PDA

View Full Version : 360 definitely separated from other servers

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 14, 2006, 01:15 AM
Here's a picture I took (not sure if it's on main site atm) and I haven't really posted here since fan fic contest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Kudou-Yusaku/Miscellaneous/proof360noPCPS2.jpg

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 14, 2006, 01:18 AM
What a surprise![/sarcasm]

Kers
Sep 14, 2006, 01:25 AM
From recent topic just read new playstation mag all connected including 360 (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=119043&forum=20&start=90):

On 2006-09-13 16:49, Marik wrote:
The 360 Version will be seperate.

clumsyorchid

Sort of a misleading quote. I attended this Multiplayer session; we had editors from the three magazines participating, but the game was played on PS2 and PC units. I can set the record straight with an official confirmation:

The Xbox360 Servers will be seperate from the PS2/PC servers.

http://boards.ign.com/phantasy_star_universe/b7890/126216972/p1/?6

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marik on 2006-09-13 16:50 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 14, 2006, 02:11 AM
Well not everybody has IGN Insider access, but all right. I didn't know he posted that here as well.

SANEagent
Sep 14, 2006, 02:21 AM
There was still that glimmer of hope....though faint and distant....to be honest...almost not even there....but now that is all gone. I guess I wont be able to play with my pc friends after all....sigh.

Natrokos
Sep 14, 2006, 02:44 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!! Ok i'm over it. All my friends are playing 360 anyway. If you are disappointed I feel for ya but if you didn't see this coming then you have issues.

Akumasama
Sep 14, 2006, 06:44 AM
The fact of having separated servers grants us pros and cons at the same time.
The Con is that we won't be able to play with friends/people from the PS2/PC version.

The Pros are that we will get less lag, and less hacks.

Let's be honest about this, we know how SEGA works... all the versions of the game will have bugs/exploits that some players will like to use, like we're all used from the old PSO days.
Still on PC third party programs will slowly come out, allowing you to do the impossible (Look what happened to Diablo II, to Final Fantasy XI etc etc). Being that these hackers will be on the same servers as PS2, the result is that PS2 users will get these negative things too.
On the other Hand 360 servers will be alone, separated from PC, and so no hacks at all (only bugs included in the game, which will sadly be present on all the versions, I'm sure of it)

Garroway
Sep 14, 2006, 07:42 AM
It's better this way. Think of all the people that we wont have to blacklist from the onset now.

hypersaxon
Sep 14, 2006, 09:09 AM
On 2006-09-14 05:42, Garroway wrote:
It's better this way. Think of all the people that we wont have to blacklist from the onset now.

If people are so stuck up that they'll blacklist me just for talking through a headset, I don't really want to play with them anyways.

I can see how the quote in that article can be misleading, what they meant to say was that the Xbox 360 "editors" were playing the game with the other console "editors" lol funny how people like to jump to conclusions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SephYuyX
Sep 14, 2006, 09:13 AM
Atleast 360 servers will be stable, id buy that version if I had one.

Valkayree
Sep 14, 2006, 09:18 AM
Good. Viva la voice chat ^_^

Ryna
Sep 14, 2006, 11:01 AM
<Devil's Advocate>
Are we really sure this is the "real" Clumsyorchid?
</Devil's Advocate>

It seems like there would be better ways to announce news like this than to make a post on an IGN forum.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Sep 14, 2006, 12:23 PM
Yes, don't believe anything you say until an OFFICIAL announcement is made.

Pacpunk
Sep 14, 2006, 12:24 PM
i want a source!lol

Ryna
Sep 14, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-09-14 10:23, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:

If it is the real Clumsyorchid, it should be considered as an official confirmation. I'm just wanting to make sure it is the "real deal". I'm not trying to be paranoid, but I just want to cover all of my bases on matters like this.

Cross
Sep 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
Well, his post count is in the 5600s. That's a pretty long time to be putting on an act like that without being called on it.

Garroway
Sep 14, 2006, 12:48 PM
On 2006-09-14 07:09, hypersaxon wrote:

If people are so stuck up that they'll blacklist me just for talking through a headset, I don't really want to play with them anyways.

I can see how the quote in that article can be misleading, what they meant to say was that the Xbox 360 "editors" were playing the game with the other console "editors" lol funny how people like to jump to conclusions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I should have been more clear. I just don't like naming names. I'm getting the 360 version, I was commenting on me not having to black list the PS2 elitists.

Parn
Sep 14, 2006, 12:49 PM
Maybe it's a scam, like the EVE Online thing. Just without the space cash and virtual money market that goes with it. Or something.

watashiwa
Sep 14, 2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.ro-world.com/challenger17.jpg

I'm more concerned with advertising and getting this game popular with a community than the servers being seperated.. I made a post on the PSOBB forums' PSU area about them adding a trailer or demo or something to the XBox360 Marketplace.. it really needs to be done. They can't expect game mags or review sites to take care of everything..

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Sep 14, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-09-14 10:30, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-09-14 10:23, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:

If it is the real Clumsyorchid, it should be considered as an official confirmation. I'm just wanting to make sure it is the "real deal". I'm not trying to be paranoid, but I just want to cover all of my bases on matters like this.

The announcement may be from an an executive from Sega, but that does not make it an official press release. Until it is listed on the PSU website or released by Sega officially, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Kurenaii
Sep 14, 2006, 12:57 PM
Good, hopefully all of these "360 is with PS2/PC!" will go away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Watashiwa, exactly what I'm concerned about too. We need to get PSU popular to 360 users, cause. I only have a few people on my list that know about it, and that's about it. I'll talk to the others, show them trailers and stuff 'bout it. Hopefully that'll help a little.

Even though I think it'd be nice to have a less populated server, especially with the whole voice chat thing. I don't want to hear people blasting their rap music like they did in PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kurenaii on 2006-09-14 11:02 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 14, 2006, 02:49 PM
Seeing as PSU is the only other MMO for the Xbox 360 besides FFXI, I'm sure it will attract alot of attention. I've seen a lot of PSU Linkshells lately (which are fairly populated) on several servers, and seeing as FFXI is old and blah, I'm sure PSU will be fine.

In either case, at least I won't be playing with people who are stuck in permanent "bullet time". Less people to steal my rares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kurenaii
Sep 14, 2006, 02:52 PM
On 2006-09-14 12:49, Zeta wrote:
Seeing as PSU is the only other MMO for the Xbox 360 besides FFXI, I'm sure it will attract alot of attention. I've seen a lot of PSU Linkshells lately (which are fairly populated) on several servers, and seeing as FFXI is old and blah, I'm sure PSU will be fine.

In either case, at least I won't be playing with people who are stuck in permanent "bullet time". Less people to steal my rares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

There's Enchanted Arms. It is online, but nothing freeroaming like FFXI or PSU.

watashiwa
Sep 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I think Enchanted Arms only let's you like.. battle your golem party vs another person's golem party and that's all. THEN YOU GET RANKED!!!!

McLaughlin
Sep 14, 2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it's 1v1 online mode.

The offline portion was decent though.

zandra117
Sep 14, 2006, 03:02 PM
Its the real clumsyorchid, his user account on IGN is on the VIP list for a reason.

Also I agree with watashiwa, we need to get the word about this game out to the 360 users. Everytime I make a post on the xbox.com forums about it the topic either gets little to no replies or it goes into an off topic discussion about Huxley or FFXI.

I also find it sad that xbox.com doesn't even have PSU listed anywhere on the site. The only information about PSU on xbox.com is on the forums where a few people like me have posted about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-14 13:16 ]</font>

Valkayree
Sep 14, 2006, 03:09 PM

Yes! And considering that PSU has been rumored to be hacked on the PC, it makes me even more happy that I will be on the 360.

McLaughlin
Sep 14, 2006, 03:12 PM
I find it hard to believe it's been hacked. The way the files have been named, ST's basically saying "Try it, dumb ass."

Valkayree
Sep 14, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-09-14 12:52, Kurenaii wrote:

There's Enchanted Arms. It is online, but nothing freeroaming like FFXI or PSU.

Enchanted arms isn't too bad once you get past the two hour prologue. However, the game crashes in Sayaka's hometown constantly for me. I have to save there every 10 steps. Other than that it's not too bad once you get past the first few hours of boredom tutorials and gayness (yes, literally gayness).

McLaughlin
Sep 14, 2006, 03:16 PM
He's on the PS2 I thought O_o

Valkayree
Sep 14, 2006, 03:16 PM
On 2006-09-14 13:12, Zeta wrote:
I find it hard to believe it's been hacked. The way the files have been named, ST's basically saying "Try it, dumb ass."

There's a a$$ claiming to have done it on the "weapon posting" thread on this board. The name is Iso something or other. I don't make it a point to remember cheaters.

zandra117
Sep 14, 2006, 03:37 PM
Another thing good about the 360 is that there is no action replay or other cheating device for it, Microsoft had a talk with the people that make the cheating devices (action replay, gameshark, etc.) and told them not to make any devices for the xbox360, the reason behind this is that all xbox360 games have acheivements and when you unlock achievements your gamerscore goes up. Microsoft didnt want people using action replays to unlock achievements to boost their gamerscore so they made sure that no action replays or other cheat devices are made for the 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-14 13:37 ]</font>

MAGNUShunter
Sep 14, 2006, 06:17 PM
PSU + Microsoft = stability.
Long Live the---just kidding.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Btw, what EVE Online thing? I've been thinking about getting back on that game.

Taichi
Sep 14, 2006, 08:47 PM
I hope that this is true. It might be "double-edged" so to speak but I'm sure we'll have a healthy community. They really do need to put the first offline chapter on XBL Marketplace and add a bit of atease for the online portion to entice the people that may be looking to buy this game.

Number6
Sep 15, 2006, 12:14 AM
Boy, I said this 2 days ago and got yelled at and cried at and etc etc...

Kids.

Garroway
Sep 15, 2006, 02:02 AM
^ This is because you made claims with no solid ground to stand on. This issue is still not 100% certain. I agree that the source seems credible this time....but I also feel that the arguments that an IGN forum seems hardly the place to make an official claim. (For example, I can officialy claim that Number6 is mentaly retarded but nobody really knows what my qualifications are to make that kind of claim). I honestly don't know anything about Clumsyorchid's employment with Sega, involvement with the PSU project, or any other information about the person.

Regarding the issue at hand this is how I see it. The original plan was to have the xbox 360 on its own. The infamous E3 interview revealed that the decision hadn't been finalised (whatever that means). Now the IGN forum - which seems to me should not be viewed as 100% reliable. In truth, I can make it say Sega - VIP underneath my name, and with some fervant Saner style spamming I could always get my post count up.

Either way I don't really care. I just don't like Number6 and I wanted to point out that we were right to question his logic at the time, and I think that we're right in saying that this really doesn't seem like a 100% confirmation still.

Kyuu
Sep 15, 2006, 02:10 AM
Clumsyorchid is a Sega employee. You'd have to be pretty paranoid to suggest it's an elaborate hoax and Clumsyorchid is really some bum who found a laptop and hacked the PSO:BB forums while mooching off a Starbucks WiFi.

You didn't hear that from me, btw.

zandra117
Sep 15, 2006, 03:42 AM
On 2006-09-15 00:02, Garroway wrote:
In truth, I can make it say Sega - VIP underneath my name, and with some fervant Saner style spamming I could always get my post count up.

No, hes on the actual VIP list at IGN, Its not just written under his name.

Garroway
Sep 15, 2006, 04:08 AM
Jesus, you idiots take everything everyone says at literal face value don't you. I find it difficult to communicate with people that can't extrapolate the moderate meaning from extreme examples used as a set of possible boundaries. In the same posting you quoted from I stated that it seemed like a credible source. I'll explain as literal as I know how. I believe Clumsyorchid to be a legitimate employee of Sega. I believe that it is likely that everything in the IGN posting is true. I used the word likely because I do not know how involved Clumsyorchid is in the PSU project. Because I do not know anything about Clumsyorchid's involvement, I can not say with 100% certainty that the information is correct. I am not saying this because I believe that the information is incorrect. I am saying this because I do not have enough information to confirm, nor deny the possibility. I appologize for using an abstract example to illustrate a possible extreme boundarie for a very large set of possibilities. I should have known that many of you would be unable to extract meaning from anything other than simple closed ended statements. I have a feeling that several of you are the reason that Masamune Shiro seems to feel that he needs to beat points across with a sledgehammer long after most of us have "gotten it" and moved on.

Yachiru
Sep 15, 2006, 04:10 AM
On 2006-09-15 02:08, Garroway wrote:
Jesus, you idiots take everything everyone says at literal face value don't you. I find it difficult to communicate with people that can't extrapolate the moderate meaning from extreme examples used as a set of possible boundaries. In the same posting you quoted from I stated that it seemed like a credible source. I'll explain as literal as I know how. I believe Clumsyorchid to be a legitimate employee of Sega. I believe that it is likely that everything in the IGN posting is true. I used the word likely because I do not know how involved Clumsyorchid is in the PSU project. Because I do not know anything about Clumsyorchid's involvement, I can not say with 100% certainty that the information is correct. I am not saying this because I believe that the information is incorrect. I am saying this because I do not have enough information to confirm, nor deny the possibility. I appologize for using an abstract example to illustrate a possible extreme boundarie for a very large set of possibilities. I should have known that many of you would be unable to extract meaning from anything other than simple closed ended statements. I have a feeling that several of you are the reason that Masamune Shiro seems to feel that he needs to beat points across with a sledgehammer long after most of us have "gotten it" and moved on.

I apologize for going off-topic, but you think everyone's an idiot, don't you?

Garroway
Sep 15, 2006, 04:15 AM
Not everyone. I'm sure that I've been in agreement with someone somewhere.

Akumasama
Sep 15, 2006, 06:37 AM
Yes, you agreed with me when I said you're a total idiot.

xD

McLaughlin
Sep 15, 2006, 06:47 AM
Words with more than 3 syllables tend to confuse and frustrate people around here Garroway.

I understood what you meant though.

DizzyDi
Sep 15, 2006, 06:50 AM
On 2006-09-14 10:48, Garroway wrote:

On 2006-09-14 07:09, hypersaxon wrote:

I should have been more clear. I just don't like naming names. I'm getting the 360 version, I was commenting on me not having to black list the PS2 elitists.

And us PS2 "elitists" won't have to black list 360 fanboys and internet badasses like you. So it works both ways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Valkayree
Sep 15, 2006, 10:11 AM
On 2006-09-14 13:37, zandra117 wrote:
Another thing good about the 360 is that there is no action replay or other cheating device for it, Microsoft had a talk with the people that make the cheating devices (action replay, gameshark, etc.) and told them not to make any devices for the xbox360, the reason behind this is that all xbox360 games have acheivements and when you unlock achievements your gamerscore goes up. Microsoft didnt want people using action replays to unlock achievements to boost their gamerscore so they made sure that no action replays or other cheat devices are made for the 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-14 13:37 ]</font>

I saw a device in Best Buy just a week ago that allows you to transfer your game saves over to your pc. Sounds like an action replay, but it wouldn't work for this game thankfully because of the characters being stored on the server side and the lack of the ability to temporarily port your character to a memory card. The devices exist, but thankfully I don't think they would be much use to potential PSU user agreement violators. Looks like the cheaters who beg mommy for the modifications to their 360 will actually have to play online and experience the hardship of knowing that they are not gods. Boo hoo.

parabolee
Sep 15, 2006, 10:30 AM
Yes the device does exist that allows you to use other save games and unlock achievments without doing anything on the 360!

People who do it just for achievment points are serious losers if you ask me, i've seen on the device board with hundreds of thousands of achievments points. Microsoft should ban there accounts if you ask me.

Personally I don't care about my actual achievment score (especially as the amount of points you get in certain games is tottaly unbalanced), but I do love getting the achievments as a badge of honour for achieving certain difficult things (like the "Saint" achievment in Dead Rising for saving 52 survivors).

zandra117
Sep 15, 2006, 10:32 AM
On 2006-09-15 08:11, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-09-14 13:37, zandra117 wrote:

I saw a device in Best Buy just a week ago that allows you to transfer your game saves over to your pc. Sounds like an action replay.

I've seen that device too, Its just an extension of your harddrive, you can't transfer gamesaves to it, its only for music, video, picture, and game demo storage. Basically you can use it to store stuff that you can download off of the marketplace. The 360 won't let you transfer actual gamesaves to any device, I've tried already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-09-15 08:35 ]</font>

parabolee
Sep 15, 2006, 10:36 AM
Oh yes it does zandra117. You just don't know where to look to find the software and game saves. Believe me it works. Havn't done it myself but there are forums full of people swapping game saves.

zandra117
Sep 15, 2006, 10:43 AM
On 2006-09-15 08:36, parabolee wrote:
Oh yes it does zandra117. You just don't know where to look to find the software and game saves. Believe me it works. Havn't done it myself but there are forums full of people swapping game saves.

Its probably a home made device that they are using, maybe a modified version of that storage extender hardware.

Sabinblitz
Sep 15, 2006, 12:38 PM
The only regard I like the 360 version being isolated is we won't have to deal with hacks. Exploits until they get patched, but other than that, cheating shouldn't be rampant.

However, the fact it's seperate means less players. Considering the game is clearly advertising for a certain demographic (unique art style and almost always showing nothing but sabres as weapons in trailers), I don't see it selling to well. I certainly hope it surpasses XI 360 in terms of people playing (which would be enough for me) but judging by the fact people seemed to be "tricked" about XI's graphic quality when Square said HD Graphics and people interpreted as "graphic overhaul, 360 quality", the chances of someone picking up a new one are even more unlikely. Still, I'm excited about the game and will more than likely pick it up.

What's the monthly fee anywayz? If it's $15 for essentially a Guild Wars setup, I'm gonna be a little more than pissed.

parabolee
Sep 15, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-09-15 08:43, zandra117 wrote:

On 2006-09-15 08:36, parabolee wrote:

Its probably a home made device that they are using, maybe a modified version of that storage extender hardware.

No it isn't it is both the XSATA hard drive and/or the memory card adaptor. They both allow you to put regular Xbox games on the 360 AND back-up game saves. Which also allows you to use other peoples game saves.

Kyuu
Sep 15, 2006, 04:44 PM

^ This issue is still not 100% certain. I agree that the source seems credible this time....but I also feel that the arguments that an IGN forum seems hardly the place to make an official claim. (For example, I can officialy claim that Number6 is mentaly retarded but nobody really knows what my qualifications are to make that kind of claim). I honestly don't know anything about Clumsyorchid's employment with Sega, involvement with the PSU project, or any other information about the person.
You insinuated that Clumsyorchid wasn't a reliable source of information, and that the issue was still up in the air, because of your uncertainty of who Clumsyorchid is. Many of us know who he is, and therefore know that his word is pretty much the official word on the matter. It doesn't "seem" credible, it is credible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-15 17:34 ]</font>

Valkayree
Sep 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-09-15 02:08, Garroway wrote:

Lol, no it's because we are in mixed company on these boards, half of the people posting here are under 15 and don't understand those compex concepts. They've been taught to take everything at face value their entire life with MTV and reality television, and don't understand how to use their frontal lobes to formulate complex thought.

Valkayree
Sep 15, 2006, 04:55 PM
On 2006-09-15 08:30, parabolee wrote:
Yes the device does exist that allows you to use other save games and unlock achievments without doing anything on the 360!

People who do it just for achievment points are serious losers if you ask me, i've seen on the device board with hundreds of thousands of achievments points. Microsoft should ban there accounts if you ask me.

Personally I don't care about my actual achievment score (especially as the amount of points you get in certain games is tottaly unbalanced), but I do love getting the achievments as a badge of honour for achieving certain difficult things (like the "Saint" achievment in Dead Rising for saving 52 survivors).

Yep, you got saint? Grats on that one, but you could have just followed the walkthrough. I like my saint's row achievements. Only have the racing and hitman left to do, and they are all walkthrough free, because to my knowledge, a walkthrough doesn't exist for most of the achievements...

BogusKun
Sep 15, 2006, 07:01 PM
PSU on 360 is not worth buying then.

McLaughlin
Sep 15, 2006, 07:15 PM
On 2006-09-15 17:01, BogusKun wrote:
PSU on 360 is not worth buying then.

...Why would that be?

Next time you make an insinuation like that, try stating a reason why.

Blueblur
Sep 15, 2006, 07:19 PM
Play nice people.

Garroway
Sep 15, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-09-15 14:44, Kyuu wrote:

^ This issue is still not 100% certain. I agree that the source seems credible this time....but I also feel that the arguments that an IGN forum seems hardly the place to make an official claim. (For example, I can officialy claim that Number6 is mentaly retarded but nobody really knows what my qualifications are to make that kind of claim). I honestly don't know anything about Clumsyorchid's employment with Sega, involvement with the PSU project, or any other information about the person.
You insinuated that Clumsyorchid wasn't a reliable source of information, and that the issue was still up in the air, because of your uncertainty of who Clumsyorchid is. Many of us know who he is, and therefore know that his word is pretty much the official word on the matter. It doesn't "seem" credible, it is credible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-15 17:34 ]</font>

I'll accept this if you explain to me whom exactly Clumsyorchid is, and why that makes him 100% credible.

MAGNUShunter
Sep 15, 2006, 07:51 PM
You lost me at "extrapolate"

Garroway
Sep 15, 2006, 07:54 PM
On 2006-09-15 17:51, MAGNUShunter wrote:
You lost me at "extrapolate"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/extrapolate

You're welcome.

MAGNUShunter
Sep 15, 2006, 07:56 PM
Overall, you have to admist that the 360 version will be a little safer-with Microsoft and all.
Im not gonna expect it to be hack/glitch free, but microsoft just has more resources to deal with. Not to mention they rule the planet.

MAGNUShunter
Sep 15, 2006, 07:56 PM
Overall, you have to admist that the 360 version will be a little safer-with Microsoft and all.
Im not gonna expect it to be hack/glitch free, but microsoft just has more resources to deal with. Not to mention they rule the planet.

Eclypse
Sep 15, 2006, 08:24 PM
Viva la Xbox. It's pretty much been a given that the game would be on seperate servers because MSFT makes more money by having it on seperate servers and this IS a business and they are in it for the profit as they should be.

I'll take more secure servers over a larger community that I will more than likely never completely play with, any day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-09-15 18:55 ]</font>

Sabinblitz
Sep 15, 2006, 10:21 PM
I just hope I don't have trouble finding a party. I could seriously see this game selling at 20,000 copies or less (for 360 only that is).

Eclypse
Sep 16, 2006, 09:43 AM
You do realize that even with 20,000 copies sold you will not even meet 10% of those people. If you seriously have doubts then buy the PC or PS2 version which will sell more overall copies, but still offer you no more playing options than staying with the Xbox version.

Blueblur
Sep 16, 2006, 01:57 PM
XBL is not going to provide another level of security. Microsoft didn't care about PSO Xbox's cheating; all they care about is the initial sale of the game. Sega's the one providing the service and charging. Microsoft just forces XBL on you (Xbox Live Silver) so it may one day make a Gold customer out of you.

Eclypse
Sep 16, 2006, 02:39 PM
If you believe that you are truly retarded. The cheating on the Xbox version of PSO was nothing like GC or DC for that matter, and that's because people can't directly hack the servers. The cheating on the Xbox was from things like Action Replay and other pieces of hardware that allowed people to cheat.

MSFT isn't forcing XBL on anyone. If you don't want XBL you don't have to buy it, but if you want to play online then you buy it. It's much like computers and the internet. No one is forcing you to want to use the internet, but if you do then you need to get a provider, it's not rocket science. Not having a Gold account is pretty dumb if you play any of the Xbox games online. It's a one time fee and it pays for itself easily.

Calamity
Sep 16, 2006, 03:11 PM
well hopefully there will still be a whole bunch of 360 players at least will get to play wit the eu people

darthplagis
Sep 16, 2006, 03:31 PM
yeah EU seems to get shafted when it comes to PSO/PSU (ok we got v1 online free but meh but where is plus??) hopefully due to US and EU joined we will get to play with the continent full of xboxes (usa). as for the JP servers well we will have to see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darthplagis on 2006-09-16 13:33 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
With the US and EU versions we will have plenty of people to team with and as I've said before, it's not like we will team with everyone because there are just way to many people on Live.

Valkayree
Sep 16, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-09-15 10:38, Sabinblitz wrote:
The only regard I like the 360 version being isolated is we won't have to deal with hacks. Exploits until they get patched, but other than that, cheating shouldn't be rampant.

However, the fact it's seperate means less players. Considering the game is clearly advertising for a certain demographic (unique art style and almost always showing nothing but sabres as weapons in trailers), I don't see it selling to well. I certainly hope it surpasses XI 360 in terms of people playing (which would be enough for me) but judging by the fact people seemed to be "tricked" about XI's graphic quality when Square said HD Graphics and people interpreted as "graphic overhaul, 360 quality", the chances of someone picking up a new one are even more unlikely.

PSU will surpass FFXI on the 360 for these reasons.

1. No RMT, no gil buying cheaters, no PC users with windower 3rd party software to get all the maps and all the locations written on their maps in-game. PSU will have little to no hacks overall, I hope.
2. FIRST online RPG available to a Microsoft console at launch date. This time, us 360 users won't get an online role playing game and automatically be three years behind everyone else.
3. Less initial content means that we can actually have a hope of being caught up with everyone else by the next update, so we can actually partake in the festivities, instead of passing up the new updates attempting to accomplish something all the PC and PS2 users did two years ago.
4. Voice Chat. Really this should be #1.
5. The first day you won't have to spend the entire night downloading all the updates.
6. The community as a whole will be learning, not pressuring assumed boundaries on everyone playing. Oh you won't sub /nin? <I'm sorry> <no thanks> no /nin = <too weak>
7. Forming a party with arrogant elitists in order to progress in level is not required.
8. Never will I ever have to hear "JP onry" ever again.
9. I won't need to buy a piece of armor I must have at level 50 that costs 17 million gil thanks to the RMTs.
10. It won't take 35 minutes to meet up with my friends when I get online.
11. We actually have a hope of contributing to drop charts, and seeing weapons that no one else has seen.
12. We don't have waste time competing with hacked macro automated camping bots at notorious monster sites or near goobues to farm for tree cuttings so we can properly equip our characters.
13. We don't have to rely on a white mage and paladin or ninja in order to form a party.
14. We won't HAVE to use a keyboard.
15. More detailed character customization!
16. Cooler looking attacks!
17. Better weapons and armor that behave differently, not just different skins over the same attack animations that use the same skills.
18. No economy inflation.
19. No GMs that tell you "Have and Nice Day" without solving your concerns, or even attempting to.
20. No lag at the auction house and mog house in Aht Urghan because 9000 people are idling there.
21. No competition with other parties for the two good camp spots in Kuftal tunnel, forcing you to die attempting to run to the other end past the constant enemies with no room to recast sneak/invis, wasting your time and your afternoon. As a matter of fact, your party will never have to compete with another party.
22. No having to listen to a lvl 75 saying, "no I won't stand on this pedestal to help you open this door unless you pay me 25k."
23. No having to pay anyone to help me with the limit break quests so i can improve my character. No relying on a lvl 75 to do anything at all as a matter of fact.
24. We get PM and can synthesize useful weapons without spending a billion gil to get to level 70+ crafting. Oh and other people can actually enter our houses!
25. No Promyvion missions and the disorganized groups that attempt to run them in order to get required spells for blue mage.
26. No random beastmaster killing every enemy in the room or using them as pets.
27. It won't take 15 minutes to walk across town.
28. Six people max to a mission. This is good.
29. Guns. Yeah, FFXI has them, all the same, for ranger, thf, and corsair, but PSU has more, can be used to an extent by everyone, and they are all different.
30. From what I have gathered, PSU will have a nicer community overall, no matter your platform. From what I hear, the majority of vets on FFXI cannot stand new players, the greedy bastards.
31. Smaller community, with less lag, since servers are seperate.

I have more, trust me, and sorry for any redundancy, but these are all good points. We were tricked into buying FFXI on the 360 as Aht Urghan came out so we could "fill the void" left by all the higher levels migrating to aht urghan. This way the markets for crystals and essential crafting items like silk thread would not die out. Sony played us big time, and thats why I don't play FFXI.

McLaughlin
Sep 16, 2006, 06:58 PM
Allow me to continue the list.

32. No going bankrupt trying to buy a spell I need in order to be in a party. (Damn Dispel.)
33. No more being discluded because I can't afford my rediculously overpriced equipment.
34. No more shelling out in excess of 100,000 gil for Dynamis runs just to get my PLD his AF2 gear.
35. Voice Chat. (Needed to be re-iterated.)
36. No more Promys >_<
37. No more spending hours on end searching for NMs just to have them stolen by PC users with botting programs (Needed to re-iterate this too.)
38. No more being put at a disadvantage by PC users with 3rd party programs.
39. No more "Yes! I finally got a PT!", only to have the leader DC.
40. No more being excluded because I don't have Refresh yet. (How the **** would you like me to learn it if you won't let me gain EXP?)
41. No more relying on other people just to finish a useless quest (opening the door that requires all 3 mages was a bitch.)
42. No more being separated from my friends because they're 3 levels higher than me.
43. No more being left out of vital quests because everyone is looking for the same set up, which doesn't require me.
44. No more slowing to a crawl when I arrive at Jeuno.
45. No more travelling across the whole damn world just to get something to sell.
46. No more travelling across the whole damn world just to buy something. (That's way overpriced.)
47. No more stupid mobs spawning in the middle of my camp, which proceeds to wipe us out systematically.
48. No more aggroing a mob I can't see, and having it kill me from 10 times my own melee range.
49. No more being killed while zoning.
50. No more asking a simple question and being answered with "Go away you ****ing nab. You suck and your equipment is gimped."
51. No more dying and watching people who could easily Raise me walk right over my corpse.
52. No more being permanenlty separated from my friends just because we didn't realise that once you're on a server, you're trapped there. (ANd of all the servers, I got ****ing Fairy.)
53. No more being 2-3 mobs away from levelling, only to have the PT disband.
54. No more losing upwards of 1500 exp because some retard used an AoE spell and aggroed every Leech in the area.
55. No more Banshees.
56. No more being left out because people consider my job (DRG) to be useless.

I apologize if I repeated myself, but the game itself just irks me. I too could add alot more, but I think people get the point. We got shafted by SE, and it'll be nice not having to play 3 years worth of catch up on PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-16 17:07 ]</font>

Number6
Sep 17, 2006, 10:15 PM
Garroway is just mad cause I'm right all the time.

Too bad. So sad.

Alisha
Sep 17, 2006, 10:38 PM
i only read a little bit of those 2 walls of text but allow me to say some things.

Dispel bankrupt you? it costs less than 40k thats chiken scratch.
leveling rdm after 41 without refresh is unexcuseable!
lol yes the banishing gates in eldieme necropolis blow
jeuno is prettynice these days cause all the high levels chill in aht urhgan whitegate now.actually al zhabi the town is superior to jeuno.

47. No more stupid mobs spawning in the middle of my camp, which proceeds to wipe us out systematically.
lol what kind of shit parties cant handle a single add?
@51 XDXDXD at least they didn't offer to raise you for money
52 is just a lack of knowlage yo do know what a worldpass is dont you?
drg can solo incredibly well as drg/whm but most drg's are to thick headed to try it.

if you do some research valkyrie a lot of jobs can solo but for some of them it requires thinking outside the box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-09-17 20:40 ]</font>

Tetsuro
Sep 17, 2006, 10:54 PM
56. No more being left out because people consider my job (DRG) to be useless.
Main reason I quit FFXI right there. Also why I loved and will love PSU, I can play how I want and don't have to cater to anyones preferance just to get a group.

Eclypse
Sep 18, 2006, 12:09 AM
Wow some of you seem bitter and with good reason it seems. I never got into FF11 because I don't think the game works as an online RPG. I like my FF as an offline single player only affair.

Phalynx
Sep 18, 2006, 12:50 AM
FF11 is sooo slow and soo boring and you only get into parties easily if you play classes that are needed. Besides the fact its a giant grind session.

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 05:12 AM
57. Not needing a party to level up (Solo leveling sucks after level 10)

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 05:59 AM
Maybe on your server Alisha, but on Fairy, it's 70K from the shop in Windurst, and more at the AH. Plus my gear always keeps me below 100k, so no, it isn't chicken scratch.

I never leveled without Refresh. It was getting to 41 that was a pain in the ass.

Things tend to get difficult when a mob spawns and most of the group is AFK.

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 06:58 AM
54. No more losing upwards of 1500 exp because some retard used an AoE spell and aggroed every Leech in the area.

no more exp loss at all, in fact.

hypersaxon
Sep 18, 2006, 10:01 AM
- No more getting bitched at because you attacked an enemy that was attacking an ally, and for some reason you trying to help your friend made you the biggest retard on FFXI, and then after you get dropped from the party, the dumbass REINVITES you forgetting who the hell you are.

- No more wearing armor that makes your character look like a cross dresser.

- No more hearing the word "Kupo!" when walking into your house.

- No more fighting monsters without any healing items because you're poor.

- No more riding giant airships to a brand new area for a half hour (not counting the time it took to get the stupid airship pass) only to find out that people are still retarded jerkwads who can't even play the game properly.

- No more millions of characters with the word Cloud in their name... wait, that might still happen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

- No more absolute garbage graphics with utterly boring bland 256 color textures.

- No having to sit and wait for an hour for some higher level to find a bloody skull so you can sub jobs.

- No more killing the same monster over and over again for an hour and a half, only to suddenly aggro a Gob that magically appeared 2 ft. in front of you kill you and your party, wiping out the experience you just earned and wasting your entire day of playing.

- No morons constantly lowering the prices of crap in the AH, then raising them up after your item is sold.

- No people who don't speak the same language as yourself.

- No getting hit from enemies who are several yards behind you.

- No sitting in front of a giant yellow bird for 6 hours waiting to feed it a Gausebit Grass so you can ride its fat ass somewhere else.

- No waiting eons to find people to join your party who are willing to do the stupid Emissary dragon fight, then get talked into giving control of the party to someone else, who makes an Alliance not knowing that you can't have an Alliance for that mission, who then gives control of the party to another player who ends up booting you because you're the lowest level character so the extra people who didn't even need to be invited can do the quest.

- No waiting for eons for a White Mage within your level range to become available in your area to join your party.

- No walking into a town and hearing "Who in here likes Green Day?" (well that might happen too)

- No having to watch numerous Dragoons walk past you, knowing that you will never be able to unlock it because everyone you play with sucks balls, and even if you did become a Dragoon, you'd become an outcast unable to party with anyone because you're a piece of shit, and your only friend would be your Wyvern.

- No more having to Provoke enemies and controlling hate, you just stand in front of the enemy and keep hitting it.

- No more auto attack boring BS.

- No more getting bitched at because you don't know what Skill Chains are.

- No more spending hours installing and updating a game, only to find out it's the worst online RPG in existence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-09-18 08:05 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
Ok my question is why have so many of you kept playing a game for so long that you ultimately hate from the way these posts sound?

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-09-18 10:32, Eclypse wrote:
Ok my question is why have so many of you kept playing a game for so long that you ultimately hate from the way these posts sound?

Filling up the RPG void that was on the 360. I had so much fun on the Beta tho the final game sucked balls

Valkayree
Sep 18, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-09-17 20:38, Alisha wrote:

if you do some research valkyrie a lot of jobs can solo but for some of them it requires thinking outside the box.

I know, rdm/nin can solo high level, bst of course, and blue to an extent (there are more I'm certain.) I've seen people with two accounts tagging their pocket whm powerleveler to their npc or pet and letting them follow, which would work if I was willing to shell out $25 bucks a month total. I took bst to 30 before I quit, but the main reason I quit was that I took blue to 54 as my main job and then found out I needed sea access to get my required spells. I tried promy with four different groups, got to the boss and died. Too much strain and stress on top of that I pretty much had to play 24/7 to keep up, and a job and g/f wouldn't allow that. So I guess I had to quit. The only thing I will miss is fishing. Fishing off the boat was probably the most entertaining thing for me. Made good cash off of shall shells and nebimonites too.

Valkayree
Sep 18, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-09-18 03:59, Zeta wrote:
Maybe on your server Alisha, but on Fairy, it's 70K from the shop in Windurst, and more at the AH. Plus my gear always keeps me below 100k, so no, it isn't chicken scratch.

I never leveled without Refresh. It was getting to 41 that was a pain in the ass.

Things tend to get difficult when a mob spawns and most of the group is AFK.

Fairy and carbuncle are infamously known as the RMT servers.

Valkayree
Sep 18, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-09-18 12:09, ProfessorZ wrote:

Filling up the RPG void that was on the 360. I had so much fun on the Beta tho the final game sucked balls

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Joining the servers was a HUGE mistake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-09-18 12:28 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 02:28 PM
What I don't understand is why Square Enix decided to put a penalty on the thing that makes several of the jobs unique. No one wnats to play with PUPs or DRGs because their pets reduce the exp gained by 33% (or something close to that).

I'm pretty sure BST takes a hit in that regard too, but I'm not positive.

SephYuyX
Sep 18, 2006, 02:32 PM

Welcome to 90% end game players mind set.

We still play this game, yet we hate it and hope it burns.

What I don't understand is why Square Enix decided to put a penalty on the thing that makes several of the jobs unique. No one wnats to play with PUPs or DRGs because their pets reduce the exp gained by 33% (or something close to that).

I'm pretty sure BST takes a hit in that regard too, but I'm not positive.

Uh no.. pets dont cause an XP decrease in PTs, that stopped happening over a year ago.

People still think BST pets cause XP loss, but they dont any more, aside, it only effected the BSTs XP, not the PTs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SephirothYuyX on 2006-09-18 12:35 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 02:37 PM
Ohhh Ok. I think most of us still play because of all the time and effort we invested. I haven't played in quite some time however. Think my IDs have deleted themselves by now...

Oji_Retta
Sep 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
I figured out I hated the game after I got to lv. 16 Warrior. I tried to solo higher, but found it bordering on impossible. After that I just travelled around the world not knowing where I was or was going, just to new places by boat and land. I had to have a guide sometimes though (Chainspell helped a bit). After I travelled, I quit because it wasn't fun.

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 03:33 PM
FF11 has its downsides, but it was quite fun for a while (I got to level 50+). but ya only level 50, 60 and 70s get any 'real' fun out of it.

but I wanna hear some WoW rants vs. PSO and PSU comparisons!

Start teh list! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/watermelon.gif

Sev
Sep 18, 2006, 03:41 PM
WoW...

I got to level 45 in 2 weeks... Then I thought "Wow... I'm bored" and just sorta stopped playing. I guess when playing games like City of Heroes which has all the customization I want, and FFXI that has the kinda gameplay I like... WoW just fell flat for me. It's not like that with everyone though.

Oh, and yeah... Login problems... I remember I was queued at like 200... Then it got down to 1... Booted me after 15 minutes... Then queued me back at 200. That was lovely. Then after one of the maintenances... I logged into Ironforge and low and behold... NO NPC'S. They were nowhere to be found.

Then there's the 50 times my Seal of Command power would break... Or I would try to mine and spend my time scooting around like I was bent over picking up ore... Ninja looters... lol... Like a Rogue needs a Mace that has + to healing spells... Like a Rogue needs a Mace period really... And of course, The Battlegrounds... When you got in, it was kinda fun actually. But it wasn't anything great... Just a change from what I was normally doing (Running Uldaman over and over again...) but maybe a PVP server was more fun.

Don't get me started on the Barren's though. Poor Horde.

Phaze37
Sep 18, 2006, 03:57 PM
I'm glad I never started FFXI. It sounds terrible. I played WoW for a while but I just don't have the patience for timesinks. I HATE timesinks. I DONT HAVE TIME for timesinks. Plus the combat is dull. The only thing I really liked about WoW was the music but the music in PSO and what I've heard from PSU is better anyways. Real MMORPGs are much more complicated but for PSU simplicity is a beautiful thing. I'm just gonna hack up monsters as a Hunter and have fun.

hypersaxon
Sep 18, 2006, 09:55 PM

The thing is, the game did have its moments. The solo experience at the beginning of the game is no doubt the highlight of FFXI. After that's over, you're forced to party with people, which can be either good or bad depending on the situation. PL parties were always awesome because you were almost guaranteed easy EXP and no dying as long as you didn't aggro the enemy off the PL. Parties with a good WHM were pretty much the same, just more of a risk of dying and the duty of having to protect the WHM like all hell. Parties with idiots were just a complete waste of time, and unfortunately there were a lot of those.

What makes PSO better than FFXI is that PSO actually lets you solo. You find healing items ON THE GROUND, and FREQUENTLY, unlike FFXI where you either A.) kneel on the ground after every battle which wastes time, B.) spend all your extra money on healing items and thus have no money for equipment, or C.) be a White Mage which still requires you to kneel on the ground after every battle.

In PSO, money was never an issue, since you'd find all sorts of useful equipment on the field. In FFXI you can't get anything useful unless you buy it. Which was hard because nothing you'd find on the ground would be of much use to anyone. This was namely a problem for new Xbox 360 players because most of the high-level crafters went to Aht Urghan, leaving the main cities of FFXI ridden of anyone willing to buy things. And when you did have things that you could sell, you'd have to go to bed and wake up the next morning and pray that someone bought your stuff.

Then there's the whole "Stay in one spot and kill the same things over and over while avoiding those things" type of partying, if you tried to play FFXI like PSO it wouldn't work out too well because you almost always have to stop and rest in order for the mages to get their MP back. I was a WHM before and I'd get pissed because people would keep on moving after killing monsters, not giving me a chance to buff or rest.

Anyway, if the solo experience had been a lot better, I would have enjoyed FFXI a lot more. Right now, I've been playing PSOBB on PC and I'm insanely addicted because of the fact that I can actually solo. It's harder than offline PSO on previous games because there's no offline and all the enemies online are stronger, but it's still manageable. Can't wait for PSU since it's going to pwn FFXI and PSO for that matter. I'll definitely be playing that game for a long time.

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 11:02 PM
The only time I had a good time on FFXI was kicking it on the Valkrum Dunes.

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 11:09 PM
FFXI was my first MMORPG, but at the time I played it, I was only like what, 12 years old? Ofcourse, I was pretty intelligent for being 12, but since it was indeed my first MMO, I wasn't prepared for the amount of depth and complexity the game offered, so I pretty much got bored of it.

That, and I was finally introduced to the ol' MMORPG level grind. PSO is the only game where grinding is actually fun, which is why I'm waiting for this game above all MMO's, XD.

Oh, and Hyper Saxon, I know that PSU will allow you to solo, but it seems this time around to be more team orriented, you know? Besides, if you ask me, the real fun was in the groups. It was always nice to hook up with some buds and taking on Dark Falz on VH mode, only to have half the party leave due to some odd excuse....

"Uh yeah, my TV is on fire, I gtg, see ya!"

This was an actual response I heard XD.

Alisha
Sep 18, 2006, 11:29 PM
the problem with ffxi is that the higher level you are the more fun ffxi is. made more appearent by hypers comments about boring combat.around 60+ you start to get weaponskills that would make even blm's jealous. im in an exp party right now and i just dropped a 1500 dmg tachi:gekko http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Zeta the server you are on has no influence on shop prices. fame does even then its a small amount.i went to rabao and sure enough i saw Dispel for 38k

the following jobs can solo well:
PUP/NIN 1-10 then again 24-75
drg/whm 1-75 but its easiest after you get the AF helm at lvl 60
smn 51-75 at 51 smn gains the ability to keep carbuncle out for free then go sic carbuncle on some bombs in ulegrand range when they blow up free exp for you.
bst/whm bst/nin 1-75 at higher levels a lot of bst's duo too.
any job/nin post 72 when you get utsuemi Ni

under 60 and 60+ are like 2 different games

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2378/image1ml9.jpg
lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-09-18 21:33 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 11:32 PM
Well said, Alisha. Yes, I may have not gotten to a high enough level, which is why I pretty much hated it, XD. Problem is, I need a game that can hold my attention long enough for me to even care about getting to a high enough level, and FFXI just doesn't do that for most people.

Eclypse
Sep 18, 2006, 11:44 PM
My only experience with FFXI is that I was in the beta when it first came out and then they sent me a free copy with HDD for the PS2 and I never opened it, even til this day it remains sealed. I think bought it for the 360 and played up until level 7 as a Mithra Thief and boredom just kicked in hard. The most fun I had was buying things at the auction house for like 1 gil and then selling them for 200000 gil to some sucker that wanted them. I think me and a friend made at least 1.5M gil in 4 days off of just buying stuff for the dirt and selling it at such ridiculous prices that it was just funny. However the downside is that we were so low in level that we couldn't do jack with all the gil so it was boring as hell all the same.

Right now I have a copy for the PS2 and the 360 and both have dust on them literally. FFXI is the only game in history that I have ever bought for different systems and never played.

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
And what a great investment that must've been! XD

sulfate
Sep 18, 2006, 11:45 PM
i played for days straight when ffXI came out....then it got boring

Sev
Sep 19, 2006, 12:03 AM
I think you could say that although the fun begins at high levels in FFXI. Getting there can be... Well... Hell. When my first character got to 60, I basically spent 2 weeks asking for help finishing up AF and for some pointers on G3 before I said "I quit" and stopped. I've been playing off and on since then and since THF's get no parties because we apparently "suck" it's not that much fun.

When it comes down to it, I'm not the type to stick to that game anymore. It felt more like a chore and a job then an actual game. All games have moments when they feel llike that, but FFXI's even though I enjoyed it sometimes, was constant.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
Well, that's why I loved playing PSO. It felt as if you didn't have to complete the mission, you didn't have to play the actual game. You and your freinds could just hang out in the lobby for all you cared, or go play some soccer in one of the lobbies XD

Russ2576
Sep 24, 2006, 01:51 PM
On 2006-09-16 12:39, Eclypse wrote:
The cheating on the Xbox version of PSO was nothing like GC or DC for that matter...

You're right, it was 10x worse than either one.

You're all fooling yourselves into a false sense of security by believing that the 360 version will be much safer than the PS2 and PC versions just because it's seperated from them. No online game is truly safe, no matter which platform it's on.

McLaughlin
Sep 24, 2006, 02:33 PM
First off, this topic was dead. You should've left it in piece.

Second of all, the cheating was not 10 times worse on any platform. It sucked balls all across the board. To think it'll be far worse on any console in particular is stupid, because odds are there will be cheating on every platform. However, being that there are mod chips for the PS2, and you have direct access to the PSU files on a PC, one could assume it'd be easier to alter documents you already have access to, instead of having to retrieve them first.

Next time you speak, make sure you know what you're talking about. There's no way it could've been 10 times worse on PSOX because the game was dead from the get-go. I never saw anyone FSODing people, or corrupting people, NOLers multiequippers, or any of that crap in the 3 year span of my PSOX career.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-24 12:38 ]</font>

Russ2576
Sep 25, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-09-24 12:33, Zeta wrote:

Well, please forgive me then. I don't come around here very often, because as you've proven, the atmosphere here isn't very welcoming.

Valkayree
Sep 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-09-25 11:58, Russ2576 wrote:

Well, please forgive me then. I don't come around here very often, because as you've proven, the atmosphere here isn't very welcoming.

Sometimes you have to lay the smack down on the jackasses and hold your ground. They don't understand that this forum is not their home and people may post without wiping their feet and reading through the 500 pages of opinions and garbage beforehand to catch one or two little hidden details that they may have read throughout their years of posting. Ignore these people man, they have no life.

Valkayree
Sep 25, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-09-18 19:55, hypersaxon wrote:

The thing is, the game did have its moments. The solo experience at the beginning of the game is no doubt the highlight of FFXI. After that's over, you're forced to party with people, which can be either good or bad depending on the situation. PL parties were always awesome because you were almost guaranteed easy EXP and no dying as long as you didn't aggro the enemy off the PL. Parties with a good WHM were pretty much the same, just more of a risk of dying and the duty of having to protect the WHM like all hell. Parties with idiots were just a complete waste of time, and unfortunately there were a lot of those.

What makes PSO better than FFXI is that PSO actually lets you solo. You find healing items ON THE GROUND, and FREQUENTLY, unlike FFXI where you either A.) kneel on the ground after every battle which wastes time, B.) spend all your extra money on healing items and thus have no money for equipment, or C.) be a White Mage which still requires you to kneel on the ground after every battle.

In PSO, money was never an issue, since you'd find all sorts of useful equipment on the field. In FFXI you can't get anything useful unless you buy it. Which was hard because nothing you'd find on the ground would be of much use to anyone. This was namely a problem for new Xbox 360 players because most of the high-level crafters went to Aht Urghan, leaving the main cities of FFXI ridden of anyone willing to buy things. And when you did have things that you could sell, you'd have to go to bed and wake up the next morning and pray that someone bought your stuff.

Then there's the whole "Stay in one spot and kill the same things over and over while avoiding those things" type of partying, if you tried to play FFXI like PSO it wouldn't work out too well because you almost always have to stop and rest in order for the mages to get their MP back. I was a WHM before and I'd get pissed because people would keep on moving after killing monsters, not giving me a chance to buff or rest.

Anyway, if the solo experience had been a lot better, I would have enjoyed FFXI a lot more. Right now, I've been playing PSOBB on PC and I'm insanely addicted because of the fact that I can actually solo. It's harder than offline PSO on previous games because there's no offline and all the enemies online are stronger, but it's still manageable. Can't wait for PSU since it's going to pwn FFXI and PSO for that matter. I'll definitely be playing that game for a long time.

Absolutely correct, I agree 100%, good post.

McLaughlin
Sep 25, 2006, 04:52 PM
Well, I apologize for wanting a topic full of flaming and hatred to just die away.

As for the rest of your insult, I'm not even going to touch on that because as I said; I want this topic to die.

Valkayree
Sep 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-09-15 20:21, Sabinblitz wrote:
I just hope I don't have trouble finding a party. I could seriously see this game selling at 20,000 copies or less (for 360 only that is).

Dude 20k people paying 10 bucks a month is 200,000 dollars a month they make, on top of the $1,200,000 ($60 per game * 20000) so hosting 20000 people for a year is netting them $3,600,000 a year on the 360 alone by your numbers. Trust me man, they are making thier money.

Animosity
Sep 25, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-09-14 04:44, Akumasama wrote:
The fact of having separated servers grants us pros and cons at the same time.
The Con is that we won't be able to play with friends/people from the PS2/PC version.

The Pros are that we will get less lag, and less hacks.

Let's be honest about this, we know how SEGA works... all the versions of the game will have bugs/exploits that some players will like to use, like we're all used from the old PSO days.
Still on PC third party programs will slowly come out, allowing you to do the impossible (Look what happened to Diablo II, to Final Fantasy XI etc etc). Being that these hackers will be on the same servers as PS2, the result is that PS2 users will get these negative things too.
On the other Hand 360 servers will be alone, separated from PC, and so no hacks at all (only bugs included in the game, which will sadly be present on all the versions, I'm sure of it)

but this time they have patches so if there is a bug they can easily fix it.

BamRocket
Sep 26, 2006, 06:28 PM
ehhhhhh stop yer whining

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BamRocket on 2006-09-26 16:30 ]</font>

vg_geek86
Sep 26, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-09-25 14:47, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-09-25 11:58, Russ2576 wrote:

Sometimes you have to lay the smack down on the jackasses and hold your ground. They don't understand that this forum is not their home and people may post without wiping their feet and reading through the 500 pages of opinions and garbage beforehand to catch one or two little hidden details that they may have read throughout their years of posting. Ignore these people man, they have no life.

Pssst, theres a forum search option, you dont really have to read 'through the 500 pages'.