PDA

View Full Version : What Photon Art for grouping?

Jools
Sep 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
I've got a lvl 10 force with a high level Foi which does quite nicely in solo, but for grouping, its so slow that whatever its shot at has been hit across the screen be a hunter by the time it gets there. What I really need is a good, quick technique for hitting (and tagging for exp!) multi monsters with one attack.

Any advice?

-Jools

Spellbinder
Sep 10, 2006, 10:54 PM
Any of the 3 Ra Technics should be fine to start if you're looking to tag. The kind of damage it does will depend on what you're fighting though.

Ether
Sep 10, 2006, 10:56 PM
Barta and Zonde are very good. Tagging as a force is pretty hard in general though. The ra-spells are good but the area they hit doesnt feel large enough

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-10 20:57 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 10, 2006, 11:07 PM
.can debuff spells still tag?

Ether
Sep 10, 2006, 11:52 PM
I just checked in extra mode and yes they do

Thank god

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 11, 2006, 02:04 AM
On 2006-09-10 21:52, Ether wrote:
I just checked in extra mode and yes they do

Thank god

are you sure by the way? I heard from people during the beta that spells which incur damage are the only forms of tagging.
..maybe it's an extra mode thing? :O

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 02:11 AM
To my knowledge the jellen and zalure equivalent spells weren't available in the beta. Heck I dont even know where to get them online now, so I have to test in extra mode

Theres really no reason for them not to tag online if they do offline, because you'd have to be crazy to make a habit of casting only support spells and letting the npcs kill the enemies for you

Kaply
Sep 11, 2006, 02:34 AM
Ra spells can only hit 3 targets and have a small range, go with barta or zonde. Barta being slightly better for damage in palum.

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 04:47 AM
Only 3 targets? Hmm... Techs level up like PA's right? More you use it, better it gets? ... Do "high ranking techs" affect more / have a larger range? Or is it a set range / AoE / Target number regardless of your skill level with a technique?

Jools
Sep 12, 2006, 03:36 AM
Damn, that doesn't bode well for my main char (a force).

-Jools

Spellbinder
Sep 12, 2006, 06:51 AM
You'd be surprised Jools. In a scenario where alot of monsters are close together near a hunter in the party, using a Ra tech then stepping to the left and right a little bit to hit a different target spreads the damage around nicely. And since Zonde and Barta penetrate, tossing in one or two of those can hit most enemies in a group with a little work. It just takes practice I think.

Kaply
Sep 12, 2006, 08:42 AM
Actually Ra techs are a little harder to use than what's actually described. They seem to shoot out in a line up to a set distance. If there's an impact before the set distance then they'll impact at that point. What makes it a bit harder is that while you may have lined every one of the enemies correctly to be able to impact 3 enemies, during your casting animation their pathing might change, ie. one of them might jump forward, etc. and make you miss your targets.

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 12:48 PM
I think it goes worth mentioning that the RA-techs have a slight homing part to them. They will explode slightly to the left, slighty to the right, even slightly forward or back from their normal position if theres a monster there to hit. They tag well enough and deal tons. Really, I think something like rabarta works wonderful for grouping. Does good in most places and has the chance to freeze which helps everyone in the group.

Oh, and as you level the tech, the explosion gets bigger. Once they hit level 11, they'll be even easier and better to use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-09-12 10:49 ]</font>

Emrald
Sep 12, 2006, 02:05 PM
So it's not like before in PSO where ra's hit everyone in a set distance...or will higher level RAs do that as well in PSU?

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 02:17 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure I've hit as many as 5 with a ra-tech, but its been a while since the beta. But the explosion is rather small is all. Especially when the tech is level 10 or lower, you're lucky if you hit a monster and any mosnter to the direct sides of it. And you can't really send it into the middle of a mob.