PDA

View Full Version : How to get online with PS2 version?

Kazzi
Sep 13, 2006, 03:05 PM
Ack *_* my copy finally arrived today but i cant get online. I keep receiving either a 45 error or a 402 error =/ does anyone know how to get online with the PS2 version? I'm using a PAL PS2 and a swap magic.

Help would be appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kazzi on 2006-09-13 13:10 ]</font>

xenokai
Sep 13, 2006, 03:08 PM
O.o i dont think you can use swap magic if you wanna go online O.o

Kazzi
Sep 13, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-09-13 13:08, xenokai wrote:
O.o i dont think you can use swap magic if you wanna go online O.o

Do you know what i could use to get online? When i searched the forums someone said they managed to get online with a Swap Magic =/ but it doesnt seem to work

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kazzi on 2006-09-13 13:10 ]</font>

xenokai
Sep 13, 2006, 03:12 PM
i donno

Velocity_7
Sep 13, 2006, 03:47 PM
If you are trying to get online with a USA PS2 on the JP version of PSU, you will need to either:

1. have a Japanese PS2 handy
2. if you use a modded USA PS2 or have a method to load non-US games, you need to change its machine ID to one that is recognized as a JP PS2. I will not describe the method here as, although it is gray, it's borderline.

If you cannot match either of the two, you're kind of screwed in regards to playing on the PS2. Best suggestion would be to hopefully get someone who already has the PC version of the game, install that, register your game key with segalink and go online that way.

Kazzi
Sep 13, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-09-13 13:47, Velocity_7 wrote:
If you are trying to get online with a USA PS2 on the JP version of PSU, you will need to either:

1. have a Japanese PS2 handy
2. if you use a modded USA PS2 or have a method to load non-US games, you need to change its machine ID to one that is recognized as a JP PS2. I will not describe the method here as, although it is gray, it's borderline.

If you cannot match either of the two, you're kind of screwed in regards to playing on the PS2. Best suggestion would be to hopefully get someone who already has the PC version of the game, install that, register your game key with segalink and go online that way.

Sadly i dont know anyone who has a copy of the PC version. Thank you for taking the time to clear all this up since every other time it's been mentioned no ones has given a difinitive answer. I suppose i'll have to wait for the EU version to come out before i can play online =/

Thanks again~