PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Controls

PJ
Sep 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
Can't find controls, so here to ask http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Well, long story short, what are the PS2 controls?

Polly
Sep 16, 2006, 01:37 PM
Left analog stick = move
Right analog stick = camera controls

Square = normal attack
Triangle = Photon Art
Circle = Confirm/Pick up/Talk
X = Quick weapon/item select

L1 = Center Camera/Strafe
R1 = Use secondary weapon/Spells

X+R1/R2 = Cycle weapon selection up and down
X+L1/L2 = Cycle item selection up and down

Start = Menu

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-09-16 11:39 ]</font>

Blueblur
Sep 16, 2006, 01:46 PM
I love how the button used to pick up items and use the regular attack is NO LONGER the same button like in PSO. If you were standing over an item box and you were experiencing some lag, you couldn't even attack since the game wouldn't register you picking up the item.

SodaPop1
Sep 16, 2006, 01:46 PM
ah, so you can use the shoulder buttons instead of the dpad to navigate the quick-switch menus? This is good news, I thought I was going to have to take my thumb off the left analog stick and use the dpad to navigate those menus. It's good to know that I can keep moving while I swap weapons.

Saiffy
Sep 16, 2006, 02:02 PM
Is the D-Pad used for anything?

And by talk, do you mean CIrcle opens a software keyboard? I have a USB keyboard, in case I do decide to get PS2 version, but I am also curious.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 16, 2006, 02:02 PM
For the US version, the button used to confirm menu choices O may be remapped to X. Would that change swap all of the O and X functions?

Also, are the controls in any way remappable? (just in case...)

Zabrio
Sep 16, 2006, 02:10 PM
I think it means talk to NPC

Polly
Sep 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
On 2006-09-16 12:02, Saiffy wrote:
Is the D-Pad used for anything?

And by talk, do you mean CIrcle opens a software keyboard? I have a USB keyboard, in case I do decide to get PS2 version, but I am also curious.

Circle talks to NPCs and interacts with various objects such as switches and chairs.

The D-Pad is used to navigate the Start menu to setup items/PAs and stuff.

Select brings up the soft keyboard, I believe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-09-16 12:12 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 16, 2006, 02:13 PM
How does "quick weapon" work? Do you tap X once for weapon switch if you have duels (handgun, saber) and do you hold it to enter the menu?

SodaPop1
Sep 16, 2006, 02:49 PM
Can someone confirm that you can use the shoulder buttons to navigate the menus instead of the d-pad?

Phaze37
Sep 16, 2006, 03:03 PM
I'd also like someone to confirm that. Using the shoulder buttons to switch weapons would be so much better than having to use the D-pad.

Polly
Sep 16, 2006, 03:18 PM
Me posting it wasn't confirmation enough? I have both the PS2 and PC versions of the game and it works the same in both.

D-pad works through the start menu to view your character stats and inventory crap. I haven't found a way for the shoulder buttons to do that.

Quick Selecting is sorta like Metal Gear Solid's setup. You hold X and use the shoulder buttons to scroll the short menu up and down and wherever you stop is what is equipped/used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-09-16 13:21 ]</font>

Emrald
Sep 16, 2006, 03:26 PM
I'll be using PC version with a XBOX360 with the driver that doesn't let you map Triggers...Is there anyway around the no dpad for item switching thingy?

watashiwa
Sep 16, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-09-16 13:26, coolcat33333 wrote:
...Is there anyway around the no dpad for item switching thingy?

Not unless you use the XBCD drivers, bro. Just download that shit and configure it properly.. the XBCD can do EVERYTHING you need in PSU! You will only need to touch the keyboard for chatting..

Emrald
Sep 16, 2006, 03:28 PM
Is the driver free? If it is then I'll download it....

watashiwa
Sep 16, 2006, 03:31 PM
No, you have to pay an arm and a leg for it.. you should probably stay away from it if you can't afford to lose a couple of limbs.

Phaze37
Sep 16, 2006, 03:33 PM
I bookmarked this link a while ago which has drivers that are apparently better than the ones that come with the Xbox 360 controller.

http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/guide.html

I haven't tested the drivers myself but I got it from a topic a while ago where the topic creator was complaining about how the original drivers don't let you map the triggers, so I assume these drivers should solve your problem coolcat.

Thanks for confirming the shoulder button scrolling Triela, that will make the controls alot easier than what I originally thought the controls were. I like to switch weps as often as possible and I like to be able to move while doing so, so using the shoulder buttons instead of the d-pad to navigate the quick menus is perfect.