PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 server not LInked Confirmed by Clumsy.

xenokai
Sep 16, 2006, 11:59 AM
this is a reply clumsy posted on psobb forums for the thread about the playstation magazine rumor....

This is a false rumor I can squash right away. The PC/PS2 servers will not be linked to the Xbox 360 servers. I attended this Multiplayer session, there were editors for the three magazines and everyone played on PC and PS2 units. I think this is just a simple misunderstanding, hope this clears it up.

Link here... http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=72727&start=25

Clyde
Sep 16, 2006, 12:12 PM
Maybe now people will believe.

xenokai
Sep 16, 2006, 12:24 PM
Now we need to hear if 1 payed sega payment would allot access to all 3 even if the servers arent linked. All they do is unlock online mode with ur login and pass.

darthplagis
Sep 16, 2006, 12:25 PM
yay that means my xbox wont be polluted by kids on the ps2, but boo that its xbox only.

suppose its only fair since we xboxers have to pay for live and stuff aswell as a HL, also sega is being nice to xbox users latley (chrome hounds is HUGE and DL content is cool) so maybe we will get some good stuff like DL content and maybe screen capture.

xenokai
Sep 16, 2006, 12:39 PM
xbox 360 player dont have to pay live at all. It will just require a silver account and you pay sega. Just like ffxi on 360. But anyone who plays games omnline pro already has gold lol 360 will prob have DL content but so will pc i hope lol the ps2 8 mb limit will kill the pc servers =/

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 12:52 PM
It would of been nice to play with peoplez like me uncle and a few of my freinds who have a 360 but not a good comp or PS2, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dingo
Sep 16, 2006, 01:15 PM
I'm glad those angsty proud overcompensating americanist toughguy xbox players are not polluting PS2 servers. Come on darthplagis, don't start. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eclypse
Sep 16, 2006, 01:44 PM
On 2006-09-16 11:15, Dingo wrote:
I'm glad those angsty proud overcompensating americanist toughguy xbox players are not polluting PS2 servers. Come on darthplagis, don't start. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shut-up retard, this statement was completely un-necessary.

DizzyDi
Sep 16, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-09-16 11:44, Eclypse wrote:

And so was yours. And so is this one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think Dingo was just joking, making fun of all the kids who shout out things like "I'm so glad we don't have to deal with the PS2/360 elitists/idiots/children/etc."

Blueblur
Sep 16, 2006, 01:58 PM
Mods: Lock this topic. Its a duplicate.

xenokai
Sep 16, 2006, 03:54 PM

i would get the xbox version simply because it will look and play better then any of the others. But im not because iw anna be on the server with my friends. But people on xbox arent all of what you just said lol There will be the same kind of people on pc and ps2. PS2 is actually full of more overcompensating americanist toughguy type of people.

Deprimenthia
Sep 16, 2006, 04:24 PM
I'm glad those angsty proud overcompensating americanist toughguy xbox players are not polluting PS2 servers. Come on darthplagis, don't start.

Haha...Thats my worry with me getting the 360 version. That and the voicechat =/ But apparently the PS2 has real bad slowdown, and long loading. And my PC is a big hunk of crap.

Bah. Worse 3 platforms to put a multiconsole game on >_> (For me, anyway.)

Valkayree
Sep 16, 2006, 05:04 PM

Two words, voice chat. Don't you wish...

Valkayree
Sep 16, 2006, 05:10 PM
On 2006-09-16 14:24, Deprimenthia wrote:

I'm glad those angsty proud overcompensating americanist toughguy xbox players are not polluting PS2 servers. Come on darthplagis, don't start.

Haha...Thats my worry with me getting the 360 version. That and the voicechat =/ But apparently the PS2 has real bad slowdown, and long loading. And my PC is a big hunk of crap.

What do you want it on, GBA? Gamecube? Dreamcast? Genesis? Super NES? Looks like unless you want to wait until next year or the year after for them to port the game so you can play on a Wii or a PS3, these three platforms are pretty much all you got. It wouldn't come to Xbox, I think most people have moved on to the next-gen by now, except those in the process of saving $600 to throw out the window on unnecessary blue ray technology that will never become mainstream, kinda like PSP movies, the 3DO, Sega Saturn, and CD-i.

McLaughlin
Sep 16, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-09-16 15:10, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-09-16 14:24, Deprimenthia wrote:

What do you want it on, GBA? Gamecube? Dreamcast? Genesis? Super NES? Looks like unless you want to wait until next year or the year after for them to port the game so you can play on a Wii or a PS3, these three platforms are pretty much all you got. It wouldn't come to Xbox, I think most people have moved on to the next-gen by now, except those in the process of saving $600 to throw out the window on unnecessary blue ray technology that will never become mainstream, kinda like PSP movies, the 3DO, Sega Saturn, and CD-i.

Point, Valkayree.

And acutally, in Canada, we need to flush $750.00 down the crapper after taxes (for the premium package, because only 20% of the 400,000 NA units will be the "tard" package).

Eclypse
Sep 16, 2006, 08:11 PM
For so many so-called Phantasy Star fans on this board, I've never seen so many people bad talk a game coming out on a particular system as I have for people talking down on the Xbox 360 version. I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox version ended up being the best version across all platforms, considering that it will be the most consistent since it's leaps and bounds better than the Playstation 2, and not everyone will have the same performance from their PCs.

Voicechat is wonderful and only people that didn't play the Xbox version of PSO seem to have something negative to say about it.

darthplagis
Sep 16, 2006, 08:11 PM
hey hey hey ppl, calm down we all know there will be console fanboys, my remark on polluting ps2 players was meant to be with a pinch of sarcasm which seems to be lost on most ppl (i think dingo got it) i was simply refering to the kid hackers that get the AR codes from those cheat sites that do nothing but FSOD and NOL or worse as the xbox dont have AR we xbox users should be safe.

i also own a ps2 and dont think the console can realize the full potential sonic team have in mind (at least the western market anyway esp EU) there isnt a choice for me xbox wins hands down simply cos its the better option for me.

darthplagis
Sep 16, 2006, 08:22 PM
yeh eclypse, it seems like its all pro pc and ps2 (even tho ps2 is laggy and slow load) the main bug bear i can see as to ppl being anti xbox is the sheer lack of info from either xbox (appalling coverage) and sonic team/sega (1 usa mag ad so far).

i can see the xbox rivalling the pc version for versatillity as the specs are roughly the same, as to sonys neglect of the HDD well thats gonna be its downfall with most/all MMORPG's, then what will the ps3 hold for its $600 'investment' time will tell (sry to go off topic)

Link00seven
Sep 16, 2006, 09:19 PM
It's still bullshit that the servers aren't going to be linked, because there is absoutely no reason for it.

Microsoft will allow the developers to manage their own servers, and pretty only use Live as a gateway, hence FFXI. The game is 4 years old and the 360 version will connect to PC/PS2. It's not like the days of the old Xbox Live, which MS mandated that they hosted the servers. Why do you think it took so long for EA to get with Xbox? Because EA didnt want to use MS's server so that they could control content and shut em' down when they wanted to. Once MS opened up their stucture, EA joined. So did Square-Enix with FFXI. This is why I think its bullshit that Sega isn't linking PS2/PC to the Xbox 360 version because there is NO REASON for it, unless Sega's got something up their sleeve. But they can't blame MS this time.

Just my $0.02. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Alexandrious1
Sep 16, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-09-16 18:11, Eclypse wrote:
For so many so-called Phantasy Star fans on this board, I've never seen so many people bad talk a game coming out on a particular system as I have for people talking down on the Xbox 360 version. I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox version ended up being the best version across all platforms, considering that it will be the most consistent since it's leaps and bounds better than the Playstation 2, and not everyone will have the same performance from their PCs.

Voicechat is wonderful and only people that didn't play the Xbox version of PSO seem to have something negative to say about it.

HK-47 Retort: Yet it seems many imbecilic meatbags like to hear their own voice on voice-chat, thus abusing it.

HK-47 Statement: Yet it seems voicechat isnt as great as you make it out to be. Sentinent Meatbag Eclipse clearly hasnt used voice chat enough to understand how horrible it really can be!

HK-47 Explanation: I have played many mmos with many different kinds of meatbags, yet many of them has one thing similar! They abuse voice chat! They abuse it so badly that this HK unit wants to tear out their enthrails from their spine, out of their chest!

HK-47 Conclusion: Voice chat isnt as good as you think it is, when you start to hear children of ages 10-16 playing music, making repulsive noises, and the such, and they will, youll learn to hate it. When you start to hear adult meatbags of 17-40 or older talking about profane, violent, or otherwise disgusting humor, enough to make you tear our your meatbag sensory sensors, youll wish their never was voice chat!

That concludes voice chat

<--- 9 years of mmo playing experiance, EQ, EQ2, AC, PSO DC, PSO GC, PSO BB, RO, FFXI, WoW, DAoC. Voice-chat is bad with people you do not know, which youll be partying alot with on the xbox-360. Voice chat is best with people you DO know and only them, no un-aquainted guests. Ive used voice chat in bout 5 different mmos, with different people, even with my guilds, you have no idea the kinda things ive heard on it. Its enough to make you puke, or throw your headset, thus I rarely use voicechat now.

And before you go off on another "oh anti-xbox person PC user blah blah" bs, Voice chat use on mmos was around before their was even xbox kk? And it was bad from the start, its easy to setup and use voicechat in the back while playing your mmo on a pc. Way easy.

End of story, period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:27 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 16, 2006, 09:30 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but HK-47 forgot one thing

The ****ing Mute Botton.

I'll take Voice Chat over someone spamming Text Bubbles any day of the week.

Alexandrious1
Sep 16, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-09-16 19:30, Zeta wrote:

The ****ing Mute Botton.

Mute button is nice but what if someone tries to talk to you and you cant hear em? What then smartguy? This is what happens.

Zeta puts Neotusk on mute for using a word Zeta dont like.

Everyone in 6 person team is on teamchat.

Neotusk tries to warn Zeta to get out of the way, baddies incoming with Freeze capability since Zetas viewpoint atm is out front and hes not watching his back.

Zeta gets frozen, dies, goodbye s-rank.

Zeta exclaims he didnt know their were mobs coming, they all said neotusk warned him, but zeta had him muted for using the word he didnt like.

Everyone hates on Zeta.

Life sucks eh? When in a 6 person group going for s-rank your basically a team, its either voice or text, and you wouldnt really be playing with someone you have to mute anyway.

Dont try to retort me bucko, I been at the mmo game way longer then you lol, I know how every kind of mmo player thinks/works, ive seen every kind imaginable, how they get around things and such, and I very well know bout the mute button -_- theirs a work around and consequence for everything. Mute has its pros and cons as well.

Bottom line, if anyone excludes someone for not using voice chat, they are a S-Class Noob, cuz they obviously cannot type fast enough, anyone whos played mmos for at least 1 YEAR would have a very developed typing speed by now.

Nuff said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:45 ]</font>

PJ
Sep 16, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-09-16 10:25, darthplagis wrote:
yay that means my xbox wont be polluted by kids on the ps2, but boo that its xbox only.

On 2006-09-16 11:44, Eclypse wrote:

Smart http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SekotheFOmar
Sep 16, 2006, 09:48 PM
I don't think its entirely true but from my past I think Xbox started the hacking problem and also the obnoxious kids/older teens that act like kids

McLaughlin
Sep 16, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-09-16 19:40, Alexandrious1 wrote:

The ****ing Mute Botton.

Mute button is nice but what if someone tries to talk to you and you cant hear em? What then smartguy? This is what happens.

Neotusk tries to warn Zeta to get out of the way, baddies incoming with Freeze capability since Zetas viewpoint atm is out front and hes not watching his back.

Zeta exclaims he didnt know their were mobs coming, they all said neotusk warned him, but zeta had him muted for using the word he didnt like.

Everyone hates on Zeta.

Life sucks eh? When in a 6 person group going for s-rank your basically a team, its either voice or text, and you wouldnt really be playing with someone you have to mute anyway.

Dont try to retort me bucko, I been at the mmo game way longer then you lol, I know how every kind of mmo player thinks/works, ive seen every kind imaginable, how they get around things and such, and I very well know bout the mute button -_- theirs a work around and consequence for everything. Mute has its pros and cons as well.

Bottom line, if anyone excludes someone for not using voice chat, they are a S-Class Noob, cuz they obviously cannot type fast enough, anyone whos played mmos for at least 1 YEAR would have a very developed typing speed by now.

Nuff said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:45 ]</font>

I tend not to mute someone right off the bat, smart ass.

*Zeta hears Neotusk use a profane word*

*Zeta doesn't care*

*Neotusk begins verbally abusing Zeta*

*Zeta mutes Neotusk, and continues on his merry way*

Generally, if I'm in danger of dying, I'd assume the person who's verbally abusing me wouldn't want to warn me of the incoming death sentence. Not to mention more than one person has a mic, and I tell the people in the Party who I've muted. I don't let one bad apple spoil the team either. Just because I can't hear him/her doesn't mean they aren't playing, and for all I know, that person could be an excellent player with a personal grudge.

This is how this would play out on a keyboard.

*Neotusk bypasses the censor*

*Zeta gets irritated by constant word bubbles, but has no way to get rid of them*

*Neotusk continues his idiocy*

*Zeta leaves the game, frustrated and wishing he had a microphone*

I could care less how long you've played MMOs. It's irrelevent, seeing as you don't even know how long I've been playing. Who are you to tell me how I think? I'll play the game according to my preferences, but I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise the team.

When did I say I'd exclude anyone who wasn't using Voice Chat? I have a USB keyboard dedicated to my 360, so I'm set either way. Would I prefer everyone to have a mic? Yes. But would I ignore them if they didn't? No.

DiscReadError
Sep 16, 2006, 10:54 PM
Man that sucks i know the ps2/pc servers are going to have a lot more people then the 360 servers. Why would sega do that? Its going to be so lonely in 360 land on release date *sigh*

McLaughlin
Sep 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
People are just so ignorant.

I give up. Stupidity wins.

Sev
Sep 16, 2006, 11:03 PM
Ya know what... People suck on every console.

I don't even see why the hell anyone is arguing, what's the point? Are you all that bored until PSU comes out that you have to keep spouting random garbage?

People suck sometimes. Deal with it and move on.

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-09-16 19:19, Link00seven wrote:
It's still bullshit that the servers aren't going to be linked, because there is absoutely no reason for it.

Microsoft will allow the developers to manage their own servers, and pretty only use Live as a gateway, hence FFXI. The game is 4 years old and the 360 version will connect to PC/PS2. It's not like the days of the old Xbox Live, which MS mandated that they hosted the servers. Why do you think it took so long for EA to get with Xbox? Because EA didnt want to use MS's server so that they could control content and shut em' down when they wanted to. Once MS opened up their stucture, EA joined. So did Square-Enix with FFXI. This is why I think its bullshit that Sega isn't linking PS2/PC to the Xbox 360 version because there is NO REASON for it, unless Sega's got something up their sleeve. But they can't blame MS this time.

Here here. I agree, it's really just odd how they won't link the servers with PS2 and PC versions. First off, I really don't think it's for voice chat, considering that not only does the PS2 have a optional mic you can buy, but so does the PC, so the inclusion of voice chat in order to seperate servers shouldn't be the intitial reason they're doing this, don't ya think?

Phalynx
Sep 16, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-09-16 20:58, Zeta wrote:
People are just so ignorant.

I give up. Stupidity wins.

I agree 100% on this one.

Sev
Sep 16, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-09-16 20:49, Zeta wrote:

The ****ing Mute Botton.

Everyone hates on Zeta.

Nuff said.

*Zeta doesn't care*

Generally, if I'm in danger of dying, I'd assume the person who's verbally abusing me wouldn't want to warn me of the incoming death sentence. Not to mention more than one person has a mic, and I tell the people in the Party who I've muted. I don't let one bad apple spoil the team either. Just because I can't hear him/her doesn't mean they aren't playing, and for all I know, that person could be an excellent player with a personal grudge.

*Zeta gets irritated by constant word bubbles, but has no way to get rid of them*

I could care less how long you've played MMOs. It's irrelevent, seeing as you don't even know how long I've been playing. Who are you to tell me how I think? I'll play the game according to my preferences, but I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise the team.

When did I say I'd exclude anyone who wasn't using Voice Chat? I have a USB keyboard dedicated to my 360, so I'm set either way. Would I prefer everyone to have a mic? Yes. But would I ignore them if they didn't? No.

So inform me...

PSU360 has no keyboard support?

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:14 PM
Ofcourse it will. FFXI has it, why the hell won't PSU have it.

hareofthedog
Sep 16, 2006, 11:20 PM
I think it is a serious concern for population. I want to believe that people outside of a site like this will give the game a try, but seeing as how FFXI was lombasted for it's 'ugly' graphics and subscription fee, both problems that PSU will share, I have to assume that the average game players will treat this game the same way. Most people bought the 360 because it is graphically capable of much more than this game. PC players are usually much more fogiving of graphics and the PS2 folks are getting a pretty game for their system. My gut tells me that unless SEGA does something pretty awesome then all the voice chat in the world wont help it.

Dont get me wrong though. I'm sure the smallish community will be pretty tight, it just wont be very large. This saddens people like me cause I want the 360 version but I'm the only one of my friends with a 360 so... Looks like I have to get the PS2 version.

Sev
Sep 16, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-09-16 21:14, Tystys wrote:
Ofcourse it will. FFXI has it, why the hell won't PSU have it.

So what's the point of the "I don't want text bubbles" argument?

I'm so damn confused right now... Even if people have the option for Voice Chat, they don't HAVE to use it. And people on PSU PC can always TS or Vent during gameplay with familiar groups... Hell... Back in the day on DC I would just 3 way some friends and play like that.

Seriously though... What's with all this hate. If this is how it is, the PSU Community is going to blow. Simple as that.

McLaughlin
Sep 16, 2006, 11:30 PM
What I meant was given the option, Xbox 360 users will (for the most part) choose Voice Chat over typing, thus less text bubbles. People on the PS2/PC are forced to use Text Chat, which means there will be more people spamming their shortcuts, and with no way to block them, you just have to put up with it. With Voice Chat, you're givien the ability to silence the offensive person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-16 21:31 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:31 PM
It's only going to blow if morons keep trying to desperately compare versions in order to prove which version if going to "ROXXOR MY SOXXORS" more, -_-.

PSO never really caused any problems because it was simply on one system. Now, people are freaking out over the fact that the game is going to the PS2 or the 360. Seriously, we should all be more pissed off at the fact that we won't be able to play with our 360 brethren. However, SEGA seems to be trying to turn over a new leaf, so who knows, maybe their decision is for the best. We'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time, I just hope that people don't get their panties in a bunch over games going to certain systems, -_-.

Sev
Sep 16, 2006, 11:37 PM
That's what I mean...

Even if we're spread across systems we're all going to be playing the same game. Why? Because we like it. There's no reason for this much random hating.

I'll wait to see what Sega has in store... Maybe it's simply because of the growth potential of the game. Just like how the Japanese version is split into 2 worlds now. It may have to do with trying to see how many people are going to go where... And how to deal with their servers.

Natrokos
Sep 16, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-09-16 21:20, hareofthedog wrote:
I want to believe that people outside of a site like this will give the game a try, but seeing as how FFXI was lombasted for it's 'ugly' graphics and subscription fee, both problems that PSU will share, I have to assume that the average game players will treat this game the same way.

I'd rather play with a few thousand fans then with a half million graphic whores anyday. I want to play with rpg fans and mmo fans not "I want the latest and greatest in gaming technology and I want it now!" I got a 360 because I was bored of my PS2...I didn't get it for graphics I got it for a different feel of gameplay....People who got it just for the graphics suck.

I hate the subscription too but like 95% of MMOs have one, and the ones that don't aren't as good.....

Tystys
Sep 16, 2006, 11:50 PM
Hey hey hey, I don't neccesarily agree with that stereo-type that people are putting on 360 owners, -_-. I have one and I'm far from being a graphics whore XD.

I think that's one of the numer one reasons we're having these "hate" problems as Sev calls it. Alot of think that 360 owners really just got the system for it's "pretty looks"....or atleast one of the main reasons why, O_O

Eclypse
Sep 16, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-09-16 19:20, Alexandrious1 wrote:

On 2006-09-16 18:11, Eclypse wrote:

HK-47 Retort: Yet it seems many imbecilic meatbags like to hear their own voice on voice-chat, thus abusing it.

HK-47 Statement: Yet it seems voicechat isnt as great as you make it out to be. Sentinent Meatbag Eclipse clearly hasnt used voice chat enough to understand how horrible it really can be!

HK-47 Explanation: I have played many mmos with many different kinds of meatbags, yet many of them has one thing similar! They abuse voice chat! They abuse it so badly that this HK unit wants to tear out their enthrails from their spine, out of their chest!

HK-47 Conclusion: Voice chat isnt as good as you think it is, when you start to hear children of ages 10-16 playing music, making repulsive noises, and the such, and they will, youll learn to hate it. When you start to hear adult meatbags of 17-40 or older talking about profane, violent, or otherwise disgusting humor, enough to make you tear our your meatbag sensory sensors, youll wish their never was voice chat!

That concludes voice chat

<--- 9 years of mmo playing experiance, EQ, EQ2, AC, PSO DC, PSO GC, PSO BB, RO, FFXI, WoW, DAoC. Voice-chat is bad with people you do not know, which youll be partying alot with on the xbox-360. Voice chat is best with people you DO know and only them, no un-aquainted guests. Ive used voice chat in bout 5 different mmos, with different people, even with my guilds, you have no idea the kinda things ive heard on it. Its enough to make you puke, or throw your headset, thus I rarely use voicechat now.

And before you go off on another "oh anti-xbox person PC user blah blah" bs, Voice chat use on mmos was around before their was even xbox kk? And it was bad from the start, its easy to setup and use voicechat in the back while playing your mmo on a pc. Way easy.

End of story, period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 19:27 ]</font>

Are you so retarded that you don't know how to ignore or mute someone. Also you can drop the retarded HK thing because that is lame.

I've played so many games using the voicechat feature from Xbox and 360 and I've had only a handful of bad experiences at most. In those bad experiences all you have to do is mute the person that is being annoying and VIOLA....problem solved.

Voicechat is good regardless of knowing the person on the other end or not. The point is to get to know poeple and if you team with someone that isn't up to your standards as far as teaming and chatting......leave the team.....it's not rocket science.

Fleece
Sep 16, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-09-16 21:30, Zeta wrote:
What I meant was given the option, Xbox 360 users will (for the most part) choose Voice Chat over typing, thus less text bubbles. People on the PS2/PC are forced to use Text Chat, which means there will be more people spamming their shortcuts, and with no way to block them, you just have to put up with it. With Voice Chat, you're givien the ability to silence the offensive person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-16 21:31 ]</font>

What about people who are deaf/dumb?

Also if your going to mut ean offender, if theyre typing offenses at you, can't you just close your eyes? I heard its a lot easier and faster than muting and unmuting people.

Hell i closed my eyes 15 times while typing that.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-09-16 19:48, SekotheFOmar wrote:
I don't think its entirely true but from my past I think Xbox started the hacking problem and also the obnoxious kids/older teens that act like kids

....and you would be incorrect. Hacking started on the Dreamcast, then moved onto the Gamecube, and then the Xbox by way of modchips and Action Replay. Even at it's worse, the Xbox version of PSO was no where near as bad as the Gamecube. The Dreamcast was by far the worst of them all, but the Gamecube was no slouch in the hacks department.

Natrokos
Sep 17, 2006, 12:02 AM
Hey Eclypse, just out of curiosity what server did you play on in DAoC?

Alexandrious1
Sep 17, 2006, 12:03 AM
On 2006-09-16 20:49, Zeta wrote:

The ****ing Mute Botton.

Everyone hates on Zeta.

Nuff said.

*Zeta doesn't care*

I can very easily tell how long you been playing due to your utter need of having voice chat.

You and others, need to stop using the excuse of people hating on xbox 360 due to voice chat, that isnt the only reason, but one of many.

Eclypse: Apparently you did not see the sense of humor in my first post, retorted with rude remarks as well, thats a sign of Escapism. Watch your tone or be reported.

To both Eclypse and Zeta: I know very well of Mute and it can be worked around by players who specifically want to target you for annoyance. Ive seen it happen many times. Voice chat isnt all thats cracked up to be.

Nuff said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 22:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 22:09 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 12:04 AM
I've never played DAoC. I am assuming DAoC is Dark Age of Camelot.

Natrokos
Sep 17, 2006, 12:09 AM
Oops looked at the names wrong....Now I feel stupid. Alexandrious1 what server did you play on in DAoC?

Alexandrious1
Sep 17, 2006, 12:11 AM
Its been a loooong time ago friend. I got tired of the server I was on, quitted to play FFXI, returned later to DAoC but I went on a private pvp server. Sadly it closed down 2 months later.

Regardless if Zeta and Eclypse didnt see my last post ill say it again.

Zeta I can tell how long you been playing just from your utter need of Voicechat, if you played long as I have you would resent voice chat to only being used by friends and people you know, and be more comfortable typing with keyboard, your typing ability gets better and better the more you play to the point where its just effortless to fight and type at the same time.

Eclypse, the first post was supposed to be informative and humourous, I plan to make a Cast by that same name and talk in the same manner as HK-47 for kicks, he will be my alt though my main will be a Human. You also retorted with rude remarks befitting of a child. That is a sign of escapism, watch your tone with me or I will report you the next time.

To both: I know of the mute of course, however its got its faults, it can be worked around, if someones annoying you for some reason and you mute them, and they want to continue annoying you due to immaturity or some conflict they will just work it around.

They can work around the mute constantly to get at you till they had enough, or the conflict is resolved. This happened many times in my mmo career, either to me or someone I knew.

You two and everyone else, needs to stop thinking voicechat is the only reason people hate on xbox, it isnt, it clearly isnt, theirs many other reasons for it.

I for one do not hate xbox, I actually have a 360 controller waiting for use on PSU myself, and its quite a nice controller, like a GC and PS2 controller combined for the best of both worlds. So do not say im an xbox hater, I am voicing from a neutral standpoint.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 22:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-16 22:21 ]</font>

Natrokos
Sep 17, 2006, 12:19 AM
I used to love that game....I quit a loooong time ago too.

Alisha
Sep 17, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-09-16 21:47, Natrokos wrote:

On 2006-09-16 21:20, hareofthedog wrote:
I want to believe that people outside of a site like this will give the game a try, but seeing as how FFXI was lombasted for it's 'ugly' graphics and subscription fee, both problems that PSU will share, I have to assume that the average game players will treat this game the same way.

I'd rather play with a few thousand fans then with a half million graphic whores anyday. I want to play with rpg fans and mmo fans not "I want the latest and greatest in gaming technology and I want it now!" I got a 360 because I was bored of my PS2...I didn't get it for graphics I got it for a different feel of gameplay....People who got it just for the graphics suck.

I hate the subscription too but like 95% of MMOs have one, and the ones that don't aren't as good.....

you want to play with rpgfans yet you chose the 360 servers? lol

moving on...
voice chat has its place and its not in rpg's theres a very destinct difference between text and voice chat. for example on voice chat i often find myself wanting to say lol. also ive said this before but i can always read someones text but i cant always dechipher someones voice because i have degenerative hearing loss in my left ear.

DraginHikari
Sep 17, 2006, 12:51 AM
Meh... never ending isn't it?

Natrokos
Sep 17, 2006, 12:57 AM
^ I don't have a good computer. My computer was made in either 97' or 99' don't remember. I got a 360 because I am tired of Ps2 basically because i've had a Ps2 since launch day.....360 has a lot of rpg potential that I wish it would fulfill. PC is best but is not an option for me.

Moving on...
I agree with you that voice chat doesn't belong in an rpg. An rpg doesn't run the same way as a fps or a squad based game. FPS games typically don't last several hours like parties do and don't really screw you up long term if you don't have voicechat . Plus I am almost completely deaf in my right ear so I know how you feel. Plus, you can scroll up to reread text which alot easier then saying 'uh could you repeat what you said 25 minutes ago?"

Link00seven
Sep 17, 2006, 09:57 AM
On 2006-09-16 21:07, Tystys wrote:

On 2006-09-16 19:19, Link00seven wrote:

Here here. I agree, it's really just odd how they won't link the servers with PS2 and PC versions. First off, I really don't think it's for voice chat, considering that not only does the PS2 have a optional mic you can buy, but so does the PC, so the inclusion of voice chat in order to seperate servers shouldn't be the intitial reason they're doing this, don't ya think?

That's exactly what I mean.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-09-16 22:11, Alexandrious1 wrote:
Zeta I can tell how long you been playing just from your utter need of Voicechat, if you played long as I have you would resent voice chat to only being used by friends and people you know, and be more comfortable typing with keyboard, your typing ability gets better and better the more you play to the point where its just effortless to fight and type at the same time.

Eclypse, the first post was supposed to be informative and humourous, I plan to make a Cast by that same name and talk in the same manner as HK-47 for kicks, he will be my alt though my main will be a Human. You also retorted with rude remarks befitting of a child. That is a sign of escapism, watch your tone with me or I will report you the next time.

To both: I know of the mute of course, however its got its faults, it can be worked around, if someones annoying you for some reason and you mute them, and they want to continue annoying you due to immaturity or some conflict they will just work it around.

They can work around the mute constantly to get at you till they had enough, or the conflict is resolved. This happened many times in my mmo career, either to me or someone I knew.

You two and everyone else, needs to stop thinking voicechat is the only reason people hate on xbox, it isnt, it clearly isnt, theirs many other reasons for it.

To the response you posted at Zeta, that is completely stupid. Just because he or she doesn't resent voicechat like you do is no need to assume someone has only been playing for a small period. Hell I've been around since day one and I will never go back to playing with a keyboard because it's a waste of time when I can just say what I want to say and be done with it.

To the response directed at me, if your post was supposed to be informative and humourous, you failed at both. You say all these things about people abusing voice chat and yet you plan to talk like HK47 for kick...........ever take into account that will be annoying and could be considered abusing voicechat by someone that doesn't want to hear a roleplayer talk? I know if you were on my team you would get muted if you felt the need to talk like a fictional character just for kicks as you say.

As for my supposed rude remarks that are befitting of a child........dude shut up with that sensitive you offended me nonsense. If you can't take someone calling you retarded because they don't agree with your response, you need to get thicker skin, or get over it. I really don't care if you report me, you say that like I'm supposed to be scared of being reported......oh I'm so afraid. Just because I called you retarded, that has nothing, zero, zilch to do with responding the way a child would. Adults do call people retarded if the situation calls for it, and I'm sorry but that situation called for it COMPLETELY. As for my tone, this is a message board and their is no tone associated with text on a screen. If I wanted to type my entire message in caps I could do that and it wouldn't mean a damn thing, just like if I choose to use words you find insulting might come across as hostile when they aren't. They are just words and if you can't deal or cope then don't read or respond to what I say because that is how I talk and it will never change.

As for people figuring out a way to get around muting so that they can continue to annoy you. If you deal with people like that online, that just means you need to start putting yourself in position to team and play with better and more mature players. If you mute someone and they decide to continue to annoy you and you keep yourself in that situation like you or your friends have done, that is your fault for not getting yourself away from that person. The nice thing about PSO is that you can make locked games and if you decided not to do that and just endure that person doing annoying things without voice, then that my friend is your fault.
...end of discussion.

Phalynx
Sep 17, 2006, 11:10 AM
So Alex, what are the many other reasons people hate on xbox users? I'd like to hear your vague assumptions people always make about the whole community based on a small group of it. Im sure with 9 years of MMO exp, you must be a high lvl loser by now, with a max typing skill. Good for you. Voice chat is much easier than typing or scrolling up to reread text in combat, besides the fact that this game in an action MMO and not like WoW where your character will auto attack giving you time to type. Voice chat has its place anywhere a keyboard does, its only a simple alternative that some prefer and some dont, I dont mind either, but arguing about it is retarted in itself. So you should go take your 9 years of MMO exp and shove it because your prefrences and opinions dont mean shit to people who think otherwise.

McLaughlin
Sep 17, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-09-17 09:10, Phalynx wrote:
So Alex, what are the many other reasons people hate on xbox users? I'd like to hear your vague assumptions people always make about the whole community based on a small group of it. Im sure with 9 years of MMO exp, you must be a high lvl loser by now, with a max typing skill. Good for you. Voice chat is much easier than typing or scrolling up to reread text in combat, besides the fact that this game in an action MMO and not like WoW where your character will auto attack giving you time to type. Voice chat has its place anywhere a keyboard does, its only a simple alternative that some prefer and some dont, I dont mind either, but arguing about it is retarted in itself. So you should go take your 9 years of MMO exp and shove it because your prefrences and opinions dont mean shit to people who think otherwise.

Point, Phalynx.

Please explain how one would get around being muted, because I don't see a way to do so, other than spamming word bubbles, in which case I would have to leave the game. Common sense comes into play too. I'm not going to join a game if I know someone is going to be hostile.

On a more personal note, please tell me why I should hate Voice Chat if I've played MMOs for a while? Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't resent based on the amount of time I've played a genre (and you don't even know how long I've been playing for). You can't just say "Oh, he doesn't hate Voice Chat like I do. He must be a noob." I like Voice Chat because it allows me to say what I mean and be done with it. I prefer it, and you don't. But just because you dislike it doesn't mean you can attack a console because it makes use of the feature. And if Voice Chat isn't the only reason you hate the console, please unveil the other motives. Right now you just look like an idiot with a grudge, which you've just displayed to everyone in the topic.

Good on ya, mate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-17 09:45 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 12:15 PM
Zeta, there IS a way to "mute" people in a sense when you're dealing with keyboard chat only games, if that is what you mean. Not to mention with PSU's new black list option, if you don't like someone, you can just put them on your black list and BOOM, their exisistence to you is completely unknown XD.

Although, I do agree with you on one case. I think it's retarded that someone like Alex would even attack a system simply for the voice chat function, -_-.

Earthsunderer
Sep 17, 2006, 12:24 PM
I will be so glad when PSU will come out on PS 2, PC and X-Box 360 here in the west and everybody will play it, because then, the majority of those "My-system-is-better-than-your-system-and-that-is-why-I-hate-you-too"-threads will be soon over.

Then, there should be two PSU-boards, one for the PS 2/PC-version, and another for the X-Box 360, and everybody who will come to diss the other gaming system on the other board should simply be warned and banned, if necessarily.

The End.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 12:28 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea, O_O. But don't you think the PC/PS2 board might have more guides, tips and other stuff among that nature?(Which means the 360 people will come here anyways, not that there's anything wrong with that XD) Not to mention that the 360 community might actually be smaller than we think, so unless it's ultimately demanded by a poll, I really don't think seperating us is going to work.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 12:32 PM
I just think people should have some common sense before they post about which system is better. In the end you have to look at the comparisons as I said in a previous post. Sure the PC version will have it's highs, and it will also have it's lows. The Playstation version will also have a couple good points, but in the end, it will be the 360 which will be the most consistent.

My reasoning behind this is that EVERYONE is on level playing ground and will be using the exact same technology. The PC market is so varied that you will have one group using all high end stuff, and others using mid level stuff, and then the final group that will either be using outdated machines, or not playing at all. Across all three platforms that this game will be released on the 360 is the one system that has a common ground that can't be overlooked.

Phalynx
Sep 17, 2006, 12:34 PM
On 2006-09-17 10:32, Eclypse wrote:
I just think people should have some common sense before they post about which system is better. In the end you have to look at the comparisons as I said in a previous post. Sure the PC version will have it's highs, and it will also have it's lows. The Playstation version will also have a couple good points, but in the end, it will be the 360 which will be the most consistent.

My reasoning behind this is that EVERYONE is on level playing ground and will be using the exact same technology. The PC market is so varied that you will have one group using all high end stuff, and others using mid level stuff, and then the final group that will either be using outdated machines, or not playing at all. Across all three platforms that this game will be released on the 360 is the one system that has a common ground that can't be overlooked.

Very good point indeed.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-09-17 10:28, Tystys wrote:
That's actually a pretty good idea, O_O. But don't you think the PC/PS2 board might have more guides, tips and other stuff among that nature?(Which means the 360 people will come here anyways, not that there's anything wrong with that XD) Not to mention that the 360 community might actually be smaller than we think, so unless it's ultimately demanded by a poll, I really don't think seperating us is going to work.

I'm not so sure the 360 community will be as small as everyone thinks. Now don't get me wrong, the PSOX community was no GC or DC PSO community, but it wasn't odd to see 2 or 3 ships with at least 400-500 people on them in peak times.

Since people are missing RPGs in general on the system, I think many people will cop PSU just for a change of pace. There will be plenty of new people and plenty of experienced people, especially when the EU servers join up. I know about 22 people personally that all live in the UK who will be playing and if even 1% of the total number of Xbox Live members grabs PSU, there will be a community of at least 10,000.

McLaughlin
Sep 17, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'm just sick of people being biased to the point of looking for malicious things to say about the console in question. It's ludicrous for someone to feel the need to attack a console for the sole purpose of making their chosen platform look better, but to completely ignore the flip-side of their argument. It's just stupid.

I think Garroway's signature describes me feelings best.

"I did battle with ignorance today; and ignorance won."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-17 10:55 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 17, 2006, 01:27 PM
the ps2 version is better. why? the vast majority of my friends from dc and gc pso are getting either that version or the pc version. end of story. getting those versions would be like going from middle school to high school. getting the xbox version would be like going to a completely new school.

TheStoicOne
Sep 17, 2006, 01:30 PM
Thats a great comparison.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 01:35 PM
Actually it's a terrible comparison.

The PS2 isn't better, it's just that she has more friends on the PS2 so the correct wording would be the PS2 has more of 'my people' so it makes more sense for me to buy that version. To say the PS2 is better is implying that it's a better version of the game and we know that isn't true since no one in NA outside of the import circle has actually played it.

McLaughlin
Sep 17, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-09-17 11:27, Alisha wrote:
the ps2 version is better. why? the vast majority of my friends from dc and gc pso are getting either that version or the pc version. end of story. getting those versions would be like going from middle school to high school. getting the xbox version would be like going to a completely new school.

So what you're implying is that your friends are better than my friends? If that isn't arrogance, I don't know what is.

That's like saying "I'm better than you, so the version I pick is better if for no other reason than I chose it."

You and your friends are no more important than anyone else who buys the game. All you've done is prove that there will be at least one idiotic elitist on the PS2, the same kind of idiot everyone seems to think is confined to the Xbox.

Thanks for proving my point.

Alisha
Sep 17, 2006, 04:31 PM
how bout you shut the fuck up ok? admitedly it was a poor choice of words on my part. i should have said "the ps2 version is better for me" i think i'll leave it that since my poor choice of words is the entire basis of your arguement. i am many things but im not eliteist.

MAGNUShunter
Sep 17, 2006, 04:48 PM
Seriously guys. Do we even care if the servers are separate? There are enough 360 fans to make this an awesome experience. Not to mention the possibility of older/maturer players.
It's gonna rock!
Period.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 04:49 PM
I think the age argument that people use for the PS2 v 360 comparison is also poor because there are just as many immature teens, adults as there are children on the PS2.

MAGNUShunter
Sep 17, 2006, 04:51 PM
that was just a side comment. bottom line to me is that there will be more than enough 360 fans.

McLaughlin
Sep 17, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-09-17 14:31, Alisha wrote:
how bout you shut the fuck up ok? admitedly it was a poor choice of words on my part. i should have said "the ps2 version is better for me" i think i'll leave it that since my poor choice of words is the entire basis of your arguement. i am many things but im not eliteist.

Thanks for further proving my point. Anyone who starts their rebuttal with "shut the fuck up" is someone who belongs on my Blacklist.

Alisha
Sep 17, 2006, 05:05 PM
if you actually knew me you'd know im a nice person hardly deserving of being b-listed,but it seems these days people base their opinions of people solely on what they post on message boards.

Earthsunderer
Sep 17, 2006, 05:05 PM
Is there some kind of blacklist option on this board? I would have used it ages ago...

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 05:35 PM
No, he's talking about PSU, XD.

In the game, you'll be able to black list people. Forums havn't grown that advanced I don't believe.

McLaughlin
Sep 17, 2006, 05:50 PM
On 2006-09-17 15:05, Alisha wrote:
if you actually knew me you'd know im a nice person hardly deserving of being b-listed,but it seems these days people base their opinions of people solely on what they post on message boards.

What else should I base my opinions on? Your word? From the information I have, I can conclude you are someone I do not wish to be affiliated with.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah, Alisha, you have presented yourself to be a bit of an ass....

I wonder when a mod will come and lock this topic...or atleast come and move it to FKL.

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 05:51 PM
Hardly any of you read the other persons posts anyways... I know the point of arguing is to pick out the faults, but you should at least recognize facts as facts.

Here's a fact for all of you...

Whichever system you enjoy playing PSU on is the best system for YOU. That's all that matters. Let it go already...

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 05:58 PM
It's like I said... At this point I'm starting to not look forward to this communitty. Hopefully when the games out, people will be too busy playing to bitch at each other all day... But man... I'm afraid of random games on any version... Apparently anything you say can and will be used against you, and it's not justifiable on any end anyway...

Whatever though. Hopefully things'll get better. At this point, seperation is a great idea, because people just have trouble getting along period. I don't care what system someone is playing PSU on, I care that they're a PSU fan. And I'm pretty sure any discoveries made on one systems version can be applied to the other, so we can always share information.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:02 PM
Well, to tell you the truth, as of now the community is pretty screwed. But, it's just like you said. Something does tell me that as soon as the game comes out, we'll all be too happy playing the actual damn game instead of just constantly bitching at each other. And yes, you make an extremely valid point. It doesn't matter what system you're playing on, it matters if you like PSU....

But yeah, I'm sure there will be few problems considering the servers ARE seperated....than again, problems could arise with people trying to compare the PC and the PS2....

Ugh. People like us Sev, need to stay together in PSU and keep away from this kind of BS XD

Alisha
Sep 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-09-17 15:51, Tystys wrote:
Yeah, Alisha, you have presented yourself to be a bit of an ass....

I wonder when a mod will come and lock this topic...or atleast come and move it to FKL.

i blmae ffxi seriously. even though i like the game, only on ffxi forums would you be called gimp for gasp! not having the best game in the game for your job.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
All of you are a bit to damn sensitive in my opinion. Just because she said 'shut the fuck up' doesn't make her a bad person. If you guys have friends that haven't cursed at you then you must be internet trolls with no outside life whatsoever.

I find her to be quite a plesant person, but as I said before many, and I do mean many of you are just way to sensitive, to the point of being more sensitive than a newborn baby.

These are just words and many of you take them to heart which is just pitiful.

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
We need to get together for a game sometime if your on PC/PS2, I don't own a 360 yet but when I do, I'll still be getting PSU for it.

I'm just glad I have a decent group of people I've gotten into the game. Playing with people you know makes it alot easier to get the job done, but I loved joining random games and meeting great people in PSO. Joining a random game really is a crapshoot though. I think as long as I stay level headed and don't tell people what I really think about them, then everything will be fine.

Foul mouths run in the family. It's genetics, I swear.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:09 PM
It's not that were sensitive, it's just that she's presenting herself in a completely un-needed fashion....and Sev, if that first sentence was directed towards me, I'll be playing on PC. Yeah, we should probably get a group together and go kill shit, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 06:13 PM
How did she present herself in an un-needed fashion by telling someone to shut the fuck up? I tell my friends that and people I hardly know and they don't respond half as bad as some of you do. You guys get all bent out of shape of simple words.

McLaughlin
I can only base my opinion on what I have seen. Alisha has presented him/herself as an unpleasant individual, and a person I do not want to deal with at this time. He/she could be the most polite person you've ever known, but I can only judge him/her from my own experiences.

In either case, I quit. Good day.

Sev
I take everything to heart. Because my heart is really big.

Ok... So maybe it's not...

If I got upset over someone using the word "fuck" I would be the biggest hypocrite ever to walk to the face of this planet. Seriously. My top used words in a day are...

I
Me
Awesome
Fuck
What
The
Huh

But isn't this whole argument about words anyway? People say "I don't wanna play with X360 people cuz of the immature kids"/"I don't wanna play with PS2/PC people cuz of the immature kids" when I think moreso... It's just immature adults in the first place. But, you won't be annoyed by those people if you just shut out what they say... I think people need to get over a few misconceptions...

The world has an equal ammount of people that are going to annoy you. These people, are not restricted to country... race... religion... interests... or... Platforms as far as this game is concerned. You'll meet people you'll like, you'll meet people you'll dislike... But that's gonna happen anywhere.

And to be honest, some people just get easily annoyed or have worse luck then others. That's life.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 06:17 PM
Hmm I see, well whatever floats your boat.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-09-17 16:13, Zeta wrote:
I can only base my opinion on what I have seen. Alisha has presented him/herself as an unpleasant individual, and a person I do not want to deal with at this time. He/she could be the most polite person you've ever known, but I can only judge him/her from my own experiences.

In either case, I quit. Good day.

^
Which is what I mean by unpleasant fashion.

But seriously, guys, let's change the subject before this gets moved to FKL for being extremely flamable...

SO....HOW BOUT THEM PHOTON ARTS?!

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 06:21 PM
I don't like the Sword PA... It's not that great, at least not the one I've seen so far. There may be better ones... No... There will be better ones haha.

I'm looking forward to using the following weapons all the time...

Twin Daggers
Twin Sabers
Swords

I'm just gonna use Sword as my "Crowd Control" weapon although it looks like alot of people are sticking with Spears. At least from the videos I've seen, and I can see why... It's a good weapon. I just don't like it's style to put it simply.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
Meh, I'm more aiming towards...
Dagger/Handgun Combo
Twin Sabers
Sword
Double Sword(Maybe?)

The dagger PA's look pretty awesome in my opinion. I don't neccesarily like how the spear looks in combat. What I mean by this is the main combo is just LUNGE LUNGE LUNGE....there's just something about SLASH SLASH SLASH that makes me like daggers and swords better XD

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-09-17 16:24, Tystys wrote:
Meh, I'm more aiming towards...
Dagger/Handgun Combo
Twin Sabers
Sword
Double Sword(Maybe?)

The dagger PA's look pretty awesome in my opinion. I don't neccesarily like how the spear looks in combat. What I mean by this is the main combo is just LUNGE LUNGE LUNGE....there's just something about SLASH SLASH SLASH that makes me like daggers and swords better XD

I really like the solo Saber PA too. It's good for gettin enemies off your back.

I'm not really a fan of Guns... It really doesn't fit my playstyle at all... But I guess for some things I'll have to use one. Meh... Oh well... Claws also look really good.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:30 PM
What I'm worried about is how well the lock on feature will work. I havn't really met anyone who DOESN't play with a game pad for their PC version, so I can't tell if it's going to be simple to lock onto monsters using just the keyboard.

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'm gonna buy a USB to PS2 adapter. Since I mean... It should work. Also, the X360 controllers work if you can afford one. If I knew someone with a 360 or had one myself... Then I'd use that for my PC controller. Heard nothing but good things about it.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:39 PM
I have a 360....O_O....it's a wireless though.

EDIT: The controller I mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-09-17 16:40 ]</font>

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 06:46 PM
Radioshack sells these cheap USB to PS adapters. They work with dual shock so it's a good buy. Like $10 but the one I had already broke... So... Yeah... Haha. I guess they aren't the best quality, unlike the USB 360 controller... But it could've just been dumb luck that mine broke. Maybe it just hated PSO:BB?

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:57 PM
Bahaha, that could be it....now if only I could find a Radio Shack around here, O_O.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 07:28 PM
The sure thing I can guarantee is that I will never use a Dagger/Gun, or Saber/Gun combo because that just looks plain retarded to me. I can't wait to use Daggers, Double Sabers, and Twin Sabers as my main sources of damage, and techs as back up depending on my job levels.

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 07:39 PM
It looks dumb but it's hella useful. Aside from that, I really just don't wanna use guns period... But I'm sure if I went into some of those fights without a gun at all my team wouldn't be too happy about it. I have an interest in Double Sabers, but not as much as I used to. I'm planning on only using a few type of weapons consistently from the start so I can be rather good with the weapon levels.

Dunno if that's a good idea or a bad idea yet.

MAGNUShunter
Sep 17, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-09-17 16:39, Tystys wrote:
I have a 360....O_O....it's a wireless though.

EDIT: The controller I mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-09-17 16:40 ]</font>

My gaming comp is down so i cant try it now, but i did buy the rechargeable battery pack for my 360. The the battery goes into the controller, and the charger is just a cable with usb on one end (that plugs into the usb port on the back of the 360) and an adapter on the other end that plugs into the top of the controller so you can use it while charging.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 09:08 PM
Oh really? Thanks dude, I just got one like yesterday....lucky me, XD

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 09:16 PM
I just can't see it being useful either. I mean I know it mixes range and melee but I would rather just scrap it out since I will be all melee. Since they lowered the stats of the Newman Female according to the Extra mode stat read out, I can see myself becoming pretty proficient in guns.

Sev
Sep 17, 2006, 10:22 PM
The only time I plan on using it is for flying enemies. I don't plan on having more then 1 Handgun ever, but I don't really feel like standing around looking at flying mobs when I could just be shooting them until they're close enough for me to stab them in the face.

Eclypse
Sep 18, 2006, 12:12 AM
I will use dual handguns since you can't use dual mechs anymore. I can't decide if I want to go Hunter/Ranger or Hunter/Force which is more like the HUnewearl from the good old days.

xenokai
Sep 18, 2006, 03:35 AM
My pc got like 6 trojans so i just decided to do a system wipe and reinstall. Itl help PSU run better with a clean system. But nice to see one of my threads still going strong after 2 days. I guess it official there not linked =/ really wish they all where connected and that each game had a option to pick a server thats only for that system or 1 server thats all toghter.