PDA

View Full Version : One more question...

Ryoten
Sep 17, 2006, 12:38 PM
Me & my friend was wondering this for quite a while now & I was hoping that someone can answer this. If my friend have the PC version of PSU & I have the PS2 version, can we go online in the same room using the same connection link?

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 12:39 PM
You would need a router/hub so that you could split your connection. Once you log onto the PC version and he goes onto the PS2 version you would both be able to play online.

Ryoten
Sep 17, 2006, 12:44 PM
I so just happen to have one of those router things at home. Right now its just collecting dust but when PSU comes out it will be in full use. Thanks for the info Eclypse.

Eclypse
Sep 17, 2006, 12:47 PM
Just make sure you have a Cat5e cable for the PS2 because you will need to connect both to the router unless it's a Wifi enable router, in which case you would have a wireless PC connection and a wired PS2 connection.

Point to note. If servers are unstable when PSU comes out, I would recommend wiring the game instead of going wireless because you will get lots of retransmission which will create massive lag and boot you off more than likely.

Ryoten
Sep 17, 2006, 01:10 PM
So we're going to need this 'Cat5e' cable & the PC has to be wireless. So both can't be wired if we don't have the cable & wireless thing?

Wubbie
Sep 17, 2006, 01:16 PM
Actually an RJ45 will suffice for the PS2... And the PC (If it's wired.)... Cat5s are used for Crossovers.

You simply plug it in like this: Router>PS2+PC... They would each go into different slots on the router... If you look at the back of the Router, it'll make much more sense.

Ryoten
Sep 17, 2006, 02:38 PM
So about those cable things, what about I use the PS2 online cord *the blue one* on the PS2 & if he use the normal way to connect will we still be able to play?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoten on 2006-09-17 12:40 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Sep 17, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-09-17 11:16, Wubbie wrote:
Actually an RJ45 will suffice for the PS2... And the PC (If it's wired.)... Cat5s are used for Crossovers.

You simply plug it in like this: Router>PS2+PC... They would each go into different slots on the router... If you look at the back of the Router, it'll make much more sense.

RJ45 simply refers to the end connector. Cat5, Cat5e and Cat6 all use RJ45 connectors. Cat5 is used for either crossover or straightthrough cables depending on how you wire the ends.