PDA

View Full Version : Boy, is it just me or are we starting all over again?

the_importer_
Sep 15, 2006, 10:37 PM
We went from:

-PSO V1 with 4 areas and 3 difficulty settings
-PSO V2 with 4 areas, 4 difficulty settings, Battle mode and C-Mode.
-PSO V3 with 8 areas, 4 difficulty settings, Battle mode, C-Mode, lots of updates, reblance and face lifts
-PSOBB with 10 areas, 4 difficulty settings, Battle mode, C-Mode, lots of updates, reblance and Principal Quests.

and now

-PSU with 4 areas and 3 difficulty settings (C, B and A)

Pacpunk
Sep 15, 2006, 10:42 PM
no way we.......oh wait,...........possibly..lol

watashiwa
Sep 15, 2006, 10:44 PM
It's just you. I guess for some reason you thought PSU would only have 4 areas because that's all you've seen online. It has quite a bit more, they're just currently locked. Sonic Team will unlock them over time.

I don't really think it's starting over, as you won't have to buy another game to get the new areas. You can either play some of them offline or just wait for them to be unlocked online.

Point is, all the areas are already in the game. You won't need an add-on disc to access them or whatever else they add in. (Save for the rumored expansion disc in the works..)

Cross
Well, the difference is that there's a good deal more content in PSU. As long as Sega isn't run by total assholes, we'll be seeing at least as much stuff as you'd get in Blue Burst by the end of the year.

If not, then hopefully everybody will cancel their subscriptions and cause the game to tank until they rethink their strategy. I know I will!

Ether
Theres 6 areas online right now, HOPEFULLY they will unlock more at a decent rate

the_importer_
Sep 15, 2006, 10:49 PM
So, there's more than 3 planets and 1 Colony then?

Cross
Sep 15, 2006, 10:52 PM
No, but three planets and one colony != Four areas. Each planet has several diverse and distinct areas. Parum alone has Rafon, the Relics, and the Linear Train areas, Neudaiz has Mizuraki, Shikon, Hakura, and Agata, Moatoob has a couple places I don't know the name of, and then there's Hive and all that junk.

Saner
Sep 15, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-09-15 20:44, Cross wrote:
Well, the difference is that there's a good deal more content in PSU. As long as Sega isn't run by total assholes, we'll be seeing at least as much stuff as you'd get in Blue Burst by the end of the year.

If not, then hopefully everybody will cancel their subscriptions and cause the game to tank until they rethink their strategy. I know I will!

that's harsh.

ppl will still play it no matter what. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Alisha
Sep 16, 2006, 12:06 AM
your way to optimistic.
i could see your party wiping to a boss and you would say:atr least we had fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif: then give everyone icecream cones.

TheStoicOne
Sep 16, 2006, 12:23 AM
stop making me lawl on myself!

TheStoicOne
Sep 16, 2006, 12:23 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-09-16 00:03 ]</font>

Cross
Sep 16, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-09-15 21:10, Saner wrote:
ppl will still play it no matter what. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Well, I guess if you can really call those sad sacks with active PSOBB subscriptions "people"...

But really, there aren't many of them, is what I'm getting at.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-15 22:32 ]</font>

SodaPop1
Sep 16, 2006, 01:53 AM
I'd still be playing Blue Burst if it wasn't for the harsh penalty for dying. Most people would be playing in areas too hard for my character, and in PSOGC I'd just join anyways since dying didn't matter. PSOGC was so laid back but the penalty for dying in Blue Burst completely ruined that.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 16, 2006, 02:01 AM
On 2006-09-15 22:06, Alisha wrote:
your way to optimistic.
i could see your party wiping to a boss and you would say:atr least we had fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif: then give everyone icecream cones.

I like seeing people like this in an online game. Really, the only reason to act negatively is because somebody REALLY sucked...like died twice or something. Or had a much higher level than the rest of us and died anyway. And even then it could be fun to make fun of them for sucking. Just laugh heartily and be on your merry way!

Of course people will still play it no matter what. Just look at those who play PSO. Nevermind that it's...well if you can't say something nice...

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
On 2006-09-15 22:06, Alisha wrote:
your way to optimistic.

And there's something wrong with that? For someone who's stuck around for more than 2000 posts should atleast be a little optimistic themselves.

PJ
Sep 16, 2006, 07:08 AM
On 2006-09-15 22:29, Cross wrote:

Well, I guess if you can really call those sad sacks with active PSOBB subscriptions "people"...

But really, there aren't many of them, is what I'm getting at.

a) Wow, Saner's optimism actually wins out in this

b) Maybe back during the BB Beta there was a lot of people. There never was a lot of people on BB.

Yoruichi
Sep 16, 2006, 07:45 AM
I know this may be unbelievable to you alisha but some people actually think its just a game. (shocking I know!) I on the other hand, can't be as optimistic as saner...I like to win and I put forth effort into whatever I like to do. So I'm usually left with so few options.

A) Blame someone else. or game mechanic
B) aknowledge theres obviously room for improvement
C) Blame someone else...

Kamica
Sep 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
Yeah, there are siz areas online, as well as six areas only playable in story mode as of yet. Plus, there are guaranteed online-exclusive areas that are coming as well. Also, version3(psogc and xbox) had 9 areas, control tower is different enough to be considered its own area.

Cause_I_Own_U
Sep 16, 2006, 03:51 PM
I plan to play like crap because it will piss off hardcore elitists

its not cause i suxor!

MUDGRIP
Sep 16, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-09-16 13:51, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
I plan to play like crap because it will piss off hardcore elitists

its not cause i suxor!

huh? lol

Zabrio
Sep 16, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-09-15 23:53, SodaPop1 wrote:
I'd still be playing Blue Burst if it wasn't for the harsh penalty for dying. Most people would be playing in areas too hard for my character, and in PSOGC I'd just join anyways since dying didn't matter. PSOGC was so laid back but the penalty for dying in Blue Burst completely ruined that.

Death penalty?
What is the Penalty for dying?

Laranas
Sep 16, 2006, 05:19 PM
I haven't seen a penalty for dying offline, dunno about online. And aren't there FOUR difficulties (C, B, A, and S)? Just from doing story I can safely say there's more than four areas, so I guess that ends the arguement...

back to ice cream cones?

A2K
Sep 16, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-09-16 14:10, Zaro wrote:

On 2006-09-15 23:53, SodaPop1 wrote:

Death penalty?
What is the Penalty for dying?

In Blue Burst you lost a bit of experience with a death.

And considering we've "started over" (as in, our characters) every time PSO has moved to a new platform, then yes, I'd say were we were starting over, ha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-16 16:13 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 16, 2006, 06:56 PM
A2K, is that caseal's name "Luvia"?
I often name any female/non-male characters/items I get "Levia."

McLaughlin
Sep 16, 2006, 07:18 PM
Actually, IIRC the death penalty was 20% of your exp (to next level).

It sucked, needless to say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-16 17:25 ]</font>

splith
Sep 16, 2006, 08:12 PM
as far as difficulty, I hear there will be a S-rank coming out soon. Sega wants the game on the market to give the online world time to develope

ShinMaruku
Sep 16, 2006, 10:34 PM

On 2006-09-15 20:44, Cross wrote:

that's harsh.

Harsh?! Hell no! It's justified.
If they go with fuckery cut off theire cash flow.
They'll have to learn.