PDA

View Full Version : Magashi: a sign of Armored Core inspiration?

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 15, 2006, 02:01 AM
I'm sure most of you have seen images of Magashi Renvolt by now. But at certain angles (check the banner on the official site or an old poster posted on this site somewhere), check out the resemblance to...
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3597/u9bomgkt9.jpg
...this kick-ass boss who's been around long before PSU...hell, even before PSO! Nineball Seraph from Armored Core: Master of Arena seems to look a like like Magashi wearing a mask (and bigger shoulders) or something. I've also been reminded of AC by some of the other Cast designs and even the weaponry. (Sadly, I haven't had the best luck in finding AC pics and don't feel like looking at comparing Casts to whole AC units right now.)

Because of Magashi, I've been wondering for quite some time: Has anyone else had any similar feelings toward PSU's aesthetics in comparison to some other game?

Kyuu
Sep 15, 2006, 02:04 AM
If you mean to imply that PSO/PSU cast designs are heavily influenced by classic Japanese anime mech designs, then yeah, I'd agree with you.

I totally don't see the resemblance of that big, hulking mech and Magashi, though, except for the red.