PDA

View Full Version : just read new playstation mag all connected including 360

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:10 AM
yeah i wonder if its official...but according to what they said....its all connected.

in fact they had different magazine members(ex.pgm,egm)
all playing in the same room...one in ps2 one on the pc and on the 360...all playing togethere?

am i dreaming?

Saner
Sep 13, 2006, 12:12 AM
hmmm what to think of this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:12 AM
You read the magazine you tell me......

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:13 AM
I think i'll believe it when I read it. I'm skeptical like that.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:14 AM
lol saner i guess us female man voices will be attacking ure system...lol

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:15 AM
Cause you know, the PLAYSTATION mag would know ALL ABOUT the 360. Right. Magical leprechauns and unicorns, too.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:17 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I ALWAYS trust 3 month old print news.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:17 AM
well read it...plus playstation mag is owned my ziff...wich owns..1up.com...egm, and i forgot what else

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:18 AM
Keep dreaming.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:22 AM
ok man...im looking at right now...heres an insert: "Interplatform love: as mentioned earlier various ziff davis publicationsall played togethere in the same room. meaningthat the pc guy and the 360 guy and the ps2 guys all sat in the same room and killed the same creatures togethere. hooray for unity!"

and there u go word for word...unless there just rambling lies now lol

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:24 AM
I cannot possibly believe someone with such horrible grammar and sloppiness. Regardless, I reiterate: 3 MONTH OLD NEWS IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:25 AM
Maybe you missed something earlier in the article. It seems odd that noone has a clear answer save a solitary PS mag. It just doesn't add up.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:25 AM
why is it 3 months old? so i have sloppy grammar, i cant type o well....says october 06 on mines? just got it today on the mail.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:26 AM
HA.

Pacpunk
Sep 13, 2006, 12:27 AM
i hope it's true. you spelled together wrong lol

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:28 AM
I bet you are 13.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:29 AM
They print magazines a month ahead? First cars, then sports games, then mags.....I just pray they don't bump expiration dates a month ahead.

sulfate
ok im sorry i just thought what i read sounded real.... ill reread it again for the fourth time.

Conn89
Whether the magazine has it right or not, I think it would be annoying for us PC and PS2 players to have the 360's voice chat blaring at us. So maybe for just that reason, it won't happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Conn89 on 2006-09-12 22:30 ]</font>

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-09-12 22:28, Number6 wrote:
I bet you are 13.

lol..because i cant type makes me 13? and wtf have i done to offend u anyways?

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:32 AM
Ok, kids lemme explain something to ya... I am playing PSU right now. There is NO VOICE CHAT OPTION. Ok? And they aren't making some MAGICAL NEW VERSION for PC and PS2 which supports such. If the game is really coming out next month in the USA, it must be over 80% translated and ready to go. There's no time for adding cross server voice poo-poo and no amount of wishing is going to make it happen.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:32 AM
It's not that i'm calling you a liar or um, a 13 year old or whatever......I just think you may have misinterpreted the article.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:33 AM
I love everyone, even 13 there. =)

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:34 AM
hey and i agree one hundred percent...i seriuosly must be missinterpreting it. (im not being sarcastic either) someone plzz read the article..it goes for 3 pages

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:36 AM
Please retype exactly what the article says.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:37 AM
I agree with you Number6 but at the same time there has been alot of confusion over cross-platform gameplay. I think you can cut the excited unification kid a little slack. Especially since he probably has 0 access to Japanese servers.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:38 AM
True, and I would love for all the versions to play together in a happy field, but it's just not realistic.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:41 AM
ok man im 22 i live in downey/california u can meet me if u like....what i saw is an article what seems to be a bunch of ziff davis people in ONE room playing togethere...then it goes on as if there were talking and playing with eacother...at the end of the article it says and i repeat lol:

Interplatform love: as mentioned earlier various ziff davis publications all played togethere in the same room. meaning that the pc guy and the 360 guy and the ps2 guys all sat in the same room and killed the same creatures togethere. hooray for unity!"

now thats exactly word for word.....i dont have a scanner to show u all 3 pages of it. sorry if i jumped to conclusions, i didnt mean to piss anyone off.....

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:42 AM
You didn't. I'm not mad at all, and I wish you were right.

I meant retype it, not copy and paste it. Get the article. Copy it down exactly and slowly. Please. Thanks.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:44 AM
Think of me as the voice of reason, wisdom, and reality.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 12:46 AM
I'm going to go and do a little research. I agree that it isn't realistic.....But it is 1 in the morning and I don't have a life so what the hell. P.S. If the writers spelled together with an e at the end they need to be shot. I have horrific spelling habits too but togethere? That is mind numbing.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:48 AM
NO MAGAZINE would say "the pc guy and 360 guy, togethere" etc. That was 13 talking, not the mag. That's why I want him to retype it.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:49 AM
nterplatform love: as mentioned earlier various ziff davis publications all played togethere in the same room. meaning that the pc guy and the 360 guy and the ps2 guys all sat in the same room and killed the same creatures togethere. hooray for unity!"

sorry if i cant post all of what they said........they say alot in the article..i can retype what the beggining of the articvle says.

: rather than just tell you about psu and its combination of single and multiplayer, we just left a tape recorder on during our exclusive multiplayer session. This was an intermagazine effort, as we had senior editor darren gladstone from cgw(playing on the pc), executive shane battenhausen an previews editor bryan intihar from egm(playing on the xbox 360), and team OPM, as represented by scooter and giancarlo.

thats the begining of the article.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:52 AM
Judging by the fact that the capital "I" in "Interplatform" was cut off, you copied and pasted again. Plus the fact that the same words are spelled wrong. Now I am doubting that you even have the magazine. Try again, please... seriously retype it with no copy and paste.

zandra117
Sep 13, 2006, 12:53 AM
On 2006-09-12 22:32, Number6 wrote:
Ok, kids lemme explain something to ya... I am playing PSU right now. There is NO VOICE CHAT OPTION. Ok? And they aren't making some MAGICAL NEW VERSION for PC and PS2 which supports such. If the game is really coming out next month in the USA, it must be over 80% translated and ready to go. There's no time for adding cross server voice poo-poo and no amount of wishing is going to make it happen.

It is an easy patch to allow pc and ps2 players to use their headsets (ps2 has a headset you know). 360 players can also use a keyboard if they need to.

FFXI had been out on the pc and ps2 for a long time when it came out on the 360 and 360 players could play with people on the pc and ps2 so your arguement that you are playing the game right now and there will be no linkeage is bullshit.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 12:57 AM
lol k....

INTERPLATFORM LOVE: As mentioned earlier, editors of various Ziff Davis publications all played together in the same session. Meaning that the pc guy and the xbos 360 guys and the ps2 guys all sat in the same room and killed the same creatures. Hooray for unity!

this according to you must be some fake mag that i got in the mail including a demo of other games and such...and since im 13 im imagining what i read out of my ass.

zandra117
Sep 13, 2006, 12:58 AM
The october issue of EGM magazine came today too, so hes telling the truth.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 12:58 AM
You sir, are a wiggly worm.

I know that FF11 360 people can play with PS2 and PC people. You can't "patch" a PS2 game (that doesn't use a hard drive like FF11) to add voice chat, sherlock. Go back to bed.

See, I'm so happy. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Number6 on 2006-09-12 23:01 ]</font>

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 01:01 AM
also on an added note the official psu site as put a new trailer on there main page.........thats completly out of my ass....since i love spewing lies and such, and hey u might be right...maybe im seriuosly might not be reading it right...it just sounds right.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 01:04 AM
No, you're reading it right. And maybe monkeys will fly out of my poop and it will turn out true. Then we can all have a party at the end of the rainbow. You think I'm being sarcastic, but I'm not. I'll bring the ice cream.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 01:06 AM
*sigh*......ill bring chips and dip, see i know ure probably right, just that are they outright lying?

Kers
Sep 13, 2006, 01:07 AM
On 2006-09-12 22:58, Number6 wrote:
You sir, are a wiggly worm.

I know that FF11 360 people can play with PS2 and PC people. You can't "patch" a PS2 game to add voice chat, sherlock. Can the PS2 people hear the 360 voice chatting in FF11? Go back to bed.

See, I'm so happy. =)

I have a sudden urge to kill Lungas..They wouldn't happen to be targetable in PSU? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, ZOMG at the news mags are bringing! Would be very awsome.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 01:08 AM
Waka waka. =)

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 01:09 AM
Bah that's old and was edited for accuracy. It's late and we all need sleep. Or ice cream. I can't remember which.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 01:17 AM
Yes, yes, I meant you can't patch a game with no hard drive to make things like, levels, items, and voice chat. I know you can do it to FF11 since it's a hard drive game, but it's 2 in the morning and I'm playing offline mode and wishing I had this PS Magazine so I could rip it in half, I mean love it.

Sinue_v2
Sep 13, 2006, 01:19 AM
It doesn't really mean anything that your import version of PSU doesn't have a voicechat option. The JP and NA servers are seperate, so that means that subtle changes can be made to each version to suit it's territory better. In Japan, the 360 is a flop - and they may not want to connect the servers. In the US and EU, where 360 sales are far stronger - it may be an option.

Is it likely, perhaps not.. but also not outside the realm of possibility. If it does happen, the PS2 and PC will most likely not support voice chat, but you can still hear others who do through your speakers assuming there is a voice chat option to turn on and off.

Sonic Team hasn't said one way or another weither or not the servers are connected - so we'll just have to wait and see.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 01:26 AM
could be true there sinue....i hope they interconnect...which part of me is saying its not, but after reading that article why would they say it liek that?

zandra117
Sep 13, 2006, 01:29 AM
There is also such a thing as server side patches, and sonicteam said that some patches would need to be downloaded to the ps2 memory card.

Tetsuro
Sep 13, 2006, 01:33 AM
OMG I think I just had a joygasm

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 01:34 AM
Yes, you HAVE to patch the memory card to play. Understood. But do you understand programming at all? You can't fit a VOICE FEATURE patch on an 8MB memory card. Sorry. Can we have our picnic now?

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 01:48 AM
hopw did socom do it? or mgo? they all featured vioce chatting with out using massive storage on ure memory card

Garroway
Sep 13, 2006, 01:49 AM
I don't really see why there couldn't be interconnectivity without making the voice chat feature cross platform. So the xbox 360 is the only system that has voice chat functionality. It would be sort of similiar to people running different expansions of the same game. I agree that it seems improbable that a voice chat will be implemented on the PC and PS2. What I don't agree with is that being proof that the xbox 360 will not be linked with the other platforms.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 01:54 AM
SOCOM voice chat is PART OF THE GAME on the DISC. You know, that giant DVD storage device the game is glued to?

And, ummm... http://pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1504

Yeah. If the "news" on this site isn't reliable or accurate, why are we here? We may as well post on the Elmo and Carrot Monster Boards on sesamestreet.com. At least there the kids could learn to spell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Number6 on 2006-09-12 23:55 ]</font>

Tetsuro
Sep 13, 2006, 01:54 AM
They could just make the people on 360 buy keyboards, although that may just turn more 360 users away from PSU, hmm. I do really hope they are all connected, because a freind of mine doesn't own a PS2 and his PC won't run so his only option is 360, while the rest of my freinds are getting it for PC.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 01:59 AM
im not saying its not accurate, were talking about the playstation mag here are they accurate? plus sega to this day hasn't made that official....

xenokai
Sep 13, 2006, 02:04 AM
please scan this and post it for us lol

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 02:05 AM
i wish but i do not have a scanner...

Taichi
Sep 13, 2006, 02:06 AM
I personally hope that the servers will be separate from ps2/PC. I think us 360 players will be okay without being linked to them. Of course, I have a powerful PC and a ps2 so I have an option, but i think I want to go with the 360 version. It'll be like reminiscing on the Dreamcast sort of http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif though I still play Soul Caliber on that.

xenokai
Sep 13, 2006, 02:08 AM
My xbox 360 mag says its not connected and the ps2 says it is O>o

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 02:08 AM
i really dont care if there togethere or not...i will still enjoy playing thsi game.

soul caliber was awesome, all day after school me and friends would battle it out on that dc!

Sinue_v2
Sep 13, 2006, 02:10 AM
Nice link, but unfortunately this site doesn't edit old news posts.. and Sonic Team has been known to contradict themselves since the time of that announcement. Like when they anounced that PSO Ep III would be the last in the series - which PSOworld reported on. Then, lo and behold, out comes Blue Burst. That news blurb is old, and while the position hasn't necessarily changed - Sonic Team has said repeatedly said since then that they may connect the servers, and that they're working on it.

Again.. they might not be promising connectivity since, knowing that the US and EU are larger markets with much higher sales of the 360, they probably had no idea what kind of a strain it would put on the servers. Hell, they didn't even know how much of a strain the PC/PS2 launch in Japan would put on the servers. They may have been waiting to see how the JP launch went before commiting to connectivity. Not to mention that a lot of people are upset over the seperation - and the negetive feedback may have caused them to change their minds.

Until Sonic Team makes it clear - we just don't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-09-13 00:11 ]</font>

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 02:10 AM
see one of them is lying...must be the ps one

xenokai
Sep 13, 2006, 02:13 AM
Don't see why they just dont announce it so people will plan on which version <.<

Garroway
Sep 13, 2006, 02:16 AM
On 2006-09-12 23:54, Number6 wrote:
SOCOM voice chat is PART OF THE GAME on the DISC. You know, that giant DVD storage device the game is glued to?

Yeah. If the "news" on this site isn't reliable or accurate, why are we here? We may as well post on the Elmo and Carrot Monster Boards on sesamestreet.com. At least there the kids could learn to spell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Number6 on 2006-09-12 23:55 ]</font>

That news actualy isn't accurate. It was accurate at the time, but the E3 interview (dated May 17th) is the most recent source of information on the topic in question. Unless of course this article turns out to be legitimate, then it will be the most recent source of information on the topic.

It isn't your ignorance that I have a problem with Number6. Everyone is ignorant of something. What I detest is that instead of correcting your ignorance, you try and hide your ignorance with faulty data. This sort of behavior only serves to confuse issues even further. But then again, at least you can have bright future in politics.

Tetsuro
Sep 13, 2006, 02:16 AM
I don't really know much about servers or networking, but perhaps with the situation in Japan and the knowledge that the 360 community will more than likely be smaller than PC/PS2, they decided to link the two servers to relieve any fear that the US servers would fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tetsuro on 2006-09-13 00:17 ]</font>

Ryoga4523
Sep 13, 2006, 02:20 AM
Why not just give the guy the benefit of the doubt Number 6, or get your cheap anus up and go buy one of the mags... that would end all of your rediculous babble about picnics with thirteen year olds.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 02:20 AM
man i keep reading it over to see if i can see anything....nothing according to playstation mag-it's all connected.

xenokai
Sep 13, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-09-13 00:10, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Nice link, but unfortunately this site doesn't edit old news posts.. and Sonic Team has been known to contradict themselves since the time of that announcement. Like when they anounced that PSO Ep III would be the last in the series - which PSOworld reported on. Then, lo and behold, out comes Blue Burst. That news blurb is old, and while the position hasn't necessarily changed - Sonic Team has said repeatedly said since then that they may connect the servers, and that they're working on it.

Again.. they might not be promising connectivity since, knowing that the US and EU are larger markets with much higher sales of the 360, they probably had no idea what kind of a strain it would put on the servers. Hell, they didn't even know how much of a strain the PC/PS2 launch in Japan would put on the servers. They may have been waiting to see how the JP launch went before commiting to connectivity. Not to mention that a lot of people are upset over the seperation - and the negetive feedback may have caused them to change their minds.

Until Sonic Team makes it clear - we just don't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-09-13 00:11 ]</font>
your site in your link has alot of potential but ya need a forum. Also if ya need help im free to help with the site.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 02:30 AM
I won't question the possibility of a single community. The voice chat isn't actually as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be. My biggest argument against a single connection is that it has been stated on several occasions that connection between ps2/pc and the 360 are quote: 'Highly unlikely." And now, without any formal announcement whatsoever, a lone Playstation magazine states that the three systems will all be one big disfunctional family? It's wierd, confusing and erratic. I'm not delibrately trying to be a pesimist or an asshole, and I don't usually sew seeds of doubt.....But it's wierd and confusing. At any rate I want to read the article myself lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-09-13 00:31 ]</font>

Losodo1976
Sep 13, 2006, 02:38 AM
If all three systems can play together that's fine with me as long as I can shut off any incoming voice-chat. I f*ckin' hate voice chat, lol.

zandra117
Sep 13, 2006, 02:49 AM
On 2006-09-12 23:54, Number6 wrote:

That was before the interview with Miyoshi where he said that the decision is not finalized.

Tetsuro
Sep 13, 2006, 03:00 AM
I won't question the possibility of a single community. The voice chat isn't actually as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be. My biggest argument against a single connection is that it has been stated on several occasions that connection between ps2/pc and the 360 are quote: 'Highly unlikely." And now, without any formal announcement whatsoever, a lone Playstation magazine states that the three systems will all be one big disfunctional family? It's wierd, confusing and erratic. I'm not delibrately trying to be a pesimist or an asshole, and I don't usually sew seeds of doubt.....But it's wierd and confusing. At any rate I want to read the article myself lol.
You make a good point, but then again, what part of PSUs development hasn't seemed wierd, confusing, and erratic. What I mean is SEGA has constantly given us info on the game and then changed it.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 03:17 AM
^That is very true....But when they change it....And it's something huge like cross-platform gameplay people usually find out really quick and run around screaming it at everyone they meet.......Ever seen a 3 year old with really bad adhd find out he's getting a bicycle? Like that but on a sugar rush. There has been one post from one article that hasn't really been posted online....No real feedback from anyone who's played xbox/ps2/pc linked and no official post...I remain skeptical at best.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 09:53 AM
well its the morning now,slept good and everything.........still the magazine says they are connected...thats one huge lie, right?. how can they outright lie about something like that, they even said there all playing in the same room and killing the same creatures.

i have a funny feeling that its not true, 360 will be by itself, but how do we explain what they were saying....they had pics of there characters....and i see the egm ones there too (egm had the 360 version) so i mean how the hell do you just lie like that, especially a major publication.

maybe they bought the exclusive to print that, so as of right now there the only news on it?someone plz read the mag and plz let me know if im wrong......or right?

Saner
Sep 13, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-09-13 00:38, Losodo1976 wrote:
If all three systems can play together that's fine with me as long as I can shut off any incoming voice-chat. I f*ckin' hate voice chat, lol.

you can't hear voice chat without a headset anyway so it won't be a problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but voice chat is a stupid reason to split the servers anyway, some Xbox360 players will only use keyboard for this anyway.

if FF11 can link 3 systems, so can this game if they wanted to.

chibiLegolas
Sep 13, 2006, 12:20 PM
Is it possible that the folks from that mag just jirry-rigged their press-released demo version of 360 to work with their pc and ps2, just for the sole purpose to review the pros and minus on each system, and NOT about connection issues?

I know that "Interplatform love" implies otherwise, but perhaps (just perhaps), they failed to mention that they were playing on their own servers or something. (I really know diddly-squat about servers, but I think you know what I mean. Something like them playing through a router and only playing among themselves; not going through ST's servers?)

If sega really did change their minds in the last minute to connect all 3 platforms together, I'd imagine other ppl in the press would of also get their copy by now and would of mentioned something about it.

I guess we'll just have to hear from Sega themselves to confirm this, or another magazine source. BTW, does anyone know if the Oct. issue of xbox's mag is out yet? Maybe they'll mention something about this in there.

Trying to be optomistic, but I wouldn't hold my breathe....

Mikedot
Sep 13, 2006, 12:43 PM
[b]I guess we'll just have to hear from Sega themselves to confirm this, or another magazine source.

Exactly. If this was all true, this info would be on all the major gaming websites like IGN and Gamespot. Until I see it there, this is all BS.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
I just got back from loitering in Tower Records reading game mags and came across one mag I think called "Play". I wasn;t to attentive to remeber the interviewees name as I was mostly conerned with the interview itself. The thing I found most relevent to in the interview was how the JP and NA servers were seperate do to the fact the JPs will be motnhs ahead in the missions and story-arc. Until I read that interview This was mostly speculation outside the other reasoning being that JPs and NAs don't get along.

This could also apply to the 360 servers which will of course come out later than the PS2 and PC versions. I can see them possibly later on enabling cross-regional play if and/or when and the end of the story comes.The other main draw is how their wasn't any definite negatives to these possibilites of future cross-regional and 360 being added to the cross-platform loop.

Also for any Muskat fans the question of whether they can/or will later be added to the titles was lobbed to the interviewee and had bascilly acknowledged it as an interesting idea. So MAYBE sometime down the line if say, we get a PSUv2 or a PSU2 we MAY be able to expect such an addition or maybe an alteration to Beasts since "beast" is sort of uninspiring name for a race.

SephYuyX
Sep 13, 2006, 12:57 PM
I have the solution to all of your problems.

Wait till Oct 24th.

Talnar85
Sep 13, 2006, 12:59 PM
I'll belive it when it happens, but I will also keep hoping it is ture the more palyers the better I say

Phalynx
Sep 13, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-09-13 10:47, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

This could also apply to the 360 servers which will of course come out later than the PS2 and PC versions.

Not a fact.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 13, 2006, 01:12 PM
On 2006-09-13 11:05, Phalynx wrote:

This could also apply to the 360 servers which will of course come out later than the PS2 and PC versions.

Not a fact.

This **could** also apply to the 360 servers which will of course come out later than the PS2 and PC versions.

Statements have to use the word WILL in order for me to try and pass it as fact.

nm: I just realized i stated it will come out later which of course wasn't confirmed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2006-09-13 11:14 ]</font>

Naes_Siwel
Sep 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
According to the wiki for PSU, the 360 version is due out next year in japan, while we get it early. Not much of a supprise, but just thought I'd post it here.

watashiwa
Sep 13, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-09-13 11:18, Naes_Siwel wrote:
According to the wiki for PSU, the 360 version is due out next year in japan, while we get it early.

You're right, it isn't surprising, considering that the US market is basically the ONLY market for the 360. Japan doesn't care too much for it. p_q

Wubbie
Sep 13, 2006, 01:41 PM
"I cannot possibly believe someone with such horrible grammar and sloppiness. Regardless, I reiterate: 3 MONTH OLD NEWS IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY. "

I'm going to have to agree with Number6 here...

Raikku
Sep 13, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-09-12 22:44, Number6 wrote:
Think of me as the voice of reason, wisdom, and reality.

I think of you as an idiot.

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 01:56 PM
I'm certainly not an idiot. I'm actually quite smart. I feel sorry for you, kid.

Tystys
Sep 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
Ugh, go away Number6. Stop trying to make yourself sound smart over the flipping internet, -_-

Kurenaii
Sep 13, 2006, 02:31 PM
I hope that's the case, let's hope PS2 and PC don't get annoyed by our voice chatting. Maybe they won't be able to hear it. Guess we'll have to wait until October 24th to see if it's true?

I really doubt that's the case though. . .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kurenaii on 2006-09-13 12:35 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 13, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-09-13 09:09, Saner wrote:

On 2006-09-13 00:38, Losodo1976 wrote:

you can't hear voice chat without a headset anyway so it won't be a problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but voice chat is a stupid reason to split the servers anyway, some Xbox360 players will only use keyboard for this anyway.

if FF11 can link 3 systems, so can this game if they wanted to.

Obviously you've never heard of a speaker. See, it's this thing that emits sound when a microphone is not present.

Some is the key word here. Businesses can't go around catering to the minority. The vast majority of Xbox 360 players will use a microphone. It's not as simple as snapping your fingers and having Voice Chat compatible with the other 2 versions of the game. It would take a patch far larger than a PS2 8mb memory card to make such a change.

For the last ogd damn time; this is NOT FFXI!! All they did was add a platform to an existing server, with virutally no modefications made to the game (read: NO VOICE CHAT TO DEAL WITH).

As for the article, I sincerely doubt a published magazine would allow its writers to use slang like "the PC guy and the Xbox guy."

Until you can provide actual proof the article eve exists, I call bullshit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-13 12:35 ]</font>

xmaulx
Sep 13, 2006, 02:34 PM
not to mention he got it on the mail...*sigh* im going to go get the mag and find out.

parabolee
Sep 13, 2006, 02:42 PM
Hmm the latest EGm says they are seperate. But it would GREAT news if it was true! I have my fingers crossed.

Tystys
Sep 13, 2006, 02:47 PM
EGM SUXXORS.

I'm going to wait until Sega says something.....or until someone gets the actual 360 version.

Phalynx
Sep 13, 2006, 03:40 PM
On 2006-09-13 11:12, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

On 2006-09-13 11:05, Phalynx wrote:

Not a fact.

This **could** also apply to the 360 servers which will of course come out later than the PS2 and PC versions.

Statements have to use the word WILL in order for me to try and pass it as fact.

nm: I just realized i stated it will come out later which of course wasn't confirmed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2006-09-13 11:14 ]</font>

Your use of could here clearly is directed to the servers, you then say they WILL OF COURSE come out later. I understand what you mean but the way you said it says the version WILL OF COURSE come out later.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 13, 2006, 03:44 PM
Yes, EGM is an craptacular mag, to many flaws to list here.

They and other Ziff-Davis mags have been known to print partially innaccurate info, and in EGM, far to many baseless rumors...

Sinue_v2
Sep 13, 2006, 03:47 PM
Also for any Muskat fans the question of whether they can/or will later be added to the titles was lobbed to the interviewee and had bascilly acknowledged it as an interesting idea. So MAYBE sometime down the line if say, we get a PSUv2 or a PSU2 we MAY be able to expect such an addition or maybe an alteration to Beasts since "beast" is sort of uninspiring name for a race.

Do you mean Musk Cats? http://www.pscave.com/ps1/ps1i/iconmyau.gif

While it would be nice to see them included, if it happens I can't see them being anything more than a PM evolution or a pet you keep in your house. I don't think they'd just be an alteration of the beast - since, well hell - the Numans are already an alteration of Musk Cats.. not to mention that it would adding Musk Cats in pretty much pointless if they were to change them that much.

No way in hell they'd be a playable character either. While cool - the game just isn't condusive to allowing 1-foot tall felines into the fray. How can you hold a gun or a sword with paws? Duct Tape?

Edit: I found the artical online... the guy being interviewed was Takao Miyoshi, the Producer of PSU.

One more bit of classic Phantasy Star nostalgia - the original game was very unique in that one of the party members was a Musk Cat, a small, long-eared, yellow cat. Have you ever considered that as a possible playable race for a future version? It'd certainly be interesting.

That is a very interesting idea for a species. We have a new playable race called Beasts that are physically strong and able to handle certain heavier melee weapons much better than other races.

"That is a very interesting idea for a species."

Translated from Japanese - that actually means "NO."

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-09-13 14:01 ]</font>

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 04:12 PM
Musk cat? Are you serious? They have no thumbs, they couldn't be HU or RA.......

Garroway
Sep 13, 2006, 04:46 PM
Nobody is going to know with 100% certainty until Sega makes an official announcement, or until the Xbox 360 release. It doesn't make the article wrong, it's just that this is still an unconfirmed issue so there is a possibility that the article is incorrect. While this thread didn't bring us any closer to knowing if the servers will be linked; it did help to identify a few more candidates for mandatory sterilization.

Natrokos
Sep 13, 2006, 04:54 PM
^ Funny. But until it is 100% certain we should error on the side of caution and assume 360 will NOT be linked.

Garroway
Sep 13, 2006, 05:00 PM
If you just wait and make your decision when the information required is available you won't have to make any errors at all.

OnnaWren
Sep 13, 2006, 05:01 PM
Sidetracking a bit...

Sinue: Funny, I always thought it went: Musk Cat/Palman=Catman, Catman/Palman=Numan... that way, everyone (and the English translation) could be right... *shrug*

Marik
Sep 13, 2006, 06:49 PM
The 360 Version will be seperate.

clumsyorchid

Sort of a misleading quote. I attended this Multiplayer session; we had editors from the three magazines participating, but the game was played on PS2 and PC units. I can set the record straight with an official confirmation:

The Xbox360 Servers will be seperate from the PS2/PC servers.

http://boards.ign.com/phantasy_star_universe/b7890/126216972/p1/?6

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marik on 2006-09-13 16:50 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 13, 2006, 06:55 PM
Ugh well that sucks. I was hoping I could get my uncle to play with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Number6
Sep 13, 2006, 08:09 PM
On 2006-09-13 12:14, Tystys wrote:
Ugh, go away Number6. Stop trying to make yourself sound smart over the flipping internet, -_-

So Clumsy comes through and ends the debate right now. Thank you. Looks like I was right, which means I AM smart. I don't have to try.

Phaze37
Sep 13, 2006, 08:38 PM
This is good news. It would be too weird if everyone could play together but only 360 users could use voice chat. PC/PS2 players would not be able to hear what they're saying, and even if we could hear them through our speakers we would only be able to reply through text. This would be annoying for both PC/PS2 players and 360 players. The only way to make all versions compatible with each other would be to remove voice chat from the 360 version completely, and I think this would upset alot of 360 owners. As much as I'd like to be able to play with 360 users, they'd have to ditch a very good feature (even though I personally dislike voice chat) to do so. I'm glad ClumsyOrchid cleared this up.

sulfate
Sep 13, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-09-13 16:49, Marik wrote:
The 360 Version will be seperate.

clumsyorchid

Sort of a misleading quote. I attended this Multiplayer session; we had editors from the three magazines participating, but the game was played on PS2 and PC units. I can set the record straight with an official confirmation:

The Xbox360 Servers will be seperate from the PS2/PC servers.

http://boards.ign.com/phantasy_star_universe/b7890/126216972/p1/?6

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marik on 2006-09-13 16:50 ]</font>

ok finally this thread can die....and if u read closely....somone type exactly what i said...pc guy, ps2 guys, and 360 guys!....why was it so hard to believe me anyways lol. when he said missleading he meant it...i mean im not ever gonna read playstation magazine again!

on a side note: im happy the servers are seperate maybe just maybe (i highly doubt it) we get special updates since we have hdd support.?

Garroway
Sep 13, 2006, 10:47 PM
Who the hell is Clumsyorchid anyways? This is a real question, I don't actualy follow the gaming community like most of you do.

SpikeWT1
Sep 13, 2006, 10:55 PM
He is th sega boards admin.

Chaobo99
Sep 13, 2006, 11:10 PM
Hey! Don't make fun of 13 year olds. I can probally out-wiz you in computer-tech...no not really =p.....Anyways. Is that just a sample for play or are those ACTUAL games.?

Number6
Sep 15, 2006, 12:17 AM
Chaobo, when you own your own video game store and hit 30something, then maybe. Until then...

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
Muskat...Musk Cat...you know, muskat is a really REALLY tasty flavor of Choco Gummi. I have no idea what a muskat is though...unless...EW! I've been eating Nei's ancestors!

Radek
Sep 15, 2006, 05:25 AM
I hope it is true... And enough with the grammer stuff, nobody needs to be a grammer Nazi... Sound like a bunch of old 3rd grade teachers... With the gray hair in a bun... And the huge black glasses, let me stop! lol

EJ
Sep 15, 2006, 05:27 AM
hopes what is true? 360 can connect with ps2 and pc?

It was already confirm that the 360 will be on it's own server.