PDA

View Full Version : the bad guy

Keyeszx
Sep 12, 2006, 07:37 PM
so is the bad guy that one cast guy in the star wars wanabe picture with ethan or is it seed and monsters like them what im asking is who is the true evil guy cuz i heard the cast guy is supposed to protect the ruins and stuff

zandra117
Sep 12, 2006, 08:45 PM
Super Spoiler (The SEED is the true bad guy. Magashi was pretty evil to begin with but he becomes even more evil when he is corrupted by the SEED and then fuses with a SEED core to become Dark Fakis. Dark Fakis is not a Dark Falz, it's just a superior form of the SEED.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-12 18:46 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 12, 2006, 09:32 PM
Question about Magashi...

I don't really comprehend Japanese all that well, but how is it that he survives that first fight after EXPLODING INTO BITS and returns as SEED Magashi, then the next time Ethan runs into him at the HIVE he's back to regular ol' CAST Magashi?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-12 19:32 ]</font>

Deprimenthia
Sep 12, 2006, 10:11 PM
As much as Im looking forward to this game, these story stereotypes are really annoying. The "good" and "bad" characters are so typical. You can just look at them and go "Oh. Theres the bad guy!" Like Magashi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I really wish more people would make games where there wasnt a strictly good character, or a strictly bad one.

Natrokos
Sep 12, 2006, 11:45 PM
^ Lots of rpgs are cliched. I remember when I first played PSIV and Alys died I couldn't help but feel I had already experienced the death of the main female protaganist somewhere before.....The whole classic 'good vs. evil' is just easy to follow and understand. People enjoy simplicity and convenience. Make it too complex and our entire ritalin addicted generation may lose interest.

Deprimenthia
Sep 12, 2006, 11:57 PM
Haha. Yeah. True, true. Tis why games like Killer 7 and Digital Devil Saga own so much.

Oh well. PSU will be fun either way.

A2K
Sep 12, 2006, 11:58 PM
The cliches don't bother me so much as it is the obvious contrivances. Don't get me wrong, oftentimes they lead to a kick-ass boss fight, but still. I recall one scene in particular in Chapter 5 or 6 or such you encounter Mirei's father, expecting to fight the guy... big tech user, maybe he'll be super-tough and Zio-ish, but instead he just arbitrarily jumps into a giant robot? WHAT. I mean, I loved the fight anyway so I suppose it balances out, but still.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-12 21:59 ]</font>

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:11 AM
This is the first offline PS in God-knows-how-long. I will be easily impressed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif