PDA

View Full Version : Photon

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 01:12 PM
Two things:

1) What is the difference between photon, elphoton and imphoton, as they're all non-elemental?

2) Would the photon element affect the PA or do PAs just use their types, not affected by the weapon's general photon type?

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 01:49 PM
No one knows?

Mewn
Sep 17, 2006, 01:50 PM
1) Elphotons are used for casting weapons, Imphotons are used for ranged weapons IIRC. Photons are just cheaper non-elemental Photons I think, but they can only be used for melee weapons (and Armor).

2) Skills use the weapon's element. Bullets and Techniques each have their own element. Equipping a Bullet to a ranged weapon will give it the Bullet's innate element. Techniques obviously have their own elements.

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 01:54 PM
So you mean that, if I give a Plasma Bullet to a rifle, that rifle will be of plasma type? So the other photons are only usefull for melee weapons then?

Mewn
Sep 17, 2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah. You can't make casting or ranged weapons that have their own elements. They get elements from their Bullets/Techniques.

If you link Plasma Shoot with a Rifle, that rifle will then gain a Thunder attribute. Without a Bullet equipped guns are always non-elemental.

Zarbolord
Sep 17, 2006, 02:02 PM
Thx for the info. Hmm, sounds like I'll test many different things when I 'll start playing.

VanHalen
Sep 17, 2006, 05:12 PM
I heard about stuff like megiphotons to make dark weapons does anyone have any pics or info on them