PDA

View Full Version : Protransers

AngelLight
Sep 15, 2006, 07:45 AM
Has anyone been able to experiment with this class yet? I'm curious as to what skill levels and Photon Arts they can do. So far, all that is know is that they can use "stronger traps".

Love to hear some input on this actual truly new class.

LoneVandal
Sep 15, 2006, 07:49 AM
No one knows. No one online can be anything but L10 job level FO, RA, and HU.

AngelLight
Sep 15, 2006, 07:56 AM
How is the data for the other expert classes getting leaked then? Just curious...

Ryna
Sep 15, 2006, 08:04 AM
We've seen the information displayed in screenshots and strategy guides.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 15, 2006, 08:12 AM
I don't expect to see too many of them when the game hits the U.S. but even seeing a few will be cool. though i'll never make one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

White_Zephyr
Sep 15, 2006, 08:53 AM
I can't believe I missed that on the news page. That's a really cool idea. *́Al͈ԗǂH@LXgł傤˂@ It would only make sense from a PSO standpoint. >.>

AngelLight
Sep 15, 2006, 09:20 AM
Well, the only thing I could possibly think of that would compare to this idea from another MMO game is Guild Wars. Trapper rangers were awesome for PvE play and one of only a handful of class designs that could solo without NPCs or other players in the high level areas.

If PSU could do something like GW did, that would be amazingly fun.....and since it doesn't fall under the concept of a hybrid then perhaps this could be seen as a brand new class outside the normal hunter, ranger, force mold. Be sure to post anything should you find out.

Thanks

Cry0
Sep 15, 2006, 09:26 AM
so how exactly DO you get expert (eg fortegunner)?

Zarbolord
Sep 15, 2006, 09:35 AM
Wasn't it something about getting all your weapon levels from both classes in the expert to a certain point, like A or S? Could anyone back up or say that it's wrong? I've heard this somewhere, but then again, it's very probable to be a rumour.

Kyuu
Sep 15, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-09-15 07:35, Zarbolord wrote:

Wasn't it something about getting all your weapon levels from both classes in the expert to a certain point, like A or S? Could anyone back up or say that it's wrong? I've heard this somewhere, but then again, it's very probable to be a rumour.
The problem with that theory, is that it wouldn't make sense for the fortefighter/gunner/techer classes, and especially not protransers. What weapon levels would you increase for the protranser class? Or what classes do you have to max?

Laranas
Sep 15, 2006, 01:23 PM
It's still unsure of how you unlock the class, but I found info (unproven) on a japanese site that describes the class better. For the normal 6 extra classes, they recieve different stats and higher PA limits (Ie. Fortefighters can go until Lv30 Skills, Wartechers get Lv20 Skills, Lv10 Bullets and Lv20 Techs).... even so nothing is known about Protransfers and exactly how they become more powerful with traps.

A2K
Sep 15, 2006, 04:33 PM
Has anyone actually spent some time experimenting with traps so far (regardless of current class)? Curious to see and hear about their use and effectiveness.

Kyuu
Sep 15, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-09-15 14:33, A2K wrote:

Has anyone actually spent some time experimenting with traps so far (regardless of current class)? Curious to see and hear about their use and effectiveness.
I second that.

ulyoth
Sep 15, 2006, 04:37 PM
On 2006-09-15 14:33, A2K wrote:

Id like to know where i can actually get them, then i could start to mess about and shhot some videos.

Laranas
Sep 15, 2006, 09:10 PM
After I beat Story 11 I think, traps were availible in the shops.

JunkBuddha
Sep 15, 2006, 09:13 PM
So am I to assume traps work the same way they did in PSO?

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 15, 2006, 09:16 PM
What't a Protranser?

Dahilia
Sep 15, 2006, 09:49 PM
Protranser is the trapsetter class of PSU.