PDA

View Full Version : How many of importer will remain in the jp server?

Nika
Sep 13, 2006, 09:44 AM
How many of importer will remain in the jp server after US version come? Is it that many enough to play without problem in finding party? Because I 'm thinking to import Jp version too, since I feel very dissapointed when I found that there aren't any asia country in the list of US billing playsega site(so,I can't register) . Don't they think that many country in asia don't speak japanese, why only japanese server for all asian ,and they can't join US/Eu too

PS: I 'm very crazy for this game since DC, and if I can't play PSU online? What should I do now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nika on 2006-09-13 07:55 ]</font>

-STE-
Sep 13, 2006, 10:49 AM
i will never stay on jp server never...

where are you from sorry?

i think u can register with a fake adress as we did for japanese version..

Razon
Sep 13, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'll be staying in the Japanese server, I can remake my beta characters with their correct voices this way. That's the only real reason, also to get it sooner and play with some people from pso-world.

Nika
Sep 13, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-09-13 08:49, -STE- wrote:
i will never stay on jp server never...

where are you from sorry?

i think u can register with a fake adress as we did for japanese version..

At first, I want to do that, but wheni have to enter billing address,that is the real problem.

-STE-
Sep 13, 2006, 11:04 AM
Billing adress is not a problem, only things u need is credit card info, if u wrote a different billing adress is same because they usually only look at credit card name and of course number of credit card.

uhawww
Sep 13, 2006, 11:17 AM
I will be staying.
Already made a number of friends.

Mewn
Sep 13, 2006, 11:47 AM
I'm heading off to US when it comes out, whether I'll stay there or return to JP remains to be seen.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 13, 2006, 12:25 PM
Staying. I'm one of the poor souls "caught in the middle" timezone-wise, but as I work hours that reflect the Asian market, it's better for me to play on JPN servers.

Kaply
Sep 13, 2006, 12:51 PM
If they leave in the japanese vocals I'd consider switching to the US version.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
I might be importing the Japanese version but if I do, I think i might stay.

watashiwa
Sep 13, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'm gone as soon as the US version arrives.

Kurushii
Sep 13, 2006, 01:04 PM
I am staying on the jp servers. Too many bad memories of bs on US servers in the past.

Niki
Sep 13, 2006, 01:09 PM
I plan on playing both, but much more heavily on the US side. If I get left too far behind to party with anyone, eventually I'll quit.

watashiwa
Sep 13, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-09-13 11:09, Niki wrote:
If I get left too far behind to party with anyone, eventually I'll quit.

This isn't like FFXI or WoW where you can't party when people get a certain level. You can always party with people.. even if you were to party with 5 level 50s and you're level 1, they could take you to the highest mission you can take at your level, and you could hit everything once and get the same exp you'd get if you were to do it with people around your level. (Provided all you were doing is tagging.. and if you tagged a monster instead of killing it, you'd get 80% of the exp as opposed to 100%.. which is still good..)

Heck, if you can find a party of all high levels and you're low level, you can power level pretty quickly .. tag stuff while they wreck stuff up.. The only problem with that is, your Photon Arts or Techniques would level really slow because you couldn't cast or use them enough for them to level up decently. But, you can always just go solo some really weak monsters when you're higher level and repeatedly cast your techniques or use your PAs to level them up quickly afterward..

Zabrio
Sep 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
I have not got JP version but i am staying in the U.S./EU Server and i probably won't leave

-Shimarisu-
Sep 13, 2006, 01:24 PM
Staying on Japanese server. And that means me and 2 others in Tokyo who don't have accounts here.

watashiwa
Sep 13, 2006, 01:25 PM
The only benefit I could see about being in the Japanese server over the North Ameriacn server is that there will most likely be more players overall. However, I'd much rather prefer being on a server with a culture I understand (and not pretending to fit in with) as well as with people I can communicate with than not.

I also prefer to, you know, be able to read the game and understand everything about it 100% as well.. (not trying to half-ass it with limited knowledge of Japanese and getting the "jist" of it and so on..)

Sure, the North American players may not be as "polite" or whatever as Japanese players.. (Well, some people think that.. but I believe there's assholes anywhere you look.. including Japan..) But, they're our players! Our people! And I'd much rather play with them and be more familiar with them than people on the other side of the world.. Makes me feel at home..

Plus, it'll be great to actually be able to join random games again, meet new people, kick a little ass, and make some new good friends.

Ryoga4523
Sep 13, 2006, 01:36 PM
The only reason I see to stay on a JP server would be if you were 90% accurate in understaning japanese... If you only know a lick of it you are (in my own opinion and not trying to flame anyone) a JP fanboy. It would cripple you more than help you if you are playing a game that you do not fully understand, especially if there are supposed to be new updates, which you know there are going to be. Sure you have friends on the JP side that are fluent in japanese, but they might not be on to help you everytime you log in. Again it only makes logical sense to stay on the JP servers if you are advanced in comprehending and communicating in japanese. (not only that, the culture i.e. short sayings, phrases, and jokes etc... would be harder for you to understand if you have never stepped foot in japan...)

Tystys
Sep 13, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the only reason people like Shimarisu and others are going to be staying on the JP servers. In the end, once they get all fixed, they could actually provide to be better than the US servers, mainly because JP players are going to be getting everything first lol.

Zeota
Sep 13, 2006, 01:45 PM
I'm staying put. Why, you may ask? For one thing, no telling how much I may accumulate in terms of items and levels, and I don't feel I could be bothered to do all of that again. Plus, a few people that I really enjoy playing with are planning to stay as well. On top of that, who's to say we won't relive the hell we importers just went through with online? When the end of next month rolls around, I'll do what I do with every PS2 game I get - download it off usenet and just play story mode. As of now, my online needs are being fulfilled nicely.

watashiwa
Sep 13, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-09-13 11:45, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
For one thing, no telling how much I may accumulate in terms of items and levels, and I don't feel I could be bothered to do all of that again.

That's why you're supposed to enjoy things in moderation. Sitting on the JP server day in and day out "power leveling" only makes you tired of the game.

There really is no reason to be doing such a thing anyway. There's no reward for getting to level 50 before anybody else, at the moment. There's caps galore on everything. Areas not opened. Things you can't do. A shit load of things locked.. and so on.

To state you could not be "bothered" to do it all again makes it seem like it's already becoming a chore to play, and it hasn't even been up to play for a month.

If you can't do what you've already accomplished in this little amount of time all over again once the US version hits on the 24th of next month, then.. well.. that's kind of sad because I don't really think whatever you do now is worth much.. no matter what items or levels you've accumlated.. it can all be done again in an instant.

I've already made it a point not to get too attached to my characters and not sit there with all my free time leveling them up, because I don't want to get drained from playing the game too much or get sick of it. Like I said.. moderation.. If you play this game in moderation and not worry about whatever else the PL group is doing (not really accomplishing much..) then it'll be easy to start over on the US server.

Sign off at times. Play a different game. Watch some TV. PSU isn't becoming my life... yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-13 12:09 ]</font>

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 13, 2006, 03:01 PM
I'll most likely be staying.

Kurenaii
Sep 13, 2006, 03:07 PM
It depends.. If there is still all of the crappy drama and all of those problems on the US servers, I think I'll stay on/go to the JP servers.

EDIT: But then again, not having as many people on the US servers could be nice~.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kurenaii on 2006-09-13 13:10 ]</font>

Laranas
Sep 13, 2006, 03:11 PM
I imported just to get my PSU fix, but I'm not touching online mode until the US version comes out (which I'll also buy... i probably won't do Story/Extra on it though).

So I guess I won't be on the JP servers at all.

Cross
Sep 13, 2006, 03:12 PM
I'll hang around for a little while after the US release (I already paid for a Netcash card, so I don't really have much to lose), but I'm going to switch primarily to the US servers.
The only reason I'd come stay for real would be if the service is drastically worse than on the JP servers, or if the content updates don't stay consistent. I've got enough Japanese that I can navigate the game just fine, and I'm still learning that, so it's not a huge problem for me there, but most of my friends don't, so there's not much point in sticking around just to prove that I can.

DraginHikari
Sep 13, 2006, 03:17 PM
Meh the I finally decided right before it's release not to import and wait for the US verison for many reasons. I guess my only point to this is to those that simplely do will not believe that the English Verison will not have any support... how can there be any support if people won't give it a chance?

Not to offend anyone but I've been hearing a bit too much 'US verison' hatred before it's even out basing most of the facts on a free downloaded game that had little income/player to make any company do anything at all. Regardless of whether it's about the dubbing, content, or player's attitudes. Yea... your going to have idiots, that's a faction on life even on the JP verison of the game. The biggest difference is probably it's less noticed because in full honsety I won't doubt that there are a number on the JP server right now that don't know many words in Japanese anyway.

watashiwa
Sep 13, 2006, 03:53 PM
I honestly don't think the NA version will have any of the JP version's problems THAT HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED ALREADY for two reasons.

The first being there will probably be quite a bit less players due to no advertising of the game. (This leads to less congestion of the servers, which leads to less load on the servers, which leads to less problems over all on the servers..)

The second being that they'll, for sure, put in whatever fixes to the JP server they've applied this month and the days before the NA launch to the initial NA server. I highly doubt they'd patch a fatal bug in the JP version, but leave it lingering about on the NA version's initial launch. Bringing up US version on server software v1.0 with body snatching, item duplication, my room problems, etc,. would be absolutely moronic when the JP software has already received fixes for them. It will not happen.

You can bet whatever's been addressed currently will also be addressed there (NA server) on Day 1.

Now.. when a new problem is discovered on the JP server AFTER the NA launch and when it's patched on the NA version is another story... but I think that ST will most likely, this time around, patch fatal bugs on time and around the same time. I doubt PSU will be as poorly maintained as PSO was.. Give the guys another chance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-13 13:54 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Sep 13, 2006, 04:13 PM
Wata you are so right. They have too because they have so much riding on this game, they can't afford to lose customers.

Inazuma
Sep 13, 2006, 04:15 PM
im staying on jp ver, even if i am the only eng player left -_-. i love the jp ppl and their culture, so its a great chance for me to learn more.

ShardInABox
Sep 13, 2006, 04:21 PM
I will remain on the JP servers AND come onto the US/EU servers once they are up (and the game is released here).

Lovejuice
Sep 13, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'll be heading to the US servers as soon as possible.

As an aside, I haven't touched offline mode at all on the import yet, although I'm beginning to think I maybe should - because if I'm perfectly honest I don't actually imagine I'll be in any hurry to do so for a while unless the US servers are down for maintenance. Y'know, the whole urge to go nuts like the Thai Ragnarok Online player that lies within all of us will probably kick in and that..

I never actually got around to buying a netcash card or somesuch, so the whole additional month thingybob actually turned out to be quite handy and should tide me over until my copy of the US PC version arrives.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 13, 2006, 08:02 PM
The only reason I see to stay on a JP server would be if you were 90% accurate in understaning japanese...

Timezone is a huge reason.
Getting stuff quicker (most likely, anyway)
And as Kurushii said, lots of bad memories on the US servers in PSO (although I never played on them in all honesty).

Nika
Sep 13, 2006, 09:32 PM
Are there many japanese who can understand English? Because I have only a little skill in japanese (enough skill to read most information in the game because I understand a lot Kun-Ji and Katakana,but when people talk all in Hirakana, I don't ubdrstand) I have been playing PSOBB in jp ver be4, and I alway have probelm when I want to find party to do certain mission.

Spellbinder
Sep 13, 2006, 09:35 PM
I think I'll be staying on the JP version for a few reasons.

1.) Although I may only get "the jist of it" with my knowledge of Katakana, but that's just fine to me. I can read most of the menus and items, and look up what they do so interface is no problem to me. And any future updates that may pertain to the story in some way? Meh, I don't pay much attention to that anyway, I just enjoy the action.

2.) While it may be nice to be in a large community that I'm familiar with (ie. fully comprehend the language), if for example there are 30 importers that say and I know them, that's fine. In all honesty, having played since the release on Dreamcast, I've never bothered to really get to know the 100,000 people that may or may not play on the server. From version to version I found my niche, and I stuck to it. So what if I can't fully understand what everyone else is saying, I have my niche. ^_^

3.) You can scream JP fanboy here if you want to, but prior to this game (my very first import), I've been very interested in the Japanese culture, and I've even been taking courses at my college to learn the language and just soaking up whatever I can get my hands on. Importing, to me, is a nice way to apply what I learn in terms of reading and writing, so I have motivation to continue learning. Nothing brings a smile to my face like comprehending another language, as this will be my third.

Cheers~

watashiwa
Sep 13, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-09-13 18:02, GaijinPUnch wrote:
lots of bad memories on the US servers in PSO (although I never played on them in all honesty).

Can someone define these "bad memories" from US PSO? What? Getting FSOD? Someone getting that Special Weapon before you? Someone calling you a "f4g"? I mean, you guys act like you've been through torture or something.. like as if you were placed in a concentration camp and beaten on a regular basis. Get fucking real, it's a goddamn game! LOL.. A game can make you fear playing with people of your own kind that much? That's so sad.

FSOD shouldn't happen in the first place.. on PSO or PSU.. on JP or US.. stuff like that is s'posed to be patched when it's discovered.. if FSOD is discovered on PSU and effects your decision to play on the JP servers because it happens less.. you realize that you're only shifting the blame from Sonic Team to the players on the other server, right? Sonic Team is the one who's s'posed to act on these types of things.. don't kiss their ass or Japanese players' ass because it happens less or not at all there..

If it was because of how US players horded items.. well.. that's what the new loot system is in place for..

If it's because someone calls you a "f4g" or argues with you.. would you truly feel better playing on a Japanese server where people can call you a fag.. or otherwise.. and you can't understand it? (Ignorance is bliss?) The Japanese, although like I said some people might think they're polite, they're some of the most uppity people I've ever come across. I guess not being able to understand them makes things better for you over all, though..

Meh.. =)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 13, 2006, 09:57 PM
Meh, most people are probably just bitter over the lack of support for English PSOBB, which is well over a year behind the JP version in terms of updates.

I'll admit that the PSOBB support has been lackluster at best, but I also know that Sega is probably making very little, if any, profit from the game's infinitessimally small community (<300, I'd estimate). The lack of income justifies the lack of attention they pay to PSOBB, and I don't really have a problem with it.

I have hope for PSU. I'm 99.999999999% sure that the server problems the JP version had will not present on the English version, because all they would have to do is update the server software. I won't deny that ST does some extremely stupid things at times, but even they are not so incompetent to deliberately botch the release of the game that can save their collective asses in the US/EU market.

Oh, I don't have the JP version, nor do I desire to import it. I've waited several years for PSU already, a month and a half is nothing.

Parn
Sep 13, 2006, 09:59 PM
PSO on Dreamcast was a dream come true during the first three months. No pun intended. I'll definitely be on the US release.

AC9breaker
Sep 13, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-09-13 19:38, watashiwa wrote:

On 2006-09-13 18:02, GaijinPUnch wrote:
lots of bad memories on the US servers in PSO (although I never played on them in all honesty).

Can someone define these "bad memories" from US PSO? What? Getting FSOD? Someone getting that Special Weapon before you? Someone calling you a "f4g"? I mean, you guys act like you've been through torture or something.. like as if you were placed in a concentration camp and beaten on a regular basis. Get fucking real, it's a goddamn game! LOL.. A game can make you fear playing with people of your own kind that much? That's so sad.

FSOD shouldn't happen in the first place.. on PSO or PSU.. on JP or US.. stuff like that is s'posed to be patched when it's discovered.. if FSOD is discovered on PSU and effects your decision to play on the JP servers because it happens less.. you realize that you're only shifting the blame from Sonic Team to the players on the other server, right? Sonic Team is the one who's s'posed to act on these types of things.. don't kiss their ass or Japanese players' ass because it happens less or not at all there..

If it was because of how US players horded items.. well.. that's what the new loot system is in place for..

If it's because someone calls you a "f4g" or argues with you.. would you truly feel better playing on a Japanese server where people can call you a fag.. or otherwise.. and you can't understand it? (Ignorance is bliss?) The Japanese, although like I said some people might think they're polite, they're some of the most uppity people I've ever come across. I guess not being able to understand them makes things better for you over all, though..

Meh.. =)

LOL QFT!

I'm totally switching to US as soon as possible. I really enjoy the game and I wanna be able to understand what the hell I'm doing instead of just guess and testing all the menus.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 13, 2006, 11:32 PM
Someone calling you a "f4g"? I mean, you guys act like you've been through torture or something..

Just seems a large portion of the population are complete toolbags. If you can avoid them, then why bother?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-13 21:34 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 13, 2006, 11:51 PM
lets be honest here. elitism is the real reason i think some people want to stay on the jp version. so they can say haha we got updates first we R bettar!

im suprised anyone even played psoBB by the time that came out i was burned out on pso to the point that to this day i cant play more than one stage without getting bored. plyaed pso from day one on dreamcast till the day i quit pso ep3 with a short break between ver2 and ep2. and even if i wasnt burned out LOL@ abdoning multiple lvl 150+ charachters to play on a pc instead of a console lawlz.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 13, 2006, 11:57 PM
I agree about the elitism, but not for everyone.

For some (myself included), PSOBB was the first opportunity to play PSO online. Besides, level 150 isn't really all that high.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 14, 2006, 01:20 AM
lets be honest here. elitism is the real reason i think some people want to stay on the jp version. so they can say haha we got updates first we R bettar!

Yeah, nobody would want to get updates first b/c they like the game.

Haze2in1
Sep 14, 2006, 01:20 AM
Since Im living in Tokyo at the moment, I think Ill be sticking with the JP server for the time being. Maybe change later...........only time will tell................

Niki
Sep 14, 2006, 01:26 AM
On 2006-09-13 23:20, GaijinPUnch wrote:

Cheers! You win.

Alisha
Sep 14, 2006, 01:28 AM
On 2006-09-13 23:20, GaijinPUnch wrote:

i think you missed the point. it's one thing to like it but it's another to flaunt it. wich epeople frequently did on ver2.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 14, 2006, 04:54 AM
i think you missed the point. it's one thing to like it but it's another to flaunt it. wich epeople frequently did on ver2.

Well, you know how the old saying goes.

Polly
Sep 14, 2006, 05:13 AM
On 2006-09-14 02:54, GaijinPUnch wrote:

Well, you know how the old saying goes.

"If you got it, better flaunt it, another warrant, two of America's most wanted" ?

Tycho
Sep 14, 2006, 05:25 AM
I'll likely be staying, though that doesn't mean I won't try out the English version. I'm just scared about this becoming a second Blue Burst.

Anera
Sep 14, 2006, 05:49 AM
im also be staying on JPN server i have to meny friends there and im from Australia my timezone is 1h a head to japan timezone say JPN 7pm AUS be 8pm
so is good for me i only can play at night-time
here in AUS night-time in FF11 not alot US player on
so it was hard to get in PT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anera on 2006-09-14 04:10 ]</font>

Kamica
Sep 14, 2006, 06:11 AM
So far, I would have to say that enough importers are staying put. As long as I have friends to play with and help me out whenever I have a japanese-ralated question, then I really have no need to jump ship.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-09-14 11:21 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Sep 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
On 2006-09-13 21:32, GaijinPUnch wrote:

Someone calling you a "f4g"? I mean, you guys act like you've been through torture or something..

Just seems a large portion of the population are complete toolbags. If you can avoid them, then why bother?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-13 21:34 ]</font>

SWEEEEEEEEEEPING GENERALIZATIONS, GO GO GO!

I promise you the japanese aren't any better. They'll probably make fun of you to your face but you just won't realize it. If you've played FFXI any you would know that. With all the JP PT ONRY! and (|English|) (|Party|) = (|Death|) that the JP would put in thier pt search comments or bazaar comments.

Saiffy
Sep 14, 2006, 08:00 AM
rofl, "JAPANESE ARE SO NICE KEKEKEKEKE" They're bigger douches most of the time than english players.

Parn
Sep 14, 2006, 08:02 AM
JP ONRY {English} {leave}

Saw variations of that in Japanese player search comments on FFXI on a routine basis. True story.

Valkayree
Sep 14, 2006, 09:47 AM
On 2006-09-13 11:13, watashiwa wrote:

On 2006-09-13 11:09, Niki wrote:
If I get left too far behind to party with anyone, eventually I'll quit.

This isn't like FFXI or WoW where you can't party when people get a certain level. You can always party with people.. even if you were to party with 5 level 50s and you're level 1, they could take you to the highest mission you can take at your level, and you could hit everything once and get the same exp you'd get if you were to do it with people around your level. (Provided all you were doing is tagging.. and if you tagged a monster instead of killing it, you'd get 80% of the exp as opposed to 100%.. which is still good..)

Heck, if you can find a party of all high levels and you're low level, you can power level pretty quickly .. tag stuff while they wreck stuff up.. The only problem with that is, your Photon Arts or Techniques would level really slow because you couldn't cast or use them enough for them to level up decently. But, you can always just go solo some really weak monsters when you're higher level and repeatedly cast your techniques or use your PAs to level them up quickly afterward..

And that concludes the Intro to PowerLeveling 101. If you would please form a line in the front, now that you have all been told this secret, we now have to kill you.

Valkayree
Sep 14, 2006, 09:50 AM
On 2006-09-14 06:02, Parn wrote:
JP ONRY {English} {leave}

Saw variations of that in Japanese player search comments on FFXI on a routine basis. True story.

Yeah and they write your characters name with a little "w" at the end (their "lol") so you know that they are laughing at you for being American. I say good, let them be jealous, I just wanted in their party because I like their playing style in FFXI, a little more boring but safer, less risk involved. But they don't want me so <expletive deleted>.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-14 07:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-14 07:51 ]</font>

brandonall
Sep 15, 2006, 05:11 AM
I just bought this game put it in my player and it wont install!!@#%$ It just goes to the dos screen than back out. I wish I would have know you needed a japanese comp....

EJ
Sep 15, 2006, 05:24 AM
eh no, you just need to set your language to japanese to install it.

brandonall
Sep 15, 2006, 05:35 AM
Ive done that 20x times it goes to dos than exits "sigh"

GaijinPUnch
Sep 15, 2006, 06:03 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEPING GENERALIZATIONS, GO GO GO!

Not really.

I promise you the japanese aren't any better. They'll probably make fun of you to your face but you just won't realize it.

I promise you you have no clue what you're talking about. After logging about 1000 hours on the JPN GC servers, I only had one jerk off (and everyone else in the room thought so too, FYI). I'm not saying every westerner I ran into was a flake (I knew quite a few cool ones) but opening an unlocked game on the US ships back then was a total crap shoot... odds were against you actually.

Kamica
Sep 15, 2006, 06:11 AM
On 2006-09-15 03:11, brandonall wrote:
I just bought this game put it in my player and it wont install!!@#%$ It just goes to the dos screen than back out. I wish I would have know you needed a japanese comp....

Trust us. PSU will work fine on your computer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-09-15 04:16 ]</font>

brandonall
Sep 15, 2006, 06:13 AM
is there a reason it keeps exiting the setup/dos screen? Maybe I just got a bad copy or something.

A2K
Sep 15, 2006, 06:41 AM
I don't... ever recall getting any command prompts (DOS). As far as I could tell it was a standard Windows installer. It does actually sound like you have a bad copy. What error messages, if any, do you receive?

LoneVandal
Sep 15, 2006, 07:51 AM
Parn, myself and my friends who imported are all going to the US version asap.

brandonall
Sep 15, 2006, 08:18 AM
I just got back from a friends house who has a less powerfull comp yet the installer launches no problem. I honestly have no idea whats up.

Haze2in1
Sep 15, 2006, 08:42 AM
That is strange.......Is you optical drive having trouble reading the cd?

brandonall
Sep 15, 2006, 09:02 AM
Cant be I installed wow on it not to long ago. Autoplay thingie comes up and will allow me to install divx but not the game. Over at my friends house everything was working fine.

Kaply
Sep 15, 2006, 09:42 AM
You really should have tech support questions in it's appropriate area. But also check that you're using a DVD drive to read the game disc. Other than that, I can't think of any other problems you would have without any supporting error message. Ie. check your event viewer might be able to tell you some more information about why the program is crashing out.

I do wonder what exactly the character vocals are going to say in english when fighting.
One other reason I'd stay on the JPN servers is that I have more faith that this type of game interests japanese players more thus the survivability of the servers is higher than I feel it would be in the US. I wonder why sega doesn't bother to try to consolidate the severs into one. From what I'm hearing of PSOBB this would help their service a lot more than letting it just die a stagnant death.

Also 8 character slots for the altmaniac in me. As well as being able to have all 5 PMs!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-15 07:54 ]</font>

Sev
Sep 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-09-15 07:42, Kaply wrote:
You really should have tech support questions in it's appropriate area. But also check that you're using a DVD drive to read the game disc. Other than that, I can't think of any other problems you would have without any supporting error message. Ie. check your event viewer might be able to tell you some more information about why the program is crashing out.

I do wonder what exactly the character vocals are going to say in english when fighting.
One other reason I'd stay on the JPN servers is that I have more faith that this type of game interests japanese players more thus the survivability of the servers is higher than I feel it would be in the US. I wonder why sega doesn't bother to try to consolidate the severs into one. From what I'm hearing of PSOBB this would help their service a lot more than letting it just die a stagnant death.

Also 8 character slots for the altmaniac in me. As well as being able to have all 5 PMs!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-15 07:54 ]</font>

I don't think PSU will have the same subscription problems. PSO:BB is still PSO, the gameplay and for the most part the looks, are still PSO. Most of the people who were long time players or potentially long time players couldn't get into it because they're burnt out. I personally know 4 of them, myself included.

And as far as character vocals, I don't think I'll care much. I don't know about ya'll... But any verse spoken in a language is gonna get annoying sooner or later, even if you don't understand the langauge well. Whether there's JP or English vocals in the NA/EU release is of no concern to me, because I'm using grunts. People don't generally stop and say a general statement or word before performing some type of action.