PDA

View Full Version : Will PSU not have Battle Mode?

Haruka-sama
Sep 17, 2006, 02:25 AM
I remember in the PSO v2 for Dreamcast they had a battle and challenge mode, but after reading about PSU I haven't seen anything about that. Does anyone know if they are not going to have battle mode? Or if they might add it later? That was my favorite part of the game >_<

Thanks!

xJermariox
Sep 17, 2006, 02:51 AM
There isnt a battle or challenge mode in PSU. It may be added in the future who knows. Im guessing its probably going to be released with that new expansion that was anounced not to long ago.

Emrald
Sep 17, 2006, 11:22 AM
What about that expansion...why was PC left out of it?....evil!

Sexy_Raine
Sep 17, 2006, 11:24 AM
Nothing has been confirmed yet. I kind of doubt it though.

Tetzuro
Sep 17, 2006, 11:25 AM
im sure in the future they will put it i mean psu is basically everything pso was but better, so they might add it on in that expan, i mean we dunno so lets hope and see ^_^

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 12:19 PM
On 2006-09-17 09:22, coolcat33333 wrote:
What about that expansion...why was PC left out of it?....evil!

I'm pretty sure TGS will gib us some info on it.....if it already hasn't happened without my knowledge...

Saiffy
Sep 17, 2006, 12:21 PM
gib sea mode

Kismet
Sep 17, 2006, 12:21 PM
It's being said that they MIGHT consider adding it later on, but as of now, there is no battle mode.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 12:30 PM
Well, I never really liked the PVP in PSO, but with PSU they might actually be able to make it work.

Ibuka
Sep 17, 2006, 12:37 PM
Wow. how many times these "Will there be a battle in PSU?" topics been made?

Anyway PSU fighting system does looks wicked for a battle mode. Hopefully ST will add one some time soon

Zabrio
Sep 17, 2006, 01:21 PM
That would be kinda fun to see..i know they should have a batlle arena in the ship that would be fun to watch.

Ibuka
Sep 17, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-09-17 11:21, Zaro wrote:
That would be kinda fun to see..i know they should have a batlle arena in the ship that would be fun to watch.

Kinda remind me of Guild War or PSO Ep3 where you could view other players battles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-09-17 11:53 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 01:53 PM
I say that they'll add more stuff, just to make the game more interesting. Hey, we start with a room, we get PMs, we'll most definitly get more stuff, to have more fun.

Haruka-sama
Sep 17, 2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for responding, guess I'll just have to wait it out then! I didn't know there was an expansion disc coming later, I thought they were just going to let us download new stuff as they put it out, but I hope you're right about adding battle mode in a later expansion. I was a battle mode junkie heheh =)

Ibuka
Sep 17, 2006, 03:28 PM
A Battle Mode junkie? Hm... Maybe i've came a cross you and battled before... Maybe not....

Haruka-sama
Sep 17, 2006, 03:33 PM
Possibly hehe, but I played a while ago so I probably wouldn't remember specific people I battled against at this point =P

MAGNUShunter
Sep 17, 2006, 04:28 PM
Battle mode is just what psu needs I think to truly make it a contender. So many mmo's these days have SOME type of pvp element. No battle mode means less end game allure to me so I will keep my fingers crossed.

A2K
Sep 17, 2006, 04:50 PM
As for Challenge Mode, it seems like a lot of elements from it have been/can be integrated into the mission structure, making a separate mode rather unnecessary, really.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 05:55 PM
On 2006-09-17 13:24, Haruka-sama wrote:
Thanks for responding, guess I'll just have to wait it out then! I didn't know there was an expansion disc coming later, I thought they were just going to let us download new stuff as they put it out, but I hope you're right about adding battle mode in a later expansion. I was a battle mode junkie heheh =)

Thank you for giving me a reason to post this picture lol

This is the expansion.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Tys03/AWESOME.jpg
and something tells me it's going to roxxor our soxxors

Haruka-sama
Sep 17, 2006, 06:21 PM
Ooo, looks cool =D but I wonder how much it will cost? As much as the original game disc? I have a tight budget o.o;

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 06:25 PM
Well, it depends on how much content is truly being added. It looks to me as if it's going to be as expansive as PSU, and all we know now is that it's a single player expansion. Whether or not there will be multiplayer add ons is still up in the air.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 17, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-09-17 14:28, MAGNUShunter wrote:
Battle mode is just what psu needs I think to truly make it a contender. So many mmo's these days have SOME type of pvp element. No battle mode means less end game allure to me so I will keep my fingers crossed.

You say that as though every single online game NEEDS PvP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PSU is a bit more complicated so battle mode wouldn't be a good idea, I can already imagine people bithcing about such an such being so weak or sunch and such being too strong. The bad will outweigh the good. PSO was more simplified so it sat pretty well but most of the hardcore BAers that didn't have a dedicated BA partner usually stuck with being a HU. For PSU I can see their being performance challenges where ones performance in some sort of course sorta like how the misisons appear to work.

Ibuka
Sep 17, 2006, 07:55 PM
3on3 would be fun as hell though... That is if your a battler a didn't take battle mode too seriously and just had fun with it. I remember some of my friends like Vermin, Ace and Seeter. (Shout out to you guys if you see this XD) and others would battle up a storm on PSO.
Plus it was fun. No cared who won or lost. Just plan fun n_n

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-09-17 17:57 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 17, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah they hang out on CNC I'm pretty sure they only come here for news, other peeps they chill with have the lamest ahng-ups when they BA lol

When you consider the mechanics of the game though it may SOUND like a good idea but theirs alot more variables they have to iron out to make things "balanced". Most BA fans would have alot of complaints lol BAing on PSO was all about who can most effectively utilize the most cookie-cutter strategies, their was very little variety of how the hardcore BAers played, not that is a bad thing but if your gonna be playing against the M7 peeps you better have mastered the cookie-cutter strats lol

MAGNUShunter
Sep 17, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-09-17 17:06, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

On 2006-09-17 14:28, MAGNUShunter wrote:

You say that as though every single online game NEEDS PvP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PSU is a bit more complicated so battle mode wouldn't be a good idea, I can already imagine people bithcing about such an such being so weak or sunch and such being too strong. The bad will outweigh the good. PSO was more simplified so it sat pretty well but most of the hardcore BAers that didn't have a dedicated BA partner usually stuck with being a HU. For PSU I can see their being performance challenges where ones performance in some sort of course sorta like how the misisons appear to work.

PSO had battle mode which is why we are talking about it in the first place. There was a Battle Mode and many of us enjoyed it.

I did not say that "every single online game needs pvp" but, since we are talking about pso's sequel (which had pvp) and since pvp has developed into such a staple of the genre, it would kinda feel to some people like there was something missing. At end game, the excitement starts to fade when you have collected everything you wanted and beat every level. You can hang out and symbol-chat yeah, but everyone has AIM already.

What is the ratio of new games, online or offline, that have absolutely NO PVP whatsoever. (again, whether through, split screen, system link, or online leader-boards, not to mention the gamerscore for xbl)

The majority of gamers or of a competitive nature. Tell me that is not true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-09-17 18:24 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 17, 2006, 08:26 PM
PSO's battle mode was terrible. Given the improved combat system of PSU, it would be even harder to implement a balanced battle mode.

And you can always compete to see who can get the fastest times on a certain mission.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 17, 2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah but just like games being ""massive" PvP is only neat, at best. It's more of an asthetic feature than a gaming aspect. Their are more substancial games with compelling elements, yeah not every likes FPSs but how are you gonna have a competative spirit in a game where the competitive mode is just neat addition?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 17, 2006, 08:46 PM
As I said before, you can compete to see who can get the highest rank/fastest time on various missions.

There is definitely room for competition in the game system, you choose what to make of it.

Ibuka
Sep 17, 2006, 08:50 PM
I rather beat the person up then compete for best time and rank... But that does sound fun too. Bring back too many MH memories tho...

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-09-17 18:46, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
As I said before, you can compete to see who can get the highest rank/fastest time on various missions.

There is definitely room for competition in the game system, you choose what to make of it.

this is a good idea. however, I think battle mode would work out just a bit better.

They could find a way to equalize it, even with the new battle system.

Nilot
Sep 18, 2006, 12:01 AM
Equalizing battles might not be a very easy feat with nanoblasts and SUVs I still think =( maybe if they had a settings mode included so special attacks like that couldn't be used, that might make it a lil fairer, and then keeping it on, in case a meek human would want a challenge against a beast =D Team battles would be pretty cool too, I never liked fighting alone anyway =x

Fleece
Sep 18, 2006, 07:30 AM
Anyone up for a 6 on 6 Battle game?

Each team could bet an item Of the same star rating each, the winner keeps both.

GazL_Neon
Sep 18, 2006, 09:25 AM
I doubt a battle would last long enough to be able to gain enough "bar" to use Nanoblasts or SUVs effectively.

I'm up for betting a Monomate...or whatever they're called now.

Fleece
Sep 18, 2006, 10:10 AM
Healy items Or as i described to mandy

'Use the Green rectangle with a dot in' - Me

'WHICH ONE!!!???' - Mandy

'The more dots the better, dont go saying that around lepers though...' - Adam

Diablohead
Sep 18, 2006, 01:01 PM
Vibes of psu v2 coming...

Maybe in that rumoured expansion or something we get a battlemode, I think it would be pretty good now with the psu combat system.

Hir0
Sep 18, 2006, 04:12 PM
I'm sure it will be added along with challenge mode later on,cuz im sure people will be complaining about needing it in

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 04:36 PM
a Battle Mode seems good optional treat right about now,

it is a good distraction for those who are maxed out and waiting for more areas+missions online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

then again, that time is better spent getting more item,money,rare drops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif