PDA

View Full Version : Loot system

Miller
Sep 11, 2006, 07:20 AM
I apolgize if the is/was a guide or forum post on this but I'm at work and can't find any infomation.

Is there a loot system in PSO (such as N beforeG from WoW) or is it still the unfair who gets the box first syste from PSO?

Cross
Sep 11, 2006, 07:22 AM
There's a thread about that right here on the first page (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=118828&forum=20&34).

In short, you can choose to use the PSO method or use random distribution, and you can set seperate options for Rares and non-Rares. Meseta is always PSO-style, though.

DarkShadowX
Sep 11, 2006, 07:22 AM
Look here http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=118828&forum=20&34

SephYuyX
Sep 11, 2006, 07:48 AM
First come, first serve I say.

'YUS I found teh ubar rare' *picks up* *item goes randomly to another person* 'WTF!? I picked that shit up and it went to some afk guy and he just D/Cd with it!'

I liked PSO for the fact that you had to be up front and fighting your hardest to get a rare. I dont think I will be playing with groups that set to random.

Hell, Ill be playing solo for the most part anyway, more rares for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-09-11 05:49 ]</font>

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 02:24 PM
I liked PSO for the fact that you had to be up front and fighting your hardest to get a rare. I dont think I will be playing with groups that set to random.

I've already said this in the other topic but it's worth saying again here. That is very unfair for rangers, and it favours hunters too much. Players should not be punished just for using a long-range playstyle, especially since 1 (arguably 2) of the 3 classes are supposed to fight from a distance. As a ranger, I refuse to play in parties that use the unfair 1st come 1st serve system. Sure, when you pick up a a rare you probably won't get it, but there will be lots of times when someone else picks up a rare and it gets distributed to you. If you think the 1st come 1st serve system is fair you're a moron.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-09-11 12:26 ]</font>

Marik
Sep 11, 2006, 03:04 PM
I agree, my RAmarl missed out on alot of rares since all the HUcasts and HUmars were always near the enemies.

Saner
Sep 11, 2006, 03:15 PM
well Hunters always put their lives on the line more often than the cheapy rangers who poke things from a mile away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Authenticate
Sep 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
You know what? As far as I'm concerned, a hunter's only reward for "putting his/her life on the line" should be the flashy moves. In all parties I make random distribution will be on. If anyone has a problem with that, they can find another team. I won't ditch someone else's party just because they don't use random, but I will ditch at the first sign of a loot whore. You know what kind of people I'm talking about; The Crate Blitzers, the Won't Tell What Rare He Just Found Dude, the Steals My Red Saber when I die and DC (on Dreamcast anyway).

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 03:49 PM
well Hunters always put their lives on the line more often than the cheapy rangers who poke things from a mile away.

And you think this is a good enough reason for rangers to get screwed for items? By your logic we should all just forget about rangers and forces, and everyone should use a hunter.

I play rangers because they are more realistic. If I had to fight alien monsters in real life I don't know about the rest of you but I'd want to keep my distance and use a gun instead of running up to them with a sword and getting killed. There's a good reason why we don't give our real-life soldiers oversized buster swords and katanas and instead hook them up with long-range weaponry.

Chris28
Sep 11, 2006, 04:04 PM
There's nothing wrong with a ranger or force standing right next to the hunter and picking up a rare when it drops. That's what i did! =)

Flamingo99
Sep 11, 2006, 04:05 PM
As long as the game distributes the rares evenly, then I couldn't care less. If the same person continually gets all the rare crap... then that would be really frustrating. But aside from that, I have a question. Do the rares (if they are split up evenly) get distributed depending on what class you are? Lets say theres a force in the group, and a rare cane drops. Will the force have a higher chance of getting the rare cane as opposed to a hunter or ranger?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-11 14:06 ]</font>

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 04:13 PM
There's nothing wrong with a ranger or force standing right next to the hunter and picking up a rare when it drops. That's what i did!

Actually there is something wrong with that. A ranger or force should not be forced to charge into the fray or adopt a melee-oriented playstyle just to get their fair share of rares. Players should able to fight from a distance without getting screwed.

Sessilu
Sep 11, 2006, 04:23 PM
Not only that, but sometimes due to lag, and this happened to Psobb in me a lot, I destroy the monster, going to pick my rare, when on a flash one of my teammates gets it and just bloats on how he got it.

I think it's pretty darn fair the random distribution, don't forget people that will pick up rares may get to you as well.

I lost many of my rares this way, so no "first come first served" rule will fit for me.

Kimil
Sep 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
I dunno what it is, but using the word 'loot' when we're talking about PSU really pisses me off

I just hate WoW termanoligy Dripping into PSU, Fuck that

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 04:48 PM
Moot!

Arrow203
Sep 11, 2006, 04:49 PM
heh... i never played wow, and i'm going to even regret saying this but it would make things alot better, why not have a system somewhat like FFXI where you could lot on the actual items? IMO that would be as fair as anything.

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 04:53 PM
I thought thats what we were discussing.
!Estoy confudido!

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 11, 2006, 05:04 PM
I don't mind the first come first serve, but then again, I'm primarily a Hunter, and if I see something I don't need that Rangers or Forces could use, I'll give it to them. but I wouldn't mind if someone wanted random distribution, if you want it that way, then I won't mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-11 15:05 ]</font>

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
Of course a Hunter player doesn't mind the 1st come 1st serve system, and unfortunately not all Hunters are cool enough to give away the ranger and force rares that drop. Most would just keep it for secondary characters or members of their guild or sell it etc.