PDA

View Full Version : What does it look like when...

Niki
Sep 14, 2006, 06:17 PM
...I go into FPS mode? Does my character actually aim upwards? Just curious...

Chaobo99
Sep 14, 2006, 06:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you can aim in all directions...

Ether
Sep 14, 2006, 06:26 PM
He's talking about when other people look at your character, will it show you aiming upwards. I'm not entirely sure, I know your head will move up and down at the very least

Phaze37
Sep 14, 2006, 06:38 PM
I remember alot of weirdness in PSO where your gun would point straight forward but your bullets would travel up at a sharp angle to hit the enemy flying above and just in front of you. I hope PSU does a good job with the 1st person aiming so that your teammates can actually see where your gun is aiming and see exactly where your bullets are hitting. For example, even though it doesn't make a difference in terms of damage, if I shoot a grunt enemy in the face I want my teammates to see the bullets hit it in the face. I hope the 1st person view camera changes depending on your characters height as well, for example if you use a short character the 1st person view camera would be close to the ground and the camera would be higher up if you use a tall character, so that you are actually seeing out of your character's eyes. I hope that makes sense.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 14, 2006, 10:08 PM
What Phaze said makes more sense than what a lot of forever-sober people say. So much for drugs being a threat to society eh?

I'm also hoping that first-person camera's height depends on your character's height. I wouldn't hold my breath though...it would seem that the camera is actually a couple of length units in front of the character. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the camera was at the same height regardless of character height. Last time I saw a video of a ranger in action, I don't remember even seeing the gun! Did rifle aiming at least involve a scope?

Kyuu
Sep 14, 2006, 10:18 PM
When you're in "FPS-mode," you aim with a targeting reticle. It's not like Halo or Doom or whatever. You don't see your character's hairy forearms and the barrel of the gun.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 14, 2006, 10:54 PM
Kyuu --- since you missed Ethere's post, I'll copy it for you:

He's talking about when other people look at your character,

I'm pretty sure the arms are pointing up, but I don't remember the heads. I couldn't find the FPS mode button for a damn long time, and got to watch everyone. Next time you get to the dragon, just sit there and watch, and there's the answer.

Niki
Sep 15, 2006, 01:40 AM
Speaking of which, I've never been to battle De Ragon. Thanks for the posts everyone.

LoneVandal
Sep 15, 2006, 01:48 AM
When you are in aiming mode you swivel around and look stupid to everyone else. I'm trying hard to remember but I think you look like you're running in place when you adjust your aim. At least you can't tell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LoneVandal on 2006-09-14 23:49 ]</font>

Niki
Sep 15, 2006, 01:55 AM
I guess I should just take my FPS and be happy with it, even if it looks silly to others. They shouldn't be watching me anyway, right?