PDA

View Full Version : Item disribution...

Captain-Rio
Sep 14, 2006, 09:55 PM
How does item distribution work in PSO? Is it even or the first to an item gets it?

Sevenfold
Sep 14, 2006, 10:00 PM
Lord, does anyone actually go beyond the main page and look for answerrs?

Kyuu
Sep 14, 2006, 10:12 PM
The answer to that is no, of course, Sevenfold.

If you look in this translation guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2450), you can see that there are three options for loot distribution: Finders Keepers, Random Distribution, and Random Order. You can set the item distribution method seperately for rares and non-rares.

Finders Keepers is PSO-style, where whoever picks the item up first gets it.

Random Distribution is exactly what it sounds like. No matter who picks the item up, it gets distributed to a random party member.

Random Order is like the previous, but it tries to distribute things more fairly. I have an inkling of how it works, but perhaps someone who's played can explain it, because I'm not thinking of a good way to explain it.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 14, 2006, 10:27 PM
I'm too lazy to look around so I'll ask this: What happens to an item if it is randomly distributed to a player who already has a full inventory? (say, a monomate randomly given to someone already maxed out on monomates)

Ether
Sep 14, 2006, 10:30 PM
It gets given to another player. It'll say "so and so skipped monomate 1*" on their screen

Phoenix_Black
Sep 14, 2006, 10:34 PM
Kyuu, I believe it works like this:

A person randomly gets a rare. Then, that person dosn't get anything else in the random distribution, until everyone else have received items who's total star equal about the same of the person with the leading stars.

Someone picks up a ten star item
Player 1:10 star
Player 2: 3+3+4
Player 3: 5+5

That's just what I've heard, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phoenix_Black on 2006-09-14 20:35 ]</font>

GaijinPUnch
Sep 14, 2006, 10:48 PM
My speculation (also too lazy to check) is that there are two cycles. Rare, and non-rare. One has no effect on the other. 7 stars and up are on the rare cycle, everything else (including money) are on the non-rare. Pretty sure the stars have nothing to do with it, but again, just a hunch.

Saner
Sep 14, 2006, 10:49 PM
really greedy and desperate ppl will probably end up soloing all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ether
Sep 14, 2006, 10:50 PM
There are different looting settings for rare and non rare. I'm fairly certain money counts as a rare, but I can't check for sure since the servers are down

On 2006-09-14 20:49, Saner wrote:
really greedy and desperate ppl will probably end up soloing all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Everyone will solo once in a while because its extremly hard to make money in the game. It has nothing to do with greed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-14 20:51 ]</font>

Saner
Sep 14, 2006, 10:57 PM
so mission money rewards are split between the party?

I dont think everyone will solo. money is not really that vital, and there's plenty of room to sell extra unneeded stuff to have a good supply of money, while avoiding buying unneeded stuff like decorations and all that stuff that doesnt factor into performance in missions. so saving and money management and stuff is still possible even partying all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ether
Sep 14, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-09-14 20:57, Saner wrote:
money is not really that vital

Laugh of the night, thanks

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 14, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-09-14 20:57, Saner wrote:
and there's plenty of room to sell extra unneeded stuff to have a good supply of money
Ya, I'm definately playing the wrong game then...

Phoenix_Black
Sep 14, 2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I'm going to build up money from what I get, before I start using it on my room, if money is that rare. I'll just use my S-Rank decoration, for the time being!

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 14, 2006, 11:08 PM
I hope to be able to go through the early stages of the game completely independent of healing items. How much do monomates sell for, and about how often are they looted? (and other healing items worth selling?)

Numnuttz
Sep 14, 2006, 11:08 PM
so the drop rate is that bad in the game. i heard that all the drops were materials for crafting stuff and they always dropped.

Ether
Sep 14, 2006, 11:10 PM
There are a lot of crafting drops, and they sell for like 2 to 10 meseta each. Monomates cost 50 to buy

Captain-Rio
Sep 15, 2006, 04:38 AM
Thanks.