PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Fee, How much?

RamenEater
Sep 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
How much is it going to be, and how much is it for those JP players?

Zeig123
Sep 10, 2006, 11:12 PM
1050 yen ($8.78) per month

xenokai
Sep 10, 2006, 11:18 PM
if you use the netcash cards isnt it like $12.76? so its just 9$ if u use a credit card? thats awsome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xenokai on 2006-09-10 21:19 ]</font>

Killuminati
Sep 10, 2006, 11:44 PM
Problaby 8.95 like PSO.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 11, 2006, 08:45 AM
the first month is more than the months that follow right?

Flamingo99
Sep 11, 2006, 02:33 PM
From what I remember reading Alpha, yes.

Talnar85
Sep 12, 2006, 12:36 PM
So is this the price for the PC PS2 and the 360? The $9 is for the US right?

Ruby-chan
Sep 13, 2006, 08:03 PM
At this rate I expect ST to be mind controlled by Kaz riding on a giant enemy crab, and then tell us that the monthly fee will be "Five-hundred and nintey-nine US dollars!" and then he'll go into a fit screaming, "It's Ridge Racer! Riiiiidddgggeeeee racer!" until his weakpoint is struck for massive damage.

Ok, not really. As far as we know Sega hasn't announced the US price yet. Why they haven't announced it, no one knows. Personally I think they're starting to realize that when compared to the game market here, $9 a month for an online dungeon crawl dooms sales. They'll probably wait until the last possible moment so that those who don't expect there to be a fee for this sort of thing won't know until it's too late to return it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-09-13 18:10 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Sep 13, 2006, 08:07 PM
I like the way you think... giant enemy crabs <nods> thats the one. I don't see the price being very much if at all different to the JP >.>

xenokai
Sep 13, 2006, 08:39 PM
Well its not a MMORPG where everyone can be in the same place. Its like PSO with 6 players and a little bigger lobby.

Ruby-chan
Sep 13, 2006, 08:46 PM
In short it's about equivalent to say... Diablo.. Dungeon Siege... Neverwinter Nights... Champions of Norath... X-men Legends... etc. etc. etc. I wonder if perhaps releasing dedicated server utilities is just taboo to Japanese developers.

Talnar85
Sep 15, 2006, 05:49 AM
I gusse your right, they will just wait till the last min to get all who want. I hope its not to much, than again Im use to having $14.99 for online games so Im not to worried. Thanks for all the help.

Reystradamus
Sep 16, 2006, 11:18 PM
how much does this game cost per month to play online?

Sev
Sep 16, 2006, 11:19 PM
I don't think there's been anything official for the NA/EU release.

I'm think around $10 US.

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:39 PM
On 2006-09-13 18:03, Ruby-chan wrote:
At this rate I expect ST to be mind controlled by Kaz riding on a giant enemy crab, and then tell us that the monthly fee will be "Five-hundred and nintey-nine US dollars!" and then he'll go into a fit screaming, "It's Ridge Racer! Riiiiidddgggeeeee racer!" until his weakpoint is struck for massive damage.

Ok, not really. As far as we know Sega hasn't announced the US price yet. Why they haven't announced it, no one knows. Personally I think they're starting to realize that when compared to the game market here, $9 a month for an online dungeon crawl dooms sales. They'll probably wait until the last possible moment so that those who don't expect there to be a fee for this sort of thing won't know until it's too late to return it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-09-13 18:10 ]</font>

Ugh, I really hope that's not the mentallity(did I spell that right, lol)that the SEGA execs have. If they think that their own game isn't worthy enough of people needing to know there is a fee, than why even play it? O_o

Zoronius
Sep 18, 2006, 12:04 AM
I was wondering what are the payment options for PSU on the pc cus i want to import it but! i have no clue how to make an account for it or the payment options i have to choose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rider
Sep 18, 2006, 01:35 AM
I'm planning on getting this game and so is my friend, except that I'm getting it for PC while they're getting it for PS2. I know the 360 won't be linked with anyone but does that mean PS2 and PC servers won't be linked together? I was hoping to be able play with my friend if I still get it for the PC.

Also, my second question is about the monthly fee. Is there even going to be a fee? I'd imagine there would be. If there is, has it been announced how much the fee will be? Also, will there be time cards? Like they do for World of Warcraft and City of Heroes/Villians.

Cross
Sep 18, 2006, 01:40 AM
If you plan on importing the Japanese version and then moving to the North American version when it comes out, you don't need to worry about payment; the game is 'free' for September, and the 30-day trial that comes with the game will carry you through October, which is when the English version is released.

Otherwise, there's NetCash, WebMoney, etc.

EJ
Sep 18, 2006, 01:48 AM
the pc/[s2 servers are linked it's on the front page of this site and the montly fee will be around 8.99-10 I belive since I remember hearing ST will charge 10 the first month and then after that it will be 8.99.

Not sure on the monthly fee part but I know it will be between 8-10 a month.

Zoronius
Sep 18, 2006, 01:48 AM
Interesting... but i read the tutorial in the general information in the psu section and i dont get that katakana thing and the translator program to make an account http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yachiru
Sep 18, 2006, 02:17 AM
PS2 and PC servers are infact linked together, so that you do not have to worry about.

Yes, there's a monthly fee. It's around ~$8.48 or something.

Zarbolord
Sep 18, 2006, 02:20 AM
That would make like, 6/7 euros for the EU version right?

GaijinPUnch
Sep 18, 2006, 02:35 AM
That would make like, 6/7 euros for the EU version right?

If you were just translating the cost, yes, but the trend these days is $1 = 1 Euro.

Harker
Sep 18, 2006, 03:40 AM
So , if I read all of you correctly , we're looking at 10.00 to start then a monthly subscription of 8.48 to 8.99 for a set time of 8 to 10 months so basically 150.00 just to start the online gaming? (50.00 for the game)

Xero_Sigma
Sep 18, 2006, 06:32 AM
Yea I was wondering if the servers were really going to be connected. I'm getting it on the PS2 (which I hope I do not regret) and my friends getting it for the PC.

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 07:02 AM
On 2006-09-18 01:40, Harker wrote:
So , if I read all of you correctly , we're looking at 10.00 to start then a monthly subscription of 8.48 to 8.99 for a set time of 8 to 10 months so basically 150.00 just to start the online gaming? (50.00 for the game)

the first month is free, supposedly.

the fee is cheaper than FF11, which is about 12 something I think. not counting extra characters.

Diablohead
Sep 18, 2006, 07:22 AM
Its best to wait another 2 weeks or so for an english version imo.

Puff
Sep 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
First month darn well better be free. I'm excited to get into this game finally, but if it turns out to be a dog, hacked, or generally screwed up on the server side, I ain't payin for several months worth of a subscription.

Octavian
Oct 6, 2006, 03:11 PM
Any update on what subscription fee will be?

Hemorrhage
Oct 6, 2006, 05:26 PM
IMO, it should be around the same price as BB.
So figure around $8.

There is no reason to charge anymore since the game is the same type as BB/EP 1&2 and isn't a Massive game with content to DL. You already payed for all the content in PSU when you buy the game disc(s).

Another thing, Sega would be shooting themselves in the head by offering 2 simillar games for 2 different online fees, especially since they advertise BB on the PSU site/sign-up. It doesn't matter if you think "PSU is newer and better!", that's not what the more casual gamers and parents think. They will see BB as cheaper(even though it would only be by a few dollars, but then again, you can DL BB for FREE) and thus would back down from PSU.