PDA

View Full Version : Twin Mechguns

AngelLight
Sep 11, 2006, 02:32 PM
Are there twin mechgun sets in the game, in the same vein as there are twin handguns sets or are you only able to just have separate mechguns in each hand?

Thanks in advance

Ryna
Sep 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
You can only use the Machine Gun in your left hand. There is no "Twin Machine Gun" item type.

Alisha
Sep 11, 2006, 02:43 PM
Ryna please move the search button to the top of the forums then maybee people would actually use it and cut down on duplicate topics -_-

Polly
Sep 11, 2006, 02:50 PM
But the search function is balls :x Good luck finding anything with it.

Ryna
Sep 11, 2006, 02:54 PM
On 2006-09-11 12:50, Triela wrote:
But the search function is balls http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Good luck finding anything with it.

I plan on looking over the forum's search code sometime in the near future to see if it can be improved. If there are specific features you want to see or care to point out specific problems, create a Site Related topic and post your thoughts there.

Saner
Sep 11, 2006, 03:19 PM
twin mechgun with this style would be too much. it would drain ammo faster than twin handguns.

its rate of fire now is already faster than PSO Twin mechguns combined. the PSU mechgun is good enough as it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

Authenticate
Sep 11, 2006, 03:39 PM
But I wanna have like 20 pairs of double mechguns and use them all up before the level is even halfover...

Valkayree
Sep 11, 2006, 04:04 PM
That's really interesting. Some pics I saw earlier today show three different types of basic mechgun(S), both identical, one held in each hand, being fired as similar to the dual mechguns in PSO. So let me get this straight... Dual Handguns ok, a mechgun and a sword ok, a sword and a handgun ok, but no mechgun+mechgun or dual mechguns? Is that because of the PP factor, or are they really trying to shy rangers away from the mechguns?

Nilot
Sep 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
Prolly the shying ranger thing, on PSO all the rangers, even some hunters spammed mech guns, it was pretty lame

Fleece
Sep 11, 2006, 06:23 PM
I reckon if they do have them theyll be unlockable online at some point.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 11, 2006, 06:42 PM
I plan on looking over the forum's search code sometime in the near future

Isn't this PHPBB? Shouldn't be much to look over. Just set it to the default.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 12, 2006, 01:54 AM
On 2006-09-11 13:19, Saner wrote:
twin mechgun with this style would be too much. it would drain ammo faster than twin handguns.

its rate of fire now is already faster than PSO Twin mechguns combined. the PSU mechgun is good enough as it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

But twice the ammo consumption is balanced out by twice the ammo storage.

EDIT: *eats the ice cream*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2006-09-11 23:55 ]</font>

ANIMEniac
Sep 12, 2006, 02:00 AM
do u know how much that weap would dominate! now i can see bringin in a rare like guild milla, when used together they have a dual mach property, but to have it as just anothe weapon set would be devistating...

Valkayree
Sep 12, 2006, 10:12 AM
On 2006-09-11 14:26, Nilot wrote:
Prolly the shying ranger thing, on PSO all the rangers, even some hunters spammed mech guns, it was pretty lame

Well there wasn't really any better ranger weapon than S-Rank mechguns gained from challenge mode equipped with a nice zalure lvl 40 effect, imo, but guld-millas came close. The samba maracas from offline challenge mode multiplayer (ran it with 4 friends) were nice and probably were the fastest mechguns out, albeit not very powerful. Mechguns had their use, but weren't overpowered imo. Challenge mode I never used mechguns. The only time mechguns were good was when you happened to find them with realtively high hit %.

AngelLight
Sep 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
just my opinion but personally I always felt Yas 9ks were the best mechguns after challange mode ones of course that were buffed. 9ks had rifle range and near rifle type power and accuracy with the nice speed benefit and "bullet spray" that made high tier mechguns awesome. But alas it looks like they did want to nerf that.....unless they upped a single mechgun's dmg potential or raised their accuracy from PSO dual ones.

Any thoughts on that? (doubt there's been time enough for the high range mechgun rares to surface, but who knows)

Alisha
Sep 12, 2006, 11:22 AM
dont mechguns have a cone effect now? plus im pretty ure you can hold the button down.

what world were you living in that you dont think mechguns were unbalanced?

why the hell would you put zalure on mechs? i had zalure on srank shot and used charge vulcans purchased from a shop with 40% hit lol

Kaply
Sep 12, 2006, 11:26 AM
No cone effect in PSU, and it's not that you can hold the button down, it's that you HAVE to hold the button down. In other words it's sort of hard to make it shoot a single shot quickly with it.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 12, 2006, 11:35 AM
it that becausee of the warm up the weapon has before it fires? from the sound of it the mechgun seems much better suited for the off hand, as opposed to dual wield like PSO.

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 12:06 PM
I think people are failing to understand the change in mechguns. Dual handguns are basically what mechguns used to be. While on the other hand, the new mechgun is its whole new thing. Dual mechguns probably wouldn't be as good as the single mechgun is.

People have this misconception that "Mechguns fire real fast, that must mean they run out of PP real fast". But thats not true at all. Mechguns actually have really low PP usage and really high PP recovery. We're talking 3-4 PP per shot and recovering 8-10 PP per tick. It basically equals out to the fact that as long as you use the weapon in your other hand, the saber / dagger / whatever, then the overall PP on your mechgun will barely be going down, if at all. They have rather low damage output, but they're good for tagging and spraying status effects. Also for getting some extra damage in while you back out of melee range or move into melee range.

While on the other hand you have something like dual handguns which have huge damage output (probably highest of the guns), pretty high attack speed and status effect chance, BUT run out of PP in like 30 seconds. To compare, they use up like 8-10 PP per shot, while only gaining about 3 PP per tick. I think it would be pretty safe to say that the dual mechguns of PSO were just changed to dual handguns in PSU so you can't hold down the fire button to shoot with them.

That's really interesting. Some pics I saw earlier today show three different types of basic mechgun(S), both identical, one held in each hand, being fired as similar to the dual mechguns in PSO. So let me get this straight... Dual Handguns ok, a mechgun and a sword ok, a sword and a handgun ok, but no mechgun+mechgun or dual mechguns? Is that because of the PP factor, or are they really trying to shy rangers away from the mechguns?
Those are the dual handguns, they fire basically the same as the dual mechguns in PSO, at compareable speeds too. Many of the handguns also look kind of like they would be mechguns.

But twice the ammo consumption is balanced out by twice the ammo storage.
Just because you have 2 doesn't mean "twice" the ammo consumption or "twice" the ammo storage.

Valkayree
Sep 12, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-09-12 09:22, Alisha wrote:

why the hell would you put zalure on mechs? i had zalure on srank shot and used charge vulcans purchased from a shop with 40% hit lol

For bosses and informal PvP battles. Yeah charge vulcans are ok if you are a duper and have the meseta. So is the vjaya. For the mechs I used Special+strong+strong. I tried to have it where I didn't have too many items in my inventory that were not equipped. I could not carry around unequipped items because if I caught a blue screen of death on PSOX I would log back in and found that I lost every item in my inventory that was not equipped. So the mechguns with zalure were a good all around weapon so that I would not have to switch. By the way, in informal PvP, (everyone enters forest 1 and PvP informally) no force can remove a lvl 40 zalure, only a sol atomizer can. A s-rank shot with zalure is useless on dark fallz, olga flow, gal griffon, and the dragons. That's why I put zalure on mechguns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-12 10:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-12 10:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-12 10:23 ]</font>

Valkayree
Sep 12, 2006, 12:19 PM
On 2006-09-12 10:06, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Those are the dual handguns, they fire basically the same as the dual mechguns in PSO, at compareable speeds too. Many of the handguns also look kind of like they would be mechguns.

Thank you Itsuki-chan for pointing that out and clearing that up for me. They look very similar to PSO mechguns, so it was hard to tell without playing the game ^_^

Valkayree
Sep 12, 2006, 12:29 PM
On 2006-09-12 08:33, AngelLight wrote:
just my opinion but personally I always felt Yas 9ks were the best mechguns after challange mode ones of course that were buffed. 9ks had rifle range and near rifle type power and accuracy with the nice speed benefit and "bullet spray" that made high tier mechguns awesome. But alas it looks like they did want to nerf that.....unless they upped a single mechgun's dmg potential or raised their accuracy from PSO dual ones.

Any thoughts on that? (doubt there's been time enough for the high range mechgun rares to surface, but who knows)

Oh yeah forgot about the yas. Damn right those were awesome. Great range for mechguns (one of the longest I believe, even longer than guld-millas). Plus the sound was authentic, good stuff. Although the guld-millas were a little stronger...

Alisha
Sep 12, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-09-12 10:15, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-09-12 09:22, Alisha wrote:

For bosses and informal PvP battles. Yeah charge vulcans are ok if you are a duper and have the meseta. So is the vjaya. For the mechs I used Special+strong+strong. I tried to have it where I didn't have too many items in my inventory that were not equipped. I could not carry around unequipped items because if I caught a blue screen of death on PSOX I would log back in and found that I lost every item in my inventory that was not equipped. So the mechguns with zalure were a good all around weapon so that I would not have to switch. By the way, in informal PvP, (everyone enters forest 1 and PvP informally) no force can remove a lvl 40 zalure, only a sol atomizer can. A s-rank shot with zalure is useless on dark fallz, olga flow, gal griffon, and the dragons. That's why I put zalure on mechguns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-12 10:19 ]</font>

you didnt need to be a duper to support a charge vulcan 200 mesaeta per shot was nothing in pso

Ruby-chan
Sep 13, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-09-11 12:34, Ryna wrote:
You can only use the Machine Gun in your left hand. There is no "Twin Machine Gun" item type.

As you can see.. I've been here quite a while.. and I can say that I do not remember where the search function even is.