PDA

View Full Version : Importing.

Miller
Sep 13, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hey, I'll be importing two copies of PSU, one PC and one PS2 from the US for my EU Ps2 and PC. So I have two questions.

1. Will PSU be playable online on my fat version mod chipped PS2.

2. How will I pay for online mode, will the US version accept Visa Electron debit cards?

Thanks in advance.

Miller

Lovejuice
Sep 13, 2006, 06:37 PM
I'm none too savvy with the first question, but I can answer your second one to some degree.

PSU for US/EU is using the same system as PSO:BB for payment and ID, PlaySega (http://www.playsega.com/). PlaySega is exactly the same for all Blue Burst users from Europe and the States. With PlaySega you could pay for your Blue Burst service (which is one and the same for all countries listed on the PlaySega registration drop-down list) using a Visa Electron.

Also, from the PSOBB.com Support FAQ (http://www.psobb.com/support/faq.php#no11):

Can I use a debit or check card to purchase my Hunter's License?

At this time, we accept Visa or MasterCard check cards. If your debit/ATM card has a Visa or MasterCard logo on it, then you should be able to use it to purchase your Hunter's License.

Seeing as PSU is using the same PlaySega system (and the US/EU servers are linked, like they are in Blue Burst), one can only assume that all cards that currently work with PlaySega still will.

Tystys
Sep 13, 2006, 07:03 PM
To answer your first question, people are having problems with the JP version trying to get it to work online with the swap magic disc and a mod chip...so far, neither work, so just stick with PC.

Miller
Sep 13, 2006, 07:08 PM
I'll be importing the US version to the Uk will that make any difference?

I need both version of me and my girlfriend can play at the same time and her Pc will not run PSU.

MoonSblaise
Sep 13, 2006, 07:11 PM
Paying with visa-electron is awesome XD i won't need parents to pay for it, but i need a site to ship the US version to UK that accepts the visa electron in the first place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif any help?

Miller
Sep 13, 2006, 07:17 PM
VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA = win getting both PC and PS2 versions for £66

DVDboxoffice.com also is good but they don't have PSU PC for preorder yet but free shipping :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miller on 2006-09-13 17:17 ]</font>

MoonSblaise
Sep 13, 2006, 07:20 PM
Oooo awesome o.O.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif <checks it out now> if it looks good i'll edit this to "I LOVE MILLER"...

Lovejuice
Sep 13, 2006, 07:24 PM
Honestly, I don't know if the US version of PSU will have some specific thing (I mean, according to the official site it says "the billing system for Phantasy Star Universe is not completed") that will tie your copy of the game to debit/ATM cards only from the States, but it would seem a little silly seeing as the Blue Burst system works fine, that and the release dates between the US and EU versions are only a month apart. Unfortunately we'll all have to wait and see it differs at all from the BB system.

As for import places, Import Madness (http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/prod?Item_Number=132064) also currently has the US PC version available for UK pre-orders (@ £31.99).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-09-13 17:29 ]</font>

Husq
Sep 13, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-09-13 16:00, Miller wrote:
1. Will PSU be playable online on my fat version mod chipped PS2.

Not unless you find a way to get arround the DNAS.

This is a way to get Monster hunter 2 online.
Not sure if it works with PSU.
First you need to change the EU machine ID to a JPN ID (works only with v1-v8).
Then you have to make a backup of the PSU disc and
patch it with the DNAS code form your original copy.
Now when ever you want to go online, you have to use the backup copy.
I know it sounds weird, but it worked for some ps2 games, to get imports online, in the past.

One thing, changing you machine ID will make the PS2 run slower,
and for my taste the ps2 is slow enought.

Warning do not do it, unless you're 100% certain
that you know what you're doing.

Besides i'm not sure if it even will work with PSU,
since PSU can/is going to be patched,
unlike other ps2 games.

MoonSblaise
Sep 13, 2006, 07:38 PM
ouch i paid £35 and it takes 1-14 days to arrive... If it doesnt accept UK Credit cards that would be damn rediculous! but heck its the same price as a normal rpg so not the end of the world and the offline would last me a month... ANOTHER QUESTION! The Ps2 controller adapter USB to use a ps2 controller on the PC.... Any websites for it that accept electron?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Sep 13, 2006, 07:50 PM
I'm from the UK, and had exactly the same question, so I PM'ed Clumsyorchid (the Sega Representative for BB, and probably for PSU:

This is what he wrote: (I'd asked if he knew whether the US version for PC would be online-compatible with an EU card)

"I can't say with any certainty so it's best that I don't comment, maybe will know closer to the US release so check back and ping me again."

I'll try again in a couple of weeks- I'm hoping it'll work, as I'd like to pre-order too.

MoonSblaise
Sep 13, 2006, 07:53 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif No going back for me now hehe! as far as i see, i'd need a game to amuse me anyhow, but my moneys on the game accepting some form of E.UCredit card, be it not electron. <big sigh> Matter of time! But yeah, now i need one of those PS2 controller converters! XD

MoonSblaise
Sep 14, 2006, 08:27 AM
I Ordered the PC game set for release on the 24th October, which one would think is the american version.. but from the canadian site >.> videogamesplus.ca... is there an actual canadian version? or would it just be the US, slightly concerned about the billing system side of it!

Miller
Sep 14, 2006, 11:42 AM
But since the US and Eu are using the same servers will DNAS be an issue?

Husq
Sep 14, 2006, 03:04 PM
Yes,
the DNAS checks the region code of the game and compares
it with the machine ID of the ps2.
If it doesnt match, it will give you an error (when trying to connect to the server).
You need to know that the DNAS prevents cheating.
If you could connected to the server, say using swap magic
you can technically cheats as well.
So the dnas is not really a bad thing, except for importers...

MoonSblaise
Sep 14, 2006, 03:22 PM
What about PC will it have any problem?

Husq
Sep 14, 2006, 03:43 PM
You'll be fine,
DNAS check only applies for the ps2.
Import pc software, since winxp, are pretty much import friendly.

MoonSblaise
Sep 14, 2006, 03:51 PM
Beautiful, now i jus gotta hope the whole credit card scenario works >.> Shipping from Canada

Tystys
Sep 14, 2006, 04:07 PM
Good luck Moon, XD.

Yeah, just to re-emphasize, if you're importing make sure to get the PC version because you won't have any problems.

I lub my PC.

Miller
Sep 14, 2006, 04:46 PM
Bah! Unless someone posts me a bypass I'll have to wait 2 month to get PSU :@

How are the JP ps2 importers playing online?

Tystys
Sep 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
They aren't, O_O. They got the PC version.