PDA

View Full Version : question about the laser cannon.

Alisha
Sep 11, 2006, 06:48 PM
is it a 1 burst shot or is it one of those weapons where you can hold it down?

Edit:heres an image so you know what i'm talking about
http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up2876.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-09-11 16:49 ]</font>

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 06:59 PM
Ohh! Someone finally got one? I'm really curious to know how these work!

Unknown_PC
Sep 11, 2006, 07:02 PM
It's 1 burst shot and works similarly to barta/zonde as it hits multiple enemies in a straight line.

Miyoko
Sep 11, 2006, 07:13 PM
How's the damage output on them?

Authenticate
Sep 11, 2006, 07:40 PM
No 'splodyness or anything? How long does it take to get a shot off? Is it a constant beam or is it single burst beam?

Arrow203
Sep 11, 2006, 08:01 PM
Single Burst Beam, and you cant hold it down, i recommend only using it for when multiple (3+) enemies are in a line coming twards you, otherwise the recoil sux but the damage output is pretty decent.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 11, 2006, 08:33 PM
so its like a gun version of a spear or something?

Flwl3ssCowboy
Sep 11, 2006, 09:14 PM
appears so, in a way, though i dont see how it could be that useful, unless the beam has a "trail" effect that hangs around for a few seconds, damaging enemies that happen to wander into it

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 12, 2006, 12:51 AM
What enemies would actually wanna line up and die? This aint exactly Phantasy Star 1 we're looking at...

I sure hope there are rare Cannons that have a nice explodey boomy effect and some good damage output.

Zarbolord
Sep 12, 2006, 01:18 AM
I think the should give the explosive effect, like fire => explosion...

A2K
Sep 12, 2006, 03:15 AM
On 2006-09-11 22:51, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
What enemies would actually wanna line up and die? This aint exactly Phantasy Star 1 we're looking at...

I sure hope there are rare Cannons that have a nice explodey boomy effect and some good damage output.

A lot of enemies actually spawn in a line. And I imagine it wouldn't be TOO difficult to get in a position to hit at least two enemies in a row. Perhaps leveling up its photon arts will widen the beam ever so slightly.

In any case it's probably the Launcher type that will satisfy your need for explosive destruction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-12 03:49 ]</font>

tank1
Sep 12, 2006, 05:29 AM
Or you could just use the "Laser Cannon" Because it looks damn awesome.

Valkayree
Sep 12, 2006, 10:07 AM

If you ever used the Snow Queen in PSO to any effect you would realize that enemies can be circled in and "coralled" and will follow you in a straight line if you gain their attention. I hear the enemies in PSU are faster, so it may be harder, but eh, my 2 meseta.

Arrow203
Sep 12, 2006, 10:36 AM
ok, think of it as the exact same thing as a photon launcher.. cept instead of a big ball of photon its a linear line of photon.. there xplained http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 12:41 PM
On 2006-09-12 08:07, Valkayree wrote:

If you ever used the Snow Queen in PSO to any effect you would realize that enemies can be circled in and "coralled" and will follow you in a straight line if you gain their attention. I hear the enemies in PSU are faster, so it may be harder, but eh, my 2 meseta.

Enemies don't quite "coral" as easily in PSU. But if you have a HU up front attracting some of the attention, I can see you getting 2-3 hits. Also some monsters have more than one hit box, with weapon that pierce, you can hit multiple hit boxes on the same enemy. A good example of this is for bosses. While Onma is flying, with a longbow you can shoot through his arm and into his wing. This is a great way to get him stunned.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention, but usually you're trying to move fast in order to get a good rank, so spending the extra time to coral is almost out of the question.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-09-12 10:42 ]</font>

Arias
Sep 12, 2006, 02:53 PM
You don't ALWAYS have to go for a good rank, there's something as innocent fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
But if else, you're quite right Itsuki-chan.

I was thinking of Snow Queen the moment I heard of it's piercing ability. Unfortunatly, I might have played as a Ranger in PSO, but I'll be playing as a HU or FO in PSU though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif they look awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Sep 12, 2006, 03:12 PM
i'm curious how this thing would work on a boss with multiple targets such as the dragon boss. like if you shoot his face will it hit his face midsection and tail?

A2K
Sep 12, 2006, 04:26 PM
That's the way spears work with bosses, isn't it? I don't see why laser cannons wouldn't be the same.

I messed around in Story Mode, switched Ethan's type to Ranger and bought one. The spread of the weapon is definitely wider than one would initially think. Enemies do have to be lined up, but it doesn't necessarily need to be perfectly, either. If enemies are a few inches from either side of the beam (not necessarily being impaled by it) it will still connect. The biggest drawback aside from firing rate seems to be that the weapon drains PP particularly quickly.

Itsuki
Sep 12, 2006, 05:01 PM
Probably just like bows, it can hit multiple hit boxes. I haven't used one myself, but I've used bows, and bows rock bosses hardcore.