PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting on my PSO history.

Mystil
Sep 14, 2006, 09:26 AM
I cannot blame the PSO community for my harsh experiences in the later part of my 5 year run. I can ultimatly blame myself for being the bastard that I was. I made some good friends and I lost them all due to my bastardness. When they'd exclude me in things and not invite me to thier locked games with thier other friends, I took this as me being the victim and that they were not my real friends. However, they were acting shady towards me because I was uncomfortable to be around. When enough of this was going on, I gained a strong desire to be involved and accepted, therefore I was a FO permanently. Figuring if a FO makes a game, it gets filled at the speed of light. The damage was done though people knew I was bad news, and everyday when I'd log in, I'd be right there in the lobby sitting there with no one to talk to, and a dead card list. The only reason I kept playing was hope I suppose. Meanwhile still hiding behind the false truth that the players were just neglective for no reason other than to be nasty to me. Hard headed doesn't begin to describe this.

2 years out of the 5 were my best years. I know where I went wrong.

I'm not going to walk this same road in PSU though. Things will be very different..much different.

Atayin
Sep 14, 2006, 11:11 AM
I guess we all screw up here and there, it's inevitable. The imporant thing is that you're looking ahead with some positivity. I commend that. PSU should be pretty nice, I'm looking forward to it as well.

I think that my best memories from PSO have to have been from my first year playing back in '01 or around there. This was back when it was really populated. I'd always hang out with 2 or 3 people from the Japanese server who were learning English.

They could barely speak english, but constantly tried to include me in things and always taught me about Japanese culture. In retrospect, I still can't believe how open and accepting they were. It was absolutely beautiful. Talk about a learning experience.. PSO wasn't just a game, but I ended up learning a lot about people (some negative things as well, but you take the good with the bad). I get a strong feeling of nostalgia when I look back.

Hopefully I'll have the privilege of meeting some fascinating, layed back and fun players in PSU without encountering any nasty drama down the road. Hopefully, that's what most of us want.

MadEwokHerd
Sep 14, 2006, 05:01 PM
My most memorable moment in PSO? I was an android and I told my friend to hit a switch for me, because I was on one already. Little did he know that it had a heavy trap on it. He was a FOmar, and trap+level 90 FOmar=dead FOmar.

I couldn't stop laughing at that.

It is fun playing with people that have different cultures, especially the Japanese players. They are some of the nicest players and best players I have ever played with. I hope I can continue to find people that are a blast to play with on PSU.

Skorpius
Sep 17, 2006, 06:49 PM
Let it go already, Christ. You do nothing but bitch about your "PSO past", with nothing different, just to new generations of the PSO-World community.

ABDUR101
Sep 17, 2006, 08:29 PM
The sooner you forget about it, the sooner we do.

Nikjamez
Oct 3, 2006, 12:46 PM
Ah.....Yes reflecting back on earlier PSO days. Id have to say my best years on PSO were back on Dreamcast (before V.2)
A few buddies and myself from school played together back then, good times.

Good Times!