PDA

View Full Version : (importer question) Sound/Video Issues

DurakkenX
Sep 11, 2006, 12:51 AM
As some of you may know a lot of the sounds in PSU are a bit off, particuluarly Voices. Have any of you come up with or found a solution to getting the voices to work

Also just curious... have anyone else had the great graphic bug (i think) where in extra mode all the neon garbage that makes most of the clothes look bad is not there?

watashiwa
Sep 11, 2006, 12:58 AM
Huh? "As some of you may know a lot of the sounds in PSU are a bit off" .. What do you mean? Everything sounds fine to me.

I've only had one audio problem with PSU and that's when I had my Audigy in 5.1 mode ... I couldn't get the preview of voices on Character Creation to work right. When I changed it to 2.1 mode, it was fine again. That was the only problem I've ever had with the sound.

Never had the neon Extra mode problem either. If you've got a Nvidia video card, try making sure you have the latest ForceWare drivers. If you've got an ATI video card, make sure you've got the latest Catalyst drivers installed.

Cross
Sep 11, 2006, 01:11 AM
Are you sure that you just haven't left your Shield Line (Armour) unequipped? If you don't have it on, it won't show up on your clothes (but you'll get pasted every time you fight something).

DurakkenX
Sep 11, 2006, 01:18 AM
hrmm... you know i haven't even looked at that cross... i just noticed it in extra mode but not on online mode, but that could be due to that...

watashiwa... voice don't work, music is louder than SFX even though SFX is supposed to be louder, some SFX are too loud, some that should be there aren't there... lots of issues ^.^

Tekershee
Sep 11, 2006, 04:26 AM
I have Global Focus Sound off so that there is only sound when PSU is the active window. I tend to Alt+Tab away to other programs etc, I find that sometimes the BGM would dissapear or there would be some incredibly loud background noise.

Mewn
Sep 11, 2006, 04:46 AM
The 'neon' stuff is your Shield Line, it's not equipped when you first start Extra Mode, nothing is - no weapons, Shield Lines, and no items on your action palette.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 11, 2006, 07:49 AM
I lose some sound effects sometime, usually in window mode. Annoying.