PDA

View Full Version : Characters usable on both PC and PS2?

eselv73
Sep 17, 2006, 11:25 AM
Here's my dilema... At my school, they recently blocked all ports to free up bandwith, which I imagine will block PSU. It blocks all other games. Now, I still want the game on PC, but obviously can't play it here.
So I got an idea. If I get it for PS2, I could play it here. I assume I can, at least, since my GCN can play online no problem. The characters are server-side, so can you play the same character on PC and PS2? Then I could play PC at home, but here I'd play on PS2.
Anyone know?

Emrald
Sep 17, 2006, 11:32 AM
Wait wait dude....I'd love to anwser your question...but i'm confused...explain again slowly...you wana play at home on a pc...and at school on a ps2?....wah?

but yes characters will be able to be used on both ps2 and pc online

eselv73
Sep 17, 2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah. I can't connect by PC at school, but my PC can blaze this game so I'd rather play on it, plus I'm just a PC gamer more.

But, I can connect on PS2 at school. So if I won't be able to play on PC, I'd play on PS2 here. Then use the same characters on PC at home.

make sense? haha

Emrald
Sep 17, 2006, 11:35 AM
Noooo....Why the hell is there a ps2 at your school?

White_Zephyr
Sep 17, 2006, 11:38 AM
rofl

Emrald
Sep 17, 2006, 11:40 AM
Don't laugh at me! Is my school district the only one that like! doesn't have a PS2 laying around!

Flamingo99
Sep 17, 2006, 12:18 PM
.... are you homeschooled or something? because my school flips out if they see an iPod or cell phone out. They would probably explode if they see a kid bring a PS2 and play it in the middle of class. And not only that... but you would be using their internet connection too. But to answer your question I'm pretty sure you can buy a Pc and PS2 copy of the game, and use your character(s) on each console.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-17 10:19 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Sep 17, 2006, 12:20 PM
He may be going to college which would make more sense.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 12:21 PM
Nah, I have a school like that too. Teachers allow us to come in and play games if we want to. It's pretty cool to just cool down after a test during our lunch period with some games. So much so that CS 1.6 is being installed on our school's computer at this ver moment.

And yes, I remember reading an article about it where if you make a character on the PC version, you can use that same character on the PS2 version, and vice versa.

VioletSkye
Sep 17, 2006, 12:23 PM
heh, times have indeed changed. I feel old http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 12:29 PM
YOU SHOULD BE, GRANDPA!

or Grandma, I can never tell what sex anyone is over the internet, O_O.

TheStoicOne
Sep 17, 2006, 12:30 PM
^Don't. We have NOTHING like that here in Ohio. Well that I know of. That is new to me.

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 12:37 PM
Well, gaming is surprisingly big down here in Orlando...along with anime, O_O.

Could be that we do have a yearly gaming convention and I think there's also a anime convention that comes here and generates some good moneyz for dah economiez, lolz?

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 12:41 PM
Yes you can play with each account. The only version that will not be sharable is the Xbox version since it will not be in the same servers.

eselv73
Sep 17, 2006, 02:07 PM
I'm in college. o_o