PDA

View Full Version : PSU on Xbox360 to be free?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 17, 2006, 05:01 PM
No.

ProfessorZ
Sep 17, 2006, 05:01 PM
Do you think MS will make it free to sell systems? I tried to register my game ID on the website but you can only register for the PS2 and PC. Makes you wonder.....and hope!!

MoonSblaise
Sep 17, 2006, 05:02 PM
You'd never be so lucky lol.

Earthsunderer
Sep 17, 2006, 05:03 PM
All those poor X-Box 360 users... Still believing that SEGA would give up the opportunity to take their money from the online experience...

ProfessorZ
Sep 17, 2006, 05:05 PM
Well I heard MS will be handling the billing similar to PSOX. Come on M$ you owe us after selling us defective systems!!

Tystys
Sep 17, 2006, 05:28 PM
I keep hearing that if you have a silver/gold account that you will be able to play for free, O_O.

But we'll just have to wait for the 25th, now won't we?

McLaughlin
Sep 17, 2006, 05:53 PM
The game requires Xbox Live silver. If you're using Silver or Gold to play, they'll just bill the Credit Card you used to make a Gamer Tag. Just like they did for PSOX.

Why would they make you enter your billing information if they already have it on record?

Kent
Sep 17, 2006, 06:00 PM
Odds are, it'll be exactly like FFXI, as far as online goes.

You don't need to be paying for Xbox Live to play, but you still need to pay the online fee for that particular game - Money going to Microsoft for Gold (Silver is free) has never, and will never, go to the companies that are making the actual games, and therefore, cannot and will not ever be a substitution for a separate online fee, should the game require one.

Unless, of course, the game requiring the online fee is owned and run by Microsoft, and that isn't the case here.

darthplagis
Sep 17, 2006, 07:05 PM
i dont see there being any problems as ppl pay for live for those damned boring shooters and squad combat sims (join the T.A or reserves and do it for real fanboys) and NEVER complain about the price tag, come on ppl how long have we been waiting for PSU (my pc cant run BB so i never got past GC pso) how long have we payed a HL now since 1999ish so come on stop whining all those "but i have a gold account why should i pay SEGA to play a SEGA game when i already payed microsoft for online gaming" do you play ANY other online xbox games if you do then stop the whining. as for me as long as a silver account lets me use PSU then im happy if i need a gold then well i MAY get those online DoA acheivements, or get chrome hounds

ProfessorZ
Sep 17, 2006, 07:17 PM
I'm not whining I'm just saying it would be nice for it to be free

darthplagis
Sep 17, 2006, 07:31 PM
yeah it would but it would be nicer if PSU was free toobut that aint happening. hehe (sry) i wasnt directing my comments to any one individual just those ppl who have nothing good to say about any other system than the one they have, after playing the PS2 version im shocked how well it runs on an almost dead console and cant wait for the 360 one to be released. i wouldnt say buy a 360 to play PSU if you have a ps2 alraedy but i would say if you have both get the 360 one, ok it MAY not be linked (pro's and con's for either side of that debate and im not dragging it up here too) but it will look better have less lag and possibly (hopefully) utilize the hard drive for quests and extra content.

ProfessorZ
Sep 17, 2006, 07:54 PM
On 2006-09-17 17:31, darthplagis wrote:
yeah it would but it would be nicer if PSU was free toobut that aint happening. hehe (sry) i wasnt directing my comments to any one individual just those ppl who have nothing good to say about any other system than the one they have, after playing the PS2 version im shocked how well it runs on an almost dead console and cant wait for the 360 one to be released. i wouldnt say buy a 360 to play PSU if you have a ps2 alraedy but i would say if you have both get the 360 one, ok it MAY not be linked (pro's and con's for either side of that debate and im not dragging it up here too) but it will look better have less lag and possibly (hopefully) utilize the hard drive for quests and extra content.

I think the 360 version will do surpisingly well in the amount of users on it. I mean look at Chromehounds and FFXI. The beta version of FFXI had more users on it than any other world when I bought the retail version

Chaobo99
Sep 17, 2006, 08:08 PM
Sorry, free PSU is like a 00.1% chance...

Valkayree
Sep 18, 2006, 09:41 AM
No.

hypersaxon
Sep 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
On 2006-09-17 18:08, Chaobo99 wrote:
Sorry, free PSU is like a 00.1% chance...

00.1% is kind of pushing it if you ask me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Magician
Sep 18, 2006, 11:58 AM
Free for the first month, like the Japanese players, maybe.

But after that you're shelling out $9 a month.

xenokai
Sep 18, 2006, 12:41 PM
On 2006-09-17 15:05, ProfessorZ wrote:
Well I heard MS will be handling the billing similar to PSOX. Come on M$ you owe us after selling us defective systems!!

Sega is making the game. MS has nothing to do with PSU. It will have a monthly fee and only require the free silver account. But its not all bad The 360 version will prob never get hacked. since the pc and ps2 severs are linked the ps2 and pc are easily hacked. Xbox live checks saves and loads everytime you load or save your game when connected to xbox live to it VERY easy for them to spot cheaters on ANY game. we all know PSU will be hackville on pc/ps2 but it could take a couple of month. 360 player will likely never have a hacked PSU simpe because a simple pacth can fix it. PC and PS2 pacths can't be really that massive simple because its linked toghter and ps2 cant get but small 8 meg pacths. All that said im getting the PC ver so i can play with my friend's.

Calibur
Sep 18, 2006, 12:56 PM
But its not all bad The 360 version will prob never get hacked. since the pc and ps2 severs are linked the ps2 and pc are easily hacked. Xbox live checks saves and loads everytime you load or save your game when connected to xbox live to it VERY easy for them to spot cheaters on ANY game. we all know PSU will be hackville on pc/ps2 but it could take a couple of month. 360 player will likely never have a hacked PSU simpe because a simple pacth can fix it. PC and PS2 pacths can't be really that massive simple because its linked toghter and ps2 cant get but small 8 meg pacths. All that said im getting the PC ver so i can play with my friend's.

-PSU 360 can easily get hacked by a good hacker with l337 skills...

-Correct me if Im wrong, but PSU is server patched so I don't see a problem with the memory card...

-A simple patch could have also saved the X-box version unlike Gamecube they had a HD and yet...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

prismsub5
Sep 18, 2006, 03:12 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but the only way to cheat on PSOX was because off 'true' cheating while offline (modifying game statistics > cheat > unmodify statictics > go online), and using unpatched bugs online?

Yachiru
Sep 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-09-17 17:54, ProfessorZ wrote:

On 2006-09-17 17:31, darthplagis wrote:

I think the 360 version will do surpisingly well in the amount of users on it. I mean look at Chromehounds and FFXI. The beta version of FFXI had more users on it than any other world when I bought the retail version

Yeah, because the server capacity on the Beta version was bigger than normal servers.

Yachiru
Sep 18, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-09-17 15:02, MoonSblaise wrote:
You'd never be so lucky lol.

Kurosawa
Sep 18, 2006, 07:53 PM
It should be free for all platforms considering how horrid the "service" will be, but of course, it won't.

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-09-18 17:53, Kurosawa wrote:
It should be free for all platforms considering how horrid the "service" will be, but of course, it won't.

Horrid? What are you talking about? O_O

kazuma56
Sep 18, 2006, 10:00 PM
well correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the "beta" of FFXI for 360 free? obviously you'll get a boat load of people to join a game if its "free".... but how much of those people who played the beta actually went to and played on the other servers once it left "beta"?

anywho, I still think it is stupid for you 360 users to have to pay 2 fees just to play PSU and 360 games online... but if people are willing to do it then I guess MS has no reason to change the plan.

mitchm
Sep 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
its not all that bad really... 50 bucks a year. so we only really pay once and on the other side the silver account is free so you wouldnt even have to pay the two fees. either way though pay or not, i will still be playing.

kazuma56
Sep 18, 2006, 10:25 PM
but thats the thing, the 360s greatest "strength" (believe it or not) was the fact that MS made a very good "community" with live and to not use that feature (becoming a gold member) to play games such as COD2,madden07 or even DOA4 is like using only half of what the 360's "experience" is supposed to be like.

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 10:26 PM
On 2006-09-18 20:00, kazuma56 wrote:
well correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the "beta" of FFXI for 360 free? obviously you'll get a boat load of people to join a game if its "free".... but how much of those people who played the beta actually went to and played on the other servers once it left "beta"?

anywho, I still think it is stupid for you 360 users to have to pay 2 fees just to play PSU and 360 games online... but if people are willing to do it then I guess MS has no reason to change the plan. And I don't know how many times this has been mentioned but YOU CAN GO ONLINE WITH A SILCER ACCOUNT!!!

I don't know about you but I speak for a lot of people when I say our 360 purchase wasn't just for PSU buddy. Take that nonsense somewhere else

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ProfessorZ on 2006-09-18 20:27 ]</font>

kazuma56
Sep 18, 2006, 10:34 PM
eh? I didn't say anything about not going online with PSU if you DON'T have a gold account but the fact of the matter is, unless you are just going to be playing games outside XBL why bother with the 360? (no offense), not being able to play those games I mentioned above online (and many other upcoming games) is like only playing 50% of it due to the fact that most games don't even pass 12 hours offline (barring RPG's) and provide little ways to "test" your skill or work toward something upon completion.

Anywho, as stated a million times, tis only my opinion on the matter, the 360 does have good games but most of their good games also have equally good online content, and to not play with that content seems like a waste of money IMO.

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-09-18 20:34, kazuma56 wrote[/b]:
eh? I didn't say anything about not going online with PSU if you DON'T have a gold account but the fact of the matter is, unless you are just going to be playing games outside XBL why bother with the 360? (no offense), not being able to play those games I mentioned above online (and many other upcoming games) is like only playing 50% of it due to the fact that most games don't even pass 12 hours offline (barring RPG's) and provide little ways to "test" your skill or work toward something upon completion.

Anywho, as stated a million times, tis only my opinion on the matter, the 360 does have good games but most of their good games also have equally good online content, and to not play with that content seems like a waste of money IMO.

anywho, I still think it is stupid for you 360 users to have to pay 2 fees just to play PSU and 360 games online...

Dude stop talking out of your ass

kazuma56
Sep 18, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-09-18 20:42, ProfessorZ wrote:

anywho, I still think it is stupid for you 360 users to have to pay 2 fees just to play PSU and 360 games online...

If you got anything out of my post, you'd notice that I was saying that a 360 without a gold account is basically a "gimped" 360 experience as XBL is what gave MS the foothold in the console market because it was something "new" and "different" from sony's approach of its rather "passive" online features.

So in short, IN MY OPINION, having a 360 and to not play games like GEOW, Halo3, COD2 etc online is basically paying for half of the 360 experience seeing as many GOOD 360 games usually ARE more throughly enjoyed online once the offline component is finished... i've never played a 360 game that had both components offline once done with the story, because there is no goal in mind.

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-09-18 20:42, ProfessorZ wrote:

What the hell are YOU talking about?

He's saying that he thinks it's dumb for people to have to pay two fees just to pay a certain game. Nearly ALL of the 360 owners have gold accounts, which they already pay fees for, so the concept of paying another fee on top of the XBOX live fee just seems odd to him.

And I agree. I know why they did it, but still, I agree. Now, what is this non-sense you speak of? He said NOTHING about people buying the 360 just for this game, O_O.

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 11:26 PM
I know he didn't. Not in those words. Saying you have to pay 2 fees to play one game is like saying that

kazuma56
Sep 18, 2006, 11:27 PM
heh, thanks is in order i guess Ty, although I could potentially see where he might be stemming his rebuttal from it still didn't encompass all my posts so therefore, by omition, he was wrong.

prismsub5
Sep 19, 2006, 07:09 PM
No

http://orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=628

foamcup
Sep 19, 2006, 07:34 PM
Heh heh, there is a better chance of getting a Parasitic Gene than the game being free.

Calibur
Sep 19, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-09-19 17:09, prismsub5 wrote:
No

http://orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=628

Sega intends to place a demo on the XBOX Marketplace that will demonstrate both online and offline modes

That would greatly help the 360 online community...