PDA

View Full Version : Longevity

Sleet_v2
Sep 11, 2006, 12:04 PM
I am worried about the Longevity of this game. Is it going to get repetitive in two months like PSO did? I mean for instance, there are 4 maps, and you just play each map on harder settings over and over... What are some things that will keep this game interesting for months to come? THanks

zandra117
Sep 11, 2006, 12:06 PM
New update every week.
In pso we had a new update every month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-11 10:07 ]</font>

SephYuyX
Sep 11, 2006, 12:23 PM
On 2006-09-11 10:06, zandra117 wrote:
In pso we had a new update every month.

Did you play the same PSO I did?

I think I saw one, maybe 2 updates in my PSO career, and they were some of those dumb quests that yielded nothing.

Unfortunately I see PSU going the same way, and will be just a game that kills time when there is nothing else to do. But hey, thats why im buying it and thats why I have played PSO.

loblin
Sep 11, 2006, 12:44 PM
Sephirot, I'm not 100% sure but I think he's talking about PSO:BB. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I didn't play it, but I've heard there were some updates. But maybe I'm wrong? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

zandra117
Sep 11, 2006, 01:28 PM
I played psox and there was a new update every month with new quests (im not talking about holidays) up untill christmas of 2005 when all updates stopped.

People just never really noticed because.

A. they never stopped to look at the info board when they logged in.

B. They never stopped playing TTF to notice anything new.

Ryna
Sep 11, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-09-11 10:04, Sleet_v2 wrote:
I am worried about the Longevity of this game. Is it going to get repetitive in two months like PSO did?

The answer to this question will depend on the person that is playing the game. For the moment, let's just limit the discussion to Network Mode. For online gameplay, the two biggest aspects of the game will be social interaction and the combat engine. Do you have a bunch of friends that are going to stick around two months after launch? Do you like the fighting system in PSU?

In terms of content, Takao Miyoshi has said in interview that they have a multi-year plan for releasing stuff. When the game is released, most of it (missions, weapons, etc...) will be locked for Online Mode. It will be released gradually.

Unlike PSO, meseta is fairly hard to come by in Network Mode. You are going to have to grind a lot to build up any substantial fortune. At low levels, you'll struggle to gather enough to buy decent weapons and Photon Arts.

So, the game's longevitiy will vary from person-to-person.

Emrald
Sep 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
Ryna you have a way with words

Ryna is right it is just a matter of point of view....are you someone who actually likes to play for content and a good story(such as myeself) or are you just some powerleveler?

Bluecowbank
Sep 11, 2006, 08:58 PM
The man is asking a question, how many levels are there gunna be? because ya I played PSO, and the max of 4 levels was BS, it was repetitive on the brink of insanity lol, this game looks like it might have ALOT, 3 planets, how many levels per planet? there was 2 updates that I never got, so I dunno what this update per month bunk is, but ya, my question is JUST HOW BIG IS IT??? lol, need to know, I'm looking forward to this, and even though I can handle disapointment pretty well, even my septic system overflows sometimes lol :3 =P