PDA

View Full Version : Is this really fair?

Captain-Rio
Sep 14, 2006, 06:21 PM
Cast have SUV weapons and Beast have Nano Blast but what do humans and newmans have that evens this out?

Darijuana
Sep 14, 2006, 06:22 PM
Good looks.

Kers
Sep 14, 2006, 06:24 PM
It's said that the Casts' SUV and Beasts' Nano Blast were added for balance.

b3n
Sep 14, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-09-14 16:22, Darijuana wrote:
Good looks.

That and humans dont have a weakness and newmans can blow things up with their mind.

Pacpunk
Sep 14, 2006, 06:27 PM
Good looks.

LOL nice

Phaze37
Sep 14, 2006, 06:28 PM
What weaknesses does a Cast have? Sure their mental stats suck but all that really does is gimp them if they try to be a force.

Laranas
Sep 14, 2006, 06:28 PM
I havent played a Beast or Cast yet, but i think think it balances out the fact that they completely suck at being Forces?

zandra117
Sep 14, 2006, 06:37 PM
On 2006-09-14 16:28, Phaze37 wrote:
What weaknesses does a Cast have? Sure their mental stats suck but all that really does is gimp them if they try to be a force.

They dont do enough damage as a force for it to be worth anything, its just a waste of PP. And they get smacked alot as a hunter because of their low EVP.

Parn
Sep 14, 2006, 06:38 PM
Their low MST results in their taking more damage from tech using enemies than their human and newman counterparts.

Tetsuro
Sep 14, 2006, 06:43 PM
I havent played the game, but how is a casts low MST and EVP any different than a newmans low ATT and DFP?

MaximusLight
Sep 14, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-09-14 16:43, Tetsuro wrote:
I havent played the game, but how is a casts low MST and EVP any different than a newmans low ATT and DFP?

It's not, but because of there tech. attack power they can do more damage with their Photon Arts so effectively they are as balanced as humans in that catigory and they can blow things up. They just can't take a punch

McLaughlin
Sep 14, 2006, 07:01 PM
Newmans can play Rangers and Hunters thanks to their high ATA, and they excel at being Forces because of their MST.

Humans can be proficient in any class. A "jack of all trades" if you will.

Beasts have sub par ATA, making them a poor candidate for a Ranger, and their MST sucks, turning them away from being a Force. They need to excel at their primary job (Hunter), so they can transform, and increase certain stats.

Casts have almost no MST, making them nearly useless as a Force. they have below average EVP, meaning they'll take a beating while playing as a Hunter (forcing them to either devours healing items or put a strain on the Force). They need to be able to excel at their primary class (Ranger), so they get SUV weapons.

Kyuu
Sep 14, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-09-14 16:58, MaximusLight wrote:
It's not, but because of there tech. attack power they can do more damage with their Photon Arts...I see that bit of misinformation is still floating around. TAP (Technic Attack Power) does not influence Photon Art or Bullet Art damage in any way. It is only a factor for Technics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-14 17:08 ]</font>

LoneVandal
Sep 14, 2006, 07:09 PM
Guess what. SUV weapons aren't free.

First you need to be L20

Then you need to buy expensive armor with an "Extra" slot in it just to equip them.

Then you have to buy them.

Meanwhile a Human or a Newman can go ahead and equip fun things like Extra slot items that increase PP regen rates or allow auto-healing. Personally despite being a Cast I will probably go with the PP regen one as a Ranger.

Kyuu
Sep 14, 2006, 07:13 PM
Meanwhile a Human or a Newman can go ahead and equip fun things like Extra slot items that increase PP regen rates or allow auto-healing. Personally despite being a Cast I will probably go with the PP regen one as a Ranger.
Aye... for Rangers, an SUV weapon is really much less useful than an Extra Slot item that increases your PP regen rate. Considering that Rangers (usually) get hit less, their SUV gauge really doesn't seem like it'd fill up often enough to be worth it (this is just my impression, of course, from what I've seen and read).

Alisha
Sep 14, 2006, 10:07 PM
funny thing is arent SUV's currently inferior to nanoblasts? thats the impession i got on the mirc chat(then again who knows since you guys are basically playing the closed beta without the level cap). plus people keep talking about how they're beasts are tanks.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 14, 2006, 10:22 PM
What I think is unfair, is the fact that those huge guns are only available as SUV weapons, and not available as, say, high-level Fortegunner equipment or something. (at least not yet...but one can hope! Ah forget it, I give up already.)

LoneVandal
Sep 14, 2006, 10:31 PM
How is that "unfair" at all? They're basically useless, so how are you missing out on anything by not being able to equip a weapon that charges up by letting yourself get pummeled?

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 14, 2006, 10:46 PM
They wouldn't be useless if they didn't have to charge up and could be used like any other gun (I mean, these guns should be additional weapon types). And probably two-handed and/or shoulder-mounted since they're much too big to be reasonably dual-wielded like plain ol' handguns. And since they're so heavy, it might add some cool factor to slow your movement while they're equipped!

ShinMatsumoto
Sep 14, 2006, 10:51 PM
I get the feeling someone's character involves large, heavy weapons and blowing things into the next dimension.

Anyway...

A more valid question is, what would humans and Newmans have as a special ability?

Personally, I prefer being human, being spectacular at nothing and good at everything, then having a giant form with no accuracy to use it.

But, that's just me.

I dunno. I'm not that worried about it, end of story.

Saner
Sep 14, 2006, 10:53 PM
SUVs are mostly wide range weapons but even the narrow ones seem to deal very heavy damage in the triple digits, just as much damage as a Nanoblast can cause before their time is over.

as for preparing to fire, that's why its best to position yourself so that your distance and direction facing the enemies are enough so that when you fire you'll less likely get hit when calling the SUV.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 14, 2006, 10:56 PM
You can get hit while calling the SUV? O.o

Laranas
Sep 14, 2006, 10:56 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but can't a Cast just be a Hunter with an SUV? That way he gets pummeled and gets to use it?

Saner
Sep 14, 2006, 10:59 PM
how should I know? that's what some people are implying.

I have yet to see proof Casts can get damaged while using a SUV, but anyways even if they do, it gives ppl more reason to take positioning more into account before using them.

and anyways it's not like it even takes 2 minutes to call and use a SUV. its a pretty fast special attack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-14 21:00 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 14, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-09-14 20:56, Laranas wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but can't a Cast just be a Hunter with an SUV? That way he gets pummeled and gets to use it?

That's the way it it (I think) and why I think it's unfair. It's only accessible by being pummeled. It's a huge gun, not some emotionally-charged Limit Break Omnislash or something.

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 14, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-09-14 20:59, Saner wrote:
how should I know?

Alisha
Sep 14, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-09-14 20:51, ShinMatsumoto wrote:
I get the feeling someone's character involves large, heavy weapons and blowing things into the next dimension.

Anyway...

A more valid question is, what would humans and Newmans have as a special ability?

Personally, I prefer being human, being spectacular at nothing and good at everything, then having a giant form with no accuracy to use it.

But, that's just me.

they could have hi ougi's? XD

DMG
Sep 15, 2006, 12:10 AM

I thought the Nano-form included a temporary boost to the player's stats, including accuracy?

Is this not true, or is the boost too small to really help?

tomkat492
Sep 15, 2006, 12:17 AM
I thought ur boosts depended on the tattoo you get, and to tell you the truth, I would go for ata over power cuz if I cant hit anything, its a waste of my time.
Edit: Or I'd go for invuln to keep me alive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-09-14 22:17 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 15, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-09-14 21:45, Alisha wrote:

On 2006-09-14 20:51, ShinMatsumoto wrote:

Anyway...

But, that's just me.

they could have hi ougi's? XD

...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Whoa. Now THOSE are the pinnacle of player-controlled cheap.

Nika
Sep 15, 2006, 01:50 AM
Casts have almost no MST, making them nearly useless as a Force. they have below average EVP, meaning they'll take a beating while playing as a Hunter (forcing them to either devours healing items or put a strain on the Force). They need to be able to excel at their primary class (Ranger), so they get SUV weapons.
Casts are better hunter than newmen.

Losodo1976
Sep 15, 2006, 02:55 AM
On 2006-09-14 16:26, b3n wrote:

...newmans can blow things up with their mind.

Mmmm. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarbolord
Sep 15, 2006, 03:03 AM
I suppose that using individual jobs, casts are best for rangers, BUT, if you use them in expert mode with a multi job, they will be beter. Like FO/RA or HU/RA, maybe less as FO/HU, but I think that by the stats and stuff it would work out pretty well (based on their general stats = good DEF, low EVP and good HP).

Valkayree
Sep 15, 2006, 10:27 AM
On 2006-09-14 16:28, Phaze37 wrote:

That sounds like a weakness to me.

Zabrio
Sep 15, 2006, 10:47 AM
Humans have balanced grwoth making them good for expert classes
Newmens have balanced growth like humans but more towards EVP and MST instead of ATP and DEF
Casts have SUVs because of thier one sidedness torwards Hunter/Ranger and low MST and EVP but evrything else is on the medium range
Beasts Have Nano Blasts because they are mainly good for Hunters with good END ATP and DEF but with every thing else it is on the medium side.

Pure-chan
Sep 15, 2006, 11:20 AM

Good looks.

That and humans dont have a weakness and newmans can blow things up with their mind.

Double-QFT.

Saiffy
Sep 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
When I first saw SUVs, I thought they'd be the new attack PBs, pretty looking, but usless, in terms of damage.

Phaze37
Sep 15, 2006, 03:36 PM
Casts... have below average EVP, meaning they'll take a beating while playing as a Hunter (forcing them to either devours healing items or put a strain on the Force).

Is it really so bad that they put a strain on the force? I was planning on using a HUcast but the last thing I want is to put a strain on anyone. I remember EVP being a very unimportant stat in PSO.

Laranas
Sep 15, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-09-15 13:36, Phaze37 wrote:

Casts... have below average EVP, meaning they'll take a beating while playing as a Hunter (forcing them to either devours healing items or put a strain on the Force).

Is it really so bad that they put a strain on the force? I was planning on using a HUcast but the last thing I want is to put a strain on anyone. I remember EVP being a very unimportant stat in PSO.EVP was more important than DEF in my opinion in PSO... at higher levels monsters hurt no matter how much DEF you had, so if you could avoid damage altogether with EVP you'd be fine. Plus it let you spend your mag levels on other stats.

Valkayree
Sep 15, 2006, 04:39 PM

Is it really so bad that they put a strain on the force? I was planning on using a HUcast but the last thing I want is to put a strain on anyone. I remember EVP being a very unimportant stat in PSO.

Evasion was incredibly important imo, moreso than defense. Put it this way, you put ten points into defense, you go from getting hit 120 per hit to maybe 110. Over the span of ten hits, that's 100 damage saved. Put ten points into evasion, and at the very least, over ten hits the enemy will be more likely to miss you at least once. That's 120 saved. Just look at it like this, evp is similar to spike damage saved, while def is DoT or damage over time saved. I always liked evasion higher up than def, but that's my opinion.

Kyuu
Sep 15, 2006, 04:47 PM
The problem, Valkayree, was that in Ultimate difficulty, evasion became next to worthless because, even with a very high EVP stat, you still had a very low chance to block any hits.

However, people need to remember that this is not PSO. In PSU, it is likely that EVP is much more worthwhile (hopefully even into later S-rank missions).

Cry0
Sep 15, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-09-15 14:39, Valkayree wrote:

Evasion was incredibly important imo, moreso than defense. Put it this way, you put ten points into defense, you go from getting hit 120 per hit to maybe 110. Over the span of ten hits, that's 100 damage saved. Put ten points into evasion, and at the very least, over ten hits the enemy will be more likely to miss you at least once. That's 120 saved. Just look at it like this, evp is similar to spike damage saved, while def is DoT or damage over time saved. I always liked evasion higher up than def, but that's my opinion.

ramarl ftw! my lv200 girl had 1313 evp. near nothing could hit her.

Itsuki
Sep 15, 2006, 05:28 PM
Casts have almost no MST, making them nearly useless as a Force.

I'd argue otherwise. You don't need a whole lot of MST to do support, and being able to survive more than 1-2 hits makes them far from useless. Also, their damage isn't THAT bad. They'd still probably outdamage alot of classes.

As for the EVP issue, ya, that is probably their weakness. evade works even if you're knocked down, and keep in mind that you can be juggled and comboed in PSU, something you didn't need to fear in PSO. Though if you want to be an evade based melee class, then chance are you would be a Ranger, since thats what rangers are.

DMG
Sep 15, 2006, 06:10 PM
That and humans dont have a weakness

Not having a definative strength can be considered a weakness IMO.

DreamTonight
Sep 15, 2006, 08:12 PM
Good looks.

My friend is a male cast and looks awesome!

ShinMaruku
Sep 15, 2006, 09:13 PM

Good looks.

So humans are Gods and Newmen are witches?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-09-15 19:18 ]</font>

Nika
Sep 15, 2006, 10:57 PM
Humans/Newman are more varie to play. Beast and Cast are stuck with the same kind of job

watashiwa
Sep 15, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-09-15 20:57, Nika wrote:
Humans/Newman are more varie to play. Beast and Cast are stuck with the same kind of job

BZZT WRONG..

Casts make great Hunters and Rangers. They have great ATP and ATA.. Casts can also make really good forces, especially for soloing, when all the techs are in. Cast will probably be the best Force to use if you want to farm money simply because not only is their physical attack better than the other Forces, they can use S/D/J/Z to weaken the enemies more. Plus Resta themselves.. They're like the FOmar of PSU..

I don't know about Beasts, though.. Beasts definitely make good hunters, especially if you're good for circling around the backside of opponents. As Rangers, though, not sure. Same would go for being a Force.. they can probably make good tank forces..

Niki
Sep 15, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-09-15 21:01, watashiwa wrote:
I don't know about Beasts, though...they can probably make good tank forces...

Hm that's an idea in case I switch to World 2. Thanks.

RamenEater
Sep 16, 2006, 01:08 AM
Humans have balanced grwoth making them good for expert classes

There are expert classes in PSU?

Jozon
Sep 16, 2006, 01:24 AM
yeah, they added them, http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1582&mode=&order=0&thold=0

It makes it so humans can use any combination(not sure if you can switch between them) so that's their strength, but casts and beasts can really only do good in pure ranger / hunter, they can't do forces that well, though casts can probably do ranger/hunter pretty well because of their atp/ata, while beasts might have to stick with fortehunter since their ata is slightly lacking.