PDA

View Full Version : How many hours to level?

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 16, 2006, 01:49 AM
Since the level cap is 50 and available content may run dry before new stuff is released (I sure hope not), I'd like to know about how long it's taking yall to make progress toward that level cap, in hours.

If it takes very little time to reach the cap, then I might wait a month or so before starting to shell out monthly fees. But if it takes a month or so to reach that cap then hopefully there will be new content before I bash into the ceiling like a shrunken Mario on a floating block of bricks, and paying each month would feel like less of a ripoff.

EDIT: Also, how many hours are you taking to level up your classes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2006-09-16 00:03 ]</font>

SodaPop1
Sep 16, 2006, 01:55 AM
If I manage to get to level 50 before the cap is raised i'll just start working on another class for the same character.

Hydra632
Sep 16, 2006, 03:36 AM
I've played for about 22hours on my Human hunter and just hit level 16 online.

drakkula
Sep 16, 2006, 05:07 AM
the question is: will be cap level 50 the very top level from the Oct 1th on??

It might have been set like this just through this month while they are trying to fix the servers...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drakkula on 2006-09-16 03:13 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 16, 2006, 05:11 AM
if you were paying attention its been 50...not to be rude

drakkula
Sep 16, 2006, 05:14 AM
if u were paying attention my question has been edited =].....not to be rude either =]....actually, just kidding =]

Zarbolord
Sep 16, 2006, 05:18 AM
I think they'll add stuff each month, seen as they'll have checkup days, they might add things, which is cool.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 16, 2006, 07:28 AM
I'd like to know about how long it's taking yall to make progress toward that level cap, in hours.

Level 30 hits you like a brick wall. It was relatively easiy to level until now. I've found the XP distribution in the A missions pretty weak. My hat goes off to those who've hit level 50. I simply don't have the time.

Valkayree
Sep 16, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-09-15 23:49, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Since the level cap is 50 and available content may run dry before new stuff is released (I sure hope not), I'd like to know about how long it's taking yall to make progress toward that level cap, in hours.

Thats why they give you four character slots. Try them all if you put that much time in. No reason why you should not.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 16, 2006, 11:08 PM
Making a second character just isn't the same as having new content with the character I'd already have. Besides, if I wanted to do another class I can simply change classes.

Really, if level 30's like a brick wall...well, I guess I don't have to worry about level caps then. Now I have to ask: About what level has the content gone dry? What I mean is, at what level have you completed every available mision at the highest available rank?

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:13 PM
Well, here's the thing, Jife. You seem to not fully have a grasp on the concept that they're slowly unlocking things. By the time everyone completes ever mission on Parum, and entirely new planet for us to explore will be opened. This will probably happen every month or so. ALOT of the initial content doesn't compare to what they have in store for us apparently.

So, I don't think the content will dry up for a LONG LONG time.

Hell, I played PSO till level 76 before I got bored of it...which is much longer than any other MMO/RPG type game I've ever played.

NOT TO MENTION....that an expansion disk has already been announced in Japan. While there's barely any info on it now, I'm pretty sure by TGS, we'll find out some more about it....hopefully..

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 16, 2006, 11:18 PM
I understand that they're slowly unlocking more content. But do we have a confirmed rate?

When I say content drying up, I mean nothing new left until more is unlocked. I'm simply afraid of running out of stuff before more is added.

ShinMaruku
Sep 16, 2006, 11:38 PM
They will never tell the rate because msot likly they have no idea of how people are progressing and thus release at their leasure.
I can say if one meets broomop you can find those areas.

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-09-16 21:18, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I understand that they're slowly unlocking more content. But do we have a confirmed rate?

When I say content drying up, I mean nothing new left until more is unlocked. I'm simply afraid of running out of stuff before more is added.

EDIT:

OH I see, I read the post more carefully this time. I'm thinking that the rate won't be too bad. Besides, I've seen people like level 40 already, and Parum is the only thing unlocked right now...oh, I believe there's another planet XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-09-16 21:43 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
That's nice. I sure hope I won't see the content drying up until that expansion's released. (People run out of content at different rates. Powerlevelers of course will hit the dry spell first.)

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:53 PM
Well, like you stated, it's all about how you play. If you're a casual player(like me) the content is going to last you for quite some time. If you're really a power level, I would give it a month or so before the content on one planet literally runs out for you.

Authenticate
Sep 17, 2006, 01:18 AM
If you running out of stuff to do then take a frickin' break or roll an alt, mang. You no wanna do dat, den you quit 'til they release new areas, ya? Simple as that.