make a very thin character, you are going to be breathing out of a concave chest, and your arms will be sticks. You'll look like a stick man.

I don't like extremes, like that THING in your sig.

TheStoicOne
Sep 10, 2006, 06:27 PM
In the op why was "MUCH" emphasized?

DizzyDi
Sep 10, 2006, 06:37 PM
I don't see the problem with the image you posted Shimarisu. The dude looks okay to me.

PJ
Sep 10, 2006, 06:43 PM
That was the recreated one

I wouldave liked to see snapshots of the original character though... my cahracter originally was gonna be short (Well, that's not changing) and skinny, but now, I guess I could just leave it default?

Authenticate
Sep 10, 2006, 06:47 PM
Anyone find it a little odd that all the short, fat characters are usually black? That's kind of insulting to the brothas and the sistas if you ask me.

Anyway, joking aside, I find that a nice balance is the key to a good character. Just gotta tweak the settings until I get something juuust right for the look I want. I'd rather have my character with a smidgen of muscle/fat than thin. While messing arround with that old beta character creation thingy awhile ago, I found some settings I liked. For males, I liked it near the middle of the top left section. For females a tiny bit off to the right of the middle line of the lower right side about halfway to the bottom.

Oky, I'm done talkin'.

Parn
Sep 10, 2006, 06:50 PM
Just in case anyone wants to see a visual representation of what she's talking about:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/costume.jpg

The upper arms shrink on your character when wearing that particular outfit style. The others don't seem to do this. Kind of reminds me of how monk artifact armor on Final Fantasy XI made your character have bigger upper arms.

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 06:59 PM
The others do Parn, if less so but on my char it is really noticable.

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-09-10 16:43, PJ wrote:
That was the recreated one

I wouldave liked to see snapshots of the original character though... my cahracter originally was gonna be short (Well, that's not changing) and skinny, but now, I guess I could just leave it default?

Both my new char (I'm still recreating my humar) and I think Parn are skinnier than default.

Default looks just shit to me.

Parn
Sep 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah, my character is definitely skinnier than default. The default size is more along the lines of your average high school football player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-09-10 17:10 ]</font>

PJ
Sep 10, 2006, 07:12 PM
Well, then, how much skinnier can I make it before getting painfully bad with that shirt? (Cause I wanna use that style shirt)

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 07:20 PM
As skinny as Parn I guess?

Edit: I just went to the changing room to check. Argus is roughly as skinny as Parn.

To make a char look like that. knock the scale right to the bottom middle, which is skinniest. Then you want it a bit to the left and a bit up from that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-09-10 17:25 ]</font>

Miphesto
Sep 10, 2006, 07:25 PM
who gives a flying f***......seriously if how ur char looks means this much to you, then dont play the game...i'd play if i was a block with a stick...lol...well not quite, but this is being really weird

-Shimarisu-
Sep 10, 2006, 07:28 PM
I guess Sega should close all the accessory and clothes shops then.

who gives a flying f***......seriously if how ur char DOESN'T look means this much to you, then dont play the game... cause Sega obviously care to give you the option to look good!

peenk
Sep 10, 2006, 07:37 PM
OMFG!
Emos play PSU!

RoninJoku
Sep 10, 2006, 07:39 PM
Maybe it's supposed to be a really tight outfit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DamonKatu
Sep 10, 2006, 07:47 PM
Oh brother...I have a feeling this will be messy *face plams his face* I feel sorry for ya but I bet you wouldnt like that...

Eclypse
Sep 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry but if you feel that your character looks like a pretty boy then you have some serious issues with looks because that kid is flat busted.

VAL-0251
Sep 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
I happen to think your "pretty boy" idea is quite ugly, thank you very much.

I much rather prefer something more along the lines of what you posted, with an anatomy that is both sensible and healthy.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 10, 2006, 08:15 PM
I lol at this topic.

GG, Shim.

DraginHikari
Sep 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
Well... this is different oO

Dahilia
Sep 10, 2006, 08:22 PM
Sounds like you want a little Second Life in your PSU.

MrPOW
Sep 10, 2006, 08:32 PM
Jeez, some people really care how their characters look, what's with all the damn flaming? ST must realize this because of the expanded customization options this time around, especially clothes. Just because you don't care what your characters look like doesn't really give you the right to come in here and act like your so much better than the OP.

I, for one, am extremely picky about what my characters look like. I've remade a couple of my characters for PSU already because I wasn't satisfied with their looks. ...And I can't even play online. I think most people would be lying if they said they didn't want their characters to look 'cool'...and 'cool' to each person is a completely objective thing. And if you really, honestly don't care what your character looks like...then wtf are you doing posting in this thread???

Nilot
Sep 10, 2006, 09:33 PM
Every time I play an online game, I'll always try to tell myself "never again.." but I always remake my characters lol, it would be nice if they had a gym on the guardians colony, so you could alter your character's proportions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and since were on the subject, I've seen that girls can change their lip colors at the salon, but can boys too?

Strider_M
Sep 10, 2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the warning... Although My characters are going to be thicker than default.

Kuzzle
Sep 10, 2006, 09:54 PM
Well, I just hope you crammed as much stuff as you could into the "Shared Items Chest", or whatever it's called. I'd hate to see you loose all that stuff...

mananas
Sep 10, 2006, 10:14 PM
Is it possible for someone to take pictures of this?? I'd really like to see for myself before I make my decision. And for the people posting on this topic... god DAMN. You don't need to add negativity to this, he's just warning you fools. You should be grateful.

seraph7
Sep 10, 2006, 10:15 PM
if a player desires to tweak the look to their ideal, that's what ps online/universe is known for ~ many players might not care, but there are few that take this to heart, & that's ok too.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif` i'll probably be the same, especially with all the additional creation features - probably spend a good several hours just playing with the interface until the look is just right for the part i'll play..

AzureBlaze
Sep 10, 2006, 10:28 PM
Well that is lazy of ST!
I am also totally picky about char looks. I don't even know if I can HAVE a certain char from PSO back on PSU because there's no face-masks and he NEEDS one or I'm not sure if I want to make him.

Shimarisu: I too have Del'd a guy after several levels because I didn't like the looks and it wasn't something I could change. With games like this, you've got a guy for 1000s of hours, if it's not right it will nag you for every last one! You've got to do what you gotta, even if it's sad NOW it's better then having to do it later.

My malfunction with the whole situation is LAZYNESS.
ST didn't want to remap the clothes for the bodies, so they changed it around, that the clothes instead remap YOU. This is total BS. I knew shoes make you taller in heels, which is awesome/realistic, but this is just dumb. Does your guy re-proportion when you re-dress him (in boring clothes) back to his original muscle-level?

It just should totally not be that stuff changes your proportion. There are already too FEW proportions on here. (No really wide guys, you can't get super thin girls, fatness abounds etc) so they don't need to have clothing shuttling everyone into the "Waifs R Us", which is where tons of chars already are.
**If you make a really wide dude (widest you can) then dress him in that, does he shrink all the way down to what the pic poster posted?

This makes me curious about girls.
If they're pulling these tricks with the dudes, have the girls gotten short-changed on anything as well?

Something To Think About:
This also isn't ALL the clothing either. You totally know they're gonna have "prize clothes" and releases of new outfits later on. With all the 'dynamic content' they were blathering about, to not have releasable clothing/accessories/etc upgrades would be bogus. What will these be like? Even if you hate what the current outfits do to your dudes, future ones may not do it.

To anyone who slanders on this:
This is a fantasy game. It is here so we have fun and look how we want. It doesn't matter what we are. We complain and analyze because we care about our fun. If you don't care and then bash us for caring, why do you want to be here.

Ryudo
Sep 10, 2006, 10:29 PM
Shim has parnis envy

PJ
Sep 10, 2006, 10:30 PM
Heh, specific XD

Well, now I know not to go STRAIGHT MIDDLE BOTTOM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zeig123
Sep 10, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-09-10 17:37, peenk wrote:
OMFG!
Emos play PSU!

I will be playing trust me and Im pretty emo if you ask my friends

Yah but the picture I saw earlier didnt look that bad (the one with the difference shown) If that was like at abut a little below default then oh well but I plan to make a little "stick man" anyways and call him a hunewm just cause thats my style...max skinny and max short but I may be just a bit above max skinny this time though but I just like short newmans and my style is all newman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeig123 on 2006-09-10 21:00 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Sep 11, 2006, 12:01 AM
On 2006-09-10 18:00, VAL-0251 wrote:
I happen to think your "pretty boy" idea is quite ugly, thank you very much.

I happen to think you're being a prick, deshou?

-Shimarisu-
Sep 11, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-09-10 18:00, Eclypse wrote:
I'm sorry but if you feel that your character looks like a pretty boy then you have some serious issues with looks because that kid is flat busted.

Psst. You cannot make a decent looking beast.

That's not my fault, but Sega's.

The character has turned out looking extremely femme, thin and weedy, bordering on shota. But he still runs, acts and looks physically POSSIBLE from every angle. I know he ain't too pretty but you ain't gonna make a beast dude prettier than that. And it's fucking hilarious how femme he looks when he can turn into a 9 foot monster. Don't you think? Have you SEEN those things?

I will be remaking my HUmar at the point I can get a tattoo for my beast guy, I'm level 10 now in only a morning! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Losodo1976
Sep 11, 2006, 12:35 AM
On 2006-09-10 17:25, Miphesto wrote:
who gives a flying f***......seriously if how ur char looks means this much to you, then dont play the game...i'd play if i was a block with a stick...lol...well not quite, but this is being really weird

Haha! For sure, man! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Celethalion
Sep 11, 2006, 12:46 AM
Indeed?
I'd respond to something specifically, but I got lost midway. I think the issue is valid. If ye have the chance to create a character, even if it is only a set of options to mix and match, then ye have the right to be sure ye get a character that ye are happy with. I know I'm going to spend hours fiddling with making chars of each race to see the possibilities at least. Somehow Shim has me curious as to why ye supposedly can't make a decent looking Male Beast, we shall see.

Each to his own!

Sinue_v2
Sep 11, 2006, 01:01 AM
This might actually work out to my advantage - since I plan on making a super-thin and lanky cast girl with absolutely no bust what-so-ever if possible. I wonder if some of these thinning effects are available with android parts as well?

And yeah, this is going to probably sound odd comming from a guy - but I happen to like small busts on girls. They're cute and perky. So I'm kinda dissapointed if Sega slacked on the character creation and didn't make the small bust girls look good or proportionate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-09-10 23:04 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Sep 11, 2006, 01:24 AM
The character has turned out looking extremely femme, thin and weedy, bordering on shota. And it's fucking hilarious how femme he looks when he can turn into a 9 foot monster. Don't you think? Have you SEEN those things?

What? Then a short or thin male beast transforms, he's not going to be thinner than the average beast? I just assumed that ST would of corrected that from the beta. For shame. I would of liked to see more body variations of transformed beasts out there.

I too hate the Conan type build and plan to make a thin, but athletic male down the road. Thanks for the heads-up, but so far, it's only going to be applied to CERTAIN outfits in the possible future huh?
Well, at least he'll look good in other shirts. And he's only temporarily scrawnier in that top. I can deal with that. It just makes him look more like a scrawny rogue at the time.

BTW, did this apply to certain pants as well? I know you mentioned some kind of china shorts and they made him look skinnier in the thigh area I assume? Any comparision shots of that for an example? Scrawnier arms is one thing, but scrawny legs as well could make a guy look sickly, so I'm curious.

The info provided so far is greatly appreciated -Shimarisu- and Parn.

And yes, ppl DO care about what their characters look like. Whether the player's a guy or a girl, playing countless hours online is going to be annoying of your character is an eye sore. For those who left negative feedback, please be more considerate in the future.

hypersaxon
Sep 11, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-09-10 23:01, Sinue_v2 wrote:
This might actually work out to my advantage - since I plan on making a super-thin and lanky cast girl with absolutely no bust what-so-ever if possible. I wonder if some of these thinning effects are available with android parts as well?

And yeah, this is going to probably sound odd comming from a guy - but I happen to like small busts on girls. They're cute and perky. So I'm kinda dissapointed if Sega slacked on the character creation and didn't make the small bust girls look good or proportionate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-09-10 23:04 ]</font>

Big Bust >>> Little Bust. Sorry, but almost every male on this message board will agree with me on this one.

I don't like too big of a bust though. Not like the exaggerated busts you see in certain animes which are absurdly huge. Most of the girls I like are around the medium spectrum of busts, but leaning a bit towards the larger side of the spectrum. So from a scale of 1-5, with 1 being little bust and 5 being large bust, I'd pick a 4 for big but not too big bust.

I like saying bust BTW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-09-10 23:27 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Sep 11, 2006, 01:31 AM
Sorry, but almost every male on this message board will agree with me on this one.

Yeah, but this isn't a popularity contest, and it's a not an absolute fact. It's a personal preference, and I could give a damn what every other guy on the message board likes.

hypersaxon
Sep 11, 2006, 01:38 AM
I know. Although I find it rather odd that someone can actually resist getting turned on by large breasts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Sep 11, 2006, 01:42 AM
I never said I resisted large breasts. I like breasts of all sizes - but I prefer the smaller and perkier ones.

Niki
Sep 11, 2006, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure, but to me it seems somewhat paradoxical to play a Beast that is spindly, unless said Beast is a child. It is, after all, a Beast, a savage render-of-entrails whose strength and vitality are its calling cards. Take a look at a Nanoblast again. There's plenty of potential for bishoujo look-alikes elsewhere, if that's what you're dead-set on.

I am thankful, though, for the vast variety that is possible with character/avatar design. I think that will be a strong selling point for people who haven't yet discovered the game.

Just a fool's opinion. -_-;;

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 11, 2006, 01:43 AM
On 2006-09-10 23:27, hypersaxon wrote:

Big Bust >>> Little Bust. Sorry, but almost every male on this message board will agree with me on this one.

uuuh, how about No We Wont <_<
Each pso female ive had has always had pretty much no bust what-so-ever. It says thers more to our character than their visible assets. kthx.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrizaSiegmund on 2006-09-10 23:45 ]</font>

Authenticate
Sep 11, 2006, 01:54 AM
Sinue, please never say small bewbs are good. You almost made me burst into tears. That is just so wrong. T_T

'Course I'm jokin', but whateva. Differing opinions is what makes life exciting.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 11, 2006, 02:08 AM
Big'uns, little'uns, they're all good'uns. Small ones are cute and large ones are hot IF THEY'RE REAL. Though the large ones have the added bonus of making room for immature breast jokes...

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 11, 2006, 02:20 AM
notice how almost everyone's thrown off topic cause bewbs were meantioned? XD rofl

Deprimenthia
Sep 11, 2006, 02:23 AM
Bewbs > Boobs.

That is all >_>

Kurenaii
Sep 11, 2006, 02:37 AM
I don't mind it, to be honest. I'm sure some of my guy friends who'll be playing, and want a really buff character will complain about it, but it's something you can get used to, ne? xD

Fleece
Sep 11, 2006, 07:57 AM
I'm a fat bastard (I'm not obesely, beer gut etc) so is my character so whatever makes me look thinner is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SephYuyX
Sep 11, 2006, 08:10 AM
Petite girls > Busty girls.

And lol @ this topic in general.

Dahilia
Sep 11, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-09-10 22:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I happen to think you're being a prick, deshou?

Rofl-wapa

Vanner
Sep 11, 2006, 09:06 AM
The game is full of tall muscle men which tells me some people are insecure lol

ShadowNeo
Sep 11, 2006, 12:45 PM
Or Male casts that look extremely femenine.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 11, 2006, 12:47 PM

Indeed.

ShadowNeo
Sep 11, 2006, 12:49 PM
Personally, if you don't like the way a top makes you look, fine, valid point.

But seriously, its not like your going to wear it forever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowNeo on 2006-09-11 10:49 ]</font>

Kupi
Sep 11, 2006, 02:16 PM
All stupidity aside, is there any way to get an example of the problem? I'd rather see the problem for myself than take someone else's word for it.

Vanner
Sep 11, 2006, 02:30 PM
i get told my character looks female but i just feel sorry for the people who cant tell what a female looks like.

Zabrio
Sep 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
I want to make some my chars look like my PSO Chars

Zabrio
Sep 11, 2006, 02:36 PM
Shadow neo that cast in your sig looks like master chief from halo...

PJ
Sep 11, 2006, 02:37 PM
On 2006-09-11 10:47, Kou-Diacyper wrote:

Indeed.

It's a valid warning topic

I wanna play my kid-like character to look like a kid, not a stick

Frankly, I appreciate the heads up

Kyuu
Sep 11, 2006, 02:43 PM
-_- Stupid internet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-11 23:04 ]</font>

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 11, 2006, 03:06 PM
On 2006-09-11 12:37, PJ wrote:

On 2006-09-11 10:47, Kou-Diacyper wrote:

Indeed.

It's a valid warning topic

I wanna play my kid-like character to look like a kid, not a stick

Frankly, I appreciate the heads up

Don't make him thin then.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 11, 2006, 04:05 PM
I don't really care about boob size too much, as long as they at least HAVE breasts or if they aren't absurdly huge.

Valkayree
Sep 11, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-09-10 15:59, -Shimarisu- wrote:

muscle tone makes me puke.

These are my opinions, no where do I express that the following is factual or derived from fact.

If you are a guy, you are lazy imo.
If you are a girl, hmm, there is a fine line between healthy muscle and Shwarzeneggar muscle. A little tone is good for you otherwise you would be a stick unable to move or think for yourself, imo *coughParisHiltoncough*.

Nothing personal though. Sorry about your character. Maybe protein and exercise will help.

Wubbie
Sep 11, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-09-11 10:49, ShadowNeo wrote:
Personally, if you don't like the way a top makes you look, fine, valid point.

But seriously, its not like your going to wear it forever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowNeo on 2006-09-11 10:49 ]</font>

Umm, I know once I find the perfectly shirt for my FOnewm(which happens to be his body suit) I won't be buying any new outfits... So technically, I will be wearing it forever as I won't be changing while the game is still present.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
You completely missed the point, he is reffering to the fact that if you didn't like what you had, you wouldn't have it forever.

Parn
Sep 11, 2006, 05:55 PM
Those of you who are screaming about "Sonic Team's laziness" really need to settle the hell down. Seriously. It's really not such a tremendous deal like some of you are pretending it to be. I went ahead and made the most obese character possible in the game, and took him to the dressing room.

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/costume2.jpg

And side view:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/costume3.jpg

And for those that missed it earlier on page 2, my character in the same outfit:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/costume.jpg

The person that modeled the outfit for this particular set adjusted the arm size a bit for less bulk. That's all. It never ceases to amaze me how the moment there's even the slightest in what seems like ammunition, you have folks rushing in with the hangman's rope, pitchforks, torches, and cries of "laziness!"

SkyHawkX
Sep 11, 2006, 06:07 PM
Episode III, Machine decks, rolling 6 6 first turn, etc.

Nilot
Sep 11, 2006, 07:45 PM
I don't think theyre being lazy at all, gotta admit that outfit does look a little tight, AND black is a slimming color, not like were gonna be looking up close and personal with our characters all the time, I think it looks nice. People are just over-analyzing it, the guys and gals saying ST is being lazy should just stop playing their game and try designing the character models themselves, cause they've defenately come far from PSO

Authenticate
Sep 11, 2006, 07:45 PM
Sonic Team is lazy because they didn't give people socks! I DEMAND SOCKS!

Nilot
Sep 11, 2006, 07:57 PM
lol okay okay I agree on that, socks and stockings, like Sil'fer's.. those were cool and hardcore! but its close to socks, with the shoe customization.. one step atta time I gez

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
Sonic team could have made it easier on theirselves by having the guy's chin stay pointy instead of making it so square and wide when you get to the bottom of the face proportion thingie, that way I can make an evil-looking pretty boy.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 11, 2006, 08:38 PM
Parn's fat human character looks like an adult Harry Potter after he's eaten the Dursley's (aunt and uncle).... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Inspektahdek
Sep 11, 2006, 08:46 PM
um I hope you're a girl.

Hilarious, seems like there are alot of people playing this game with alternative lifestylees

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-09-11 17:45, Nilot wrote:
guys and gals saying ST is being lazy should just stop playing their game and try designing the character models themselves

Thats always my favorite copout line. Do you tell game reviewers to make a better game when they negatively review something? Or movie critics to make a movie themselves? Customers don't have to be able to "do it better themselves" to point out a flaw in a product they paid for

Kupi
Sep 11, 2006, 09:17 PM
So... Parn, is there any chance that you could take an inordinately thin guy (say, center-bottom of the proportion box) to the dressing room and show us what effects the outfit has on twiggy dudes? Assuming that your more normally-proportioned character isn't one of said twiggy dudes, of course.

Parn
Sep 11, 2006, 09:48 PM
As requested:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/costume4.jpg

I almost felt sorry for this character I made, forcing him to run all the way to Neudaiz to get to the clothing shop on those bones for legs.

Niki
Sep 11, 2006, 09:52 PM
Parn. I'll never forgive you. Ever.

*shudder*

Hobokiller
Sep 11, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-09-11 19:48, Parn wrote:
As requested:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/costume4.jpg

I almost felt sorry for this character I made, forcing him to run all the way to Neudaiz to get to the clothing shop on those bones for legs.

That's well.... disturbing.

Eclypse
Sep 11, 2006, 09:57 PM
That's what lots of Japanese kids look like anyway, so at least they are keeping it close to how they look for the most part.

Natrokos
Sep 11, 2006, 10:44 PM
That's the shirt I want for my Newman. I am kinda glad it's slimming, because now I can look as pretty as I feel http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 10:49 PM
wth@^

Nilot
Sep 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm jealous of the slim one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mananas
Sep 11, 2006, 11:26 PM
I don't see any concave chest....

-Shimarisu-
Sep 11, 2006, 11:27 PM
You don't, till you actually buy the outfit and run round with it. And my chara wasn't even that thin.

DraginHikari
Sep 11, 2006, 11:32 PM
That's just wrong XD

-Shimarisu-
Sep 11, 2006, 11:41 PM
I really fucking hate how the top half of a male's body can look fine but his legs will be too skinny, and if you make them look right you get too heavily built on top.

So I have to settle for skinny legs. And Parn, yours are pretty skinny too.

That's my major issue. Not just with the outfits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-09-11 21:41 ]</font>

_Tek_
Sep 12, 2006, 12:26 AM
I realy don't see the problem. I should mark this thread for extreme exaggeration.

Natrokos
Sep 12, 2006, 02:28 AM
I don't really see a problem either. I do plan to wear the same top though, I was just being sarcastic since some people are making such a big deal out of this.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 12, 2006, 02:46 AM
kind of reminds me when people here were on the "what? you cant make your character buff?!" saga -_-
A complaint about someone else a day keeps your own faults away

MaxyGuy
Sep 12, 2006, 04:16 AM
Oddly, I'm a bit agreeing with -Shimarisu-.. I've played World of Warcraft for a bit ((Killing time waiting for PSU)) and characters just look awfull.. since when do priests / mages have HUGE muscles and hands.

So anyway back to PSU.. I think it's somewhat important to feel comfortable with the character your playing, especially if there is alot of community chating ((Playing and chating in the lobbies)).

However.. it's just a game.. would you really start all over because of that? AND if your planning to buy the US version when it comes out, why not just wait then.

* Max

Sev
Sep 12, 2006, 04:48 AM
On 2006-09-12 02:16, MaxyGuy wrote:
Oddly, I'm a bit agreeing with -Shimarisu-.. I've played World of Warcraft for a bit ((Killing time waiting for PSU)) and characters just look awfull.. since when do priests / mages have HUGE muscles and hands.

So anyway back to PSU.. I think it's somewhat important to feel comfortable with the character your playing, especially if there is alot of community chating ((Playing and chating in the lobbies)).

However.. it's just a game.. would you really start all over because of that? AND if your planning to buy the US version when it comes out, why not just wait then.

* Max

Well... Considering WoW gives you hardly any options to change how your character looks... I can see you're point there.

In terms of customization of characters though, these 2 games shouldn't really be compared. It all comes down to small things... Not everything can be changed to a way that would satisfy everyone. That's just what it comes down to. There could be more options, but I'm more then satisfied with what I see included in the game.

Parn
Sep 12, 2006, 05:23 AM
On 2006-09-11 21:41, -Shimarisu- wrote:
So I have to settle for skinny legs. And Parn, yours are pretty skinny too.
Don't be hatin'.

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/totalstudmuffin.jpg

You know what that is? 155 pounds of STUD MUFFIN. You're totally jealous.

Valkayree
Sep 12, 2006, 09:55 AM
On 2006-09-11 15:55, Parn wrote:
Those of you who are screaming about "Sonic Team's laziness" really need to settle the hell down. Seriously. It's really not such a tremendous deal like some of you are pretending it to be. I went ahead and made the most obese character possible in the game, and took him to the dressing room.

Haha it's an optical illusion. The blue stuff on the shirt forms a thick vertical band that makes the torso appear to be thinner, especially on black backgrounds. A little easier to see that now, thanks Parn.

Nani-chan
May 2, 2007, 09:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Famyen/197541.jpg

Parn
May 2, 2007, 09:23 PM
This thread is a great reminder of why I think Shimarisu should never leave PSOW. She brings life to this forum community!

Midicronica
May 2, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-05-02 19:23, Parn wrote:
This thread is a great reminder of why I think Shimarisu should never leave PSOW. She brings life to this forum community!

Indeed, I agree. She's a really nice person in game too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Why was this bumped again?

Sychosis
May 2, 2007, 09:26 PM
On 2007-05-02 19:25, Shadow_Moses wrote:

Why was this bumped again?

For the pretty boys.

Oh and Shim FTW.

Parn
May 2, 2007, 09:27 PM
I have no idea. But it's great a great read anyway!

BTW, I got your message earlier, but you were offline so I continued watch Last Exile. Just got the series, and I'm digging it. I'll be on tomorrow though!

VanHalen
May 2, 2007, 09:43 PM
I had a feeling today it was going to be bumped.

McLaughlin
May 2, 2007, 09:44 PM
Necromancy FTW.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 2, 2007, 09:58 PM
I've been thinking of doing a Pretty Boys vs. Steroid Freaks poll, think I should do it?

Siertes
May 2, 2007, 10:35 PM
Ew at pretty boys and steroid freaks. Siertes is better than that.

CherryLunar
May 2, 2007, 11:08 PM
Wow... Talk about pushing up Daisies. When did this thread die again?

Dhylec
May 2, 2007, 11:08 PM
Nani, while viewing is free, bumping is penalized. The thread has been dead for over 7 months, don't revive it just to post a fun picture. Remember, this is not FKL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-05-02 21:11 ]</font>