PDA

View Full Version : PSU: About Expert Classes

EB_Nall
Sep 11, 2006, 03:29 PM
What are they exactly? Are they somesort of special status? Can you interchange them like regular jobs? What the hey?

RoninJoku
Sep 11, 2006, 05:26 PM
They are completely separate from the normal classes, and are basically like combinations of the basic classes so you can use abilities and weapons of both.

For example:

HU+FO
HU+RA
HU+HU

The later choice gives you a class that excels toward the classes specialty even further than the basic form of that class.

It's not known how to unlock expert classes yet.

Tetsuro
Sep 11, 2006, 05:30 PM
Don't forget the the expert trap setter.

RoninJoku
Sep 11, 2006, 05:37 PM
You can read all about it here:
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Expert_Classes

Nilot
Sep 11, 2006, 07:48 PM
Trap setter! I wonder how many of those are around online anyway

Wubbie
Sep 11, 2006, 08:10 PM
No expert classes are online yet, Nilot... It's still Unknown how to unlock those classes.

Nilot
Sep 11, 2006, 08:31 PM
fer seriously? didn't know =x thx mysterious newman

Magician
Sep 25, 2006, 11:50 AM
Bump: Any news on this?

If not...

Well, to speculate, maybe to be an expert class you have to gain X amount of levels in those two classes. For example: Fortegunner. Perhaps you have to reach level 30 for both Force and Ranger classes? Maybe higher, 50? Chances are if nobody has unlocked this maybe it's being saved as a nice update down the road, perhaps when the level cap is raise to 100+?

Zarbolord
Sep 25, 2006, 11:53 AM
I still say it'sabout weapon ranks, but the other possibilities are of equal chance.

Kyuu
Sep 25, 2006, 12:45 PM
On 2006-09-25 09:50, Magician wrote:

If not...

Well, to speculate, maybe to be an expert class you have to gain X amount of levels in those two classes. For example: Fortegunner. Perhaps you have to reach level 30 for both Force and Ranger classes? Maybe higher, 50? Chances are if nobody has unlocked this maybe it's being saved as a nice update down the road, perhaps when the level cap is raise to 100+?
Well, first, Fortegunner is the extension of the Ranger class, not the combination of RA and FO. That's Guntecher. Second, as I've pointed out previously when this theory was posted, how would that work for the Fortefighter/gunner/techer classes? It seems unlikely to me that they'd make it easier, less time-consuming, and cheaper to get those classes and harder to get the ones that combine two of the classes. And what about Protranser? How would maxing any combination of the Jobs make sense for unlocking that class?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-25 10:46 ]</font>

mattdude
Sep 25, 2006, 01:03 PM
didnt know there was expert classes...Sweet!

Zarbolord
Sep 25, 2006, 01:05 PM
I wonder how it will evolve for the protranser type. What lvl weapons and PAs will he/she be able to use? What the heck does a protranser have that is soo special? O_o
everyone can use traps, the protranser uses better and more effective traps, but what special attacks do they have? are they gonna use special traps that do really cool effects, like petrify, or forever freeze or something? This sounds fishy...

Kupi
Sep 25, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-09-25 10:45, Kyuu wrote:

On 2006-09-25 09:50, Magician wrote:

If not...

Well, first, Fortegunner is the extension of the Ranger class, not the combination of RA and FO. That's Guntecher. Second, as I've pointed out previously when this theory was posted, how would that work for the Fortefighter/gunner/techer classes? It seems unlikely to me that they'd make it easier, less time-consuming, and cheaper to get those classes and harder to get the ones that combine two of the classes. And what about Protranser? How would maxing any combination of the Jobs make sense for unlocking that class?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-25 10:46 ]</font>

They might require that you acheive a higher level in the base class for one of the Forte-____ classes than for the combination classes. Say, get class level 20 in Hunter to gain access to Fortefighter, but level 15 in both Hunter and Force to unlock Wartecher. (I assume that class levels work on some form of exponential scale, so 20 levels in one is not the same amount of effort as 10 in one and 10 in another. 15 is just a placeholder number and it isn't really relevant in any case. Just wanted to clarify.) For Protranser... idle speculation, but I suspect that the Protranser is all three base classes put together, with the expanded trapping ability as a counter to not having any other sort of expertise.

Flamingo99
Sep 25, 2006, 03:08 PM
On 2006-09-11 18:31, Nilot wrote:
fer seriously? didn't know =x thx mysterious newman

we is being fo tru'

DONTOSE
Sep 25, 2006, 03:22 PM
I think only casts are able to become protransers because they were the only ones that were able to use traps in pso in the first place

Flamingo99
Sep 25, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-09-25 13:22, DONTOSE wrote:
I think only casts are able to become protransers because they were the only ones that were able to use traps in pso in the first place

Everyone can use traps now. Casts are no longer exempt from status effects that Humans and Newmans suffered either.

Kyuu
Sep 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-09-25 13:22, DONTOSE wrote:

Basing speculation on PSO isn't very trustworthy because, well, this isn't PSO. In this game, everyone can use traps, and casts can be Forces.

DONTOSE
Sep 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
I know but what about that class protranser its the only thing that I can think of that can use this class I mean casts were kind like experts in traps in pso so its only fair to give them a cast only class like protranser in psu

Kyuu
Sep 25, 2006, 03:36 PM
Wouldn't really be "fair," because there is no class that excludes Casts. So how would giving them their own exclusive class be fair?

DONTOSE
Sep 25, 2006, 03:44 PM
IT WOULD because they were the only ones that were able to use traps in pso in the first place and now every one can use it come on thats what made casts so different in pso

foamcup
Sep 25, 2006, 03:57 PM
PSO has nothing to do with PSU, just drop it.

Shrevn
Sep 25, 2006, 04:03 PM
^ True that