PDA

View Full Version : Telepipes

RamenEater
Sep 13, 2006, 04:13 AM
I remember in PSO you were able to provide a tele-pipe for people who just joined the game. Are the in this game? Also, this game has alot more missions and i remember back in PSO you wouldn't be able to enter a game if someone started a mission. Is this still true for PSU?

Mewn
Sep 13, 2006, 04:23 AM
Telepipes don't exist in PSU. Every area is split into 'blocks' (similar to the idea of Forest 1, Forest 2 etc.) with a crystal at the start of each block you can use to warp to different blocks, so long as you have activated the crystal for that area.

As for missions, you can join all the currently available ones while they are in progress.

Arias
Sep 13, 2006, 09:48 AM
Oh, so if anyone enters, they 'somewhat use' a crystal and end up at the start of the block?
Hmmmh, sounds interesting, cuz in PSO you couldn't go to Caves 2 when you entered a game, even though they were playing there

zofia
Sep 13, 2006, 10:14 AM
[b]...in PSO you couldn't go to Caves 2 when you entered a game, even though they were playing there

Yes you could. All they had to do was make a telepipe for you and you would be able to go to exactly where they were.

Arias
Sep 13, 2006, 10:58 AM
Thats the POINT!!!!
You can't use TELEPIPES here..... but you can use some sort of transporter, like in PSO the 2big gates opening up, this wasn't possible in PSO. Now its a crystal of some sort...i think Mewn said

Saner
Sep 13, 2006, 11:20 AM
telepipes were cool but with the new crystal and layout of the missions, we'll be saving ourselves a lot of money not needing telepipes anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zarbolord
Sep 13, 2006, 11:21 AM
No more pipes, no more... side cheating for rare monsters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Pacpunk
Sep 13, 2006, 02:01 PM
i kindalike that idea.. BY BY TELEPIPES!!!

Tystys
Sep 13, 2006, 02:19 PM
Eh, the dis-inclusion of telepipes might not be such a good idea. There could be times where you warp to one block and your team is about enter the other block. How much walking that means for you? XD

b3n
Sep 13, 2006, 02:38 PM
If your team were just about to enter another block couldnt you wait until they activate the crystal or whatever to warp there?

Tystys
Sep 13, 2006, 02:48 PM
That's not what I meant, -_-....There's always the possibility of you warping late. How do we even know someone is transferring to another block anways

Itsuki
Sep 13, 2006, 03:07 PM
Eh, the dis-inclusion of telepipes might not be such a good idea. There could be times where you warp to one block and your team is about enter the other block. How much walking that means for you? XD
Most of the time, when I entered a mission, after the "konnichwa" and "yoroshiku", i would ask, and they would tell me wether or not to wait. Often enough, I wouldn't even need to ask, they'd just tell me. Much like entering a group in PSO and without asking, you'd be told which pipe color.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 13, 2006, 03:09 PM
Plus, the layout is different in PSU, there is no Pioneer 2 for a telepipe to appear on, you jump straight into an area when you join a game.

b3n
Sep 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-09-13 12:48, Tystys wrote:
That's not what I meant, -_-....There's always the possibility of you warping late. How do we even know someone is transferring to another block anways

I thought you can communicate with your squadmates even if your in different areas. If your team were almost at the end of a block and you can communicate with them i was thinking you could just wait until they finish it and join for the next one.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 13, 2006, 03:14 PM
I can't say for the later areas, but the earlier areas seem to be quite compact, so even if they didn't wait for you, it wouldn't take long to catch up.

Itsuki
Sep 13, 2006, 03:26 PM
Kou does make a point, where would these telepipes appear? When you're in the lobby (you're still in your party, technically "in" the mission with them), the lobby is still full of all of the other random people online. You then have normal "out loud" chat, and "party" chat. Party chat only your party can hear, even if they're not on the same map, and the normal talking out loud stuff only people reasonably close to you can hear (and also gets smaller the further you are away from a person).

Phaze37
Sep 13, 2006, 08:49 PM
This sounds like a good system. Even if you teleport to the mission right before they reach another block, it shouldn't take long to catch up since they have to fight multiple waves of enemies before moving on to the next room while you just have to walk through a few empty rooms. Remember how in PSO they made the tiny dungeuns seem much bigger by throwing wave after wave of enemies at you in a single room? I doubt PSU is much different.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 14, 2006, 01:36 AM
On 2006-09-13 13:14, Kou-Diacyper wrote:
I can't say for the later areas, but the earlier areas seem to be quite compact, so even if they didn't wait for you, it wouldn't take long to catch up.

Guys! :D Vehicles! :D

Losodo1976
Sep 14, 2006, 02:05 AM
Aw! No more telepipes! Telepipes were awesome... Those have been in Phantasy Star since the beginning, wtf!

*sighs*

EDIT: So you can't just warp out of an area now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Losodo1976 on 2006-09-14 00:06 ]</font>

Losodo1976
Sep 14, 2006, 03:01 AM
If there's no telepipes in PSU then how do we go back up to town to sell items/get items, then rejoin the battle after?

ShadowNeo
Sep 14, 2006, 03:04 AM
there are mid-mission lobbies where you can sell/buy items.

Cross
Sep 14, 2006, 03:05 AM
At the beginning of every block in a mission is a crystal. Once you activate it, you can use it to teleport between crystals. If you really need to go back up to town to sell off stuff, you can just take the crystal up to Block 1 and step back out into the outposts, where there's always a PP Recharge cube and a barebones item shop.

Having said that, though, I've never run out of inventory space from just one mission, whether going it as a group or solo.

Losodo1976
Sep 14, 2006, 03:07 AM
Ah, thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'm gonna miss telepipes, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Losodo1976 on 2006-09-14 01:09 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 14, 2006, 03:24 AM
You realize there's already a topic on the front page of this board on this very subject. In fact you actually replied to it just over an hour ago!

Valkayree
Sep 14, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-09-13 13:09, Kou-Diacyper wrote:
Plus, the layout is different in PSU, there is no Pioneer 2 for a telepipe to appear on, you jump straight into an area when you join a game.

Aww, no home base other than your room and the lobby? Weak. Well, it may be okay, guess I'll just have to wait and experience it firsthand then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-14 12:35 ]</font>

Vetto
Sep 14, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-09-14 12:33, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-09-13 13:09, Kou-Diacyper wrote:

Aww, no home base other than your room and the lobby? Weak. Well, it may be okay, guess I'll just have to wait and experience it firsthand then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-14 12:35 ]</font>

Not Really It just cutting out the middle man, You join a Room you go into battle you shop in the lobbies no need to waste time between the lobbies and mission, if anything makes the lobbies more important.

ulyoth
Sep 14, 2006, 05:13 PM
I could really use a telepipe at the moment..im in the Hive and ive saved there, i want out!