PDA

View Full Version : What weapon types will/do you carry?

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 04:08 PM
If you play the japanese version online, tell us your class and what weapon types you usually carry into battle with you, or if you're like me and you're waiting for the NA release tell us which weapons you plan on carrying in the 6 slots of your action palette.

I plan on using a ranger and filling my 6 slots like this:

Rifle
Shotgun (mostly for tagging)
Dual Handguns
Handgun/Sabre
Machine Gun/Dagger
Spear

Of course these will likely change once I've actually played the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Valkayree
Sep 11, 2006, 04:18 PM
Rifles and dual handguns, shotty for tagging. Looks like mechguns have been nerfed with the whole PP thing. As a side note Phaze, reading your sig. I find it hard to believe that you didn't level your ramarl a little more, they were so much better than ramar in a side by side comparison (Higher ATA notably)

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 11, 2006, 04:23 PM
my hunter will have Dual Sabers, Swords, Spears, and Dual Daggers, something to hit multiple enemies and something to do alot of damage fast.

b3n
Sep 11, 2006, 04:31 PM
My force is gona have a bow, a spear, and a staff. Then ill get some rare powerful weapons that i dont know about yet to use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: b3n on 2006-09-11 14:32 ]</font>

Axios-
Sep 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
After hearing about the PP supplies on guns, I think I'm gonna be doubling up on my guns, if possible. Maybe Rifle, Rifle, Shotgun, Shotgun, Mechgun/Saber, and something else. Likewise, it'll probably change.

McLaughlin
Sep 11, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-09-11 14:18, Valkayree wrote:
As a side note Phaze, reading your sig. I find it hard to believe that you didn't level your ramarl a little more, they were so much better than ramar in a side by side comparison (Higher ATA notably)

RAmars had the highest ATA in the game...

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 04:50 PM
Actually Valkayree, RAmars have higher ATA than RAmarls, as well as higher ATP. RAmarls are better for soloing, but I played almost exclusively online. I'm not a powergamer and I wasn't concerned about stats when I chose my characters, but I was happy to learn later on that my chosen class for my primary character had the best ATA in the game. I didn't start my RAmarl until very late, and the only reason I created her is because I realized that you can make a RAmarl look almost exactly like Leona from the King of Fighters series. I never intended to play her seriously. I chose RAmar as my main because I am a human male IRL and I wanted to use the character that was closest to me IRL. If I had to fight alien monsters IRL I'd much rather have a gun than a sword, that's why I chose to go ranger.

Sorry about the off-topicness.

TheStoicOne
Sep 11, 2006, 04:51 PM
all hanguns that scream "Come on!"

Phaze37
Sep 11, 2006, 04:52 PM
I saw a video of a handgun that did that, what's the deal with that? It's very annoying.

Wubbie
Sep 11, 2006, 04:52 PM
Good luck with that setup B3N...

My FOnewm - Wubbie - is and will continue to be setup as follows:

1. Rod - Fire Spells
2. Rod - Ice Spells
3. Rod - Earth Spells
4. Rod - Buff Spells
5. Rod - Misc Spells(depending on level, Dark/Light and such)
6. Longbow - Used for Tagging and having Funzor!

ulyoth
Sep 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
I have the JP version but im only playing through story mode and extra mode at the moment (Chapter 12 on story mode)
I use :
Handgun : Cane (resta and shifta)
Handgun (come on!): Saber
Sword
Spear
Twin sabers
Dbl saber type weapon (if only for the PA)

Parn
Sep 11, 2006, 05:27 PM
Currently using:

Slot 1 - Fists
Slot 2 - Dagger/Handgun
Slot 3 - Twin Sabers
Slot 4 - Spear

Right now, I have slots 5 and 6 empty. Single saber is "bleh" to me, as I just don't like the standard attack animation on it. Twin daggers feel odd to me, swords are a little too slow for my playstyle and come with a lackluster photon art right now, and the rest are not accessible yet. I wager I'll have double saber in there at some point when they get unveiled, and maybe a sword when we get access to a photon art that doesn't suck on it. We'll see.

Tetsuro
Sep 11, 2006, 05:28 PM
My hunter will carry:

Dual Claws
Knuckles
Saber and Handgun
Dual Daggers
Sword
Claw and Handgun

Tekershee
Sep 11, 2006, 05:38 PM
1. Wand
2. Wand
3. Wand
4. Wand
5. Wand
6. Rod

I might change some to Rods if I run out of space, but they're so slow I hate them.

SeAm-NiNjA
Sep 11, 2006, 05:57 PM
1.Spear
2.Sword hopefully zanba
3.Saber Handgun
4.Mechguns
I will probably not use the guns if you can make more than one char.

Polly
Sep 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
Human Hunter - Level 22

1 Handgun/Saber Combo
1 Spear
2 Sets of double Daggers
1 Handgun/Single Dagger combo
1 Set of double Sabers which I'll be ditching because I honestly don't like them at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-09-11 16:10 ]</font>

GaijinPUnch
Sep 11, 2006, 06:43 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the swords suck this time? Probably not, drawing assumptions from the lack of them in use.

Chaobo99
Sep 11, 2006, 09:13 PM
Im waiting for da NA release but in ,my mind, these will be my weps

War/Force/Newman or Human?
Lvl. 0
Weps:

Wand/Handgun(Offensive spells)
Wand/dagger? (status effect spells)
Rod(healing spells)
Rod(emergency offensive spells)
Rod(Support spells)
Bow

SandstormX
Sep 11, 2006, 10:19 PM
For my hunter I am planning on using the following:

Axes
Spears
Dual daggers
Handgun/saber combo
undecided what the others will be.

Dre_o
Sep 11, 2006, 11:17 PM
Main:

Twin Sabers (preferably Ice and/or Wind [If the rare gods shine on me that is])
Double Saber (preferably without a wacky little "dive" PA, more like a spin attack)

Handgun (again, ice): Saber (Wind if at all possible [again with the rares])

-Crokar-
Sep 11, 2006, 11:53 PM
nothing but dual claws ftw

DreamTonight
Sep 11, 2006, 11:54 PM
1. Gun - Saber
2. Spear
3. Sword
4. Twin Sabers

the other slots are still free. I'm not sure what to buy next.

Bluecowbank
Sep 11, 2006, 11:55 PM
Saber, Big sword, dagger, fists, claws, hand gun, spear, axe, Banana bomb and exploding sheep.

I like variety, I'm really chaotic, I'll probably go expert so i can use ranger weapons too! lol

Kimil
Sep 12, 2006, 12:01 AM
Kimil - Newm - FOHU

1. Dual Daggers - Fire
2. Dual Daggers - Light
3. Claw-Fire + Handgun-Light
4. Sword - Thunder
5. Sword - Light
6. Rod-healing - Handgun-ice

Eclypse
Sep 12, 2006, 12:03 AM
Straight daggers and double sabers/twin sabers. I would have stuck with mechs, but they've changed it so much from PSO, so I can't have my collection of rare mechs like I did on PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Losodo1976
Sep 12, 2006, 12:42 AM
Lots of Force stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 12, 2006, 01:21 AM
Handgun - Saber (Rising ZAAAAAN, Samurai Gunman!)
Shotgun
Shotgun
Cannon
Cannon
Rifle?

Valius
Sep 12, 2006, 01:35 AM
Dual Handguns all the way!

(Loooong time lurker, first time poster, howdy all!)

ANIMEniac
Sep 12, 2006, 02:06 AM
a giant can of whup-ass ^_^ side effects may include:
"YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT"

Tetsuro
Sep 12, 2006, 02:43 AM
It seems that not too many people are interested in claws, and having not played the game I have no idea what they are like, but want to use them. Can anyone tell me if they are any good?

SandstormX
Sep 12, 2006, 03:04 AM
Not many people list Axes either. Has anyone gotten to use an axe yet?? What kind of PA's do they have?

Natrokos
Sep 12, 2006, 03:11 AM
1. Dual Sabers
2. Dual Claws
3. Saber/Handgun
4. Dual Sabers (again)
After I am able to be a Wartechter I will use two staves and replace the saber/handgun with a bow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-09-12 01:16 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 12, 2006, 07:42 AM
Hunter:
Sword (hopefully Dragon Slayer!)
Dual Tenora Sabers
Handgun/saber (not sure of the makers combo yet)
Dual Tenora Handguns (if a hunter can use)
Sword (nice enemy weapon!)

Ranger:
Dual Tenora Handguns (or good dual rare if available)
GRM Rattlesnake Rifle (or nice rare or enemy weapon hopefully)
Shotgun
GRM mech gun/Saber
Spear

tank1
Sep 12, 2006, 07:45 AM
Ill use whatever gets the job done. Although ill be taking a "Laser Cannon" due to its awesomeness looks wise.

Valkayree
Sep 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
On 2006-09-12 08:00, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-09-11 14:49, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-09-11 14:18, Valkayree wrote:
As a side note Phaze, reading your sig. I find it hard to believe that you didn't level your ramarl a little more, they were so much better than ramar in a side by side comparison (Higher ATA notably)

RAmars had the highest ATA in the game...

Max ATA was higher, my cousin ran a 198 Ramar, I had a 187 ramarl and had higher ATA and EVA, or maybe it was my gear, I just know I looked over the max stats once online, wrote them all down and compared them and realized that Ramarl is slightly better overall (at max stats) than a ramar. Plus they get better techs I believe. Its been a few years since I played. Early on yeah Ramar is better, but I'm talking about when all is said and done. But highest ATA on a ranger overall belonged to the racast, however no techs kinda hurt.

Axel3792
Sep 12, 2006, 10:16 AM
I heard rumors that there was a scythe so probably that (if it does indeed exist) and probably twin sabers and/or a spear.

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 12:15 PM
in the beta, as a FOnewearl I used:
1) Rod
2) Rod
3) Wand/Handgun
4) Wand/Handgun
5) Bow
6) Bow (different element than first, generally)
The rods were set up with 2 level specific spells, then rabarta and resta on the alt button. And for some monsters, bow was more benefitial for me to use than techs. Mainly this was for the worms and other things where range + ice was good. Wand/handgun was for elemental bonus aswell as for when I was running low on PP since alternating the weapons I could still tag and help out a bit without spamming ra-spells and draining all my rods.

Offline story mode as a RA I've been using:
1) saber / mechgun
2) saber / mechgun
3) dualies
4) dualies
5) dualies
6) bow
(with 3 more sets of dualies on me spare, yes) The sabers generally had different PAs on them. And dualies run out of PP so fast offline. You only have like 1/4th the PP offline, so for dualies its basically whenever you need something dead fast and safely. Empty a pair, throw them to the side and use the next pair. Generally, all 6 end up empty and thats with them being recharged a few times. When I played RA online I was more of a Rifle kind of person, but offline, meseta is easy and damage per second is key. Online I wouldn't dream of using more than 1 or 2 pairs of dualies, they are great DPS, but they get real expensive real fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-09-12 10:22 ]</font>