PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions

RamenEater
Sep 18, 2006, 02:32 AM
1. Kinda off topic but, for anyone who uses Teamspeak. Am I able to set a button on a PS2 controller to talk? I remember the one thing about PSO that was hard was playing with a controller and having to type to people.

2. Is there a targeting system where you can lock on and scroll though enemies?

3. I've read a post where people talk about tanking. How does a person hold hate in PSU?

A2K
Sep 18, 2006, 02:38 AM
1. Not sure. I know with Ventrilo you can either set it so you automatically transmit when it detects noise above a certain level (as in, when you're speaking) or bind it to a hotkey. I imagine other programs offer similar features, although I don't know if any allow you to bind to a controller button.

2. There is a lock-on function for melee weapons, but no scrolling.

Kyuu
Sep 18, 2006, 02:44 AM
3) There is no "hate" in PSU. Don't think in terms of EQ-clones. The enemies pretty much decide on their own who to go after. Generally, it's whoever's closest, I believe.

"Tanking" in PSU is pretty much just the Hunters being in melee range taking the hits while Rangers and Forces are at range. Also, Hunters can use their PAs to knock mobs around and keep them away from the other party members, which I suppose could be a form of "tanking."

Alisha
Sep 18, 2006, 02:47 AM
1. Kinda off topic but, for anyone who uses Teamspeak. Am I able to set a button on a PS2 controller to talk? I remember the one thing about PSO that was hard was playing with a controller and having to type to people.

whats so hard about it? seriously id like to know.maybee im just bias'ed because ive been doing it since dc pso and have down to an art.but id like to know how its hard.

RamenEater
Sep 18, 2006, 02:54 AM
I've played PSO DC as well. How can you put your controller down during battle while you have to defend yourself and type to your team mates?

Zarbolord
Sep 18, 2006, 02:56 AM
Use a gizonde lvl30 to paralyse them all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RamenEater
Sep 18, 2006, 02:57 AM
Hehe, Alisha i answered your question first even though I asked first. Do you have any input on my questions?

Alisha
Sep 18, 2006, 03:00 AM
anything that needs to be said in the heat of battle could most likely be expressed through symbol chats.

Zarbolord
Sep 18, 2006, 03:04 AM
Don't forget that shortcuts are also an option.

LoneVandal
Sep 18, 2006, 03:08 AM
Or you could be like me and assign your R3 button to mean your ` key or whatever with Joy2Key or some other freeware program like I did, then assign that to be your push-to-talk key in Ventrilo.

I just hold down my right analog stick while I'm fighting and I can talk to Parn / Ark / Dios.

Or you could be like me and assign your R3 button to mean your ` key or whatever with Joy2Key or some other freeware program like I did, then assign that to be your push-to-talk key in Ventrilo.

I just hold down my right analog stick while I'm fighting and I can talk to Parn / Ark / Dios.

Playstation 2 users would have to.. uh.. have a PC near them and probably use the sound level activation method.

The "lockon" function is pretty cool, you just face the enemy you want to fight and hit the button, then you always face them no matter where you run. This actually matters unlike in games such as FFXI since you can move left and right to avoid getting hit by attacks, then counter quickly.

This lockon ability is somewhat related to "tanking".. There is no tank class in PSO / PSU, everyone gets the shit kicked out of them by enemies if you stand there like a retard trading blows. To be a good Hunter you have to learn how enemies attack and actively avoid getting hurt as much as possible. The lockon makes it easy to move around them while still being able to quickly attack when you have the opportunity.

Finally, like they said, there is no "hate", just like there is no "tanking".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LoneVandal on 2006-09-18 01:14 ]</font>

RamenEater
Sep 18, 2006, 03:10 AM
That still doesnt change the fact that it is hard to type, if I wanted to type, in the heat of battle.

RamenEater
Sep 18, 2006, 03:11 AM

sweet thanks man =D

RamenEater
Sep 18, 2006, 03:50 AM
Ahh so you play FFXI too eh, i just quit recently. Gonna follow in my monk career and use some knuckles and claws >:D