PDA

View Full Version : current highest level of those playing online...

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 02:04 PM
I just wanted to know what level you guys have reached since the game came out about a week or so ago. I just hope that it will take a little while (two months or so) for ppl to hit level 50. If people are capable of achieving level 50 in a matter of weeks, than I do hope that ST increases the level cap soooooooon.

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 02:10 PM
I've seen 40s online last night, I wouldn't be surprised if there were soem 50s already

Ryna
Sep 11, 2006, 02:11 PM
Watashiwa took a screenshot of someone that was level 43. That was a couple of days ago. They'll probably get to level 50 pretty soon. However, that person is obviously a power-leveler. Most people I see are in the late teens/early twenties.

Even if you get to 50, maxing out your Job Points is going to take a while.

loblin
Sep 11, 2006, 02:20 PM
My guess is that 100 will be the absolut max level. I mean, if it takes about 2 weeks to get to level 50 if you power level, imagine how long it would take to get to 200. So I think 100 is a reasonable absolut max level. Dunno if it's official, and if it is, then I apologize. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And the level 50 cap is probably because they wanna unlock stuff every week or something else. I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe they don't want the japanese people to be level 100 before it's even released in US?

Kaply
Sep 11, 2006, 02:20 PM
Someone told me that online max job level is 10...

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 02:27 PM
Actually the servers were reset and didn't go back up until last wednesday, so its probably very possible to get 50 in under a week.. if you play 20 hours a day

Flamingo99
Sep 11, 2006, 02:27 PM
maybe they didn't want people to get to level 100, and then have their stuff wiped (Is this going to happen or did it already happen?).

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif *cries* NOOOOO... oh well. is job level max really only 10? because if you think about it, if the game caps us that soon, than they will also cap rares too. It would not make sense to throw all kinds of rares at us, if we can use all high level weps and gear in a couple of weeks... I really hope ST has an ace up their sleeve for this one.

Ryna
Sep 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-09-11 12:29, Ryoga4523 wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif *cries* NOOOOO... oh well. is job level max really only 10? because if you think about it, if the game caps us that soon, than they will also cap rares too. It would not make sense to throw all kinds of rares at us, if we can use all high level weps and gear in a couple of weeks... I really hope ST has an ace up their sleeve for this one.

Getting to Level 10 takes a while. Most of the online missions give small amounts of Job experience. Besides, I believe the Expert job types open up after that. Leveling them up will require additional fighting.

Vanner
Sep 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
anyone above 30 should be killed for grinding http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 03:38 PM
Oh yeah huh... I forgot about expert classes. ^_^

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 04:02 PM
Expert class? What does that mean?

Valkayree
Sep 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-09-11 12:20, loblin wrote:
My guess is that 100 will be the absolut max level. I mean, if it takes about 2 weeks to get to level 50 if you power level, imagine how long it would take to get to 200. So I think 100 is a reasonable absolut max level. Dunno if it's official, and if it is, then I apologize. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And the level 50 cap is probably because they wanna unlock stuff every week or something else. I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe they don't want the japanese people to be level 100 before it's even released in US?

Lol. Level 1-50 isn't as hard as 50-100. Thing is, getting from 49 to 50 probably requires about a one hundredth of the time and experience required to get from level 99 to 100, approximately. So once you get to level 170 or so, expect to gain a level per 2 days if you play nonstop. I completely expect kids with no jobs , no girlfriend, no school, and infinite mommy's food hopped up on Cola to get to 50 in a few weeks, it's feasible. However 50-100, different story.

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 04:37 PM
[/quote]

Lol. I completely expect kids with no jobs , no girlfriend, no school, no life whatsoever and infinite mommy's food hopped up on Cola to get to 50 in a few weeks, it's feasible. However 50-100, different story.

[/quote]
Hey they'll still get up and go to the bathroom...maybe

Cry0
Sep 11, 2006, 04:40 PM
500 hours of play for a max level should be the minimum target, imo, for non-grinders.

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 05:35 PM
I hope ST will make the max level at least 100 in the next couple of months

Miphesto
Sep 11, 2006, 06:12 PM
lol i dont...i can only play a couple hours a day...keep the hardcore guys at bay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Deprimenthia
Sep 11, 2006, 06:26 PM
Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, a person cant get a girlfriend because well...Their looks arent good? Just a thought.

Anyways. Ill be playing a lot, but Im not going just for the leveling. I want to enjoy the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GaijinPUnch
Sep 11, 2006, 06:40 PM
I hit level 23 this morning... and I've done a sizeable amount of soloing in easy areas to get money. I think my playtime is around 27 hours, for those that care.

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 06:47 PM
I wont be playing that much, I just do not want a bunch of ppl running around with maxed out characters, while I am still running around at level 15...

jstroh
Sep 11, 2006, 09:15 PM
Saw a 50 just now.

Eclypse
Sep 11, 2006, 10:05 PM
On 2006-09-11 16:26, Deprimenthia wrote:
Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, a person cant get a girlfriend because well...Their looks arent good? Just a thought.

That's a poor excuse because I know plenty of hot women with busted boyfriends, and I have some friends that are busted that have some lovely girlfriends.

The people that want to play for 20 hours a day just need to get a life.

Deprimenthia
Sep 11, 2006, 10:07 PM
Eclypse. Why do they NEED to get a life? Damn, if I could, Id rather absorb myself in a game for 10 to 20 hours a day instead of dealing with all the drama and angst that is teenage life.

Eclypse
Sep 11, 2006, 10:14 PM
Playing a game for 20 hours just to avoid this supposed angst you mention is a terrible in my opinion. I've pulled all nighters before, but there is no way I would do it constantly like a majority of the board members.

I think there are people that would rather play this game over being with a beautiful woman, etc. I'm not knocking what some people do, but in my opinion it isn't healthy.

Deprimenthia
Sep 11, 2006, 10:20 PM
I suppose. But angst is not, either. It is idiotic, and unaovoidable.

But anyways, you really think they spend that much time playing the game? I know a lot of the older members have jobs, so they cant play 20 hours. Haha. 20 hours would also make the game boring a lot faster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 10:26 PM
Wow did this get somewhat off topic a bit... I am not here to judge ppl. If you want to play this game 15-20 hours a day that is awesome, the same goes for ppl who want to play for only 30 mins a day. I just wanted to know what the level caps would be, and if they would ever increase... Just balance your life is all. Too much of anything is always a bad thing. And Deprimenthia, I know that teenage life seems tough now, but wait until your older... because it gets a lot harder.

Alisha
Sep 11, 2006, 10:33 PM
this topic is made of fail and lose. if someone is level 30+ tip your hat instead of being jealous.

watashiwa
Sep 11, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-09-11 20:26, Ryoga4523 wrote:
I know that teenage life seems tough now, but wait until your older... because it gets a lot harder.

You should have said it gets easier... because true emo teens will do what that MySpace kid did... *finger across neck*

Eclypse
Sep 11, 2006, 10:34 PM
Life doesn't get harder as you get older............things balance themself out. You have just as much to worry about when you young as you do when you're older. Now that I'm 26 I have different things to worry about than I did when I was 18, but nonetheless I still have things that I worried about at both ages.

As for someone that plays for 20 hours, I was just using that as an example. I know that most don't play for that long, but I'm sure there are a group out there that does play for that long.

Eclypse
Sep 11, 2006, 10:36 PM
I keep seeing people say emo this and emo that..........what in gods name is emo?

Natrokos
Sep 11, 2006, 10:37 PM
If the cap is 50 and they don't push it up at all you can imagine it will be alot harder to lvl up then PSO was.

Alisha
Sep 11, 2006, 10:41 PM
emo is basically goth hence people calling dark knights in ffxi emo.
emo is generally looked down upon.

i definately know i could not play anything 20 hours a day. though during the height of my various game addictions i was easily playing 12 hours a day. but i think the last time i did that was back on ver1 now it would be more likely to be 7-8

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-09-11 20:43 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 10:41 PM
/wrists

Deprimenthia
Sep 11, 2006, 10:45 PM
*sigh* Yet again, people's perception of the word emo is controlled by trendy idiots and MTV.

Emo is nothing more than a type of music. Emotive Hardcore. Bands like Embrace and Rites of Spring were real Emo. My Chemical Romance and Hawthorne Heights ARENT Emo.

Jesus Christ. Emo = Goth? Rofl. You probably mean MALLgoth, which is a hot topic obsessed person who thinks KoRn are Goth.

-_- This is why people annoy me. They think they know stuff, but dont have additional info other than popular belief to back it up.

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
...geez...sorry?

Natrokos
Sep 11, 2006, 10:49 PM
Who cares about emo this isn't the topic for that..... I thought the job level went to 20? anyone have a link to prove what job level goes up to?

Deprimenthia
Sep 11, 2006, 10:50 PM
Haha. Its okay. Its just a big pet peeve of mine. Im sorry too. This has went WAY off topic =

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-09-11 20:34, Eclypse wrote:
Life doesn't get harder as you get older............things balance themself out. You have just as much to worry about when you young as you do when you're older. Now that I'm 26 I have different things to worry about than I did when I was 18, but nonetheless I still have things that I worried about at both ages.

As for someone that plays for 20 hours, I was just using that as an example. I know that most don't play for that long, but I'm sure there are a group out there that does play for that long.

That probably makes sense at first... but when you think about it, doing homework, wondering if Stacey from History class likes me, and what I am going to do for proml; are hardly things worth worrying about compared to mortgage, feeding children, car notes, advancing in your career/profession. The problem is that teens think that it is the end of the world when they have to wear the same clothes their sophomore year as their junior year (just using an example). I wish I could go back to being a worry free teenager. But I would not be wonderfully married and enjoying life as I am now... Just my two cents

Deprimenthia
Sep 11, 2006, 10:59 PM
It depends on the individual. Im still young, but I am constantly worrying. I actually have values already. I am capable of critical thinking. I have beliefs. So yeah, I have a lot of knowledge for my age. Which makes me think that ignorance really is bliss. But thats an entirely different topic on its own.

ANYWAYS. Off topic again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chaobo99
Sep 11, 2006, 11:09 PM
ok people lets get back on topic (^_^)

Anyways. I dont really know..I think they will increase the lv. cap ASAP, mostly when a high majority(85% vs 15%) of the people are at lvl 50...

Ryoga4523
Sep 11, 2006, 11:16 PM
Chaobo99 I would pay you if your information was correct http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hypersaxon
Sep 12, 2006, 12:12 AM
On 2006-09-11 14:02, TheStoicOne wrote:
Expert class? What does that mean?

Okay, where have you people been?!

Expert Classes are additional class options that are unlocked later in the game. They are as follows:

Figunner (fighter + gunner) Hunter + Ranger Able to use both melee weapons and ranged weapons.

Guntechter (gunner + tech-caster) Ranger + Force Able use ranged weapons as well as cast techniques.

Wartechter (warrior + tech-caster) Force + Hunter Able to cast techniques as well as use melee weapons.

Fortefighter (pure hunter) -- A pure fighter. Has excellent ATP and DFP, but lack in the number of weapons they can use.

Fortegunner (pure ranger) -- A pure gunner. Has excellent ATP and ATA, but lack in the number of weapons they can use.

Fortetechser (pure force) -- A pure technique-caster. Can use all techniques and is well-versed in the use of all tech-casting weapons. Has low DFP, however.

Protranser -- An expert trap-setter. Able to use all traps including those of much greater power than normal.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 12, 2006, 12:27 AM
Life doesn't get harder as you get older............things balance themself out.

Pass the bong please. Say such things when you have a wife, mortgage, and heaven forbid, a kid. I'm not saying it's not challenging being a teenager.... but I should. Ah, what the hell. It's a SNAP being a teenager. What are your major worries? Where you will get $10 for gas and weed? If you'll ever get a handjob from that skanky ho in your class? What a freakin' utopia it is to be a teenager. College student is somewhat challenging b/c you actually have to use your brain. Flunking out will also have somewhat of a negative impact on your life as a whole. But it's not like you've got a family to support or anything.

I've had it relatively easy my adult life, but it wasn't always that way. I had to borrow money several times my first few years out of college. I also got laid off on Xmas Eve one year, when my wife wasn't working. What a Merry Xmas that was. There's a challenge you won't experience at 17, and proabably not 26. Go home drunk on Xmas Eve and explain to your wife why there will be no presents that year.

EDIT:
26 is probably the easiest year there is assuming your single. You've got enough experience to start making some cash, but nobody really takes you seriously, so you can do whatever you want.

back on topic:

Anyways. I dont really know..I think they will increase the lv. cap ASAP, mostly when a high majority(85% vs 15%) of the people are at lvl 50...

I don't think they're going to do jack until they get the server issues sorted out, which don't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon (unfortunately).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-11 22:30 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 12, 2006, 12:41 AM
Of all the emo I've seen online, Deprimentia over there is only the second I've seen who actually sees emo as a music form and looks down upon My Chemical Romance and Hot Topic mallgoth (or the only one if he's the same emo I saw in Monster Hunter). Say, is wristcutting also one of those stupid trend-emo things that is totally not done by true emo who only view it as music? (Yeah, I'm already assuming that what he is is true emo...it just seems more right than the wrist-slitting stereotype.)

Deprimenthia
Sep 12, 2006, 01:19 AM
Wrist-cutting is done by whoever. Not by any sub culture bullshit group. Most fake "emos" do it to get attention from their fellow trendy peers.

But there are a lot of Black Metal bands who promote self destruction as well. Such as Shining and Xasthur.

And about me being a real emo, as in I like Emo music... Im just a music fan in general. I can guarantee you I know more than most about most music genres. I love Metal,and all its subgenres. Hardcore, and all its subgenres (Including Emo, and especially Emo's subgenre Screamo). Industrial, Dreampop, Post-rock, Drone, and a lot more. But yeah, to answer your question I love REAL emo music. Its great.

And people who tend to view all teenagers as kids who go around having sex all the time, I get where youre coming from, but don't stereotype so broadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zarbolord
Sep 12, 2006, 01:27 AM
O_o????
This is getting confusing, if you want to talk about emoism (lol) just go on the off-topic forum or PM yourselves.
The new extension will be comming out, I think that that will enhance our max capabilities. Each extention will laso probably bring new places (maybe even new planets O.O). Or it's just my delirium? Whatever...

Ryoga4523
Sep 12, 2006, 01:34 AM
I had no idea that there were that many different versions of that kind of music. but all I can say is people who cut themselves to deter their real life pain should go help out poverty stricken people or the homeless, like women who have kids with no child support from there worthless husbands/boyfriends/babies daddy. At least then they can see that their lives are not as bad as they think they are. Kids these days are so out of tune with reality, when I was a kid my parents used to take me around the really bad places in the city (I say really bad because we were already in the bad parts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) and show us how others are living, and to respect everyone in all walks of life. Kids nowadays lack the respect that was has all but been forgotten...

Deprimenthia
Sep 12, 2006, 01:45 AM
Haha. In most Suicidal Black Metal band's cases, its not the fact their life is "bad". They just dont want to live in this world for some reason.

Most BM bands have members that are 20 to 50 years old, too. So yeah...its not just angst.

But yeah, they understand people have worse lives than them. They just dont want to live for some reason or another.

Its just how you look at life. Dont look too much into it if you dont agree with it, I suppose.

Natrokos
Sep 12, 2006, 02:37 AM
I love music guys, music is my biggest passion. I even play for fun in a lo-fi garage band (that isn't going anywhere, i'm not really bragging.) And this isn't out of disrespect, I just want to talk about level caps and the general system of levelling that is going to be implemented in PSU. Can we please stay on topic?

Tetsuro
Sep 12, 2006, 02:41 AM
Please guys move this topic somewhere else.

RoboKy
Sep 12, 2006, 10:17 AM
Anyone know what's the good % exp to lv per hour is for lv 30s and up? I mean are we talking 5% an hour is good at around lv 40?

Axel3792
Sep 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
On 2006-09-11 20:05, Eclypse wrote:
The people that want to play for 20 hours a day just need to get a life.

On 2006-09-11 20:07, Deprimenthia wrote:
Eclypse. Why do they NEED to get a life? Damn, if I could, Id rather absorb myself in a game for 10 to 20 hours a day instead of dealing with all the drama and angst that is teenage life.

What is this, the Breakfast Club?

Eclypse's point has been proven.

drmcst45
Sep 12, 2006, 10:56 AM
HahA
when the hell did PSO-world become EMO?!

Axel3792
Sep 12, 2006, 12:01 PM
On 2006-09-12 08:56, drmcst45 wrote:
HahA
when the hell did PSO-world become EMO?!

That's what I'm wondering >.<

This has gotten so off-topic lmao