PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Bobble Revolution announced for Wii; Majesco earnings

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 10:26 PM
In an earnings report released today, Majesco announced that it will be focusing future console development on the Wii. Jesse Sutton, the company’s Interim Chief Executive Officer, says that Majesco believes the Wii has a good shot at capturing the "mass market gamer." The cheaper development costs also fit in with Majesco's low-cost philosophy.

The company's first Wii project is a Bubble Bobble game, titled Bubble Bobble Revolution. This next iteration in the well-known franchise is set for release in early 2007.

Majesco has another Wii game in the works, but it wasn't announced in the report.

On the financial side, things are certainly looking up for Majesco. Or at least, better than this time last year. In 2005, the company suffered a third quarter operating loss of $38.6 million; this year's Q3 operating loss was cut down to $332,000. Gross profit for Q3 2006 was $4.4 million, compared to a loss of $16.2 million during the same period last year.

"We are pleased with our third quarter performance and the progress we’ve made refocusing Majesco’s game publishing business," said Sutton. "This quarter we achieved a substantial improvement in our results over the third quarter of 2005 due to a more conservative approach to game development, an improved cost structure and strong sales of JAWS Unleashed."

"We remain focused on our strategy to publish value products and lower-cost games for handheld systems and make products with mass market appeal. Looking forward, we believe that Nintendo’s new Wii console has excellent potential to capture the mass market gamer while remaining within our more conservative cost structure. As such, we are expanding our strategic focus to capitalize on the potential of this system, and currently have two Wii games in development. Going into the last quarter of fiscal 2006, we are looking to our holiday lineup to build momentum for 2007."

Wyndham
Sep 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
THIS IS NOT OFF TOPIC, IT'S FKL.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 11, 2006, 10:35 PM
This is Ether's job, I think. Because this is all that I really see Ether do.

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 10:38 PM
Nintendo Wii is sure getting a lot of new news stories lately; all of which are leading up to this Thursday/Friday. New game announcements are always great, so it's good to see that we'll get a Bubble Bobble title added to the list. It's aiming mechanics make perfect sense for the Wii Remote.

Polly
Sep 11, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-09-11 20:35, MadEwokHerd wrote:
This is Ether's job, I think. Because this is all that I really see Ether do.

Ether's an action journalist bringing only the finest news to my FKL :)

MadEwokHerd
Sep 11, 2006, 10:42 PM
As I said, Ether's job is to post random news in the videogame industry. And I think that it's all copy and pasted, too.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 11, 2006, 10:44 PM
YOUR FKL?! I was smart enough to realize FKL not only needs no leader, but deserves no leader. I had a short stint as president recently, but now I know that these people don't even recognize a president. It's time to give up a false dream, Treila...

Polly
Sep 11, 2006, 10:46 PM
Nah :)

MadEwokHerd
Sep 11, 2006, 10:51 PM
You know what I say to that? One day, when the sun will die and the night will crawl. Until then, until I see your world implode, I wish you death and suffering. Misery to spare. Time to rehearse your pain, face the last enemy. We are the last thing you will know, the last thing you will see. You see your death surrounding you...

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-09-11 20:51, MadEwokHerd wrote:
Nii-pah~

Polly
Sep 11, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-09-11 20:51, MadEwokHerd wrote:
You know what I say to that? One day, when the sun will die and the night will crawl. Until then, until I see your world implode, I wish you death and suffering. Misery to spare. Time to rehearse your pain, face the last enemy. We are the last thing you will know, the last thing you will see. You see your death surrounding you...

Sounds like a plan, Stan :)

MadEwokHerd
Sep 11, 2006, 10:53 PM
No I didn't. I have no idea what Nii-pah~ is. I think I'm too new to FKL to understand such powers.

Will somebody tell me what "Nii-pah~" is?

Ether
Sep 11, 2006, 10:54 PM
On 2006-09-11 20:53, MadEwokHerd wrote:
Mii~

Polly
Sep 11, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-09-11 20:53, MadEwokHerd wrote:
No I didn't. I have no idea what Nii-pah~ is. I think I'm too new to FKL to understand such powers.

Will somebody tell me what "Nii-pah~" is?

It's the one thing you've gotta love the most to fit in FKL. Make sure to post it in every topic :) Everyone here LOVES it :)

MadEwokHerd
Sep 11, 2006, 10:55 PM
What is Mii~? My mind is crying...

MadEwokHerd
Sep 11, 2006, 10:58 PM
Well, I'm guessing that you don't want Stan's Plan to go on, therefore I will not say that thing anymore. Unless I get someone with a GOOD reputation to tell me. And I have to trust them.

Sayara
Sep 11, 2006, 11:02 PM
They need to stop fiddling with Bubble Bobble's engine :<

Nogatorr
Sep 11, 2006, 11:57 PM
I need to stop fiddling with your mother

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/wristomania/pwned.jpg

Sayara
Sep 12, 2006, 07:44 AM
On 2006-09-11 21:57, Nogatorr wrote:
Mii~

;o