PDA

View Full Version : My sad, sad oversight.

Niki
Sep 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
I just hit Lv7, thinking, 'Damn, how long is it going to take to get my first Photon Art?'

That's right. ;_;

I don't remember there being a tutorial. I don't remember skipping anything, although it's true I couldn't read most of it.

So...is it possible for me to learn PAs at this point, or should I reroll? And if I must reroll, at what point did I miss the opportunity to learn a starting PA?

Ryna
Sep 10, 2006, 08:20 PM
Are you referring to Online Play? If so, you do not start with any Photon Arts, even if you go through the tutorial. You buy Photon Arts from the weapons shop for 1000 meseta each.

zandra117
Sep 10, 2006, 08:20 PM
You can buy starter PA's in one of the shops cant you? You can also sometimes earn PA's for getting S-Rank in quests.

Niki
Sep 10, 2006, 08:24 PM
Yes, online, and I've gotten plenty of S ranks but only on C Rank missions. So I'm assuming that one of the vendors on the right sells them? I use Rifles, Handguns, and Spears primarily. Any recommendations?

Thanks very much for the info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-09-10 18:35 ]</font>

Ryna
Sep 10, 2006, 08:28 PM
On 2006-09-10 18:24, Niki wrote:
Yes, online, and I've gotten planty of S ranks but only on C Rank missions. So I'm assuming that one of the vendors on the right sells them? I use Rifles, Handguns, and Spears primarily. Any recommendations?

Thanks very much for the info.

You only earn Photon Arts as S-Rank rewards in offline play. For Network Mode, you have to buy them.

In terms of Range-related Photon Arts, I'm really not too sure what are the most useful ones. For each type of gun, you can buy several elemental type Bullets. The best elemental type will depend on the area and situation. The Spear Photon Art is useful on Hunters on Neudaiz, Relics, and boss fights.

EDIT: On the Guardian Colony, enter the Weapons shop and talk to the vendor on the right to buy Photon Arts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-09-10 18:32 ]</font>

Niki
Sep 10, 2006, 08:34 PM
Ugh. Thanks again Ryna and Zandra. You're officially entitled to all these 7- and 8-star items whose names I can't read, should you ever need them.

A2K
Sep 10, 2006, 08:44 PM
On 2006-09-10 18:20, Ryna wrote:
Are you referring to Online Play? If so, you do not start with any Photon Arts, even if you go through the tutorial. You buy Photon Arts from the weapons shop for 1000 meseta each.

Wait, doesn't everyone start with a Saber skill in their inventory? I'm rather certain I did...

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 08:46 PM
Ok. I went to the shop like you said. Guy on the right. Ok. Bought one of each color. Ate them all. Now what do I do?

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 08:59 PM
Why do I have a feeling I just spent all my money on the wrong thing? I can't find any way to use these... anyone? Please

Ryna
Sep 10, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-09-10 18:44, A2K wrote:
Wait, doesn't everyone start with a Saber skill in their inventory? I'm rather certain I did...

In Story and Extra mode, you do. My online character did not start with Rising Strike. I will have to buy it for her.

On 2006-09-10 18:46, Number6 wrote:
Ok. I went to the shop like you said. Guy on the right. Ok. Bought one of each color. Ate them all. Now what do I do?

There are a couple of things you have to do after buying them. For Hunter and Force Photon Arts, do the following (I am going to assume you are playing the PC version):
1. Press F2. Press the right arrow key three times to over to "3". The PA disks will be listed near the bottom of this menu. Select it and use it. You have now learned the Photon Art disk.
2. Now you have to bind it to a weapon. Press the left arrow key three times. Select the weapon you want to bind the Photon Art too. Press Enter. Select the second option and press Enter. You should see the Photon Art. Press Enter again to bind it. You can now exit out of the menu.

You can see translations for the menus and an example of linking here:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2431#Inventory

Scroll down until you see "Linking Photon Arts". There are also some examples of "Learning Photon Arts" there.

The process for binding a Bullet is a little different. Unfortunately, I forget the exact process right now.

jstroh
Sep 10, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-09-10 18:59, Number6 wrote:
Why do I have a feeling I just spent all my money on the wrong thing? I can't find any way to use these... anyone? Please

I know how LOL

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 09:57 PM
Right, I know that's how it's supposed to work, but I'm a ranger and it shows up as a blank box instead of a box with the arts choices in it. I need to figure out how to do the bullets.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 10:05 PM
I doubt you know how to do it with bullets, jstroh, but if you do, you're a mean jerk anyway. =)

Chaobo99
Sep 10, 2006, 10:46 PM
You have to combine them with your weps first..dont you? And how come forces dont start with PA? that's kinda mest up =p

donkeybeatz
Sep 10, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-09-10 20:46, Chaobo99 wrote:
You have to combine them with your weps first..dont you? And how come forces dont start with PA? that's kinda mest up =p

You start off with foie as a force.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 10:59 PM
No offense, Chaobo, but I kinda need someone who has the game. I know what you have to do, I need the exact method for doing it. Can someone please help me?

vitius137
Sep 10, 2006, 11:05 PM
arent ranger PA's attatched the same way? In story mode I did exactly what Ryna said and I could equip the element bullets just fine. Just be sure you bought them for the right weapon.

Number6
Sep 10, 2006, 11:14 PM
Wow. I got it. Thanks!