PDA

View Full Version : SUV Questions

mechalucifer
Sep 12, 2006, 04:34 PM
To those CAST players out there who have reached level 20, (if any), what information do you have on SUV weapons? Are they specialized by job class or all available to all jobs? How many seem to be available currently? How much does it cost to set up the SUV? Does it really do as much damage as they're hyped to do? Any and all information is appreciated.

BlueInfinity
Sep 12, 2006, 04:51 PM
*link disabled* sorry I was thinking of something else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueInfinity on 2006-09-12 14:55 ]</font>

zandra117
Sep 12, 2006, 05:32 PM
SUV weapon = Glorified PSO Photon Blast. It is basically a quick animation of your character summoning huge weapons and firing them then the weapon vanishes, you have no control over them. In other words you can't run around blasting things with them, its only a quick special attack that can be used once then it has to be recharged.

Saner
Sep 12, 2006, 05:35 PM
sounds really damaging. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kyuu
Sep 12, 2006, 10:06 PM
Also, one thing most people don't seem to realize is that certain SUV attacks can also inflict status effects (I saw one video of enemies getting silenced).

Kers
Sep 12, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-09-12 20:06, Kyuu wrote:
Also, one thing most people don't seem to realize is that certain SUV attacks can also inflict status effects (I saw one video of enemies getting silenced).

lol, I too noticed that months ago and mentioned it. Nobody realized/agreed of the inflicted status effects.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 13, 2006, 12:34 AM
That sounds really damaging...to my spirit. I was planning on making a Cast just because of SUV weapons. Now that I know there's no control over it while it's in effect...nevermind.

Alisha
Sep 13, 2006, 12:51 AM
theres limited control over the firing direction i believe. now then.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=118244&forum=20&40

DurakkenX
Sep 13, 2006, 12:56 AM
i don't use SUVs, but my NPC partner does... it seems pretty good when it hits but usually she just fire aimlessly at the wall

Conn89
Sep 13, 2006, 01:22 AM
On 2006-09-12 22:56, DurakkenX wrote:
i don't use SUVs, but my NPC partner does... it seems pretty good when it hits but usually she just fire aimlessly at the wall

LOLLLZ.

Seriously though, I'll be playing Casts because I always have, and if SUV-weapons turn out to work well, then I'll use them, and if not, then oh well, I'll just play Casts like I always have.

Humans and Newmans do fine without special powers.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 02:39 AM
SUV shouldn't make or break your choice. Casts have alot more to offer then just SUV.

Zarbolord
Sep 13, 2006, 03:14 AM
I 'think' that it's like PAs, you can only get a certain SUV if you are a certain class. I've seen Ranger and Hunter SUVs, but still need to see the Force ones. And if it works by class, you may use two types if you're in expert mode.

mechatra
Sep 13, 2006, 03:27 AM
SUV weapons have no class restrictions. This has already been confirmed.

farplaner
Sep 13, 2006, 07:26 AM
I got my SUV last night (see screenshot thread). It shoots a straight line but its quite a wide range. It does about 2-3 times more damage than my top rifle (but I've to test with tougher enemies).

There are 4 available? I think. I bought the lightning one and it costs 6000 mesetas. You just need to make sure your armor has an extra slot for units.

mechalucifer
Sep 13, 2006, 07:57 AM
I'm sure I'll try out SUV's and use them just cause they look cool. Thanks for the info all!