PDA

View Full Version : Level statistics for race/class/sex?

watashiwa
Sep 17, 2006, 10:33 PM
It was posted here awhile ago and I can't seem to find it. Anyone have this chart or could provide a link to it? (Please?)

I'd like to see the statistics for some of the combinations compared to others.

Thanks in advance.

DizzyDi
Sep 17, 2006, 10:35 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119223&forum=20&max_posts=68#58

watashiwa
Sep 17, 2006, 10:36 PM
You're the man.

Itsuki
Sep 17, 2006, 11:09 PM
I'd like to point out those are offline numbers, which are drastically different from the online numbers. Infact, they are next to worthless for the online numbres.

These are the online ratios between races and genders:
http://www.mirakuru.us/OnlineRGRatios.png

And between classes:
http://www.mirakuru.us/OnlineClassRatios.png
Just for an example of the differences, a ranger has 91% the ATP of a hunter and 300% of the ATA offline, but online the ranger has 75% the ATP of a hunter and only 133% the ATA. That makes a pretty huge difference.

They're a bit mess and I need to clean them up, but I did them for a reson and they were posted in my thread (yes, this is trying to pimp my thread a bit)--v
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119181&forum=20&start=0&50#29

watashiwa
Sep 17, 2006, 11:16 PM
So, a level 90 Human Female Ranger offline has 772 ATA by the old table.. online she'd only have 342? That is a pretty drastic change.

So Hunters only have 100% ATA, right? So a female Human Hunter at level 90 online would only have 257 ATA? (85 less than a Ranger) I wonder if 85 ATA even makes a big difference.. I hope it does.

And, wow, that kind of sucks? Forces now have better evasion than Rangers online?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-09-17 21:21 ]</font>

Itsuki
Sep 17, 2006, 11:30 PM
I got the numbers through alot of means.
1) I leveled every race/gender combination to Lv4 for base numbers to pull from. (basically 1 run through LL for each)
2) I got as many people as possible to send me screenshots of their numbesr. Pulled quite a few of different race / gender / job combinations.
3) I have very extensive lists of offline numbers. And a few things hold true offline. For example, offline, there are rations between genders that hold true from level 1 to level 100. Second, there are ratio between classes that hold true fro level 1 to level 100. Offline there are no differences between genders. I took a few assumptions.
4) Most of my numbers were of <level 10, but, i used the ratios to compared people who were higher than that and basically verify the data I already had, and even at higher levels online, the numbers still held true.

Also, the leveling online and offline are at different speeds. The "base stats" that all others are based on are different. So I level 90 offline may have those numbers, but online they would not. And that has nothing to do with the ratios, just the fact that the stats increase at a different speed (hence the ratios).

Also, yes, FOs have higher evade online. Noticably higher infact. And I think 85 ATA would make a pretty big difference, though I'm not too sure myself. I do like RA online though, and I will say that RA are completely broken good offline (basically same attack power as HU and the ability to never miss, ever, AND can attack from range for more damage than a HU can up close? Thats broken). Also, you have to consider RA's role online. Offline you have to be able to kill for yourself, online you're more of a support role.

EDIT: Oh, the offline numbers I have were obtained by hacking my exp. Heres an example, which was also posted in my thread:
http://www.mirakuru.us/HUMale.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-09-17 21:31 ]</font>

GaijinPUnch
Sep 18, 2006, 02:37 AM
Doesn't the whole job switching thing make the tables somewhat worthless? Unless of course you don't ever switch.

Kyuu
Sep 18, 2006, 02:49 AM
Not sure I follow, GaijinPUnch... the benefits you gain from one class don't go with you when you switch a jobs. A level 10 Beast @ Hunter level 5 will have the same stats regardless of how many class he has or doesn't have in other jobs.

RamenEater
Sep 18, 2006, 03:32 AM
Hm being a beast seems less and less appealing to me now. As a human you'd be versatile and are able to play all different jobs. While beast only excels in melee, and alot of the times you need to be able to shoot or do some long ranged attack.

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 04:01 AM
Seems the beast is only good to be a hunter

DiosGX
Sep 18, 2006, 04:57 AM
There's a type of technique that can only be used at extremely close proximity. As a thought, keep in mind this is playing as Ethan and set as a Hunter using a weak sauce cane.

Damubarta (close proximity) and Rabarta, both are level 1 as I never really use them. Damubarta has a mod of 371% totals out to 2344 end TAP, Rabarta is 1902 TAP. Also consider that Damubarta hits repeatedly since it is a continuous stream of damage that takes effect while the button is held down, and using it requires you to pretty much be inside the enemy or very very close to it.

To say Beasts are not fit to be Forces is rather a harsh statement, since Force can also equip Longbows. Their ATA kind of sucks but there's a variety of units for armor slots for a reason. I would wager somebody with plenty of meseta and player skill could be good enough at force if they used the Damu line of techs correctly since they could stand up to the damage.

But in the end, stats only go as far as the hands of the player.

Just my two cents there.

Itsuki
Sep 18, 2006, 06:57 AM
Forces over all have pretty low ATA. Online, as a FOnewearl, I missed alot. Hell, as a RAnewearl, with one of the highest ATA's, I still miss a good 10-15% of the time. I wouldn't expect to much from a beast with a bow.

But, its been mentioned before that beasts and casts have alot better survivability to make up for their abysmal TAP. But also, keep in mind, the only techs online right now are the normal techs and the RA-techs for the 4 main elements. Then Resta and Recover.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 18, 2006, 09:33 AM
Hunter level 5 will have the same stats regardless of how many class he has or doesn't have in other jobs.

I was under the impression you lose some stats when you switch jobs. I assume they're there when you switch back, but what happens if you level a few times on your 2nd job?

Kyuu
Sep 18, 2006, 01:01 PM
I was under the impression you lose some stats when you switch jobs. I assume they're there when you switch back, but what happens if you level a few times on your 2nd job?Right, you lose whatever stats you gained from the previous job when you switch to a new job.

Any race/gender/job combination will have the same stats with equal character and job levels, regardless of how many levels they may or may not have in jobs besides the one that's currently active.

If you switch back after leveling a couple times in the new job, you're at the exact same point you were before with the same stats (barring gains from any new character levels, of course), and the levels in the other job mean squat pretty much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-18 11:03 ]</font>

DiosGX
Sep 18, 2006, 03:23 PM
I think the best way to sum up changing jobs to people is that they're your new Mag system. They don't affect your permanent stat growth, just change your add-on stats and affect what weapons you can equip.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 19, 2006, 06:49 AM
If you switch back after leveling a couple times in the new job, you're at the exact same point you were before with the same stats (barring gains from any new character levels, of course), and the levels in the other job mean squat pretty much.

So you only lose the bonus that you add when you're job level raises? I should just switch to find out. I'm almost at level 10 anyway. I'm just thinking. Get to 30, switch jobs, level 5 times, go back to your old job. You've got the stats of a level 30 character, but you're on level 35, right? I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Itsuki
Sep 19, 2006, 02:41 PM
No no, you misunderstand.

A level 35 will always have a level 35's stats. Your class level levels seperately. Lets throw around some numbers. I'm a math oriented person, so everything becomes simpler to me when shown in numbers.

1) Lets say at level 30, you get 266 ATP as a Hunter. And you change to ranger. You'd go down to 200 ATP.

2) Now, you level from 30 to 35, and lets say that increases your ranger atp from 200 to 250.

3) If you change back to hunter, you'll have 333 ATP (250 * 4/3rds).

Now lets say you're Hunter level 5. And we'll say this is like a mag that automatically gets equipped when you change to hunter, and gives you +10atp. Rather than having 266 ATP to start, you'd have 276 ATP (266 + 10). And when you change back, rather than having 333 ATP you'd have 343 ATP (333+10).

But, while you're a Ranger, you don't get that +10 ATP.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 02:46 PM
Ah OK....wow, PSU seems alot more complex in the class department, XD

Itsuki
Sep 19, 2006, 03:10 PM
Its both more complex and simpler at the same time. In reality, the leveling in PSO was super complex. All the classes were just so distinct from eachother and really didn't have any "standard". But most people didn't really realize or care. In PSO, if you two two classes and asked which had better magic power or something, the answer would be complex. One may start out lower and become higher, and even if that wer enot the case, you couldn't really say how much more powerful the class is.

Theres a whole lot more going on in PSU, but when it comes down to it, its all very simple and formulaic. Which is actually puts it alot closer to MMOs. So when a person asks you to compare to classes, you can give definitive answers. You can say "Newman have exactly 20% more TAP than Humans".

Sexy_Raine
Sep 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
I'm probably not going to waste my leveling other classes as a newman force. I plan to stay exclusive to one class.

So HP changes too? That's stupid.

DiosGX
Sep 19, 2006, 04:12 PM
Forces don't get to have my Hunter HP. :P

Clyde
Sep 19, 2006, 04:29 PM
Definitely can't wait to try to make a pure beast/FO just to see whether or not that it is truly un-playable.

That is after I try a Newearl/FO (just can't beat that nice TAP stat) and a newearl/RA just for kicks.

It seems that SEGA has taken a good deal more consideration in the stats, then in PSO. Balance seems to be the main theme of this game so i hope it works as it should and that no-one picks solely on stats alone. That way it's more fun everyone all around.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 19, 2006, 08:53 PM
A level 35 will always have a level 35's stats. Your class level levels seperately.

I'm an idiot. It finally clicked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif