PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Still Waiting... *sigh*

Chronicbeast
Sep 13, 2006, 11:52 AM
Ok, it's been about a 2 weeks since the Sega Direct Packages have been shipped from play-asia, and I still haven't received mine yet. I pre-ordered it since February, so I figured I would be one of the first to get it by mail. Sadly, that hasn't happened yet. I'm thinking about sending an e-mail to them to see wth is going on or can I get a refund if it hasn't even left their premisses. Cuz it says "Package Shipped", but I chose just the air mail shipping so I can't track it. Last time I ordered something from play-asia, it got there within the week. Just wondering what should I do guys? Wait paticently a little more or get on their butts about this? I mean, this is $122 we're talking about here T_T

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Sep 13, 2006, 11:57 AM
for that kind of investment.... And considering everyone else has gotten theirs already... I would definitely send them a concerned email about it. It's possible that something happened to the package during shipping... But if you don't complain, you may never get any results. =

Ryna
Sep 13, 2006, 12:03 PM
The package maybe stuck in customs.

Did you have the package mailed via a company that offers package tracking (example: Fedex)?

uhawww
Sep 13, 2006, 12:07 PM
Send an email...but still, you need to read the print before making the selection...

Airmail
This shipping option is available for smaller shipments with a weight below 2kg. Airmail shipments are carried out through your local post office. Though we ship out all Airmail parcels insured and registered, there is no online tracking facility available for this service. It usually takes around 5 to 14 days for Airmail shipments to arrive to your destination. However, under certain circumstances it can take up to 4-5 weeks.

This is because US Customs may legally hold any and all standard mail from international sources for up to 45 days for whatever reason they want. There is a possibility for customs hold for Courier shipping (UPS/FEDEX/etc), but those private firms have contracts with the gov't to guarantee release in 72 hours or less from Customs.

As a general rule, never ship via Airmail unless you really don't want/need it soon, due to the possibility of extended Customs holds. Unfortunately, once customs has it, there's nothing you can really do to get it to you faster other than lodge an injunction with your postmaster. EMS Speedpost should be your budget option, but by that time, you might as well front the cost for Courier shipping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-13 10:18 ]</font>

Chronicbeast
Sep 13, 2006, 12:17 PM
On 2006-09-13 10:07, uhawww wrote:
Send an email...but still, you need to read the print before making the selection...

Airmail
This shipping option is available for smaller shipments with a weight below 2kg. Airmail shipments are carried out through your local post office. Though we ship out all Airmail parcels insured and registered, there is no online tracking facility available for this service. It usually takes around 5 to 14 days for Airmail shipments to arrive to your destination. However, under certain circumstances it can take up to 4-5 weeks.

This is because US Customs may legally hold any and all standard mail from international sources for up to 45 days for whatever reason they want. There is a possibility for customs hold for Courier shipping (UPS/FEDEX/etc), but those private firms have contracts with the gov't to guarantee release in 72 hours or less from Customs.

As a general rule, never ship via Airmail unless you really don't want/need it. EMS Speedpost should be your budget option, but by that time, you ight as well front the cost for Courier shipping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-13 10:11 ]</font>

Yeah, I read that, but I just made the assumption that it would come within the week or two cuz I ordered Naruto: Gekkito Ninja Taisen 4 from them and it got there by the weekend and I used the same shipping method.

Ah well, this is a lesson well learned =(

Rubesahl
Sep 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah :/ that's too bad really. That's why I mostly use any shipping option that has tracking. Except for CDs, which I just let them be a surprise gift in my garage since I pick a non-tracking shipping and I'm not as excited about it as a game >.>