PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is Friendly =D

RamenEater
Sep 14, 2006, 12:55 AM
Man, when I first got into PSO back in the day on DC everyone was very friendly. It was when i joined the MMO scene with ffxi that I saw all the elitests and shit like that. People being greedy for armor and just going overboard with a videogame. Now i'm coming back to PSU and even the forums are alot friendly. I haven't seen one flame thread yet. Of course it doesnt mean there still won't be assholes out there, but alot less that's for sure.

Deprimenthia
Sep 14, 2006, 12:58 AM
Get the hell off the forum.

Joking >>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 14, 2006, 12:59 AM
Well, PSU will probably have less drama than PSOBB (at least at first), but that doesn't really say much.

Alisha
Sep 14, 2006, 01:25 AM
oh dc pso had drama it just didn't really rear it's ugly head until ver2. the elitist that you see in ffxi are a little different than the pso style ones though.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 14, 2006, 01:30 AM
Remember what it felt like to just enter an ongoing game/team in pso? How nice it would feel to just hav everyone greet back, let alone be greatful someone joined in :>
..lol then my mind switches to FFXI or Monster Hunter where the only time you join people is when you can bring something to the table. greed > all

It's going to be soo good. I really hope the people who question joining PSU Online will not hold back and just go for it, it's such a feeling.

Kyuu
Sep 14, 2006, 01:40 AM
Oh, don't get too optimistic. Just look at how many people here hate me. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-13 23:42 ]</font>

Miyoko
Sep 14, 2006, 01:43 AM
That's 'cause you're emo.

... Kidding, kidding!...

RamenEater
Sep 14, 2006, 01:43 AM
i cant wait i cant wait!

Niki
Sep 14, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-09-13 23:40, Kyuu wrote:
Oh, don't get too optimistic. Just look at how many people here hate me. ^_^

It's not you, it's the Emo you stand for.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-09-13 23:45 ]</font>

Zelutos
Sep 14, 2006, 02:02 AM
Don't worry, we're all pretty friendly...*hides knife behind back*

Disasteroid
Sep 14, 2006, 02:06 AM
You can all die in a fire! =D

Natrokos
Sep 14, 2006, 02:56 AM
I like this forum for the most part......The community as a whole is much better than ffxi without question. There are a couple arrogant fascist pricks around though........

(points at you.)

SANEagent
Sep 14, 2006, 03:19 AM
Thats true, my favorite thing about dc pso was the community of people who would all greet you when you joined a game...and were always willing to help out.

Phaze37
Sep 14, 2006, 03:52 AM
PSO was an easy game for the most part, and because of that I actually found it to be a very relaxing game. Because it was easy there wasn't much drama, and as long as a player is able to swing a sword or shoot a gun or use techs there's not much that anyone can do to really hinder the team. You didn't even need good equipment to be an asset to your team. I hope the struggle for S ranks and meseta doesn't cause elitism in PSU.

EnSill
Sep 14, 2006, 05:54 AM
I fully agree with RamenEater.

I know I was really happy with the community of PSO (DC) and each time I was going online was a source of great fun.
I met people from PSO, IRL, that I still see once or twice a month (for restaurants, movies, etc).

Then I made the DAOC US Beta, which was really nice too.
And then came the release... and the big changes in my perception of online communities.
It was so different from PSO and the beta...
Hard to find nice people, and parties without arguments over pointless things (loot, strategy, people in party...)
Just like we had to take the game... seriously.

And it's the same in most of the MMOs I played so far...

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying: there are great people on each and every servers of any MMO...
But it's not the same as the massive community of people having fun together that I found in PSO.
We were just playing a game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

What amazes me most is that you'd think it would be the opposite, given that parties in PSO were 4members max...
^_^;

Forever Zero
Sep 14, 2006, 06:45 AM
Yes well, I've always liked the PSO community more than the MMO's out there such as FFXI. In a game like FFXI the only time a random person talked to me was when they wanted something like a raise for their friend halfway across the world or had to make a smart ass remark about my equiptment. -_- Also, people on FFXI just seemed like robots to me. o_O However in PSO random people can just come up and carry on a conversation. It's nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Yes, people on PSO can be jerks too, but it's not quite as annoying as the eletism in MMO's.

Invisible1122
Sep 14, 2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah when I used to play PSO people were always way friendlier than in WoW (not to say WoW is all unfriendly, it was a great game).

princejake2
Sep 14, 2006, 09:53 AM
I found people in MxO to be friendly for the most part.

Bleu
Sep 14, 2006, 09:57 AM
Oh, I dunno about that. I quit WoW cause elitist jerks. But that was just my experience. Though I will fully agree, the PSO community is something special. I find the community refreshing. Yea, we can be a bit serious sometimes, but its laid back for the most part. As long as your doing something, everything is just fine. Heck, I think the only reason I'm getting PSU is because of the community, but thats just me I guess.

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 14, 2006, 01:17 PM
There are a fair share of elitists around here.

zofia
Sep 14, 2006, 01:36 PM
I have such inredibly awesome memories of the first months of PSO, back in late January 2001 through March or so. Awesome times. I had good times when v2 came around, too, and then again for a long azz time when GC PSO came around.

I will never say PSO (or PSU which I haven't played yet) or any game is 'perfect' but PSO is 'perfect' for me. From the game itself, to the setting and story and look of things, and most importantly the great players I've met over the years.

I'm looking forward to making new friends in PSU.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 14, 2006, 01:49 PM
I do enjoy being around a friendly community, but if I really have to for idiots out there, I'll pull out my flame thrower. LOL

DurakkenX
Sep 14, 2006, 01:54 PM
i'm gonna have to say some of the fun factor of PSO is missing from PSU but only a little bit. There are flaws in xp, levels, meseta, and item drops in so much as the amount vs the effort, but that's only considering 2 weeks with a lot of flaws and the updates missing right now.

PSO was extremely fun until the elitism of Hacker vs Legits. Even that conflict was fun at first but it's been taken too far... with PSU i'm waiting for the conflict to arise...i wonder what it'll be...

DamonKatu
Sep 14, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-09-13 23:43, RamenEater wrote:
i cant wait i cant wait!

Me eather but *dumps ice cold water on him* Chill out. We still got over 40 days till the release.

zofia
Sep 14, 2006, 02:01 PM
[b]with PSU i'm waiting for the conflict to arise...i wonder what it'll be...

Heh.

Yeah, drama in this game is inevitable.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
Its friendlier because its not persistent like MMOs where you have alot to invest into those types of games. PSO and Monster Hunter were prolly the most continuously enjoyable online-multiplayer games I've ever played over the MMOs do to their pick-up and play approach where you don't have to invest so much time. If FFXI were scaled down to the scope of a multiplayer online game like PSO or MH it would be alot more enjoyable. Hopefully PSU will set an example of what other developers should focus on when producing online adventure games.

Zabrio
Sep 14, 2006, 02:15 PM
When i start to get to high lvs on PSU I will tack some time off from lving and help out new people I mean we were all new at one time and no one likes games with elite jerks who care nothing for people not near their lv or skill.